Can someone explain Rule 8?

I've now seen this quoted more than once and it still makes no sense to me, so I would appreciate having it explained, if that is OK
08. Do not bash drama and movie characters, actors, actresses, or other members, or post untrue information. 

it is the bit in blue that I can't understand. I'm asking out of genuine puzzlement and interest, why is criticising CHARACTERS forbidden? I understand and fully endorse the rule against bashing real people, actors, actresses, other members etc, but given that many characters in dramas are explicitly and specifically,  by the writers' intent, MEANT to be hated, including fictional characters and requiring the same treatment be extended to people who don't actually exist as to those who do is something I am really struggling to grasp. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. 

Hi @stuartjmz

Even antagonist in the drama or movie will have their fair share of supporters. Many fans were upset by unkind remarks on the characters they support, and most often than not, these incidents were due to people who dislike the actors on a personal level, not truly criticizing the roles. And they lead to fan wars. So instead of hurting the atmosphere, we have recently included this in the rule.

Criticizing is fine, prejudice is not. Hope this clarified your doubt :)

Archived