YG, PLEDIS, BIG HIT, SM, JYP, CJes, CUBE and etc, training years?

Guest ndnadia93

Guest ndnadia93

How long does it take for you to train before being debut?SM has like more than 5 years, Pledis has more than 2 years or less, same as others too.But all I know Lee Hi got few months before her debut (I think it's because she was in a singing competition? )
Do anyone really know the maximum years of training before debut?Thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...

that's a good question C: i'd like to know that too.

tao from exo was a trainee for just a few months before he was going to debut. baekhyun and chen also were trainees for about a year.
idk about the other companys but i heard that with lee hi too.

• 1 month later...

Well it really depends what kind of group the agency wants to debut, if they think you would be relevant to a group then you will be in the line up. Also International trainees who don't know Korean will train longer than those who know Korean, the reason why SM debuted Tao so fast was because he would join EXO-M and not EXO-K, it wasn't really necessary for him to speak Korean like a pro, since he was going to be active in China anyways. 
Also there is no trainees from SM train for 5 years and Pledis 2 years, that really depends on the person and the agency, if you are pretty, talented, confident and knows korean + the agency is going to debut a group next year or something, then your chances are high that you don't have to train for a long time.

• 5 weeks later...

@3timeshi if you're an international trainee and know some basics of korean but are a fast learner and you're able to sing in korean (means you're good at pronunciation), do you think there is any chance to train for only 1-2 years? And if they are going to debut a new group within a year or two and you just joined the company is there a chance to become a part of that group? (Like tao except that you have to learn the language)

Yes it is definitely possible, if your vocals and dancing are incredibly great and you don't need any plastic surgery, the chances of debuting are bigger. Korean is important, but as long as you are in a group and your korean is good enough to have a conversation, it's okay.

But it all depends on the company what they wanna debut. Smaller companies do mind average korean, bigger companies don't really mind (they also promote overseas, so an english speaking member is great) If you have talent, potential and the visuals, you will debut despite poor korean.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest exoticbubble

3timeshi said: Yes it is definitely possible, if your vocals and dancing are incredibly great and you don't need any plastic surgery, the chances of debuting are bigger. Korean is important, but as long as you are in a group and your korean is good enough to have a conversation, it's okay. But it all depends on the company what they wanna debut. Smaller companies do mind average korean, bigger companies don't really mind (they also promote overseas, so an english speaking member is great) If you have talent, potential and the visuals, you will debut despite poor korean.

• 1 month later...

i want to audition for sm too (like lots of other ppl here xD) and i can barely speak korean and can't write or read but i'm fluent in 2 other languages and i'm learning french (in school) and japanese in my free time at university. if i'm able to make it as a sm trainee (hope dies last xD) and i have no problems with learning korean - still not fluent but able to make conversations - is the chance higher to debut within 1-2 years? or is there a chance to get into the ent even if i'm already 20? because i saw a lot of other people who are 20+ are worried because of the age limit, so i am. you seem to know a lot about this topic btw :D 

Your never too old, but you are probably not allowed to participate some auditions (some have an age limit) There's no reason to reject you if you are incredibly talented or pretty eventhough you can't speak korean. About the debuting it really depends how good you are and what the agency is planning to debut, it's pretty common for trainees to switch companies in order to debut faster.

• 1 year later...
Guest piajglopt

i heard JYP's twice's jihyo trained for 10 years.

im planning to audition for bighit ent but im afraid that they wont accept me becouse im singapore and i dont know korean. Im 12 this year. I can speak English and Chinese fluently.

Even if i get accepted, will i still go to school even though i dont know korean? Are the chances of getting into bighit ent hihh for me?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

@piajglopt

Hi. Keep in mind that currently, Big Hit only accepts males. You will definitely still go to school if you do get accepted. You would learn Korean, or would need to know Korean to join. I'm not sure. Nobody is for sure of your chances.

@ricecakee

I don't think 1-2 years of training would work. Learning Korean would definitely be required, and so would the amount of wanted group members would be decided too. Also, being able to sing in Korean doesn't always mean you know Korean, meaning only for certain songs you have listened to enough you can actually sing the lyrics. 

Archived