[Variety] Happy Sunday -1 Night, 2 Days (1박 2일) S3 :KBS 1N2D S3 MISS ALL MEMBER -STAFF EXCEPT JY :PAGE 447 END MARCH 2019

Just putting this out in case some people don't really catch each episode regularly. Next week's episode (not today's episode) will have something regarding Joohyuk. The broadcast date is pretty close to his death anniversary. Just for your information.

They also planned a movie screening event from 27-28 October at Yeouido CGV1, screening Joohyuk's movies.

Edited by lyd89
I got the venue for the movie screening wrong.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

DqBtQGDVAAAuM3s.jpg

181021  food  their learn to cook related joohyuk  ++   revisit place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gfSrFbiZ-I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yJvhXzX2EE

=============================

https://www.soompi.com/article/1249063wpp/2-days-1-night-hold-special-film-screening-event-remembrance-kim-joo-hyuk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

(from the above link)

8e5f7d3e351c4de6a8475beafea5512d.jpeg?s=

KBS’s “2 Days & 1 Night” will be holding a special film screening event to remember Kim Joo Hyuk, who passed away last October after a car accident.

At the end of the episode that aired on October 21, a teaser for next week’s episode showed the six cast members visiting a space that had been created to celebrate the actor’s life and career. The cast wiped tears away as they looked at the various photos that captured memories of their time with him.

Through the teaser, the show also announced that they will be holding a film screening event on October 27 and 28 that will look back on some of the actor’s best movies including “Mr. Handy,” “Blue Swallow,” “When Romance Meets Destiny,” “My Wife Got Married,” “Couples,” and “Confidential Assignment.” All proceeds from the event will be donated to help further Korean independent films, which is something Kim Joo Hyuk advocated throughout his  career.

Kim Joo Hyuk passed away on October 30, 2017 after a fatal car accident. He had an illustrious career as an actor and was loved for his appearance on “2 Days & 1 Night.”

• Like 4

The movie screening starts today.

The 1n2d members will be greeting the audience before the movie today and there will be filming (they filmed a trip on friday-saturday). It seems that Hojin pd will also join the members in the upcoming episode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I was watching today's episode live then came to a realisation that the bokbulbok games that they played for the ingredients last week could be a mini tribute to Joohyuk. Just speculation:

• 4-syllable food names could be a reference to "gutaeng" which came from when they were answering 4-syllable idioms
  • Movies and dramas are part of Joohyuk's main profession, acting
  • One of Joohyuk's best games was distinguishing real and fake foods, which they mentioned on his last 1n2d episode.
  • Like 1

“2 Days & 1 Night” Cast Remembers Kim Joo Hyuk With Heartwarming Stories And Tears

“2 Days & 1 Night” Cast Remembers Kim Joo Hyuk With Heartwarming Stories And Tears

Oct 28, 2018
by S. Park

On the latest episode of KBS 2TV’s “2 Days & 1 Night,” the cast tearfully paid their respects to their late friend and colleague Kim Joo Hyuk.

During the October 28 broadcast, the members competed in a friendly cooking competition using octopus from Muan County and pork from Yangsan. Cha Tae Hyun’s team was the winner with a score of 17 to 3, and they won the reward of sleeping indoors. Kim Jun Ho’s sous-chef, who had run a food truck for 10 years, commented, “I thought that we’d lose even if the rice turned out well.”

After the competition, the staff led the members to a cafe decorated with photos of Kim Joo Hyuk. The cast members remarked somberly, “It’s already the anniversary of his death.” They then reminisced about their beloved fellow cast member, who passed away in a car accident on October 30 of last year.

2-Days-1-Night1.jpg

Looking at the photos, the cast members recalled, “During the first episode, we asked each other what we should do.” They added, “Do you remember our first birthday party?” and remembered the episode that gave birth to Kim Joo Hyuk’s nickname “Goo Teng hyung.”

The members were calm until they heard Kim Joo Hyuk’s voice say, “Hey, [younger] brothers. Have you been well? It’s me, Joo Hyuk. I miss you.”

As they shed tears, producing director (PD) Yoo Il Yong explained, “We prepared pork ribs from Yangsan and octopus skewers from Muan because Kim Joo Hyuk liked them. I want to look back on the happy memories we made together with Kim Joo Hyuk on ‘2 Days & 1 night.'”

The cast members replied, “To be honest, we caught on while eating the meat. It was a food dish that Kim Joo Hyuk really loved.”

Kim-Joo-Hyuk2.jpg

The cast was then joined by Kim Joo Hyuk’s close friends Jung Ki Jin and Han Jung Soo. Jung Ki Jin said, “I’m Kim Joo Hyuk’s closest friend Jung Ki Jin. I taught him skills for the practical exam when he was entering college.” Han Jung Soo added, “I’m his neighborhood friend Han Jung Soo. We were the same age, and both of us couldn’t drink, but we liked to have fun together. He was a friend, but also a strong pillar of support.”

Actor Bong Tae Gyu and Kim Jong Do, the head of Kim Joo Hyuk’s agency, also shared their thoughts in a special video message. Kim Jong Do commented, “It’s been 20 years since we began [working] together.” Bong Tae Gyu, who starred together with Kim Joo Hyuk in the film “When Romance Meets Destiny,” said, “He was like a real older brother. Throughout filming, he felt like a real older brother.”

Bong-Tae-Gyu.jpg

Kim Sung Hoon, the director of Kim Joo Hyuk’s 2017 film “Confidential Assignment,” said, “Kim Joo Hyuk expressed his affection for the staff by saying, ‘It is because of all our passions gathered together that we are able to act and have such good teamwork. So I love each and every [staff member].'”

PD Yoo Ho Jin, who recruited Kim Joo Hyuk for “2 Days & 1 Night,” talked about why the actor had initially joined the variety show. He recalled, “Kim Joo Hyuk told me, ‘I’m introverted, so I would like to have opportunities to go outside. I want to go on a trip.’ He said he hoped to make friends.”

Students from Kim Joo Hyuk’s alma mater who met him through the show remarked, “It felt natural, as if we had always known each other as junior and senior alumni. It was more amazing because it didn’t feel especially out of the ordinary.”

Jung Ki Jin continued, “Kim Joo Hyuk was a really kind person. The first celebrity friends that he introduced to me were the ‘2 Days & 1 Night’ cast.” Han Jung Soo added, “I even became jealous at one point. Before he joined ‘2 Days & 1 Night,’ he used to only hang out with me, but one day, he started hanging out with the ‘2 Days & 1 Night’ members [instead].”

2-Days-1-Night-2.jpg

The “2 Days & 1 Night” cast members also shared their memories of Kim Joo Hyuk. Defconnbegan, “On his first day [of filming], I could see that he felt awkward. He gave me the feeling that I should be good to him.” Kim Joon Ho recalled, “He called me a month after he left the show and kept talking about Defconn. He told me repeatedly, ‘Defconn is a lonely kid. You have to be good to him. Call him frequently.'”

The cast also talked about how Jung Joon Young and Kim Jong Min were like special younger brothers to Kim Joo Hyuk. PD Yoo Ho Jin said, “Jung Joon Young made fun of [Kim] Joo Hyuk a lot on air, but he did it even more outside of work. Jung Joon Young really liked Kim Joo Hyuk and followed him around a lot.” Kim Jong Do added, “Kim Joo Hyuk told me, ‘Kim Jong Min isn’t an idiot. I really like that he’s sincere to me.'” Kim Joon Ho said, “When we went to visit Kim Jong Min’s father’s grave, Kim Joo Hyuk told [his father] that Kim Jong Min is living well. When I saw that, I thought that he really is like our eldest brother.”

Kim Jong Do and PD Yoo Ho Jin continued, “Kim Joo Hyuk said many times, ‘I have a lot to learn from Cha Tae Hyun.’ He would say, ‘Ask Cha Tae Hyun [for his opinion].’ [Cha Tae Hyun] was like the second oldest brother that [Kim Joo Hyuk] could depend on. I think they had a special relationship.”

Yoon Shi Yoon, who joined “2 Days & 1 Night” after Kim Joo Hyuk’s departure, mentioned a conversation he’d had with the late actor about the show.” He recalled, “Outside of work, [Kim Joo Hyuk] asked me, ‘Don’t the two weeks go by really quickly?’ and I sympathized with that a lot.”

2-Days-1-Night-3.jpg

The members also talked about Kim Joo Hyuk’s acting projects after leaving “2 Days & 1 Night.” Cha Tae Hyun commented, “I was watching ‘Believer,’ and even though it’s not a sad movie, I started crying. No matter how much an actor acts, his true self shows through [in his acting]. When I saw him in his role, it made me cry a lot. Seeing the projects in which he appeared after leaving ‘2 Days & 1 Night,’ I thought, ‘He was really patient.'”

Thinking back to Kim Joo Hyuk’s first day on the show, Yoo Ho Jin PD said, “We surprised him on the first day, so I thought he’d say later on, ‘Let’s not do things like this from now on.’ But at some point, he was the one to take the water spray, and he kept trying to do more [for the show]. Seeing that, I thought that he was truly a mischievous person.”

Jung Joon Young shared, “At first, riding alone with him in a car was really uncomfortable.” He also recalled with a smile, “In the beginning, he told me that he was stressed out because he kept thinking, ‘What if people don’t recognize me?'” Cha Tae Hyun added, “At first, when they said that Kim Joo Hyuk was joining, I thought, ‘He’s coming?’ I worried a lot too [about whether he’d fit the show]. But he became silly on his own.”

Defconn stated, “Even if it’s only the first anniversary of his death, I want to do something for him. I think that remembering Kim Joo Hyuk and talking about him is our way of honoring him.” Pointing to his hat, PD Yoo Il Yong revealed, “This is the hat he wore. I’ve been wearing this hat all year long. I bet he’ll hope for us to smile and remember him. I hope that we can remember him as fun guy and a good person.”

2-Days-1-Night-4.jpg

On the next day, the members and Kim Joo Hyuk’s close friends packed his favorite foods and visited his grave. The members were moved by seeing that fans had visited his grave and left flowers. After laying out the food, they said, “We came back after a year.” Kim Joon Ho added, “I think he’d prefer for us to say funny things,” and he went on to do an impersonation of Lee Joo Il, one of Kim Joo Hyuk’s favorite comedians.

Jung Ki Jin cried as he said, “I think I know why you liked the people on ‘2 Days & 1 Night.’ Please watch over all of these people so that things go well for them.”

The members then attended a special film screening event prepared by the staff of “2 Days & 1 Night” in remembrance of Kim Joo Hyuk.

2-Days-1-Night-5.jpg2-Days-1-Night-6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, The_Doctor said:

Oct 28, 2018
by S. Park

On the latest episode of KBS 2TV’s “2 Days & 1 Night,” the cast tearfully paid their respects to their late friend and colleague Kim Joo Hyuk.

During the October 28 broadcast, the members competed in a friendly cooking competition using octopus from Muan County and pork from Yangsan. Cha Tae Hyun’s team was the winner with a score of 17 to 3, and they won the reward of sleeping indoors. Kim Jun Ho’s sous-chef, who had run a food truck for 10 years, commented, “I thought that we’d lose even if the rice turned out well.”

After the competition, the staff led the members to a cafe decorated with photos of Kim Joo Hyuk. The cast members remarked somberly, “It’s already the anniversary of his death.” They then reminisced about their beloved fellow cast member, who passed away in a car accident on October 30 of last year.

2-Days-1-Night1.jpg

Looking at the photos, the cast members recalled, “During the first episode, we asked each other what we should do.” They added, “Do you remember our first birthday party?” and remembered the episode that gave birth to Kim Joo Hyuk’s nickname “Goo Teng hyung.”

The members were calm until they heard Kim Joo Hyuk’s voice say, “Hey, [younger] brothers. Have you been well? It’s me, Joo Hyuk. I miss you.”

As they shed tears, producing director (PD) Yoo Il Yong explained, “We prepared pork ribs from Yangsan and octopus skewers from Muan because Kim Joo Hyuk liked them. I want to look back on the happy memories we made together with Kim Joo Hyuk on ‘2 Days & 1 night.'”

The cast members replied, “To be honest, we caught on while eating the meat. It was a food dish that Kim Joo Hyuk really loved.”

Kim-Joo-Hyuk2.jpg

The cast was then joined by Kim Joo Hyuk’s close friends Jung Ki Jin and Han Jung Soo. Jung Ki Jin said, “I’m Kim Joo Hyuk’s closest friend Jung Ki Jin. I taught him skills for the practical exam when he was entering college.” Han Jung Soo added, “I’m his neighborhood friend Han Jung Soo. We were the same age, and both of us couldn’t drink, but we liked to have fun together. He was a friend, but also a strong pillar of support.”

Actor Bong Tae Gyu and Kim Jong Do, the head of Kim Joo Hyuk’s agency, also shared their thoughts in a special video message. Kim Jong Do commented, “It’s been 20 years since we began [working] together.” Bong Tae Gyu, who starred together with Kim Joo Hyuk in the film “When Romance Meets Destiny,” said, “He was like a real older brother. Throughout filming, he felt like a real older brother.”

Bong-Tae-Gyu.jpg

Kim Sung Hoon, the director of Kim Joo Hyuk’s 2017 film “Confidential Assignment,” said, “Kim Joo Hyuk expressed his affection for the staff by saying, ‘It is because of all our passions gathered together that we are able to act and have such good teamwork. So I love each and every [staff member].'”

PD Yoo Ho Jin, who recruited Kim Joo Hyuk for “2 Days & 1 Night,” talked about why the actor had initially joined the variety show. He recalled, “Kim Joo Hyuk told me, ‘I’m introverted, so I would like to have opportunities to go outside. I want to go on a trip.’ He said he hoped to make friends.”

Students from Kim Joo Hyuk’s alma mater who met him through the show remarked, “It felt natural, as if we had always known each other as junior and senior alumni. It was more amazing because it didn’t feel especially out of the ordinary.”

Jung Ki Jin continued, “Kim Joo Hyuk was a really kind person. The first celebrity friends that he introduced to me were the ‘2 Days & 1 Night’ cast.” Han Jung Soo added, “I even became jealous at one point. Before he joined ‘2 Days & 1 Night,’ he used to only hang out with me, but one day, he started hanging out with the ‘2 Days & 1 Night’ members [instead].”

2-Days-1-Night-2.jpg

The “2 Days & 1 Night” cast members also shared their memories of Kim Joo Hyuk. Defconnbegan, “On his first day [of filming], I could see that he felt awkward. He gave me the feeling that I should be good to him.” Kim Joon Ho recalled, “He called me a month after he left the show and kept talking about Defconn. He told me repeatedly, ‘Defconn is a lonely kid. You have to be good to him. Call him frequently.'”

The cast also talked about how Jung Joon Young and Kim Jong Min were like special younger brothers to Kim Joo Hyuk. PD Yoo Ho Jin said, “Jung Joon Young made fun of [Kim] Joo Hyuk a lot on air, but he did it even more outside of work. Jung Joon Young really liked Kim Joo Hyuk and followed him around a lot.” Kim Jong Do added, “Kim Joo Hyuk told me, ‘Kim Jong Min isn’t an idiot. I really like that he’s sincere to me.'” Kim Joon Ho said, “When we went to visit Kim Jong Min’s father’s grave, Kim Joo Hyuk told [his father] that Kim Jong Min is living well. When I saw that, I thought that he really is like our eldest brother.”

Kim Jong Do and PD Yoo Ho Jin continued, “Kim Joo Hyuk said many times, ‘I have a lot to learn from Cha Tae Hyun.’ He would say, ‘Ask Cha Tae Hyun [for his opinion].’ [Cha Tae Hyun] was like the second oldest brother that [Kim Joo Hyuk] could depend on. I think they had a special relationship.”

Yoon Shi Yoon, who joined “2 Days & 1 Night” after Kim Joo Hyuk’s departure, mentioned a conversation he’d had with the late actor about the show.” He recalled, “Outside of work, [Kim Joo Hyuk] asked me, ‘Don’t the two weeks go by really quickly?’ and I sympathized with that a lot.”

2-Days-1-Night-3.jpg

The members also talked about Kim Joo Hyuk’s acting projects after leaving “2 Days & 1 Night.” Cha Tae Hyun commented, “I was watching ‘Believer,’ and even though it’s not a sad movie, I started crying. No matter how much an actor acts, his true self shows through [in his acting]. When I saw him in his role, it made me cry a lot. Seeing the projects in which he appeared after leaving ‘2 Days & 1 Night,’ I thought, ‘He was really patient.'”

Thinking back to Kim Joo Hyuk’s first day on the show, Yoo Ho Jin PD said, “We surprised him on the first day, so I thought he’d say later on, ‘Let’s not do things like this from now on.’ But at some point, he was the one to take the water spray, and he kept trying to do more [for the show]. Seeing that, I thought that he was truly a mischievous person.”

Jung Joon Young shared, “At first, riding alone with him in a car was really uncomfortable.” He also recalled with a smile, “In the beginning, he told me that he was stressed out because he kept thinking, ‘What if people don’t recognize me?'” Cha Tae Hyun added, “At first, when they said that Kim Joo Hyuk was joining, I thought, ‘He’s coming?’ I worried a lot too [about whether he’d fit the show]. But he became silly on his own.”

Defconn stated, “Even if it’s only the first anniversary of his death, I want to do something for him. I think that remembering Kim Joo Hyuk and talking about him is our way of honoring him.” Pointing to his hat, PD Yoo Il Yong revealed, “This is the hat he wore. I’ve been wearing this hat all year long. I bet he’ll hope for us to smile and remember him. I hope that we can remember him as fun guy and a good person.”

2-Days-1-Night-4.jpg

On the next day, the members and Kim Joo Hyuk’s close friends packed his favorite foods and visited his grave. The members were moved by seeing that fans had visited his grave and left flowers. After laying out the food, they said, “We came back after a year.” Kim Joon Ho added, “I think he’d prefer for us to say funny things,” and he went on to do an impersonation of Lee Joo Il, one of Kim Joo Hyuk’s favorite comedians.

Jung Ki Jin cried as he said, “I think I know why you liked the people on ‘2 Days & 1 Night.’ Please watch over all of these people so that things go well for them.”

The members then attended a special film screening event prepared by the staff of “2 Days & 1 Night” in remembrance of Kim Joo Hyuk.

2-Days-1-Night-5.jpg2-Days-1-Night-6.jpg

I am already tearing up by reading this.. 

So proud of uri Gutaeng Hyung. He is so well respected and loved by so many people and friends! 

We miss you, Mr Kim Joo Hyuk!

<2 days 1 night> is doing good and had received The Presidential Recommendation Award in Sep 2018.

We will continue to support #2D1N!

#RememberEachMember

• Like 2

i watched the latest episode twice...once, the raw video after its first airing..and just an hour ago with subs

and i cried twice...i didnt know i cried terribly, twice...i cried the moment they went into the room where his photos were displayed ..twice.. i didnt expect to be hit this hard twice as hard it me last  year..

i miss gutaeng hyung..i really miss him..i think about him everyday since it happened and every now and then i would look to the sky because i miss him without i'm realizing it..

and i miss coming here too..

let's remember our member well today as it is the 30th where i am now. it's exactly one year ago that we lost a passionate and charismatic actor but a warm and nice brother, friend and son to everyone..

#RememberEachMemberForever Kim Joohyuk

• Sad 2