♣ Young Do x Rachel (Kim Woo Bin & Kim Ji Won) ♣

RanP

yea, tbh i'm not that interested in the main otp story or anyone else for that matter, i only read the recap for ep11 and feel like there's no progress in the story so it's not like i missed anything ^^, guess i'm just gonna stay on my ship and wait lol

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CtyNg11

mystisith said: spiritedaway13 said: I think I am going to drop this show and just read the recaps for moments between them. I don't really care enough to watch it except for chan young and bona. But now that it seems yd/r isn't happening it seems a pointless.

Maybe that WAS NOT the part they fall for each other but there WILL be a part where they do in the future! :D Well, I hope that's what KES intends to do. I'm really tired of KT and ES's story. I mean, really, it's not that interesting anymore since we know they already like each other. I'm not trying to bash or anything though, just stating the fact.

Can I take refuge here? In the main "Heirs" thread, it's a battle about the Tan-Eunsang-Youngdo triangle, which I find the least interesting part of the show. At this point, if I had to pick a side to the love triangle, it would be Tan-Youngdo, because I find it ridiculous that either of them would like Eunsang, when she has shown nothing attractive about her since she returned to Korea. The love triangle is only a concern to me because it affects Rachel. I'm pretty frustrated that she's the designated villain, and while she has got attitude problems, it really is no wonder: she's constantly being given the short end of the stick and treated as a third wheel, when in fact it's Eunsang who's the third wheel. (She's the fiancee. Kim Tan agreed to the engagement. Hello??)Anyway, I have NEVER been a fan of the almost-siblings couples, and I've always felt that making a couple step-siblings is just a lazy way to create conflict, but Youngdo and Rachel just fit too well together to ignore. A real pity since I'm 99% sure they won't end up together. The way the drama is unfolding, it looks like every guy will pine after Candy girl Eunsang.

RanP

said:@purpose At this point tbh I still consider YD's feeling towards ES as a crush and the fact how his doing is driven 90% of times by KT. Remember when he asked her what her relationship with Rachel, with KT. I think deep down he wants to make thing right again with KT but he can't just simply do it straight away. I hope I don't have to see them fighting like just grown up kids for 10 more eps.  8-|

YD-ES is another usual bad boy treats good girl poorly then fall in love. we see it in almost every drama it's boooooring. I want for once both parties in my OTP stand on same level, they can make the most badass couple and rock my fandom world lol

Guest CtyNg11

unhskikr4ever said: Maybe that WAS NOT the part they fall for each other but there WILL be a part where they do in the future! :D Well, I hope that's what KES intends to do. I'm really tired of KT and ES's story. I mean, really, it's not that interesting anymore since we know they already like each other. I'm not trying to bash or anything though, just stating the fact.

Millie

said:

Can I take refuge here? In the main "Heirs" thread, it's a battle about the Tan-Eunsang-Youngdo triangle, which I find the least interesting part of the show. At this point, if I had to pick a side to the love triangle, it would be Tan-Youngdo, because I find it ridiculous that either of them would like Eunsang, when she has shown nothing attractive about her since she returned to Korea. The love triangle is only a concern to me because it affects Rachel. I'm pretty frustrated that she's the designated villain, and while she has got attitude problems, it really is no wonder: she's constantly being given the short end of the stick and treated as a third wheel, when in fact it's Eunsang who's the third wheel. (She's the fiancee. Kim Tan agreed to the engagement. Hello??)Anyway, I have NEVER been a fan of the almost-siblings couples, and I've always felt that making a couple step-siblings is just a lazy way to create conflict, but Youngdo and Rachel just fit too well together to ignore. A real pity since I'm 99% sure they won't end up together. The way the drama is unfolding, it looks like every guy will pine after Candy girl Eunsang.

RanP said: yea it's sad how the writer decides to go that way and ignores all potentials to make sthing different. I'm gonna think twice (or more) before watching any of this writer drama. Heirs is the perfect ex of a drama with all hype but no substance. I'd rather watch a cable drama with lesser known actors and writer but deliver more refreshing stories than this. Sometimes I wonder if i'm too old to get related to such candy character, now i only like the bold, confident sassy ones lol thankfully it's just a fictional drama, just hope no girls are gonna act candy thinking it's the only way someone will like her *rolls eyes*
Anyway, I'm still on the ship even if it sinks, i don't even know how to swim but i have faith and i'll float around just fine loll

I'm checking Rachel Yoo tag on tumblr and many fans have spoken up for this character, ^^http://elseei.tumblr.com/post/66669126993/rachel-yoo-as-to-why-she-is-such-a-richard simmons-to-eun-sang
http://elseei.tumblr.com/post/66957375635/rachel-yoo-looking-for-a-constant
http://dramatically-crying.tumblr.com/post/66954118932/why-do-you-like-rachel-so-much-shes-just-a-basic
I also added minehttp://mmeuh.tumblr.com/post/66959405774/why-do-you-like-rachel-so-much-shes-just-a-basic

Okay, the "Youngdo is too good for Rachel" comment, I can take as YMMV, but the "no one in the show is good enough" just makes it obvious that it's a Youngdo fan with blinders and I just ROFLMAO.
Bless all those posts. I might have to return to Tumblr after all.

Guest spiritedaway13

I just feel like this show has overall been a HUGE waste of talent. All of the actors are good and we havent been able to see a lot of growth from their characters with the exception of yd who we are seeing change. I just ughh so frustrated. I really hope they at least redeem tan bc he's a lil weirdo and tell us more about what happened with yd's mom and rAchels dad. Oh and could they make eun sang more interesting? She has to be the most boring female lead I have ever seen OMG

Guest Aoi_Sakai

love reading your all comments <3 , can't agree more , kim ji won & kim woo bin & such talented actor & actress but get bashed b/c of their characters 

Kim Ji Won is so lovely off-camera 
tumblr_mwa9drjgmQ1smy97qo4_500.pngtumblr_mwa9drjgmQ1smy97qo1_500.jpg
tumblr_mw71g5v79C1rix52jo1_400.jpg

Guest IguanaSoap

spiritedaway13 said: I just feel like this show has overall been a HUGE waste of talent. All of the actors are good and we havent been able to see a lot of growth from their characters with the exception of yd who we are seeing change. I just ughh so frustrated. I really hope they at least redeem tan bc he's a lil weirdo and tell us more about what happened with yd's mom and rAchels dad. Oh and could they make eun sang more interesting? She has to be the most boring female lead I have ever seen OMG

Millie said:The drama is a waste of LMH and PSH, honestly. KWB is still charismatic as usual, but that's all thanks to him, and not to the writing of the Youngdo character. You're totally right about the all hype, no substance.
The Candy girl character type should be buried and forgotten, it's hopelessly outdated and we need more strong girl characters who don't take crap--send a message to the girls of the world that they should learn to take care of themselves!
What really kills me is how strong females are usually presented as b*tches in dramas--just because they don't put up with being slighted, take revenge, and don't always have a kindly face for people? It's laughable that Eunsang is portrayed as pure little lamb, when she's well-aware that she's getting involved with an engaged guy.  [-( I just can't get behind how not doing the right thing is okay as long as you act innocent and put on a puppy-dog face. I'd push more than her suitcase if I found her sleeping at my fiance's house! I'm well aware of Rachel's meanness, but often it's more than a little deserved by her targets. Her interaction with Won does show that she is capable of being perfectly pleasant.

I'm with you though, sink the ship if they must, but I will scour the interwebs for fanworks to give me my YD-R fix! 

Archived