[Variety] Grandpas over Flowers 꽃보다 할배

Grandpas over Flowers 꽃보다 할배 GoF-pic-01_zps099c459a.jpgThread Index

• For unmentioned credit, credit goes to: Owner of the linked page, or as stated on linked page
Dramabeans [*]DramaWiki [*]Soompi [*]Wikipedia --------•••-------- [back to index] Note:
    • All raw video cuts will be removed once English subbed video available.
Important! You may need password to watch/download some of the videos. If not mentioned on the desciption above, password is as stated on linked page. [*] Please notify me if:
    • Video/link is no longer available.
    • File corrupted/broken. I'm not promising alternative/solution/fix, but I'll try my best. TS Note:
      • The information provided in this post may not be 100% correct, please notify me if you found incorrect information.
      • Additional information (ex.: episode rating, download link, online video link, etc) would be very appreciated.
      • Last update: May 10, 2014.

Dramabeans' recap on Spain Trip episode 8.
New! Spain episode 8 for online watching at Hulu. Thank you,
sgsairl GoF-pic-08_zpsd9a3db21.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the links.

I can't wait to watch all the episodes.

The grandpas are really adorable and Seo Jin's mental breakdown. I sometimes feel bad for him.

Combined with Na PD and the crew who don't fail to tease him.

The cast and crews are really entertaining.

• 1 month later...

so finally mineememe released eng sub for Ep. 6 . the last time was ep. 5. i knew, Hulu already made eng sub until ep.10 but not everyone in here could watch hulu , so here it is the link for eng sub of ep. 6 for you who can not watch in hulu :
http://www.mineememe.blogspot.com/2013/12/grandpas-over-flowers-episode-6-eng-sub.html

thanks and support to mineememe  and lets hope she could make eng sub for ep. 7 to 14. 
 :D

• 1 month later...

Lee Soon-jae courted for drama version of Grandpas Over Flowersby girlfriday | January 13, 2014LeeSoonJae1.jpg

Ha, you can never fault tvN for not knowing a good thing when it has one. The cable network is home to hit variety travel program Grandpas Over Flowers (starring halbae foursome Lee Soon-jae, Shin Gu, Park Geun-hyung, Baek Il-sub, and luggage boy Lee Seo-jin), and now they’re reportedly developing a drama for the spring based loosely on the halbae foursome concept. It’s being called both Flower Grandpa Investigation Unit andOppa Investigation Unit (I can’t tell which is funnier. They’re both cracking me up equally.) about a group of grumpy grandpa deliverymen who solve crimes on the side. HEE.TO read on: http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/01/lee-soon-jae-courted-for-drama-version-of-grandpas-over-flowers/

‘Grandpas Over Flowers’ goes overseas

Jan 14,2014Article.aspx?aid=29834280Cable channel tvN is planning to export its popular reality show “Grandpas Over Flowers” to China, according to CJ E&M yesterday. 

“Chinese media expects that not only the show’s amusing storyline but also the interaction among different generations and the old people’s new leisure life will appeal much to the Chinese viewers,” said the company, which operates tvN.

The show garnered much attention among local audiences because it decided to use “grandpas,” or veteran actors, and take them on backpacking trips overseas. The show first launched last year and has already aired two seasons, one on four grandpas who traveled to France and the other one on Taiwan. 

While the channel has not confirmed which Chinese channel will receive the show, the process is expected to go smoothly. TvN had previously made a similar sale using its other entertainment program, “Superstar K.”

The cable channel has also sold the copyright to produce China’s own version of a survival audition program to Hubei TV last year. 

CJ E&M said the Chinese version of the show recorded a 1.8 percent audience viewership rating, which is considered high. 

The company’s attempt to sell rights for its TV program came as part of its pledge to expand its global sales up to 15 percent of all sales by the end of this year. 

The channel is currently preparing to make the third season of “Grandpas” and has been researching other destinations. As soon as they decide on the country, the team will start filming early next month. 

By Jin Eunsoo [estyle@joongang.co.kr]

• 2 weeks later...

Grandpas Over Flowers heads to Spain for Season 3halbae_41.jpg

The halbaes are heading to Spain for their third trip, and they’ve got their departure date set for next month. All four halbaes will be returning (mat-hyungnim (mat-halbae?) Lee Soon-jae, jolly soju-lover Shin Gu, doting husband and smartphone addict Park Geun-hyung, and cantankerous maknae Baek Il-sub), not to mention Seo-jinnie, aka Seo Genie, aka Lee Seo-jin—at this point the series wouldn’t be complete without their beleaguered resident luggage boy.

I would have expected the show to go somewhere more obscure, but on the other hand, I don’t suppose anybody with the show speaks Spanish any better than they do French, and that trip was plenty entertaining. The reasons for choosing Spain include its temperate weather, a definite asset for its halbae cast, as well as having plentiful sights and culture to observe.

Plus, as we saw hinted at in the final episode of Noonas Over Flowers, Na PD is chock-full of devious ideas to keep the cast busy. Not that he isn’t full of respect for his elderly cast, of course. (The suffering mostly falls to the luggage boys, hehe. You wanna feel sorry for them, but it’s just too entertaining to wish for any less of that. Especially when Na PD gets to needling Seo-jin and Seung-gi in his hilariously gloaty way.)

Na PD stated in a recent interview that he’d been pretty worried about the show while planning the very first season of Grandpas, and had gone to see each halbae in turn to convince them to do the show. After seeing Soon-jae halbae first, he’d gone to Gu halbae armed with tons of PR materials to state his case. But Gu halbae cut him off right at the start and said, “If you make that program for us, I’ll get the chance to travel with Soon-jae hyung for the first time in fifty years.” That’s when Na PD’s worries fell to the wayside, and he decided that even if the show tanked, he would take the chance to guide the halbaes on their trip.

Of course, the show didn’t tank and now the production has traveled to France, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, and Croatia. I’ll be crossing my fingers that Spain will provide just as many laughs—and new twists to shake up the proceedings. The doesn’t yet have a premiere date, but it shouldn’t be too far behind its February travel dates.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/01/grandpas-over-flowers-heads-to-spain-for-season-3/

• 1 month later...

Seo-jin gets cookin’ for Grandpas Over Flowers in Spainby javabeans | March 4, 2014 halbaes2014_1.jpg
Reminding us that the show is only a few days from its premiere, we have new teasers and a poster out for tvN’s upcoming reality-variety show Grandpas Over Flowers: The Spain Trip. (I’m not totally certain how they’re counting “seasons” of this show with all the various trips and spin-offs going on — some places call this Season 2, having counted the France and Taiwan trips as two halves of one season, and others count this as Season 3. So we may just end up calling it Grandpas Over Flowers in Spain, or Grandpas in Spain to be concise about it. )

read on: http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/03/seo-jin-gets-cookin-for-grandpas-over-flowers-in-spain/

Archived