[Variety] Grandpas over Flowers 꽃보다 할배

Guest bacom

@czakhareina, thank you for the awesome fanpic about the Amercan version. Those foursomes are surely the staple of American film industry. I dream for that version, sending them to Asia and has Jackie Chan as their luggage boy haha....
Thank you @alzalya for the cute VJ screencap. Lol that Seo-jinnie hasn't been stressed out enough by the annoying younger bro Na PD, now he has his own VJ adding more to his trouble :))
@nikkisjs, we can spazz about GoF all we want here :) calling @bajing to join us?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@bacom true.. those four are like the four men I've known since I was a kid as I watched Hollywood movies... and it was pretty genius of some fans to make that fanpic!!! 

@nikkisjs me too, I am waiting for the recap from dramabeans...  Anyway read that the Chinese version of Grandpas over flowers will start alreadyI am a little skeptical of that version cause I know for sure that not all ideas/concept can be carried with same success. I've seen that happen to countless shows.. and I think it is most applicable with shows that Na PD handles. 1n2d!.. I think somehow Grandpas over flowers worked because other than it was awesome to see the 4 grandpas who are awsome actors. I think the more genius part is the in Punking of Seo JIn Oppa and I think that sadistic brand is uniquely Na Young Seok!!! So with the chinese version. will they have the same Na PD brand? where sometimes he becomes another character in the show... an important character in the show. that is..

PS: I am not sure if you guys are the same 1n2d fans like me, but if you are I think you guys already know about Sang Geun, HEREhuhuhuhu TT___TT. I am pretty sad right now. I wonder how Na PD and LSG feels.. or the rest of the 1n2d people feel... 

@czakhareina

I agree with you fully.

I think the main reason behind GOF's success is the cast n crew. And of course, Na PD's evil evil EVIL mind. Lol :D

I don't think any other show can keep up to GOF's level.

Sigh, i can't watch the episodes. Just depending on recaps and random raw clips.

I want eng subbed episodes and i've tried every possible method to download from hulu. It's impossible.

Desperation level is.....HIGH!

Yes, i did watch 1n2d, though i dropped it after LSG n Na PD left the show.

Aww, poor Sang Geun. RIP!

nikkisjs

said: @czakhareina I agree with you fully. I think the main reason behind GOF's success is the cast n crew. And of course, Na PD's evil evil EVIL mind. Lol

:D

I don't think any other show can keep up to GOF's level. Sigh, i can't watch the episodes. Just depending on recaps and random raw clips. I want eng subbed episodes and i've tried every possible method to download from hulu. It's impossible. Desperation level is.....HIGH! Yes, i did watch 1n2d, though i dropped it after LSG n Na PD left the show. Aww, poor Sang Geun. RIP!

Chinese ‘Grandpas’ in works

13191621.jpg

The Chinese version of “Grandpas over Flowers” will be filmed by Dragon Television, a cable network of the Shanghai Media Group, the tvN production team for the Korean show announced Wednesday at a press conference in Shanghai.

Media reports last month said that CJ E&M, which operates a multiple-cable network including tvN, had signed a contract with Shanghai 

Media Group to offer production consulting on a Chinese version of “Grandpas.”

“I am deeply honored that our show can be remade in China. To make the series successful, I’m sharing insights with the Chinese producer Li Wen Yu,” said producer Na Young-seok, who created the “Grandpas” series. 

“The Chinese version will be based on the original show from tvN, since China and Korea share many common values,” the Chinese producer added. “At the same time, we will also respect Chinese viewers’ preferences by putting in local aspects to the show.”

Chinese “Grandpas” will follow a similar narrative to the original, featuring four celebrity grandfathers and a young male character who will assist the seniors on their travels. 

The first season, to be filmed in Switzerland and France, will air in June.

By Kim Hee-eun, contributing writer | Korean JoongAng Daily

Guest bacom

I agree with all of you about the actraction of this show that no other remake can match. The main reason this show is so great is the brilliant tricking of their luggage boy :) Now the hilarious characteristic of reluctant, robbed-in Seo-jinnie is established with LSJ throughout the show that no other show can create it (even Noona over Flower) In addition, the amazing bickering chemistry between an annoying younger brother Na PD and the tortured hyung Seo-jinnie is also another factor of its unique attraction. I think the remakes could manage to find another great foursomes grandpas, but they couldn't remake the soul of the show by missing the two important factors above 

@czakhareina @bacom
LSJ's grouchy/grumpy yet humble did win them some brownie points.It's obvious Na PD has a comfortable hyung-dongseng relationship with LSJ where he knows he can play pranks and get away. No disrespect or grudges kept!With the noonas, Na PD was li'l less evil. Maybe coz of the noonas and he has always worked mostly with guys, not girls.
If the Chinese team are able to that kind of relation among themselves, maybe it'll work. At least in China.Who's in the Chinese cast, anyway? :|

@bacom @nikkisjsSOOOOoooooo AGREE!
Yeah, Na PD was less evil in Noonas, he is really putty when it comes to women..I mean in 1n2d, the actress special was easier compared to the actor special.. and though I know most of the actress compared to the actors, I think the actor special became one of my fave episodes in 1n2d, it was also there that Sung Dong Il and Kim JungTae came to my radar in must watch Kceleb!!

I don't think the 4 Halbaes in chinese version has been named yet, 
I am not as familiar with Chinese celebs as I am in korean but I do hope they get Antony Wong even though he is only 56.

Grandpas Over Flowers in Spain: Episode 6
by javabeans | April 15, 2014 EPISODE 6. Broadcast on April 11, 2014.

javabeans: Right off the bat as the episode starts, the halbaes and Seo-jin climb into the car to begin their day, only to have Na PD tell Seo-jin that they have to go to the police station. I love how Seo-jin sees the parking ticket on the car and is all, “Huh, okay” and just intends to go on with his day anyway, while Na PD is all, You must take care of this now, immediately.

girlfriday: Na PD asks someone else about the ticket, and gets told that if they don’t pay it now, it’ll be deducted from the credit card used to procure the rental car. Suddenly Na PD lights up. He practically skips back to the car and tells Seo-jinnie that he doesn’t have to pay it: “Only, if you don’t, a huge fine will be charged to your personal credit card that you used to get the rental car.” LOL.

Read more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/04/grandpas-over-flowers-in-spain-episode-6/

@czakhareina

I want Vic Zhou or Bolin Chen (He has crater dimples too!)

Unlikely both of them would agree. Heh! :D

Most probably they'll get some established actor like Andy Lau but the same con-joke? Nah, it would be totally copying Korean GoF!

Omg, Guen Hyung Halbae totally looks like Jang Dong Gun! :o

nikkisjs

said: @czakhareina I want Vic Zhou or Bolin Chen (He has crater dimples too!) Unlikely both of them would agree. Heh!

:D

Most probably they'll get some established actor like Andy Lau but the same con-joke? Nah, it would be totally copying Korean GoF! Omg, Guen Hyung Halbae totally looks like Jang Dong Gun!

:o

Archived