Yoo Yeon Seok 유연석 (Upcoming Drama 2021 : Hospital Playlist S2)

kokodus

@czakhareina you have no idea how ecstatic I am with this news. I was being tested greatly with 2 disappointing drama casting earlier today and then bam! come a very good news and I still can't collect myself at the moment. I need to take a deep breath now. 

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@czakhareina ugh, I was so down when I read the disappointing casting news (of Changmin and Hyeri). but same like you, my mind was blank and then I got so happy I cannot contain it (when I get to know about YYS and Jejudo Gatsby)! Tbh, I don't have much faith with the drama when I read the description, with all of those chaebol and stuff but when they drop YYS in, I say whatever! ahahahaha. I'm in, so much in, because his return to dramaland, especially rom-com is totally a dream come true for me.
LYB is with Sidus iirc, same with KSH. The one in KKEnt that have yet to get their deserving roles / break through are Kim Ji Won and Im Joo Eun ;______; 

Netizens reaction is POSITIVE!!! jjang!!

class="article_post_title entry-title" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; font-size: 32px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(72, 72, 72); padding: 0px 0px 15px; text-transform: capitalize; letter-spacing: 0.800000011920929px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Yoo Yeon Seok Offered Lead Role In 'Warm And Cozy'yys.jpg

tv Report - Naver: Yoo Yeon Seok joins Hong Sisters' 'Warm and Cozy'  as Kang So Ra's male lead 

1. [+1132, -46] Yoo Yeon Seok! Daebak..

2. [+1026, -48] I'll watch it if it's Yoo Yeon Seok and Kang So Ra

3. [+828, -120] Better than Rain and Kim Woo Bin ㅋㅋ

4. [+558, -40] I like this pairing~~~~^^

5. [+520, -36] Looking forward to it. Yoo Yeon Seok, fighting

6. [+150, -18] Rain is being offered this and thatㅋㅋㅋ I like Yoo Yeon Seok as the lead

7. [+102, -17] What a relief that it's Yoo Yeon Seok.. Imagine if Rain took this role instead

8. [+79, -12] I like Yoo Yeon Seok ㅎㅎㅎ'My Girlfriend is a Gumiho' and 'Master's Sun' were healing dramas 

9. [+64, -12] Ah daebak. Thank you so much ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

10. [+47, -7] He's finally doing a drama 2 years after 'Reply 1994'

11. [+41, -5] Wow. I really like it~ Do well, you two

12. [+42, -7] So jjang relieved that it's not Rain
http://kkuljaem.blogspot.ca/2015/03/yoo-yeon-seok-offered-lead-role-in-warm.html

@day_dreamerI've been following this drama since the start cause I am a fan of the Hong Sister. They are not really consistent in writing nor rating. They have great hits like Greatest love and Masters Sun but they also wrote dramas like Big and You're beautiful which was such a disappointment. But there is one thing I feel that is consistent with Hong Sisters drama and in which I am still looking forward to their works whether its a hot or miss, they create this zippy and fun environment for the lead and that just makes me feel they are meant to be together, so OTP wise, I've always been a shipper of their characters, that's the one positive thing about this drama...They have Kang Sora who has yet to confirms, whom I loved since the movie Sunny so that another positive..and now with YYS that is another boost for my excitement level for this drama. was happy with earlier casting potential news with KWB and KSR but then they had KWB decline and Rain attached which got me pretty anxious. I like Rain but I just didnt see him in this drama. SO when YYS was attached, happiness flew to high heavens. So I got 3 points on the positive side..
on the downside, I understand your anxiousness. the premise feels a little scattered, They still havent got solid footing in the premise. with potential incest, chaebol makjang and candy love story. its scary since this is set to air around May... and that is giving negative feels. I've mentioned that I've been checking this drama from the start, so when the initial title was Jejudo gatsby then it made me think of Great Gatsby immediately. For whatever changes they made to the title, the initial one stayed with me cause Great Gatsby is one book I read and just hated the premise. I super liked Gatsby but super hated the other characters. So I really don't like to hate this drama with association with the book...So there are 2 negatives for this drama...
ultimately is 3:2. if YYS and KSR accpents, then I am in all the way...!

@czakhareina from here http://news.search.naver.com/search.naver?where=news&se=0&query=%EC%9C%A0%EC%97%B0%EC%84%9D&ie=utf8&sm=tab_srt&sort=1&photo=0&field=0&reporter_article=&pd=0&ds=&de=&docid=&nso=so%3Add%2Cp%3Aall%2Ca%3Aall&mynews=0&mson=0&refresh_start=0&related=0 I think they are saying both YYS and Kang So Ra confirmed for Jejudo Gatsby *____________*
yeah, while I might not be a fan of the same old brand new chaebol candy formula, I am so in for the cast. I love both YYS and Kang So Ra. plus I do like Hong Sisters' Best Love. I am hoping for the best. I am so happy. I feel like crying and feeling like hugging everyone right now. hahaha

1. [+1132, -46] Yoo Yeon Seok! Daebak..
Word Netizen. Word.Yes! YYS! Excited and he picked one during the summer when school is out! It was destined for me to have 23423423 bags of Ramyun ready in front of my laptop screen to watch each episode in anticipation while reading the drama thread. 
It is the simple things. 
I will hold off on my reservations about the premise because it seems they are still trying to get that together. I usually wait to see what they show me on screen to judge off on the writing.
I am just happy YYS is returning to the small screen. I'll start my ramyun shopping now. 

tumblr_nlr4oqKmmw1to9y0zo1_540.jpg

[NEWS] (enewsworld) Yoo Yeon Seok and Kang Sora Confirmed for ′Warm and Cozy′

Yoo Yeon Seok and Kang Sora have been confirmed to lead the new drama,Warm and Cozy (tentative English title). 

Yoo Yeon Seok and Kang Sora will act as a couple for the first time in MBC′sWarm and Cozy as Baek Geon Woo, the owner and chef of the restaurant ′Warm and Cozy,′ and clothing company employee of five years, Lee Jung Joo, respectively. 

Warm and Cozy was created based on the idea of the love between an angry ant and the love-deprived grasshopper. The drama takes place on the beautiful island of Jeju, where a restaurant called ′Warm and Cozy′ is located. The Korean title, Mendorong Ttottot means ′warm and cozy′ in the Jeju dialect, and just like the meaning, the two main characters will learn to love each together. 

Known for his good looks, eloquent speaking style, and gentle manners, Yoo Yeon Seok will be taking the role of Baek Geon Woo. Although he is all about what he likes and what he enjoys, Baek Geon Woo is a character that is still liked despite his brutally honest personality. Despite being an intellgient man who knows exactly what is good about himself, Baek Geon Woo is also a romantist, moving all the way to Jejudo and setting up a restaurant for the sole reason that the girl he likes is there.

Kang Sora will act as the crooked and complaining ′ant,′ Lee Jung Joo, who receives more pain and suffering in comparison to all the effort she′s put into life. Although she acts as if she knows everything in the world to put up a shield, she actually holds a very weak and gentle heart. After living in Seoul and working her butt off for five years, Lee Jung Joo still loses her job and her boyfriend, ending up in Jejudo to start a new life not by choice. 

(read more on Mwave)

day_dreamer said:

[NEWS] (enewsworld) Yoo Yeon Seok and Kang Sora Confirmed for ′Warm and Cozy′

Yoo Yeon Seok and Kang Sora have been confirmed to lead the new drama,Warm and Cozy (tentative English title). 

Yoo Yeon Seok and Kang Sora will act as a couple for the first time in MBC′sWarm and Cozy as Baek Geon Woo, the owner and chef of the restaurant ′Warm and Cozy,′ and clothing company employee of five years, Lee Jung Joo, respectively. 

Warm and Cozy was created based on the idea of the love between an angry ant and the love-deprived grasshopper. The drama takes place on the beautiful island of Jeju, where a restaurant called ′Warm and Cozy′ is located. The Korean title, Mendorong Ttottot means ′warm and cozy′ in the Jeju dialect, and just like the meaning, the two main characters will learn to love each together. 

Known for his good looks, eloquent speaking style, and gentle manners, Yoo Yeon Seok will be taking the role of Baek Geon Woo. Although he is all about what he likes and what he enjoys, Baek Geon Woo is a character that is still liked despite his brutally honest personality. Despite being an intellgient man who knows exactly what is good about himself, Baek Geon Woo is also a romantist, moving all the way to Jejudo and setting up a restaurant for the sole reason that the girl he likes is there.

Kang Sora will act as the crooked and complaining ′ant,′ Lee Jung Joo, who receives more pain and suffering in comparison to all the effort she′s put into life. Although she acts as if she knows everything in the world to put up a shield, she actually holds a very weak and gentle heart. After living in Seoul and working her butt off for five years, Lee Jung Joo still loses her job and her boyfriend, ending up in Jejudo to start a new life not by choice. 

(read more on Mwave)

I am SOOO exited for him, I think he would fit well with kang sora, loooove him. Does it make me creepy if I said I fell in love with him when he played a psycho role in the mbc horror drama soul, he is such a charismatic great actor

Yoo Yeon Seok And Kang So Ra 
To Play The Leads Of New Drama
http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=19129
[by Sora Ghim] Actor Yoo Yeon Seok and Kang So Ra have come together for a heart-warming ‘Hong Sister’ romantic comedy!

Yoo Yeon Seok and Kang So Ra have been confirmed to play the leads in upcoming MBC Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘Agreeably Warm (literal translation).’

A new drama by the famous Hong Sisters (Hong Jung Eun, Hong Mi Ran), it will start airing in May after the end of ‘Angry Mom.’ ‘Agreeably Warm’ is about chef Baek Gun Woo and employee at the general affairs department of a clothing agency Lee Jung Joo. This will be the first time the two actors will play lovers.

This romantic comedy is loosely based on the grasshopper and the ant, portraying an exasperated ant with a grasshopper that lacks affection. Taking place on the beautiful island of Jeju, it occurs around the restaurant ‘Agreeably Warm.’

Firstly, Yoo Yeon Seok plays the part of Baek Gun Woo, a man that has everything that a woman wants in a man: good looks, eloquence, and a gentle manner. Although he’s the grasshopper type who only does things he wants to do, his honest personality is his charm. A clever man who knows his assets, he is unexpectedly innocent, opening a restaurant in Jeju Island just because the woman he likes is there.

Kang So Ra will transform into Lee Jung Joo, a woman who has struggled and worked hard all her life but never has a break, resulting in exasperation. She plays the grouchy ant in the fable. She puts up a front of confident and pride but is actually weak and delicate. Never missing a day of work during the 5 years at her company, she starts a new life in Jeju Island after losing her job, house, and boyfriend in Seoul.

Combing the best actors and scriptwriters, people already anticipate the drama. The producers complimented the actors saying, “Yoo Yeon Seok and Kang So Ra are perfect for the parts of Baek Gun Woo and Lee Jung Joo.” They continued, “Please anticipate and take a lot of interest in this fantastic harmony of the energy-filled young actors Yoo Yeon Seok and Kang So Ra, and the dependable ‘Hong Sisters’ scriptwriters along with PD Park Hong Kyun.”

Meanwhile, ‘Agreeably Warm’ will be the follow-up drama to ‘Angry Mom’ and will start airing in May. (photo by bntnews DB)

I'm still smiling like an idiot over the casting news and confirmation today. (Tho I believe this over the moon phase will pass soon and I'll start to be critical over the character / plot, lmao). 
Like honestly, when they were casting the male lead for Jejudo Gatsby (previous title) that started with Kim Woo Bin and then Rain, I never thought YYS would even be considered for it. Because let's be real, even tho he got his breakthrough through Reply 1994, and got cast for a number of movies in Chungmuro, I didn't think he's in the popularity league of actors the Hong Sisters would go for, yet. Because he is no Hallyu star, with no lead role at all in dramas be it in broadcast or cable channels. Sure his acting is recognised, but he doesn't really have a very big buzz surrounding him, no? ...but yasssssssssssssss now I am so thankful and happy for this drama return and casting news.
give me all the fluff of Yeon Seok and Sora now.... give meeeee *________* <3

Guest elena1984

day_dreamer said:
Like honestly, when they were casting the male lead for Jejudo Gatsby (previous title) that started with Kim Woo Bin and then Rain, I never thought YYS would even be considered for it. 

This news is just the same as other news but it has a little bit more info, I think. lol
zAB2Q0V.jpg

Yoo Yeon-seok and Kang So-ra have been confirmed for the leading roles in Hong Sisters' (Hong Mi-ranand Hong Jeong-eun) drama, "Warm and Cozy" ('Maendorong Ddoddot' – Korean title in Jeju island dialect).

Yoo Yeon-seok will play Baek Geon-woo, an owner and chef of restaurant, "Warm and Cozy" and Kang So-ra will act as Lee Jeong-joo, an employee who has been working for the general affairs department of a clothing company for five years. The two will couple up in the drama, which is scheduled to premiere in May.

"Warm and Cozy" is a romance comedy based on the unique concept of "hard working yet depressed ant and easy-going grasshopper suffering from affection deficit" The drama will be aired after the completion of MBC's Wednesday & Thursday drama, "Angry Mom".

The drama will basically depict a romance story between a young couple who work hard managing the restaurant "Warm and Cozy" in the beautiful island, Jeju.

The word, 'maendorong' means 'Cozily warm' in Jeju island dialect. As the word implies, Hong sisters will put their distinctive touch on the stories of the young couple whose relationship grows warm and cozy gradually.

Yoo Yeon-seok took on the role as Baek Geon-woo, who is handsome, gentle and good mannered perfect guy. However, he only pursues what pleases him, a typical type of the lazy grasshopper from the well-known Aesop fables. However, his simple and honest personality defies the negative opinions about him from others. He opens a restaurant in Jeju just because of the reason there lives a girl he likes. As such, he is unexpectedly a pure hearted guy, who keeps trying to win his one-sided love's heart.

Kang So-ra will play Lee Jeong-joo who has been working harder than anyone, however keeps going through tough situations instead of enjoying the rewards. She is an ant who keeps complaining and suffering from Hwabyung, the cultural-bound syndrome. Although she acts tough, she is soft hearted and docile inside. Although she worked hard for five years in Seoul, she gets to lose her job, her lover and her house. She unwillingly begins her life in Jeju, carrying on her tattered soul.

Yoo Yeon-seok, who has been continuing his active acting career throughout movies and dramas, has showed a wide range of his acting abilities in movie 'Architecture 101' and 'A Werewolf Boy' and earned the viewers' heart on the small screens in 'Night Hospital' and 'Gu Family Book'. He became one of the sought-after actors after his appearance as a innocent-hearted baseball player in 'Answer Me 1994'.

Kang So-ra also has showed outstanding and versatile acting performances and has been loved much for her role Oh Soo-hyeon in 'Doctor Stranger' and Ahn Yeong-yi in 'Incomplete Life. As the two young talented actor and actress have joined in a drama, the level of expectation is being raised as to how they will pull together to present their talents and unique appeals on the small screen.

Source : http://star.mbn.co.kr/view.php?no=284977&year=2015&refer=portal 

via HANCINEMA
Affection deficit? Love sick? 
"As such, he is unexpectedly a pure hearted guy, who keeps trying to win his one-sided love's heart."

"As such, he is unexpectedly a pure hearted guy, who keeps trying to win his one-sided love's heart."

:-S
why hello Chilbong 3.0. Now we'll see who's gonna be cast as the girl that he'd pine for. But hopefully the trope would end like in ep.2 or 3, because come on, I want to see more of him and Sora, hee. 
and from the reading, I guess after losing her job, Sora would go to Jeju and work at his restaurant, awwwww. 

@day_dreamer True he could be Chilbong 3.0 but this is the important sentences. 
"The word, 'maendorong' means 'Cozily warm' in Jeju island dialect. As the word implies, Hong sisters will put their distinctive touch on the stories of the young couple whose relationship grows warm and cozy gradually." 
Dare a hope for a slow burn friendship turned romance from stranger to lovers? 
reminds me of something I wrote *runs away

Archived