My car is giving out. What type of car should I get?

Guest AtrumVeritas

Guest AtrumVeritas

Hey there.
So I currently have a 1984 318i BMW. I absolutely love my car. I wouldn't trade it in for anything in the world. The problem is that it's starting to just give up on me. I've done absolutely everything I could possibly do to keep it running but I'm afraid it's coming to the point to just get a new car. 
I really like to play music while I drive and would like something that I could put great speakers and bass into it. I also travel every once in awhile to go visit my parents at home since I'm currently at school about 200 miles away. So something that will drive well long distances and doesn't take up a lot of gas. 
I've been looking into Nissan's since my family used to have one and we didn't have many problems with it throughout the years but as long as I have something that won't die on my on the highway, then that's great.
So anyone have any suggestions? I've been told that Japanese made cars are really great.

Well, you always have the most reliable Japanese car maker, Toyota and Honda. They are both extremely reliable and no matter how much you bang them up, their cars still run like a champ with easy fixer upper. Not to mention the parts are cheap and easy to find. As for Acura, no cars really stood out to me or heard rave reviews from my friends other than the Acura TL. Which, I think is overall not a practical car if your primary reason is to have a car that lasts forever on the highway. One sole reason is the fact that mileage is not as competitive as Toyo and Honda. Yes it's comfortable and have a more luxurious feel, but remember, other car manufacturers had also stepped up their game as well.
In my opinion, Honda have gotten real knack with the aesthetic of their cars; including the accessories offered with the car. As each year passes by, I like the look, especially the Honda Accord more and more. I don't own an Accord but have ridden in the most current model, so this is my review on the car. But all in all, it's your opinion that matters in the end. Good luck hunting!

• 2 weeks later...

Um let's start with the basics shall we.
Do you want:

• sports car
  • van
  • suv
  • wagon
  • hatch back
  • family sedan
  • small sedan
Sounds like from your needs, you would be happy with a hatch back.  A lot of the hatches are targeted at college kids too, ala ford fiesta, ford focus, honda fit, toyota yaris etc

Archived