[Variety] Grandpas over Flowers 꽃보다 할배

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the final episode and I noticed NaPD (or his editor) really likes 60s French music. They keep interspersing pop music with Serge Gainsbourg, Françoise Hardy, France Gall and the like. I'm a fan of the genre so I approve heheheh.

Can I kindly ask somebody to translate the conversation bit about the Dubai Prince? Why was Jiwoo wincing? Also, I was waiting for them to talk even just briefly about Geunhyung halbae falling from the escalator but it didn't happen. I was a bit worried about that. Then I noticed, when was Seojinnie ever interested in souvenirs except during this trip?! All of a sudden he's pawing stuff from the gift shop just because Jiwoo was doing the same.

Lastly, I'm happiest for Ilseob halbae on this trip. I think very slowly he was experiencing growth from the last three years of travels, it just didn't dawn on him until this most recent one. He used to complain a lot but this time I don't even recall him being in discomfort and even Seojinnie mentioned not once did Ilseob halbae get mad during this trip. He was also genuinely happy, showing his appreciation, even taking pleasure in his surroundings and the experiences and just generally being very positive. He still had his physical limitations but he has learned to work with it and to voluntarily bow out of some outings if he knows he might be an inconvenience to the rest. To me that is real maturity and it goes to show no matter what age you are growth is possible as long as you are open to new experiences.

Guest stellarwinds

Did LSJ secretly paid the cotton candy and the seller give it to Jiwoo?

​Yes he did. LSJ noticed CJW is a bit disappointed or angry at him due to little argument at the restaurant. 

Then he found the cotton candy seller outside and paid one for her. But IL-SUB halbae appeared and he said "One more!"

CJW gave her cotton candy to him and LSJ had to buy another one.

Guest stellarwinds

Can I kindly ask somebody to translate the conversation bit about the Dubai Prince? Why was Jiwoo wincing? Also, I was waiting for them to talk even just briefly about Geunhyung halbae falling from the escalator but it didn't happen. I was a bit worried about that. Then I noticed, when was Seojinnie ever interested in souvenirs except during this trip?! All of a sudden he's pawing stuff from the gift shop just because Jiwoo was doing the same.

Lastly, I'm happiest for Ilseob halbae on this trip. I think very slowly he was experiencing growth from the last three years of travels, it just didn't dawn on him until this most recent one. He used to complain a lot but this time I don't even recall him being in discomfort and even Seojinnie mentioned not once did Ilseob halbae get mad during this trip. He was also genuinely happy, showing his appreciation, even taking pleasure in his surroundings and the experiences and just generally being very positive. He still had his physical limitations but he has learned to work with it and to voluntarily bow out of some outings if he knows he might be an inconvenience to the rest. To me that is real maturity and it goes to show no matter what age you are growth is possible as long as you are open to new experiences.

​Actually, the guy we know himself as the Dubai Prince was not a prince nor royal family. That happened because of misinterpretation between him and interpreter. He is just a staff of Dubai tourism organization. After the first episode was broadcasted, his facebook was terrored by lots of mean comments like "Are you pretending yourself as a Prince of Dubai?", "You are not our prince!" Na PD corrected his position and apologized about that.

LSJ was interested in kitchen stuff at the souvenir shop. He said "Now I even get interested in this kind of stuff" Basically, he was preparing for the next season of TMAD.

​Actually, the guy we know himself as the Dubai Prince was not a prince nor royal family. That happened because of misinterpretation between him and interpreter. He is just a staff of Dubai tourism organization. After the first episode was broadcasted, his facebook was terrored by lots of mean comments like "Are you pretending yourself as a Prince of Dubai?", "You are not our prince!" Na PD corrected his position and apologized about that.

LSJ was interested in kitchen stuff at the souvenir shop. He said "Now I even get interested in this kind of stuff" Basically, he was preparing for the next season of TMAD.

Oh my! How embarrassing for him but glad NaPD clarified it. Thanks for the explanation!

May 8, 2015

Lee Seo Jin Answers Question about Marrying Choi Ji Woo

Soompi

The last episode of tvN’s “Grandpas Over Flowers in Greece,” which aired on May 8, showed Lee Seo Jin and Choi Ji Woo meeting the producers of the show in Seoul.

PD Na Young Suk discusses public interest in their relationship and comments, “Once Uhm Tae Woong sent me a text. He asked if you two were really dating.” Lee Seo Jin cheekily responds, “Tell him to just take good care of [his] daughter Ji On.”

The actor continues, “If Choi Ji Woo fixes her excessive spending habits maybe..” and nods that he would consider marrying her. Embarrassed, Choi Ji Woo replies, “No thank you.” Their responses lead to laughter.

Do you think the pair would be a good couple?

TV: Grandpas Over Flowers

20150509_1431108783_16896700_1_99_201505

Reader request.

-

Article: 'Grandpas Over Flowers' Choi Jiwoo? The best chemistry queen

Source: TV Report via Naver

1. [+2,559, -62] Choi Ji Woo-ssi is an innocent beauty... and a good person too.

2. [+2,364, -130] I think if these two got married, they'd bet he most liked celebrity couple ㅎㅎ

3. [+1,921, -62] Choi Ji Woo and Lee Seo Jin have amazing chemistry!!!!!!!!!

4. [+1,575, -53] Sad that it's over, Ji Woo-ssi is such a good person~^^

5. [+362, -20] She has such a girly cuteness to her despite her mature age. You can tell she was given lots of love growing up.

-

2015050815400220656_2_99_20150509064003.

2015050815400220656_1_99_20150509064003.

Article: 'Grandpas Over Flowers' Lee Seo Jin and Choi Ji Woo, can we see them again?

Source: Star News via Naver

1. [+228, -6] Please let us see them again... on Dispatch ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+193, -5] The viewers and the PD's mom even wants it... it's all set up, all they need to do is date. It wouldn't be weird at all.

3. [+144, -4] Please come back

4. [+128, -4] They match so well, Lee Seo Jin smiling is seriously adorable ㅋ

5. [+44, -1] Even if they do have feelings for each other, I bet they'll deny them publicly... And since they're older, they're probably going to be more careful about their relationship. One thing's for sure, they do seem to have feelings for each other.

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/05/tv-grandpas-over-flowers.html

May 8, 2015

Lee Seo Jin Answers Question about Marrying Choi Ji Woo

Soompi

The last episode of tvN’s “Grandpas Over Flowers in Greece,” which aired on May 8, showed Lee Seo Jin and Choi Ji Woo meeting the producers of the show in Seoul.

PD Na Young Suk discusses public interest in their relationship and comments, “Once Uhm Tae Woong sent me a text. He asked if you two were really dating.” Lee Seo Jin cheekily responds, “Tell him to just take good care of [his] daughter Ji On.”

The actor continues, “If Choi Ji Woo fixes her excessive spending habits maybe..” and nods that he would consider marrying her. Embarrassed, Choi Ji Woo replies, “No thank you.” Their responses lead to laughter.

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images

Do you think the pair would be a good couple?

​YOU BET ... Given the 4 halbaes and even Na PD's mother approved ... go for it porters !!

It's nice to see all 4 laughed together !! What a pleasant sight !! They're different and unique in their own ways and yet they came together as a family !! My favorite smile is Shin Gu halbae, such babylike. Soon Jae halbae is like a professor, giving lecture all the time. Il Sup halbae is a big bear grandpa and Geun Hyung halbae is just downright romantic !!  Daebak !! And for uri porters couple  ... love them to the moon but will save it for the porter couple thread !!

Anyone watched the latest episode on Channel M last night? I usually catch the gist of their convo, but giving up on translating the difficult part like history etc because of my limited understanding. Really, watching it with sub is a WHOLE NEW WORLD! can't help admiring halbaes more and more.. Everything that they said, every life stories that they shared were just heart warming. No wonder Jiwoo said that she can get help from halbaes during this trip.

And yes, I also noticed the change in Il Sub halbae attitude during this trip, and it almost made me cry. Huhuhu I wish you all halbaes a healthy life so we can see you in more trip in the future. 

Guest verti

Anyone watched the latest episode on Channel M last night? I usually catch the gist of their convo, but giving up on translating the difficult part like history etc because of my limited understanding. Really, watching it with sub is a WHOLE NEW WORLD! can't help admiring halbaes more and more.. Everything that they said, every life stories that they shared were just heart warming. No wonder Jiwoo said that she can get help from halbaes during this trip.

And yes, I also noticed the change in Il Sub halbae attitude during this trip, and it almost made me cry. Huhuhu I wish you all halbaes a healthy life so we can see you in more trip in the future. 

​waiting on subs to come out before watching :(

Finally, I found you guys and this thread again, yay! :wub:

I was unable to navigate much using the temporary forum because it kept crashing so I stayed in just one thread. :tears:

I can't believe it's ending just after 7 episodes, I want moooorrrreeee! 

@emmie may I ask for the link where I can download it as well? I apologize for asking again, since I'm sure someone posted it already but I guess the contents of the temporary forum has not been merged yet. 

p.s. just like what I said on the other thread I follow, this move is driving me crazy!!!:crazy:

Archived