Yoo Yeon Seok 유연석 (Upcoming Drama 2021 : Hospital Playlist S2)

kokodus

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jongfucius

@chilbongsgurl94 I actually watched those movies in chronological order in which they were released, Hoya, Architecture 101, and then A Werewolf Boy last. If you want to end with a lighter and more gentle character I'd definitely suggest you save Hoya for last and watch the other two first, lol. He also starred in a movie that recently just came out last month, titled "Hwayi" also starring Kim Sung Kyun (Samcheonpo) and.... eeeeek YEO JIN GU ~ the noona fan within me is going crazy. 
"Also one last note just cos I'm kinda mad at everyone on the 94 thread who assumes we like YYS just b/c of his hot bod."

Wow, I thought I was the only one who was getting a little peeved that Chilbongie shippers were/are being regarded as "shallow" shippers of some sort. There's no denying that Yoo Yeon Seok's body leaves me drowning in my own pool of drool, but there's more to why I'm on his ship than just his hot hot hot body... 
His previous works may have brought him to the forefront of my attention, but Reply 1994 has solidified my position as an official fan of his. Yoo Yeon Seok was the sole reason I picked up the series, but I find myself more in love with Chilbongie than the actor himself. It's all thanks to the writer for creating such a genuine and earnest character, and also Yoo Yeon Seok for giving that character so much life. I could go on and on about why I adore him so much and why I'm so emotionally attached to Chilbongie but I'll stop myself ;)
Anyways, it's only 7 more hours until the next episode airs ~ 

aww it's sad you girls feel that way :( /hugsallround I have noticed a shift in the overall feel of the drama thread and I think there is ~some~ tension ... but I just ignore it all and keep on posting about Chilbongie LOL. For most part, things are still very amicable and respectful. We all have our individual preferences and reasons for becoming so invested in AM94 and Chilbongie - as long as you focus on that, then nothing anyone can say should make you question it. 
Anyway, just some random fangirly musings LOL 
I love that there is an obvious element of physical attraction and sexual tension between the two - it's subtle but just enough to be noted. There is no obstacle and conflict of interest in terms of seeing one another as family, but more importantly Chilbongie has managed to make sure he's not friend-zoned from the get-go like I suspect SCP (and possibly Haitai) have been.In saying that though - one of my favourite moments is that playful and friendly back-and-forth they had on their walk home. I may have squeaked out loud when he nudged her on the side and patted her back. I believe in the natural progression and development of their relationship and feelings and I just love that there is a genuine friendship and concern for one another's wellbeing underneath the physical attraction. I love that Najung does nag him a little - already in '94 and still in 2013. She sounds like such a wife it hurts LOL. Like when she'd tell him to eat slower so he doesn't get indigestion or whether he got hurt hence the bandaging or for him to not kick off the covers when he sleeps. I think it's been hinted that she does have a nurturing side to her but it's come out more with Chilbongie than the other boarders. 
And don't get me started on the baseball game sequence /FAINTS. I get heart palpitations just THINKING about it.My heart was thudding in anticipation at Chilbongie constantly looking out to the stands to find her. And then when she showed up!!!! And he looked straight on at her as if she was the only thing in the world - KYAAAAA. Talk about a star-struck moment. I like that Chilbongie is equally as famous if not even more than Sangmin and he probably has his own Najung-like fangirls yelling for his attention, but has somehow managed to come across as "that kid who's just always at the house" to Najung LOL. It was only recently she connected just how good a player he is and his status. And boy is he good hehehe. Najung is truly strong-willed because I fell even more in love watching Chilbongie in his element and so focused on the one passion in his life. You can tell, baseball means everything to this kid and I actually do think that there will come a moment soon where he won't have baseball (it's breaking my heart just thinking about it already) Finally, the fact that she lingered after the team walked in after the game, as if just hoping she'd get one final glance at Chilbongie. And then for him to come back out just as quickly and just stares at her /THUD. My feelz. The walking in sync only for him to throw her the winning ball is perhaps one of the most beautiful sequences <3 I love that he didn't have to say a word and she simply just followed him :) And the idea of him giving her what symbolically represents his world and his heart - UGH MY FEELZ.

I duncurrr, I love Chilbongie and will fight for that boy to the death in the other thread if I have to LOLOL. So far though, even if it's mostly Trash-biased over there, everyone's been pretty chill and respectful so there hasn;t been any reason for me to let my claws out...yet. :P But seriously, I think it's great that Chilbongie's awesomeness cannot be ignored by some of the the really devoted Trash fans! 
@PBJayism You know I have read some comments over at dramabeans saying that Chilbong would be the type to be friend-zoned but I just can't agree. Yes, he's nice and eager to please but he's not afraid to ask for what he wants and I think that's what distinguishes him from other "Nice Guys" who just answer to their crush's every whim. Gurl had to literally get on her knees for Chilbong to get the hint and give her a massage LOLOL. And although the feelings are mostly one-sided at this point, judging by how she seems suddenly affected by how close in proximity their faces were at one point, Na Jeong is slowly but surely starting to see Chilbong in a different light. That moment could just be chalked up to awkwardness but I don't think that wench has a shameless bone in her body lolol
P.S. Yeon Seok/Chilbong in that baseball uniform is doing things to me. :\">
P.P.S Aaaaand the claws just came out. Oh welp. 

@candid59 LOLOLOL at your P.P.S edit - I was just gonna come here and comment saying that there might be a reason for the claws to come out now :P
Speaking of moments of awareness over the growing close proximity - how adorable were they sitting there watching M together. It was just so natural for Najung to cling to the closest body (and a hot one at that hehe) but to see Chilbong literally freeze up for a moment and appear so affected - GAH DEM FEELZ. And then he just goes back to smiling because ahh his crush is all over him ahaha. I also loved that moment when Najung realizes how close she got to Chilbongie after Yoonjin came in and even appeared a little awkward and helped him fix his shirt. These two. Stahp it. 
So sadistic of me - but I really hope that those tragic events of '94 are a catalyst for them. I definitely took note when Chilbongie said he bought the melons from the department across the st - the same one that collapsed ... and part of me is terrified (but excited and hopeful) that he could be the character that will be affected by that. 
I LIKE his snarky, cheeky and rebellious side. I was so surprised by how convincing YYS is at the menacing bad guy roles but after seeing his range it makes sense why he can switch off the angelic baby face smile and put me on edge (see: baseball scene where he pitched to his sunbae's head)I'm not going to lie - I was cooing throughout his message to his mother ... until he said "Even though I don't mean it - congratulations" ... I was like HUH this guy does have a passive aggressive side ... and I liked it because as if he wouldn't have reason to hold some resentment. He knows one phone-call won't fix their strained relationship but he's willing to try. 
His intentions and heart will always be in the right place, but he's still an immature 20 something yr old kid and I find it SO realistic that not only does he accept it but he knows he'll make mistakes. And because show me a 20 yr old college guy who has all his *hit together. 
2ISH HOURS LEFT!! TILL WE SEE THIS:
tumblr_mw4tf3zo2N1so1tnbo1_500.gif

tumblr_mw4tf3zo2N1so1tnbo2_500.gif

Ahhhh it's almost 2am where I live and I have work tomorrow so it's probably best that I go to sleep now and come back tomorrow and spazz all I want after watching the fully subbed episode. Knowing me though, the moment I wake up I'll probably check for the live recaps and ruin it for myself since I only know this much Korean . -_- Ugh at this show. 
But yaaasss at injured Chilbongie. Which will = angsty Chilbongie. GIVE IT TO MEH. 
Also, just HOW many striped shirts does Chilbongie own? That seems to be his signature look. So that scene at the end of ep 7, where they're all sleeping and Chilbongie's wearing a striped shirt, I totally thought he wore the same one in ep 8 again when they're lying on the floor. But they're actually different HAHA. But I ain't complaining cuz the stripes make his already wide and broad upper body look...even broader. Rawr. 
Kay, just wanted to share two awesome Chilbongie-centric fanvids from the very talented xBlackD69 from Youtube. 

Sigh, this boy. I could watch him watch Na Jeong for a lifetime, for a lifetime. Also, watch out for that Youtube channel cuz not only did she make another video that centers around the whole series, she also might make a Chilbong/Na Jeong video using a song I suggested. Teehee.
Alright, gonna have to physically tear myself away from this and the drama thread now and go to sleep. I fully expect there to be a lot of fangirly posts in the morning, both good and bad. But mostly good!

Guest cygnus109

candid59 said: I duncurrr, I love Chilbongie and will fight for that boy to the death in the other thread if I have to LOLOL. So far though, even if it's mostly Trash-biased over there, everyone's been pretty chill and respectful so there hasn;t been any reason for me to let my claws out...yet. :P But seriously, I think it's great that Chilbongie's awesomeness cannot be ignored by some of the the really devoted Trash fans! 
@PBJayism You know I have read some comments over at dramabeans saying that Chilbong would be the type to be friend-zoned but I just can't agree. Yes, he's nice and eager to please but he's not afraid to ask for what he wants and I think that's what distinguishes him from other "Nice Guys" who just answer to their crush's every whim. Gurl had to literally get on her knees for Chilbong to get the hint and give her a massage LOLOL. And although the feelings are mostly one-sided at this point, judging by how she seems suddenly affected by how close in proximity their faces were at one point, Na Jeong is slowly but surely starting to see Chilbong in a different light. That moment could just be chalked up to awkwardness but I don't think that wench has a shameless bone in her body lolol
P.S. Yeon Seok/Chilbong in that baseball uniform is doing things to me. :\">
P.P.S Aaaaand the claws just came out. Oh welp. 

Okay, swear I'll leave after this haha! But 
@cygnus109 I just have to say that you had quite the snappy comeback! I had to restrain myself and be as nice as possible about it but I was lovin' the snark underlying your awesome response!  ^:)^

Guest 8001spring

class="entry-title" style="text-align: center; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: 24px; font-variant: inherit; line-height: 40px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(70, 77, 93);"‘응답하라1994’ 유연석 대기실에서 포착Posted by 이은아 on 2013/11/15배우 유연석

배우 유연석

tvN ‘응답하라 1994’에서 칠봉이 역할을 맡은 유연석이 촬영을 준비하는 모습이 포착됐다.

공개된 사진 속 유연석은 꽃받침 포즈를 취하며 웃음을 자아내고 있다. 또한, 그는 대기실에서 헤어 손질을 받으며 촬영 준비에 한창인 모습이다.

그는 현장에서도 스태프와 허물없이 지내며 모든 출연진 및 스태프와 끈끈한 팀워크를 과시하고 있다고 알려졌다.

극중 칠봉이는 쓰레기(정우)를 향한 나정(고아라)의 마음을 확신하고 첫사랑의 상처를 앓게 된다. 이들이 앞으로 그려나갈 삼각 로맨스는 관심을 끈다. ‘응답하라 1994’는 매주 금, 토요일 밤 8시 40분에 방송된다.

글. 이은아 domino@tenasia.co.kr사진제공. 킹콩엔터테인먼트
New interview article.Anyone who can and would like to translate?Credit: Tenasia

Guest cygnus109

@candid59 Lol. Do you think war is brewing 'cause of our replies? 
Liked your arguments btw. :D 
I do agree that Oppa found out about Binggrae because of a series of coincidences. Although I have to admit that I can't imagine how Chilbong would have addressed the issue either if he was the one who found out about Binggrae's problem. Then again, I didn't know how Chilbong and Najung could end up before, but now I'm almost certain that it's highly likely based on the narrative sense. I guess we'll see about Chilbong's reaction in the next episode.

just a quick rundown of chilbongie scenes in the latest episode :) I skimmed through the raw and watched his scenes because I'd rather just wait to watch the episode properly with subs. Anyway - a slow episode in general and it was more about Binggrae but there was still plenty of cute Chilbongie/Najung involved kyaaa <3
- 2013 scene: SCP is looking through the fridge asking for choc milk. They make fun of him being this age and still drinking flavoured milk. Yoonjin then asks her hubby how old he is and he responds with aegyo so insufferable and cringeworthy that Chilbongie throws his empty beer can (from the couch!) at SCP's face LOLOLOL. OMG. I die. Chilbongie is such a little *hit to SCP even after all these years <3Binggrae is peeling an apple with a knife and asks whether Chilbongie saw the knife. Chilbongie responds ahh had he seen it, he'd thrown it instead hahaha. 40 yr old Chilbongie is so jaded hahahaHe also points out that the hubby is about to appear on the wedding tape .. ooooh? And then we get to see the hubby walk down the aisle in the tape. They cut to the remaining 4 bachelors "smile blissfully" at the screen1994: - Chilbongie is sitting on the balcony/top patio area looking down at Najung and brooding OTL. This boy and his wistful looks. Next morning I assume - NJ/CB/HT/SCP are sitting crowded around the miracle world magic eye book (LOL optical illusions) the boys easily see the 3D shapes/images and in all her cross-eyed glory Najung can't. Yoonjin interrupts them and tells them to come down and eat. Chilbongie stays back with Najung.He then stares at her as she fixates on the book and gah my heart is already hurting. The two are still working hard on the book and he's intently giving her tips on how to see the image like how to focus her eyes LOL. - A LITTLE SKINSHIP HERE. She watches him flip through the pages and spot the images easily. She's staring at him while smiling then links their arms and continues to stare at his face ... probably wondering how he's moving his eyes to see the 3d images LOL (he stills for a moment when he notices the skinship and looks down at their arms <3) He picks out an easy one for her haha and she punches his leg. He leaves her after getting paged and just pats her on the back like he does haha- CAFE SCENE!! They're out together eating and Najung is quite dressed up ahaha at least compared to her usual home clothes. Anyway, he's asking her whether she's busy tomorrow and to come watch his game. They whinge back and forth and Chilbongie uses the lame excuse of having a girl there to cheer him on as a good luck jinx. What's cutest about this exchange is that Najung sounds so feminine and whiney here LOLOL and Chilbongie is making the cutest pouts and she says "Sorry Bong-ah" SHE HAS A NICKNAME FOR HIM NOW <3 KYAAAA. Anyway, she ends up remembering that she has an appointment and can't make his game. He says it's ok, it'll just be her fault if they lose LOL. - Chilbongie STRIPS (yesssss) in the locker rooms and Misoo comes barging in (SIGH. This wench is gonna cause problems for my otp I just know it). He tries to cover up and tells her to knock LOL (modest Chilbongie!). She mentions that the game is cancelled and pats his butt (GRRRRR). - He's at the baseball dugout and leaves her a message saying that the game has been cancelled and moved and that she now has to come LOL. All this happened RIGHT after oppa comes and picks up/piggybacks Najung who slipped and fell in the rain after her cafe lunch with Chilbongie. (just giving context LOL) - Chilbongie arrives at a restaurant Binggrae is working part time and bumps into Bing's younger brother (FINALLY!! Some family time?). He is obviously surprised by what the younger brother says and scoffs in disbelief (possibly the younger brother talking about Binggrae still continuing school which Chilbongie knows isn't true). To his credit Chilbongie doesn't say anything. - Chilbongie then goes in and speaks to Binggrae (YAY. Some Kim Cousins bonding time. Though ultimately the person Binggrae confided in and sought advice from was Oppa) - The boarders (minus NJ and Oppa) join Chilbongie for dinner (with Misoo and the catcher. GRRRR). I think there were some barbs exchanged. But it was nice to see Chilbongie spend time with the other guys and not just Najung. - Najung meanwhile is still obsessed with the magic eye book and is on the phone with Chilbongie about it. Oppa tries to take the book from her and she mentions Chilbongie. She gets angry when he tries to and successfully takes it from her HAHA. This girl. Oppa also wonders who gave her the book LOL. - Najung is STILL fixated on the magic eye book and is yet again talking to Chilbongie about it. - GAME DAY! :) Chilbongie runs out and steps up to the mound. Meanwhile, our Binggrae is at the MBC music festival pursuing his true passion - singing :D Awwww ... big moments for both the Kim Cousins. Haitai and SCP are with Binggrae cheering him on - awwww, sweet how they're fussing over him like a little bro but it's also a clear example of how Chilbongie is still an outsider to the boarding house family in a way. - Najung is with her parents at a doctor's appointment for the baby. She says she needs to go and runs off (to Chilbongie!!!). We then see Chilbongie throw an off pitch and sigh in frustration. Aww. Najung hops out of a taxi and RUNS all the way to the stadium - SO SWEET. How much effort she's going to, to hold her promise and the belief that there is a losing jinx if a girl doesn't come and cheer LOL. She gets to the stadium and sees the scoreboard. She scoffs perhaps saying she didn't need to come afterall and leaves pretty soon after. I *ASSUME* Chilbongie's team won as they're in the locker room cheering. Chilbongie is all broody and poor little puppy - he goes to put his baseball cap on but then looks down and GAHHHHHHH. Najung's picture is tucked inside :'( OMG MY FEELZ. MY HEART. He stares at it and smiles <3 He has his good luck charm ermahgawddddd.- Again we get another scene of Najung cross-eyed staring at the magic eye book AND talking to Chilbongie hehe. This time she does call him Bong-ah again <3 OMG THESE TWO. I remember her complaining him threatening her with the losing jinx. We cut to Chilbongie at a payphone on the streets, slightly hitting his head against the booth in frustration. Methinks it's another failed attempt at a confession. AWWWW MY SWEET LITTLE PUPPY. He then goes and sits on a bench in an empty park in the dark all on his lonesome ... and I'm weeping :'( Why does everything this boy do just make my heart bleed? Chilbongie is also narrating at this time. - That's also the last scene before they cut to 2002 wedding. SCP is the officiator LOLOL. I know they made him because he's the only one of the five definitely out of the running for Najung's husband but how much would I love it if he's officiating cause Chilbongie (despite being a troll) actually does grow to have a really awesome friendship with SCP LOL. - PREVIEW!!!! OMGGGGGGG. Chilbongie jumps into the water to save someone. It's also that "Are you a fool?" scene near the bus that we've seen in Ep 0. BUT this time the preview shows him saying "I like you" hehehehehe FINALLY. I knew our Chilbongie wouldn't hold back for too long - don't ever say he wasn't assertive :) Also I'm freaking out about Najung's narration in the preview. Credits to Blue Electric Ground blog for the trans. 

"Na-jeong’s narration: First love. And being twenty years old. Like our unexpected first kiss…

Chilbong: Are you stupid?

Na-jeong’s narration: …our unpredictable love…

Chilbong: I like you.

Na-jeong’s narration: … was starting like that."

cr: http://belectricground.com/2013/11/15/preview-for-episode-10-of-answer-me-1994/

IS SHE REFERRING TO HER AND CHILBONGIE????? Because they had an unexpected first kiss???? And because they were cutting to Chilbongie's confession in between her narration??? ERMAHGAWD I CANNOT BREATHE.
201311152208461210_1.jpg
http://news.nate.com/view/20131115n35624

Guest 8001spring

PBJayism said:Chilbongie is also narrating at this time. - That's also the last scene before they cut to 2002 wedding. SCP is the officiator LOLOL. I know they made him because he's the only one of the five definitely out of the running for Najung's husband but how much would I love it if he's officiating cause Chilbongie (despite being a troll) actually does grow to have a really awesome friendship with SCP LOL. - PREVIEW!!!! OMGGGGGGG. Chilbongie jumps into the water to save someone. It's also that "Are you a fool?" scene near the bus that we've seen in Ep 0. BUT this time the preview shows him saying "I like you" hehehehehe FINALLY. I knew our Chilbongie wouldn't hold back for too long - don't ever say he wasn't assertive :) Also I'm freaking out about Najung's narration in the preview. Credits to Blue Electric Ground blog for the trans. 

"Na-jeong’s narration: First love. And being twenty years old. Like our unexpected first kiss…

Chilbong: Are you stupid?

Na-jeong’s narration: …our unpredictable love…

Chilbong: I like you.

Na-jeong’s narration: … was starting like that."

cr: http://belectricground.com/2013/11/15/preview-for-episode-10-of-answer-me-1994/

IS SHE REFERRING TO HER AND CHILBONGIE????? Because they had an unexpected first kiss???? And because they were cutting to Chilbongie's confession in between her narration??? ERMAHGAWD I CANNOT BREATHE.

@8001springHaitai and Najung scenes weren't in that 30 sec preview released on yt but they were in the full version aired after ep 9. He did carry her on his back after the protest went wrong and then was sitting there watching her.I don't know the timeline is all sketchy and it may be two separate incidents ... because Najung is lying down asleep when Chilbongie joins her shivering and all wet after what I believe is the scene where he jumps into the water. I don't know if it's Najung that Chilbongie had to save from the water or someone else. 

Gahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh, I knew I couldn't stay away from spoilers for that long. -__- I will try to make an effort to wait for tomorrow's episode to be fully subbed since we'll have to wait another five agonizing days for the next installment. This show is really testing my patience.  [-(
@PBJayism thanks so much for the Chilbong recap scenes <3 I tried to watch the raw and skip to the Chilbong scenes to get my feelz out of the way so I can shift my focus on the non-shippy parts during the second watch. But it was too much trouble so I stopped and decided that I'll just watch in its whole entirety once English subs are out.
It could be just delusion speaking but I'm just becoming more and more convinced that they are endgame. The writers are teasing us with so much Chilbongie in the 2013 scenes that if it really ends up not being him, well they win all the awards for Biggest Trolls of Kdramas 2013. They did give us some Oppa/Na Jeong interaction in the previous episode but it could have been there to throw us off the scent. Going off of 1997, if you were to go back to and re-watch all those scenes, most of the clues point to Yoon Jae rather than Tae Woong. I just find it fishy just how much husband vibes Chilbong is giving off for someone who is NOT the husband. Like those extra seconds of the camera panning to him walking all the way into the master bedroom. It seems like the writers are putting in so much effort to make us believe that Chilbong is the husband that maybe we are just thinking too hard about this and he really is the husband. 
I also think that maybe SCP and CB develop a bromance of sorts. Why else would Chilbongie be such an a** to him? AHahah! Which would pave the way for SCP being the officiator at his wedding. Although I kind of wish it was Hai Tai since he's so 5ever alone at the moment.
Speaking of Hai Tai, just when I'd confidently crossed him off the hubby list, he seems to be coming outta nowhere in that episode 10 preview and feeling a lil sumthin sumthin for his chingu. But so far it's been a 2-way race between Chilbong and Oppa that there's no way the writers will go there...right? I would be a little irked if they add a leg to the already complicated love triangle though. I just want my platonic boy-girl friendship, okay show? Can I at least have that? 
And Mi-soo doesn't really bother me. I wouldn't blame her either if she did have a crush on resident baseball hottie cuz I mean, who wouldn't? It's just a little annoying that some people feel the need to pair Chilbongie off any girl who just so much as looks at him just to feel secure about Trash being the husband. And the whole rebound plot device is just not a good look in general. 
And yes, I automatically zeroed in on Na Jeong's narration inter-cut with Chilbong's scenes. God these writers are trolling so hard. But she HAS to be talking about Chilbong right? Unless she's referring to the bite-kiss with Oppa? Or *gasp* another kiss where she's actually not drunk this time (lolol)? Also, the way she says it is similar to how Chilbong says  "And my, and our, summer was starting to begin." at the end of episode 7. Am I reaching? They're so OTP it hurts. Show, stop trolling me please!
I'll have more thoughts after my second watch but just wanted to say that FREAKIN' FINALLY Chilbongie confesses! And oh man, the angst is already a-brewin, I am so ready for this. 
330x182px-LL-7dc6c095_micheal-jackson-ea

HULLLLLLLL. Apparently the green magic eye image he chose for Najung is supposed to reveal L.O.V.E T.T T.T T.TTHEY ARE SO ENDGAME IT ACTUALLY PAINS ME. 
I think that's what I'm going to be most butthurt over if he doesn't turn out to be the husband - how and will they be able to explain Chilbongie's behaviour in 2013 as non-husband-like?

PBJayism

said: HULLLLLLLL. Apparently the green magic eye image he chose for Najung is supposed to reveal L.O.V.E T.T T.T T.TTHEY ARE SO ENDGAME IT ACTUALLY PAINS ME. 

I think that's what I'm going to be most butthurt over if he doesn't turn out to be the husband - how and will they be able to explain Chilbongie's behaviour in 2013 as non-husband-like?

Trust them to bring out the big guns in the last episode of the week -_- 
Yeh on replay the girl he lies down next to doesn't look like Najung ... but Yoonjin was standing next to him before he ran into the ocean .. so the timeline is all over the place ... ahhhh .. the wait is going to be torturous. 
Anticipating the eng subs because I want to know what he and Binggrae talked about!! 
EDIT;w7h4.jpg
cr: dc
PHWOARRR BABY GOT BACK.  ^:)

Guest cygnus109

@candid59 Exactly! I'm not sure that Chilbong's the endgame, but I'm convinced he is, because of where the story is going. All those years the couple needed before they got married, Oppa's side not being revealed yet (Instead of being revealed little by little, we get various hints that Oppa likes Najung, but we don't get why he won't act on it. It's seriously too draggy for my taste if they were the endgame) and Oppa leaving at the end of episode 10. If Oppa were to come back soon, it's possible Oppa is the end game, but if Oppa wouldn't, then it's so Chilbong can weave his butt in Najung's heart. The thing is, I'm so biased about this that I'm not sure if I'm fooling myself. 
 On the other hand... It's just that, I like a surprise every now and then, but I'd like it even more when all the pieces actually fall into place. So then, I thought that maybe the trolling part is on our part? Because my bias might not have anything to do with the vibes I'm getting and I'm assuming it's messing up my logic, when it actually doesn't. I'm seriously not trying to fight with anybody about this. I'm honestly berating myself if this is actually the case, since I rewatched all the episodes to watch out for all those clues, only to be trolled since everything I found out were inconclusive but mostly favored Chilbong. 
I seriously don't know what to think. 
About that issue of MiSoo. I'm so glad you're confident about it. Can you please share some of it with me for the sake of my sanity? :P I don't know what to think about her. She keeps on appearing! Now she could be some catalyst to Chilbong and Najung, but the stunt that the AM production pulled with Tae Woong had me eyeing MiSoo warily every time I see her on screen. 
@PBJayism Thanks so much for that fast recap and for the updates!

Discussion time post episode 9!
- What do you guys think of Binggrae brushing off Chilbongie? 
I, for one was frustrated, not only for the missed opportunity to see Chilbongie actually be truly engaged in his cousin's life, but that it also seems like I simply have to accept that as cousins they have drawn a line with what they confide and discuss with one another. I'm just greedy for bromances :( It also makes me think of Chilbongie as being withdrawn and reserved by nature - Najung just brings out these different sides to him (which is why I ship them.so.hard.)
- Is there any significance to how none of the boarders have yet to go see Chilbongie play? 
I LOVED LOVED BG/HT/SCP at the music festival. It warmed my heart and Haitai's passionate and unyielding support and belief just hit me in the heart. But when they interchanged those scenes with Chilbongie at the stadium ... it did make me whimper a little LOL. I appreciated that Najung was the one running to him this time around - even though the jinx reason was so flimsy LOL 
- Did anyone else notice the subtle changes in NJ/CB? 
She's opened up and become so much friendlier and more affectionate towards CB :) And I really am starting to convince myself to just trust that they're endgame. More and more - she is becoming his link to the boarding house and the fact that we've still yet to see any meaningful connections with the others ... it'll take a lot to convince me that a guy like CB would still stick around these guys as if they're besties .. in 2013 if he and NJ didn't end up together. 
- Any symbolism behind the fact that his confession was in the form of the magic eye puzzle - something that everyone else (including Oppa) could see but Najung couldn't? 
- And finally, and some of us did mention this, where do you think this narrative is heading? 
I personally think that by episodes 12-14, we'll know where they want to go in terms of the husband. It's the conspiracy theorist in me but I do believe that NJ/CB were endgame and it was due to the surprising popularity of JW/Oppa that the writers/PD have backtracked and started trolling and saying they may change the husband hahaha. If they had intended an Oppa/NJ endgame from the start, there's no need for them to say the husband might change since majority of Korean viewers are Oppa shippers and would be happy with that. Anyway, as for what I think will happen. I *want* to say that Oppa "rejects" NJ next ep and then leaves to give them both time and space. And during that time she and Chilbongie fall in love so that when Oppa comes back, she's too far committed to Chilbongie but nonetheless will have to face the dilemma of being at a crossroads - and chooses Chilbongie ;) 

Guest jongfucius

@pbjayism Prior to the premiere, I read an article that Dramabeans had reported, titled "Go Ara and Yoo Yeon Seok to headline Answer Me 1994" which lead me to believe they were our OTP. Then I saw how much focus Oppa and Na-jung had in the first few episodes and my heart kind of sank as well as my confidence... up until Chilbongie began making more appearances both in the 1994 timeline as well as 2013. He's been giving off such an husband-like aura that it convinces me he's the husband, but then the writers may just as well be pulling at our legs. 
I'm hoping that the writers will do something a bit different with the love triangle in Reply 1994 as opposed to sticking to the same old "childhood lovers" (or w/e you want to call it) trope they did in Reply 1997. I know there have been comparisons made between our love trio, and many people believe that Oppa/NJ = YJ/SW but I think this time around it's going to be CB/NJ = YJ/SW. How amazing and refreshing would it be to see our "second-lead" take the cake home? Chilbongie may seem like he's the second-lead but how do we know he's not just a second-lead in disguise? OoOOOoooOh. What a twist! 
I wouldn't be too surprised if NJ/CB were the initial pairing but were changed due to Jung-woo's immense rise to popularity, which I hope isn't the case! Can you imagine how much backlash the writers/PD are going to face when the husband mystery is revealed? I'll probably be saddened if Chilbongie isn't the husband but I'll also be happy that Na-jung will be with someone as great as Oppa as well ~ 

Archived