[Drama 2014] Can We Love 우리가 사랑할 수 있을까

jaiwook_08

*I also think that DY and JH shouldn't get together. If they do that would be very unfair to her husband and their children. If she leaves her husband to marry DY she would act selfishly. *I'm loving KS and JW relationship so far. They are funny to watch. They argue a lot though. I love it when KS teases JW.*I love Eugene's hairstyle. It suits her beautifully. She is very beautiful. I hope she never changes her hairstyle. *Choi Jung Yoon is an amazing actress. Her acting is so real. The way she cries, the way she talks, everything is so real and natural. These scenes touched me. Especially the first one.choi-jung-yoon-o.gif choi-jung-yoon-crying-o.gif

BTW; I just realized that the evil mother in law was Uhm Tae Woong's mother in Queen Seon Deok. Kyung Soo's assistant was also in Queen Seon Deok and Ji Hyun's brother was UTW's friend in Equator Man.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nedenuleyn

In The Problematic of the Unproblematic: Can We Love? - Episode 3 (A BriefCap) they talked about the game KS, DY, JW and the assistant played. It was played in 1n2d. So Kyung Soo's "I'm not good at playing games" was actually a reference to Uhm Force in 1n2d. WOW. I had never thought of that. If that's the truth then I think it would be funnier if he kept losing.  =))

If Gyu Sik is faithful, love Ji Hyun and such as so far of what we, the audience has seen in the first four episodes then yes, she stay and continue to be that perfect housewife for him and try harder to forgive, forget and avoid Do Young! Also, she needs to let Gyu Sik know, confront him about how the mother-in-law look at her, treat her as a daughter-in-law when he's not around!

Due to all respect, being rightfully and with my own situation, a married woman with four children, I don't want to see Ji Hyun cheat, have an affair and such with Do Young but I sense there may be a twist and there's more to Gyu Sik than meets the eye! If not, that's awesome! So far, he seems like a nice man, husband!

And I agree with you on Choi Jung Yoon, @brokbsb! I'm truly captivated by her, her acting in here! I had only seen her once in episode one of Manny! Her character in there was bubbly and cute as a divorced single mother! I watched Phone but I don't remember her because she was only in one scene, shot!

Can anyone tell me why JH's daughter hates her? I'd rather her leave the situation.

I think Se Ra, Ji Hyun's daughter, she has her own problems and want to cope, solve it on her own! She think, believe she's a big girl, lady, mature enough to handle issues by herself! She don't want her mother to know, find out so she build, use pretty much anything as a form of discomfort, anger, irritation, hatred and guilt between them to make her mother stay away from her, her problems!

With four episodes, that's all I could concluded! There may be something else to make Se Ra behaving the way she is but it seem like she just want to be left alone in her own world with only herself minding her businesses!

It's kind of hard to read between the lines when things are just thrown out there!

ymiss said: If Gyu Sik is faithful, love Ji Hyun and such as so far of what we, the audience has seen in the first four episodes then yes, she stay and continue to be that perfect housewife for him and try harder to forgive, forget and avoid Do Young! Also, she needs to let Gyu Sik know, confront him about how the mother-in-law look at her, treat her as a daughter-in-law when he's not around! Due to all respect, being rightfully and with my own situation, a married woman with four children, I don't want to see Ji Hyun cheat, have an affair and such with Do Young but I sense there may be a twist and there's more to Gyu Sik than meets the eye! If not, that's awesome! So far, he seems like a nice man, husband! And I agree with you on Choi Jung Yoon, @brokbsb! I'm truly captivated by her, her acting in here! I had only seen her once in episode one of Manny! Her character in there was bubbly and cute as a divorced single mother! I watched Phone but I don't remember her because she was only in one scene, shot!

I don't think JH will speak up either, this has been going on for all those years they've been married, and it's probably seen as 'MIL-DIL bussiness no one else should meddle in'. Plus I imagine she'd be like Goddess of Marriage's MIL, if she complains and hubby comes to her defense, MIL will treat her even worse.
Well maybe we can hope MIL is hit by lightning :))
@ymiss I think you're right, look at the way she overreacted when her parents almost caught her looking up info about teen pregnancy.

@LdyGmerm,  He might have another  family one the MIL will approve of that's why the ill treatment of the DIL. MIL looks like to me she's doing everything to break this marriage. Also if he do have another woman that MIL approve of if they are divorce they will come and stay with the MIL. She seems upset that her Son isn't living with her anyway like they do in most Kdramas. Where the Son's family live with his Mom her MIL.  

Guest nedenuleyn

Eugene was an idol, wasn't she? BTW, I love how Eugene is dancing, "flirtious" in the first picture. Uhm Force seems to be singing a slow song while Eugene seems to be a dance song.

I agree with @loujaie about Sera, that's why she always runs to grandma coz she knows grandma will take her side and abuse JH. She thinks that would be the punishment for her mom's wrongdoing. As mother of teenage daughters, I still can't understand and accept Sera's behaviors. JH loves her and triesher best to get along with her. She can't use the grandma to punish her own mother. It's not like her mother abuses her or mistreats her. I don't know how JH could survive with so much stresses: daughter, MIL, ex-lover

Love, love, love Uhmforce. Rewatch his screens so many times and each time always has a huge smile on my face. So thankful that he's in the drama that I like to watch unlike Sword and Flower which of course I watched for him but find it's very difficult to enjoy aside from Umhforce's acting. So far, his character in this drama stays close to the dorky Uhmforce in 1n2d, so I don't have to turn the switch in my mind (between his true self and his acting) to enjoy the drama :)

Hello dear friends, I've been watching this drama since it's aired 2 weeks ago, yet just found this thread.
So far, I can't help but falling in love with this drama. My fave UTW quote up to E04: "I'm a good cook. Just slightly better cook than Jamie Oliver." ~ Bwahaha, I LOLed so hard and my mind was remembering 2D1N S2 cooking scene where he just poured salt after salt, then MSG after MSG until Jong Min stopped him... *ROTFL*  Oh my, my mind is clouded with the real him whenever he graces my monitor with his dorky-self. Love him so.

Guest coffeebeanie

I am loving this drama! I initially tuned in for Uhm Tae Woong and Eugene (with the intention of fast forwarding all the boring parts), but surprisingly I am liking everything! 
One thing that I don't understand though - why was Sera looking through her mom's tampons when she was pregnant? Was that just a necessary evil in the writing department for her to discover the cigarettes? 
Aside from that though, I think the writing and pacing is brilliant. I love how I think I know how things will turn out only to be pleasantly surprised. For example, I thought they'd drag out Jung Hwan's misunderstanding that Ahn likes her, but within a few minutes into the episode, that misunderstanding was cleared.  Love the fast pacing of the story. I hope it continues to be that way!

@GaeinaLee, hahaha, I always have to make reference w 1n2d when I watch UTW. His ability to cook well remind me of his msg special food, he saying I'm bad at game remind me dog feet time. Now, how I wish Cha Tae Hyun would cameo as a casting actor in Director Oh's movie. That would be perfect, the Tae-Tae brothers together again

coffeebeanie said:Aside from that though, I think the writing and pacing is brilliant. I love how I think I know how things will turn out only to be pleasantly surprised. For example, I thought they'd drag out Jung Hwan's misunderstanding that Ahn likes her, but within a few minutes into the episode, that misunderstanding was cleared.  Love the fast pacing of the story. I hope it continues to be that way!

bacom said: @GaeinaLee, hahaha, I always have to make reference w 1n2d when I watch UTW. His ability to cook well remind me of his msg special food, he saying I'm bad at game remind me dog feet time. Now, how I wish Cha Tae Hyun would cameo as a casting actor in Director Oh's movie. That would be perfect, the Tae-Tae brothers together again

bacom said: @GaeinaLee, hahaha, I always have to make reference w 1n2d when I watch UTW. His ability to cook well remind me of his msg special food, he saying I'm bad at game remind me dog feet time. Now, how I wish Cha Tae Hyun would cameo as a casting actor in Director Oh's movie. That would be perfect, the Tae-Tae brothers together again

Archived