Ladies' Code (레이디스 코드) - Thank You LADIES CODE!

Admin

Guest comslave

jchau1113 said: I'm glad he's getting punished but at the same time...it's a little sad. I got mixed feelings just because I know how close the girls were to him. He made a mistake...everyone does...but I guess that doesn't really justify his actions. I hope everyone will be able to find some kind of closure soon. Of course the most important thing at the moment is that the members are healthy and their families are healing. 

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aidiljamari

ladies-code-rise-son-jin-young_141861474

Son Jin Young talked about RiSe in an interview.

He had an interview with StarNews, and he talked about RiSe's passing in September. The two had been close friends since their appearance together on MBC's 'Birth of a Great Star', and he said, "All of the 'Birth of a Great Star' contestants gathered together at her wake. Even when she was alive, she was someone who would bring all of us together."

SEE ALSO: Prosecution asks for 2.5 year jail sentence for Ladies' Code's road manager + verdict expected in January

Son Jin Youg had talked about having a crush on RiSe while on the show, and he said, "She's a special person to me because we became an issue through a love line, so I hurt even more. I still can't believe it. She was such a nice person who cared a lot. Whenever I released a new song, she would contact me even before I told her. Now that it doesn't happen, I feel like something's missing. I feel like she might still pick up when I call. It hurts a lot."

credit: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/12/son-jin-young-talks-about-how-much-he-misses-ladies-codes-rise

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest aidiljamari

Ladies' Code manager sentenced to 1 year and 2 months of imprisonment + Polaris Entertainment preparing to appeal

ladies-codes-car-accident-investigation-

Ladies' Code manager Mr. Park has been found guilty of speeding before the vehicle crash that resulted in the death of Ladies' Code members EunB and RiSe.

SEE ALSO: Prosecution asks for 2.5 year jail sentence for Ladies' Code's road manager + verdict expected in January

After reviewing CCTV footage, the investigative team found that Mr. Park had been speeding at 135.7kmh (~84.3mph) in a zone that is 80kmh (~50mph) during rain, causing the vehicle to slide on the road and slam into a wall. The defendant himself has admitted fault in the case and was sentenced to 1 year and 2 months of imprisonment.

Judge Jung stated, "Though the defendant is reflecting on his mistake, we took the defendant's gross negligence and the fact that he didn't come to an agreement with the bereaved families into account." Ladies' Code's agency Polaris Entertainment also stated, "We're prepared to appeal. We'll try to minimize the pain caused to the families of the deceased and Mr. Park."

Source: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/01/ladies-code-manager-sentenced-to-1-year-and-2-months-of-imprisonment-polaris-entertainment-preparing-to-appeal

Guest comslave

I expect having the manager's court case over will allow Polaris to concentrate on the girls.  Still no word from them at all.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aidiljamari

Leeteuk and Hyeri sentimentally recall Ladies' Code's past happiness at receiving the 'Rookie Award' at 'The 4th GAON Chart Kpop Awards'

Hyeri-Leeteuk-ladies-code_1422467675_af_

'The 4th GAON Chart Kpop Awards' took place on January 28 where the sweet girls ofLadies' Code were sorely missed.  MCs Leeteuk and Hyeri particularly expressed their sentiments about the girls after giving the awards out for best rookies of the year asLadies' Code had won the award the previous year.

Leeteuk said, "Seeing WINNER and MAMAMOO win the rookie awards makes me think of Ladies' Code.  Last year, Ladies' Code won the award and their happy image has popped back into my head.  It's regrettable that they are not here with us today."

SEE ALSO: [single Review] Lizzy - 'Not an Easy Girl'

Hyeri added, "I wish people would listen to their songs more and remember them." Leeteuk said, "We also wish that the other members would recover quickly, so that we could see them on stage," showing his support for not only the group's rehabilitation but also their return to the K-Pop world.

Meanwhile, congratulations to WINNER and MAMAMOO on receiving the honor that had been bestowed to Ladies' Code in the past.

Source: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/01/leeteuk-and-hyeri-sentimentally-recall-ladies-codes-past-happiness-at-receiving-the-rookie-award-at-the-4th-gaon-chart-kpop-awards

Guest aidiljamari

[DEBATE] Is the punishment for Ladies' Code's manager fair or too harsh?

ladies-code_1422570674_af_org.jpg

Earlier this month, Ladies' Code's manager Park was found guilty of speeding before the vehicular crash that led to members EunB and RiSe's death. He was sentenced to one year and two months in jail. 

As the K-Pop community continues to grieve the tragic loss of the Ladies' Code members, many can't help but wonder how the court can gain justice for their deaths. With prosecution recently appealing to the court for a harsher sentence and Polaris Entertainment appealing for a lighter one, K-Pop fans are abuzz, arguing whether or not Park's punishment is fair.

While alim17 believes that Park's one year and two months sentence makes sense,pakman finds it to be too harsh.

SEE ALSO: Prosecution revealed to have appealed for heavier sentence against Ladies' Code's manager

While alim17 makes a good point that the Park needs to serve as an example for other managers and drivers in general by serving his sentence, pakman also makes a good point that it seems unfair that only Park would get severely punished for a mistake many others make habitually. 

What do you guys thinks? 

Soruce: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/01/debate-is-the-punishment-for-ladies-codes-manager-fair-or-too-harsh

Guest aidiljamari

class="title-header" style="font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size: 40px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.15; margin: 30px 0px; padding: 0px 230px; clear: both; letter-spacing: -1px; word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Media Release: ‘Remember Me’ First And Last Duet Songs from Eunb ( Ladies Code) with HyunMin-A (Malaysian Entertainer)Camera 360

SEOUL, SEPT,15: No more secrets. Ladies Code member, EunB, 22, who passed away due to tragic accident recently, has left many beautiful moments and memories for her family and fans…including a beautiful warm, acoustic duet track which she recorded with HyunMin-A.

In addition to active activities as the member of Ladies Code, the late EunB actually recorded a duet song in July 2013 with HyunMin-A, a Malaysian Entertainer and artist who has now broken into K-pop market as a K-pop singer. It is verified through Polaris Entertainment’s member that this duet track happens to be the first and last duet song from EunB ever recorded.

Through conversations between HyunMin and EunB’s moms recently, Eunbi’s mother stated that late EunB was very happy to be selected to sing the duet track with HyunMin-A. She added that back when she was getting ready to record the song…she noticed EunB was always humming the song around the house and seemed to be really excited about recording the song with Hyunmin-A…

The title of the duet track is called “Remember Me” which was actually scheduled to be launched towards the end of the year…after when Ladies Code’s latest singles “Kiss Kiss” promotion was finished.

According to HyunMin’s management, Blessync Media, the music video for the duet song which involves the two artists was being planned, along with a reality TV program which is being developed currently which also involved the two artists as main cast of the show…however, under the current situation at hand, Blessync Media is in the process of restructuring the previous planning entirely into a tribute promotion for the two young artists who passed away in a tragic accident…and with the cooperation of Polaris Entertainment, the duet song “Remember Me” will be released in accordance with the concept of the “EunB & Lisae Tribute”.

“Yes, it is the first and the last duet song EunB ever sang with any artist. Right now, EunB’s management, Polaris Entertainment is still in its sensitive stage. Once the grieving subsides and when they are able to get there head around things again, we then will start the discussion on what can be done with the song…”

“But before any discussion actually gets started seriously it can take potentially take more time. And as stated previously the only option we have with the song is to Dedicate the song as a “commemoration / tribute” song for EunB. Just to make things clear, this song will be a tribute song to EunB. There will be no rerecording with any other artists, ” said Blake Shin, CEO of Blessync Media.

HyunMin&EunB(Selpi)
Blake continued the explanation and told the media the reason why this “tribute” concept is actually important. “We want to make sure we really commemorate who these artists are…and their dedication to music. Our goal for this “tribute” is to somehow make sure what the two young artists are not forgotten and live on in the hearts of many K-pop fans around the world.”

How did HyunMin-A, or previously known as Ajieb Rosdi in Malaysia became engaged with EunB as the duet song partner? Blake Shin explained that while HyunMin was being trained at M Net Academy … Ladies Code was also preparing for their album and being trained there as well. So Naturally HyunMin and EunB became acquainted … and later on became friends …he further explained that the demo song was actually given to all the members of the Ladies Code but in the end…it was Eunbi who connected with the song the most powerfully…and also with Hyunmin as well in terms of chemistry.

Considering that this song happens to be the first and last duet song from EunB…we are planning things from many levels, and trying to come up with the best possible course of action for the duet song, “Remember Me”.

“Again…it is our intention and will do our best so that the memories of the beautiful young artists lives on in the hearts of many fans..” Blake Shin, stated.

To find out more about “Remember Me”, and relevant information, you can contact us or follow twitter HyunMinAjieb.

BY HALLYUMALAYSIA IN UNCATEGORIZED ON OCTOBER 18, 2014.
Source: https://hallyumalaysia.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/media-release-remember-me-first-and-last-duet-songs-from-eunb-ladies-code-with-hyunmin-a-malaysian-entertainer/

• 2 months later...
Guest aidiljamari

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Ladies’ Code Manager Involved in Crash Comes to Agreement With Families of Deceased and Apologizes in Tears
Ladies’ Code Manager Involved in Crash Comes to Agreement With Families of Deceased and Apologizes in Tears

The manager who was driving the Ladies’ Code van when it crashed and killed two of the girl group members, EunB and RiSe, revealed that he had come to a settlement with the families of the deceased.

On April 8, during the appeal, the manager’s lawyer said, “We have reached an agreement with the families of the deceased,” and revealed that they will soon be submitting the relevant documents to court.

The manager also read out an apology letter at the trial to the late EunB and RiSe’s family in tears. He said in the letter, “I truly apologize to the families and the victims. I will go to visit each one by one and ask for forgiveness.”

He also thanked his own family for supporting him through the difficult time and said, “I know there are people who will resent me for this. I will forever live this life I’ve been given in atonement.”

Meanwhile, he was sentenced to two years and six months in prison this day after the prosecutors appealed that the previous sentence of 1 year and 2 months was too light.

Source (1)

Source: http://www.soompi.com/2015/04/08/ladies-code-manager-involved-in-crash-comes-to-agreement-with-families-of-deceased-and-apologizes-in-tears/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aidiljamari

Article: [Exclusive] 8 months after the car accident... Ladies Code dreams to return
Source: Star News via Nave

The members recently moved in to a dorm last month in Seoul and are back to their practice routine. "The members are living a normal life traveling to and from their dorm to their practice room. We're not preparing a comeback but they are still receiving vocal and choreography lessons."

The three are still receiving psychology treatments with their training along with follow-up treatments on the injuries sustained from the car accident. 

"Juni and Sojung live far away and Ashley's from America so none of them have a lot of close friends in Seoul. On their off time, they spend time with the company staff or with each other in their dorm."

"Nothing confirmed on the comeback yet. We are not at the point where we have begun collecting songs or planning a concept yet. Discussions, albeit little, are ongoing It's hard to say whether there will be a comeback within the year."

-

1. [+2,691, -25] Still can't believe it... supporting you!

2. [+2,212, -13] Upsetting... flowers that weren't even able to blame. I hope they find the strength in them to come back..

3. [+2,012, -60] One of the rare talented girl groups... supporting you!!

4. [+1,631, -18] Fighting to the three of you~~

5. [+1,498, -16] We'll be waiting! Come back!

6. [+98, -0] I want to see them do well and succeed.. I want to see them cry tears of happiness.

7. [+79, -1] Please don't give up your dreams, hope to see you smiling on TV again..

8. [+74, -1] Right when they were about to be popular ㅠ
Source: http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.ca/2015/04/ladies-code-move-back-in-together.html#

• 1 month later...
Guest JohnKPOP

great news! Who will be going there? i want to go there. anyone here know about this concert? please tell me.

Guest JohnKPOP

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Ladies’ Code Members Juggling Training and Therapy, Agency Answers Question on Comeback

Recent news of Ladies’ Code members Sojung, Ashley, and Zuny have been relayed.

On April 26, Star News reported that according to their management company, Sojung, Ashley, and Zuny returned to their dorm at the end of last month and are training as well as receiving psychological therapy for the trauma of the past accident.

According to the report, Sojung, who underwent surgery for her broken maxilla, is still receiving outpatient care.

When asked about a comeback for Ladies’ Code, an associate said, “Nothing has been decided,” and added, “But we should start to talk about it. I can’t say right now whether or not they can make a comeback this year.”

Meanwhile, Ladies’ Code was involved in a motor vehicle accident while traveling between schedules which took the lives of two members EunB and RiSe, and injured the rest of the members and stylists.

Source (1)

soompi

In all honesty, it's very hard for me to listen to their songs without tearing up. Even seeing edited pictured of just 3 of them is very hard to see. I can only hope for the remaining members to continue to lean on one another and to be strong. 

Im agree with you. But i do hope they EUNB last song can be release ..i really like eunb. how about you?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest aidiljamari

[ETC][150613] Tahiti Ari talks about Ladies' Code

*From the title translation
She talk about the shock of Ladies Code accident* 

Source: http://super5ladies.com/forums/index.php?/topic/504-etc150613-tahiti-ari-talks-about-ladies-code/

[NEWS] 150515 David Oh Belatedly Confesses That He Had a Crush on the Late Kwon RiSe

Posted Image

On September 7, 2014, Ladies’ Code‘s bright and lovely member Kwon RiSe passed away. She was only 22 years old.

Her friend, David Oh, had a hard time accepting this fact. He said, “Seeing her portrait at the funeral, I wondered if this was all a dream. At first I couldn’t think at all. I became sadder as time passed, and my heart was torn with sorrow.”

As many people already know, David Oh and Kwon RiSe were both contestants in MBC‘s “Birth of a Great Star.” They competed in the same season of the show and rose to the top-10 together. The two of them were nicknamed “Visual Couple” during the whole season, thanks to their lovely looks. Afterwards, they got cast in “We Got Married” as virtual husband and wife, which was quite a surprise since they hadn’t even officially debuted back then.

After releasing his new song “I Know I Know,” he was carefully asked to talk about RiSe. Since he had worked with her in “We Got Married,” David Oh probably had more memories of her that not a lot of people know about. David Oh remained calm and said something unexpected.

“I was interested in RiSe. I liked her actually, but I couldn’t confess to her. It was a one-sided crush. After ‘Birth of a Great Star’ ended, Son Jin Young even went on ‘The Quiz to Change the World‘ and said that I liked RiSe. But I learned something while filming ‘We Got Married’ with her. I liked RiSe but I wasn’t the style that she liked,” the singer confessed.

The two maintained a great friendship even after the show ended. David Oh explained, “But when RiSe debuted in the group Ladies’ Code, I couldn’t keep contact with her. She didn’t have a phone. More than a year passed when I got a phone call from RiSe. She said, ‘I got a new phone, let’s meet some time.’ Back then, I had no idea that this would be my last phone call with her.”

Meanwhile, David Oh released his debut song “I Know I Know” five years after his appearance on “Birth of a Great Star.”

Credit: Soompi 

http://super5ladies.com/forums/index.php?/topic/495-news-150515-david-oh-belatedly-confesses-that-he-had-a-crush-on-the-late-kwon-rise/

Edited by aidiljamari

• 4 weeks later...
Guest aidiljamari

Just found this. Published back in September 11 2011 

Kwon Ri Sae Sends Chuseok Greetings and Opens Her Heart on Her Career

Kwon Ri Sae rose to popularity after appearing in MBC’s “Star Audition” earlier this year in May.

For her fresh young look and emotion-packed performances Ri Sae gained attention since the beginnings of the show. After she went through the painful experience of being eliminated in April, she continued to work hard and pushed forward with her dreams, landing herself in Bae Yong Joon‘s company Key East. She has been slowly preparing to start anew her career in Korea.

After being a part of MBC’s “Star Audition,” Ri Sae also appeared on variety program “We Got Married.” Her virtual husband was no other than Star Audition colleague, David Oh.. September 17 will mark their last “We Got Married” episode together. Ri Sae states that although it was a short three months, she got to experience and learn many things from the show.

While wearing a beautiful handbok in respect for the holidays, Kwon Ri Sae shared her feelings about her participation in “We Got Married” and her plans for the future. With her aegyo filled way of talking she also shared a bit of her past and what ambitions she has for her career.

“There are so many things I got to do through ‘We Got Married’ and to only think it was three months. It really makes me wonder how little time had passed. But it was a really fun experience. When I made typos sending text messages David would often correct me. When I met T-ara‘s Eunjung Unnie, she even complimented that I chose a good husband.”

“You have to find a better man now.” At this joke the reporter threw at Ri Sae, she got a bit flustered and even started to fake cough. “In situations like this you say ‘I want to concentrate on my music for now’” advised the reporter, which made Ri Sae laugh out loud.

With “We Got Married” and a Chuseok special with various other idol stars set to air, Ri Sae now has a celebrity profile and is starting to get to know of her seniors and juniors in the business. However, she states that running into her “Star Audition” buddies was when she is the happiest. She has run into Park Chung Gak, Son Jin Young on the Chuseok special filming.

At the end of season two of MBC’s “Star Audition” that started to air on the September 9 will produce the first generation of juniors (hoobaes) for Ri Sae.

Ri Sae states, “I’m so curious that I’ll be sure to watch every episode. It seems a bit weird to call them my juniors, but I truely wish the best for their success.”

It is only but fitting for Kwon Ri Sae to having emotional feelings of affection towards the show. Attending a Korean school in Japan, Ri Sae dreamed of becoming a singer in Korea ever since she was little. And it was MBC’s “Star Audition” that made her dream come true.

Kwon Ri Sae states that being on “Star Audition” changed her life. “When I was little I liked to sing and dance, so I wanted to be a singer, but I never got to audition in Japan. There really wasn’t a definitive reason, but there was something about Korea that made me want to start there. Because my heritage is Korean, I’ve always wanted to learn more about my culture.”

Seeing the hallyu blow strong in the direction of Japan during her school years made Ri Sae proud. “The defining moment of the start of hallyu had to be the drama ‘Winter Sonata.’ It was popular among the Koreans living in Japan at first, but then it spread to the rest of Japan. After that attention for Korea, especially K-Pop, began to increase on Japanese TV and magazines. I was really proud.”

And it came to be that Bae Yong Joon, the star of “Winter Sonata” is Ri Sae’s senior at Key East. Although she has not met him in person yet, she wants to say to him “we are now one family” when she finally meets him.

“I learned Korean traditional dance so I’m used to wearing a hanbok, but since I’m dressed up for the holidays it’s a new and different feeling. This Chuseok holiday I get to eat all of my favorite Korean foods, and spend time with my mom. And I really want the time to rest because I caught a cold.”

Ri Sae stated that now “We Got Married” is over she is going to start working on an album. There is no definite time schedule yet for an album release thus far.

Source: http://www.soompi.com/2011/09/11/kwon-ri-sae-chuseok-interview/

Also don't think many people have seen this video before. This is actually the last episode of WGM KwonOh couple of Kwon Ri-sae and David Oh back in 2011. Kwon Ri-sae in in orange shirt and David Oh is also in orange shirt standing by the sidelines...

0.jpg

Edited by aidiljamari

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...