Yoo Yeon Seok 유연석 (Upcoming Drama 2021 : Hospital Playlist S2)

kokodus

Guest JunnieZa

@candid59  @PDJayismRandom thoughts...Maybe the bus ride was her rushing to see Chilbong once she hear of the incident? And the sitting at the back of the ambulance was her finally realizing how important Chilbong is?

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@candid59 BWAHAHA I try my best to be eloquent and articulate but sometimes (and it's become far too frequent already with Chilbongie and this drama) all that needs to be said is best said in fangirly squeals, whale noises and flailing :P OMG. Both you and @Junnie HAVE HIT A GOLD MINE. HOMONA. THE FEELZ IF THAT'S WHAT WILL HAPPEN. I don't think my body or heart will be ready if ever this is the scenario they'll take.Gurlllll - I LOVE Oppa/Binggrae - in whatever shape or form. I just LUFF THEM. (I don't think Oppa or Binggrae are gay ... it's just ... I love bromances *sniff*) 
I am far too invested in this for it to be considered normal :P
EDIT Also how awesome was javabeans' commentary on Ep 10. Methinks someone is a Chilbongie shipper as well LOLOL
EDIT 2 LOL dc fans are so cute (and observant). Just a random scene of Chilbongie and Najeong drinking their beer in sync HAHAHAHA. 
379t.png
br9p.png
cr: dc

Guest Onie Tadlas

New fan of Yoo Yeon-Seok here! I am not a Chilbong-NaJung shipper, but I really like him as an actor.He's really good and very versatile (He played a jerk in A Werewolf Boy, and he had a role in Archi 101 too).I am happy for the attention he's receiving right now because of Reply 1994! 
I read a transcript of an interview before between the audience and the 'A Werewolf Boy' cast & director.He said in the beginning that he hopes the audience would ask him questions.But unfortunately, the audience were only asking the director and his co-star Park Bo Young.In the end, he just admitted that since he won't be getting any questionsfrom the audience, he will just share/say something. :'(
I hope he will continue toget the attention & recognition he deserves as an actor. Yoo Yeon Seok hwaiting! :D

@sukaiburu WELCOME!! I LOVE that you're a fan of the actor himself haha. Sorry if this thread seems it's just purely all Chilbongie-Najeong discussion. I guess we've just been caught up in his current role :) 
I do marvel at just how dynamic he is, in being able to play such hateful characters and yet be so utterly sweet and charming as Chilbongie. Are you currently watching Answer me 1994?Yes, I have realised in my pursuit of all things Yoo Yeon Seok that while he has had roles in quite a number of popular and prominent projects - he hasn't yet carved a name for himself and wouldn't be considered a "well-known" actor. Reply 1994 seems to be giving him that opportunity to really shine and headline - recognition and acknowledgment that is well deserved. I hope that he can walk away from this amazing drama with plenty of opportunities and offers on the other side waiting for him :) 

Cuz I dun' like seeing Chilbongie sad :( So have some pouty Bong-ah instead!
tumblr_mwfi0yI68d1r1tfxio2_r1_400.gif
tumblr_mwfi0yI68d1r1tfxio1_400.gif
cr: hungrymisa.tumblr.com
Sup @sukaiburu ! Haha I too will have to apologize for contributing in the the Chilbong takeover that has taken place in this thread. But it's just also a testament to Yeon Seok's acting ability that his portrayal of Chilbong can induce us to be such loquacious but also eloquent fangirly messes. I hope we don't scare you LOL! But on a serious note, it's kind of amazing how there is a discernible difference between 20 year old Chilbongie and 39 year old Chilbongie, despite the brief scenes we get of him in the 2013 scenes. Where 20 year old Chilbongie was very sheepish, 39 year-old Chilbongie just exudes a sexy kind of confidence from just the way he sits (and I'm just dying to know how he got to that point. And if Na Jeong is his wife, hot damn she's one lucky woman indeed. Someone's been very busy with 3 kids...yes, I'm getting way too ahead of myself. Ahem.) Great directing and writing notwithstanding, I don't think Chilbongie would be such the lovable character that he is if it weren't for Yeon Seok's own winning charm as an actor.
I really do want to watch his other projects but I don't think I'm ready to hate him just yet! :P 
@PBJayism baha I just LOVE that both javabeans and girlfriday are such Chilbong fangirls. I've been reading dramabeans recaps for a long time so it makes me happy because I must be doing things right if those recap queens are cheering for the same team as I am. 
There have unavoidably been comparisons made between Reply 1997 and Reply 1994, particularly between the respective lovelines and characters. A lot of people liken Oppa and Na Jeong to Yoon Jae and Shi Won because of the whole childhood friends story and just more shared history. But in these last two episodes in particular, I found a lot of similarities between Yoon Jae and Chilbong that it made me hopeful that Chilbong will also get his happy ending.
The scenes that reminded me of Yoon Jae in particular were the confession scene and the scene before Chilbong tries to leave for Seoul on his lonesome. In the latter, the way Chilbong just scooted closer to Na Jeong was so reminiscent of Yoon Jae studying Shi Won's face and laying his head down next to hers while she slept (on his hospital bed lolol). Aww at these boys and their stolen moments. :(
When I watched the confession scene, I had flashbacks of Yoon Jae's confession because although they were finally confessing, they both sounded so defeated and resigned that their love is one-sided and it just made my heart break all over again. 
Ugh at the show parallels. On that same note, I just need Song Sam Dong from Dream High to tell Chilbongie that "It gets better." :P
ETA: ALSO ALSO on another random note, if Chilbong is the husband, and if I'm already going crazy from just those 2 chaste kisses, imagine what the real kisses are gonna be like since 1997 had some really nice kisses. So much potential sexual chemistry between these two already that I just NEED Chilbong to be the husband if only to see those scenes. And yep, I am totally aware of how perverted that sounds. At least Yoon Jin will understand me. ;)

Guest 8001spring

Credit: @leslie_lei over at Reply 1994 Soompiimage

jongfucius

said:

Found this video while searching for a particular song I had heard on the show, and what a coincidence... Yoo Yeon-seok starred in what I'm assuming is the MV for this song :) 

Guest cygnus109

PBJayism

said:

For me, part of Chilbongie's appeal is his passion and professionalism when it comes to baseball. I squealed, swooned and then fist-pumped when he said a true ace doesn't rely on jinxes/luck but skill and talent. He's worked hard to cultivate his innate talent and that passion and pride in his pitcher skills is a large part of who he is. I don't think I'd ever truly reconcile with the possibility of Chilbongie parting ways with baseball by choice. 

Guest JunnieZa

cygnus109 said: candid59 said:ETA: ALSO ALSO on another random note, if Chilbong is the husband, and if I'm already going crazy from just those 2 chaste kisses, imagine what the real kisses are gonna be like since 1997 had some really nice kisses. So much potential sexual chemistry between these two already that I just NEED Chilbong to be the husband if only to see those scenes. And yep, I am totally aware of how perverted that sounds. At least Yoon Jin will understand me. ;)

OMG. THAT VOGUE PHOTO OF THE TWO OF THEM. HOW sexy is our OTP  ^:)^ ^:)^ Ahhhh. Feelz. My bias is also showing but imo when baseball player said the groom and bride looked similar, I just thought of how white/pale Chilbongie and Najeong both were HAHAHA. 

So I'm not the only one who noticed how different Chilbongie (and the rest of our gang) are in 2013. It's especially noticeable with Chilbongie though and I attribute that both to my eternal bias (and inherent hawk-eye vision when he graces the screen) and the subtle bias in how much he appears in 2013 LOLThere are hints of his snark even in 1994 innocent Chilbongie - and I definitely smiled when 2013 Chilbongie said that they'll just pour soju into the jar again, dad will never notice LOLOL. That boy will always be just a little cheeky aye. 
He's definitely working the sexy charisma and RAWR does 39 y.o Chilbongie have a bit of edge to him. My main wish is to see married couple NaJeong and Chilbongie kiss after all their guests leave PUAHAHAH. OTL OTL so perverted. But yes, I definitely hope for some proper kiss scenes in the future - so far the two pecks initiated by Chilbongie have been sweet and chaste ... but it's not enough for this fangirl LOL

Guest cygnus109

PBJayism

said:

So I'm not the only one who noticed how different Chilbongie (and the rest of our gang) are in 2013.

It's especially noticeable with Chilbongie though

and I attribute that both to my eternal bias (and inherent hawk-eye vision when he graces the screen) and the subtle bias in how much he appears in 2013 LOLThere are hints of his snark even in 1994 innocent Chilbongie - and I definitely smiled when 2013 Chilbongie said that they'll just pour soju into the jar again, dad will never notice LOLOL. That boy will always be just a little cheeky aye. 

He's definitely working the sexy charisma and RAWR does 39 y.o Chilbongie have a bit of edge to him. My main wish is to see married couple NaJeong and Chilbongie kiss after all their guests leave PUAHAHAH. OTL OTL so perverted. But yes, I definitely hope for some proper kiss scenes in the future - so far the two pecks initiated by Chilbongie have been sweet and chaste ... but it's not enough for this fangirl LOL

Guest cygnus109

Junnie said: Sorry for cutting your post.. Just want to say ME TOO!!! I rewatched (many many times) NJ/CB and SCP/YJ scenes for ep 9 & 10. 

Is there any news on YYS giving out free hugs since ratings peaked at 10%?

Guest JunnieZa

@cygnus109
Yeah... Planning to go there in Jan. Am trying to 'convince' my friends to go in Dec... Maybe there is a chance to check out YYS free hug event... SQUEEL!!!! 
The winning ball scene was the killer!!! I showed that scene to a friend and after watching it, she is in CB/NJ ship... This wordless scene has the best impact... 

In an effort to balance out the Chilbong stuff, I did some digging of my own to find out more about the actor behind the lovable boy that has stolen all of our hearts. :D
Here's a video of Yeon Seok on a show called "Strong Heart". The descriptions says that he talks about the time he gets scolded but seeing as I'm not Korean, I can't translate what they're saying. If anyone who can understand Korean can help out, that would be much appreciated! But I watched the beginning and it seems like he talks about his role in the movie Introduction to Architecture 101 in which he plays the love rival of the main lead. They place a clip of a scene he's in where he's with the heroine and tries to take advantage of her drunken state by going in for a kiss (but LOLOL the heroine, played by Suzy, still manages to turn away). And as this scene is played there's a little corner shot showing Yeon Seok's reaction and you can hear the host going  "Nooooo!!!! Noo!!!!!" in the background and Yeon Seok looks so embarrassed and has his hands covering his ears and it''s sooo adorable.
More clips from the show

At another show (I really wish i could speak/Korean so I could be more descriptive than that lol)

At the Gu Family Book press conference

Bahah Yeon Seok in all his afro-ed glory talking about the CF he did which @8001spring posted the link to on pg 1)

BTS pics of Chilbong saving the drunk ajjushi (omo omo at the right top pic. there can never be enough shirtless Chilbong/YYS pics for me :P)1384760935-92.jpg
Source
Anyways, like I've mentioned before, I can't believe I didn't recognize him as the arrogant rich guy in Arch 101 and yet he is stealing my heart in Reply 1994. And to think that they auditioned hundreds for the role, I can't imagine any other actor (and wouldn't want to!) playing uri Kim Jae JoonChilbongie. :x

Guest jongfucius

@candid59 in regards to the Strong Heart clip, Yoo Yeon-seok explained that he had garnered a lot of hate for his character in Architecture 101 due to that scene (shown above). Suzy is the sweetheart of every man in Korea and to see Yoo Yeon-seok's character attempting to take advantage of a drunken Suzy (more so than her character) really offended and angered the audience.  The MC's of Strong Heart were taking a jab at him as well lolol our poor Yeon-seok. 
Here are several articles concerning this hilarious topic: 1, 2, 3, 4
EDIT: Yoo Yeon-seok kind of talked about it here as well in this interview and even turned it into a joke during his "A Werewolf Boy" press con here XDDD

Guest futterblies

Yoo Yeon-seok has them lean, not-so-obvious abs. I hope the writers would show us more of those abs.

I don't know if NJ will end up with CB or not. But I hope the writer include scenes to portray how raw first love can be. How a person can fearlessly love someone else, give them their all. And how much that can backfire cause not ever first love end up working out. It's cute/dreamy to marry your childhood sweetheart (like SW and YJ) but most of the time, it doesn't work out.

Furthermore, if it was CB that got together with NJ, I'll be disappointed at how quickly she changed shipped from basketball to baseball. What happened to her love for lee sang min?

But that is just me, and my one opinion.

Guest cygnus109

@Junnie  :x If possible, please do share pics of YYS. :D
jongfucius said: @candid59 in regards to the Strong Heart clip, Yoo Yeon-seok explained that he had garnered a lot of hate for his character in Architecture 101 due to that scene (shown above). Suzy is the sweetheart of every man in Korea and to see Yoo Yeon-seok's character attempting to take advantage of a drunken Suzy (more so than her character) really offended and angered the audience.  The MC's of Strong Heart were taking a jab at him as well lolol our poor Yeon-seok. 

@cygnus109 I am actually curious about how YYS's character is being received by the S. Korean audiences as well. From what I've observed, there seems to be an overwhelming majority of international fans who are Team Chilbong (and by international fans I mean Tumblr and Viki users XD) and yet Jung Woo and Kim Sung Kyun appear to be very popular among the national audience. Which is understandable considering they're much more seasoned actors. Although admittedly, I've never heard of the latter and I've only seen the former in You're the Best, Lee Soon Shin in which he played a lovable ex-gangster who baked bread and was actually one of the very few highlights of that show for me. There is no doubt that they're very talented actors and are very much deserving of all the praise. But it worries me that Jung Woo's popularity might influence Chilbong's fate in the show. It sounds irrational but it's not entirely unjustified. I'd like to believe that the writers will not change their intended ending to cater to the audience's wishes but I still can't get rid of this niggling feeling in the back of my mind that there's a small chance it could happen. Also, this is YYS's first time headlining a drama and I really hope his character gets the ending he deserves and not based on how well-received he is with the audience. :(
I worry more about this show than I should lol. But I just need Chilbong to get his happy ending with Na Jeong so bad! I feel like Omma Il Hwa in 1997 who incessantly called the writer of the drama they were watching in the cancer ward with a desperate wish for the characters to have a happy ending. 
Oh and thanks @jongfucious (you have such a cool username btw!) for the explanation! Aww it seems like YYS's characters just can't catch a break! I need Chilbongie to break out of that mold! :P

Guest cygnus109

@candid59 I've actually watched Jung Woo in You're the Best, Lee Soon Shin, too. I liked his scenes with Soon Shin's niece there and he was so hilarious. He deserves being acknowledged as an actor.
Your worries about the ending is not unfounded. I'm worried, too. I've heard Park Shi Hoo once stole the happy ending in Queen of Housewives since he was so popular then. I'd like to think that there are a lot of YYS' fans out there to decrease the possibility of that in AM1994 and I'd like to be assured by what PD-nim said - that they're only experiencing Jung Woo's popularity and that it won't affect the story at all. But even though I try to think of those things, I still feel wary about the ending. I must admit that all these worries might be hilarious for some, since we're worried about a change in the ending, when we don't know the original ending in the first place. (Btw, I'm not judging Park Shi Hoo fans here. I used to like him, too.)
And lol about you comparing yourself to the Il Hwa scene. Should we try to call the writer non-stop, too? It would be great if we are in different parts of the world, so that when you're sleeping, I would be the one to nag her and vice versa. Good luck with writer-nim sleeping. Lol.

Guest Onie Tadlas

@PBJayism @candid59 @cygnus109Thanks for the welcome!I am alright with all the Chilbongie-Najeong love in here. If I were a shipper of that pairing I would be spazzing in this forum too, hehe. :P
Yes I am watching Reply 1994 though I am 4 episodes behind already. :(I will be catching up with all of you as soon as possible and I might just become a Chilbong-Najung shipper too! :P
When I watched him in 'A Werewolf Boy' I really hated his character. But he played it so well that I was so surprisedwith his character as Chilbong! I never thought he could be that gentle and adorable! Hehehe. I also hope some Korean audiencewill get over his character in Archi 101. I heard he got a lot of hate because of that. :'(
I will also try to watch his other movies (I really do some sort of a movie marathon when I have a new favorite actor, hehe). And if you have seen the popular cult Korean film 'Oldboy', I just read that he played a smallpart there and fortunately I remembered his part though he did not get my attention (he played the younger counterpart of the villain).
I hope I could catch up with all of you on Reply 1994, I feel like I'm missing a party! Hehe.I will try to watch the recent episodes as soon as possible! :D

Archived