Quantcast
sgsairl

[Variety] Grandpas over Flowers 꽃보다 할배

August 24: It's episode 9 the final episode tonight, right? :( Plus the director's cut, I suppose.. wished they had extended the trip since Seojinnie saved a lot from the initial budget. But obviously, everyone would have other schedules to fulfill in Korea. Good thing that this time all the Halbaes were able to travel together till the last day.

Hopefully, we can still watch one more trip with the 5 grandpas.. perhaps, somewhere closer to Korea. South East Asia, maybe. ^_^

It's not over until the end!

• Like 1

At the end of the final episode last week, 2 halbaes mentioned wanting to go to Cuba. Who knows.. by the year end, if everyone is up to it.. let's hope for another trip of the Flower Grandpas. :lol:

August 27, 2018

Elderly celebrities active on social media

By Park Jin-hai The Korea Times

6f0e4e3d073d459cbfbd24b02b5542c1.jpg

Comedian Lee Hong-ryul

Comedian Lee Hong-ryul, 64, launched his YouTube channel two months ago, posting short clips of his pet cat Furball. Although not as fashionable as those of young YouTube broadcasters, the channel telling the stories of the ailing 17-year-old Russian Blue enjoys warm responses from his fans. 

"I'm a cat, old and very very sick. Although I don't think it is time to say goodbye yet, my butler Lee is uneasy. Whenever he goes on a business trip, he tells me in all worries that I should not die alone," the cat says in his monologue in the subtitles and Lee whispers to him "Until I come back, stay strong and don't die."

In order to share the memories of his now dead pet cat, which suffered from oral cancer, the comedian launched the YouTube channel. It will tell the chronicles of the cat from birth to death. "With no proper broadcasting gear, I shot videos with my smartphone and have been editing and subtitling. As a newcomer to YouTube, it takes more than five hours for me to complete two-minute long video clips. It's my way of letting go of my cat." 

Before, social media was the playground for younger generations. But nowadays, more elderly are joining the new media. Along with Lee, veteran actor Shin Gu, 82, comedian Lee Kyung-kyu, 58, and other celebrities aged older than 50 and into their 80s have newly jumped into social media for various reasons. And young generations give support to their rather unpolished and clumsy clips. 

9bff45456b8d47c4bcb718451f4fe943.jpg

Actor Shin Gu // INSTAGRAM

Shin Gu joined Instagram earlier this year. The "Grandpas Over Flowers" star with 27,000 followers has been posting photos of his younger years and photos taken with other actors. Shin said he asked his film's promoter to help open his account in order to better communicate with his fans. "People say we are living in an era where communication (between different generations) has been cut off. I thought my Instagram account will give me more chances to communicate with younger generations. I heard the responses are not bad," the actor said during a media conference for his latest comedy film "Be-Bop-A-Lula."

The 58-year-old comedian Lee Kyung-kyu also joined Instagram in May and has been actively uploading his photos with funny titles, while 65-year-old trot singer Tae Jin-ah's Instagram is famous among young Wanna One fans since he posts the K-pop idols' photos often, as his agency is in the same building with Wanna One. 

Experts say it reflects the current trend where the usage of social media continues to increase in the elderly population aged 60 and older. According to a Korea Information Society Development Institute (KISDI) June survey on social media usage, the ratio of senior citizens using social media soared to 12.9 percent in 2017, from 5.1 percent in 2014. The time they spend on social media per day also rose to 60 minutes in 2017, from 35.8 minutes in 2014. "Notable is that the number of seniors using Instagram and Facebook is increasing now," said Kim Yoon-hwa, a researcher at KISDI. "Seniors comfortable using social media are fast catching up the social media trends of those in their 20s and 30s."

Opensurvey's data in its social media report revealed YouTube has been the most favored social media for those in their 40s and 50s. "More content that seniors can enjoy is what made YouTube the most popular social media platform among the elderly. Moreover, many seniors become creators to share their interests and knowhow as well," a YouTube official said.

jinhai@ktimes.com

• Like 1

On 11/2/2016 at 10:12 AM, Niel2804 said:

Hi There, seems more people asking for engsub video of GOF :)

here the Link ^^

Hide contents

GOF Season 2 : Spain

Spain Ep 1-2 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By9PqfMo-MzjQ2J1aG44NkJJQTA

Spain Ep 3-8 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By9PqfMo-MzjYmRvWW9sakJ5UnM

GOF Season 3 : Greece

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRlBmuIIlF4fSWPt6sHegEw

Klik the Show More in the description box under the Video to get the link ^^

For Season 1 i need to upload my video so it need a time XD

@Neil2804 Hi do you still have vid for ep 3 and 5 of GOF-spain? 

Thank you so much

Edited by qureishi05