Yoo Min Kyu | 유민규

czakhareina

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh! Boy audition reality show premieres todayby javabeans | ohboy_2.jpg

Cable channel tvN’s new line of youth-targeted programming, which they’re calling the Oh! Boy series (which I’d first mentioned here), kicks off today with the launch of their first “flower boy” project, audition reality show Flower Boy Casting: Oh! Boy.

Jung Il-woo’s upcoming drama Flower Boy Ramyun Shop has been getting most of the attention for tvN, but it’s not the inaugural Flower Boy program. Flower Boy Casting will follow seven finalists in a competition, with the winner scoring a role in tvN’s second Oh! Boy drama series, Band Drama (a working title — the drama was previously working under the name Flower Boy Attack Band).

The Oh! Boy brand is really going after the youth market in a way that most prime-time shows don’t; the viewership for those dramas tends to skew older, where “young” might mean a 20- or 30-something audience. Not so tvN, which is aiming for teens: Their first two programs are populated by high-school pretty boys.

The contestants participating in Flower Boy Casting: Oh! Boy were culled from a pool of 200 hopefuls down to 25, who were interviewed and then cut down again to our final group. They aren’t total newbies to the industry but are rookie models and actors, which makes sense — if you’re going to cast one right away, you’d better hope he’s got some basic acting skills.

The show will cut one contestant per week and incorporates a panel of judges, an MC, and interviews with the competitors. The reality show will air for seven episodes, and presumably the winner will jump right into preparation for his drama debut in the band drama. (Reportedly, they’d wanted to cast him for the first drama series — he’s a winner one week, a drama character the next — but as scheduling would have it, that gave them too little time to actually produce the drama with the winner.) Flower Boy Ramyun Shopairs for 16 episodes beginning on October 31, and the Band Drama (which I’m betting will have another name change) plans to air early next year.

credit dramabeans Via TV Report

class="titleNews" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; line-height: 28px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"New Reality Show in Search of the Second Jang Keun Suk

We already know what happens when you throw a bunch of pretty girls, who are trying to make it big, together and film their every move. But what happens when a bunch of pretty boys vying to be the next Jang Geun Suk get together? Cable channel tvN hopes some good TV with new reality program Oh! Boy

The new reality show will follow eight aspiring actors and models competing for the lead role in a new tvN drama, tentatively called Band Drama, about a group of boys in a high school band who dream of stardom. 

91012151.jpg

There will be no shortage of eye candy for female viewers as the boys compete to charm the judges with their toned bodies, chiseled jaw lines, smooth smiles and all around charismatic appeal. From CFs to magazine photo spreads and supporting roles in dramas, the boys will compete in a variety of missions all leading up to the opportunity to be cast in the new teenage drama. 

Oh! Boy has also enlisted an impressive panel of industry heavyweights that is enough to make any actor stumble over his lines, including Park Sung Hye, the director of Corea Entertainment Management Association, Kim So Yeon of Esteem Models, photographer and film director Nikki Lee and stylist Kang Yun Ju. 

Viewers can expect to catch all of the drama, from the actors’ back stories to the cutthroat missions and see what it takes to land the leading role in a drama when Oh! Boy premieres on October 3

credit mwave

class="post-title" style="font-family: 'Francois One', Arial, Verdana, Helvetica; font-size: 2.2em; line-height: normal; font-weight: inherit; margin: 15px 10px 5px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(189, 0, 57);"tvN released new reality competition talent show Oh ! Boy
19.jpg

We are still in the age of reality tv.
Cable channel tvN held a reality competition show in search for a winner with the prize is a role in upcoming tvN drama, temporarily titled Band Drama – which previously titled Flower Boy Attack Band – looks like tvN loves ‘flower boy’ things as they will have a new drama Flower Boys Ramyun Shop starred Jung Il Woo at the end of this month, lols.

Band Drama itself  tells the  love and dream of a high school band-mate.

The reality competition show Oh ! Boy has 7 contenders (actually it was 8 but seemed 1 contestant was MIA) consists of newbie actors and models. They will do several various tasks and one contestant will be cut each week. The show started yesterday, October 3 and will last for 7 week.

tvN released teaser of each contenders. Let’s take a look :

Do Hyun Bae, 

the older brother of Taeyang (Bigbang). He already starred in short film Transformation Story.

And looks like this boy  can sing.

oh-boy-do-hyun-bae-150x150.jpg

Do Hyun Bae
the older brother of Taeyang (Bigbang). He already starred in short film Transformation Story.
And looks like this boy  can sing.

oh-boy-do-sang-woo-150x150.jpg

Do Sang Woo

oh-boy-jo-seong-jin-150x150.jpg

Jo Seong Jin

oh-boy-yoo-min-kyu-150x150.jpg

Yoo Min Kyu

oh-boy-kim-hyeon-joon-150x150.jpg

Kim Hyeon Joon

oh-boy-kim-jae-young-150x150.jpg

Kim Jae Young

oh-boy-hwang-in-deok-150x150.jpg

Hwang In Deok

Source : YonhapnewsNewsen
Credit koreanvibe

class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name" style="margin: 0px; position: relative; font-weight: normal; padding-bottom: 20px; font-family: Oswald, sans-serif; font-size: 28px; color: rgb(55, 55, 55);"{꽃미남 캐스팅, 오! 보이} The Boys of "Flowerboy Casting: Oh! Boy"By: iFangirl on Wednesday, 
logo_ribbon_regular.png

01.png
Doo Sangwoo 도상우
Birthday: December 25,1987
Height: 187cm 
Agency/Company: KPlus 
Interesting Facts: 2011 band 'The Hamilton Hotel' Vocals

02.png
Dong Hyunbae 동현배
Agency/Company: Wayz Company
Interesting Facts: Big Bang Taeyang's younger brother

03.png
Hwang Indeok 황인덕
 Height: 
Agency/Company:
Interesting Facts:

04.png 
Cho Sungjin 조성진
Height: 
Agency/Company:
Interesting Facts: 

08.pngPark Sungjin 박성진
Birthday: September 03,1990
Height: 187cm 
Agency/Company: Esteem
Interesting Facts:
Site/s:  Blog // Twitter

07.png
Yoo Mingkyu 유민규
Birthday: September 18,1987 
Height: 188cm 

06.png
Kim Hyunjoon 김현준
Birthday: April 19,1991
Height: 184cm 
Agency/Company: CHOII

05.png
Kim Jaeyung 김재영
Birthday: September 30,1988 
Height: 186cm 
Agency/Company: Esteem
Site/s:  Facebook // Twitter 

credit ifangurrl

class="titleNews" style="font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 28px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"
Flower Boy Casting: Oh! Boyohboy_2.jpg

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5

Episode 6

Episode 7

Episode 8

class="titleNews" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); line-height: 28px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"‘Oh! Boy’ Contestant Reveals He’s Dating Famous Shoe Designer
‘Kang Dong Won Doppelganger’ Yoo Min Gyu revealed he′s dating shoe designer Hwang Young Long. 

The October 17 broadcast of tvN’s Oh! Boy showed Yoo visiting his girlfriend’s store, leading netizens to ask “Is it a set up?” and “Are they really dating?”

97686210.jpg
“It is true that Yoo Min Gyu and designer Hwang Young Long are dating,” said a producer from the show. “Yoo Min Gyu freely revealed to the producers that he had a girlfriend, and she even appeared on the show.”

Hwang, who is three years older than Yoo, is a well-known career woman. The two were seen acting affectionately towards each other on the show, and photos of the couple are displayed on her homepage. Although some fans were disappointed by the news that Yoo was taken, many congratulated the couple saying, “It’s good to see them dating openly.”
80336028.jpg

On this episode, the contestants are seen competing for an appearance on tvN’s Cool Guys, Hot Ramenand receive instruction from Yoon Do Hyun Band’s guitarist in order to become musical actors. 

In addition to Yoo, Big Bang member Taeyang’s older brother Dong Hyun Bae, ‘Lee Seung Gi Doppelganger’ Hwang In Duk and Do Sang Woo are among the eight contestants on the seven-week audition program Oh! Boy, competing in various missions to win a starring role in a new drama. The show, which also takes viewers behind the scenes and into the personal lives of the boys, airs every Monday on tvN. 

Photo credit: tvNHwang Young Long’s mini homepage

credit mwave

girlfriend clip

BNT interview

"Shut Up: Flower Boy Band"

Trailer

Stills/photophoto217310.jpgphoto217309.jpg
other cast still at hancinema.netPostersphoto218794.jpg

photo218793.jpgphoto217704.jpg
photo217703.jpg

Episode 1 trailer released for the upcoming Korean drama "Shut Up: Flower Boy Band"http://youtu.be/_bbPbzdUZdA"Shut Up: Flower Boy Band" (2012)Directed by Lee KwonWritten by Seo Yoon-heeNetwork : tvNWith Seong Joon, L, Lee Hyeon-jae, Yoo Min-gyoo, Kim Min-seok, Jo Bo-ah16 episodes - Mon, Tue 23:00Synopsis: A drama about a pretty boy band.Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2012/01/30

Relationship charts and stills galore for Shut Up: Flower Boy Bandby javabeans 

Tons of new stills for Shut Up: Flower Boy Band! But what interests me more than the pretty, pretty pictures are the character and premise descriptions that come therewith.

Now we finally get some idea of what the actual story’s gonna be, and whether this underdog story will tickle our drama fancies. A scrappy ragtag band of rocker boys, up against their polished, perfect, “princely” rivals? I think my fancy’s been tickled. It’s like Jem and the Holograms, only now we’re rooting for the Misfits. Or, speaking of misfits, it’ll be the rock cousin to the show premiering on the same day, Dream High 2, which’ll give us the idol version. (Ack! Drama overload ahead.)

At the drama’s center is our main quintet, the band named Eye Candy.* At the outset it’s a six-member band, but I suspect its lead vocalist, Byung-hee (Lee Min-ki, making hiscameo appearance), will have to leave early on. Our band attends Dongnae High School, while the rivals attend the nicer Jungsang High. (The names mean neighborhood andnormal, respectively.) Complicating matters, there’s also a girl band. Woot woot.

*I’m taking a little poetic license with Eye Candy, as the Korean name is a term used to describe someone who’s so pleasant to the eyes that it “cleanses” your vision. I’m pretty sure Eye Cleansers doesn’t evoke the same meaning, so Eye Candy it is.

shutup_52.jpg

Above is the relationship chart, and can I say that my absolute favorite part is that the line between Byung-hee and Ji-hyuk (Sung Joon) is labeled “soulmates.” Hee. That’s adorable. Already I hate that they’ve got a love triangle shaping up with the same girl; she’s faceless at this point, but noooo! Not the precious bromance!

The band is described as hot stuff in their neighborhood, but there’s a qualifier: They’re cool at a distance, but up close? “Scary, pathetic, no future.” Each member comes from poor, shabby circumstances and they’ve only got two things they can count on: each other, and rock music.

They’re trailed by giddy fangirls, but they’ve got bad tempers and rule with their fists: “Class A punks.” They’ve learned to survive by fighting, and now their music is the one road they’ve got to throwing off this frustrating reality and finding a new one.

Yoo Min-kyu

shutup_38.jpg shutup_37.jpg shutup_42.jpg shutup_43.jpg

Ha-jin is the bassist, the Casanova. “If you ask why he’s into music, he’d answer, ‘To get girls!’” He may get mistaken for the young master in a rich family, but as it turns out he’s got six noonas with barely a bean to split amongst them. He can thank the bevy of sisters for his knowledge of girls, picking up tips and tricks… except that in front of the girl hereally likes, he can’t make any use of them. Ha.

full write up http://www.dramabeans.com/2012/01/relationship-charts-and-stills-galore-for-shut-up-flower-boy-band/

Press conference day for cast of Shut Up: Flower Boy Band

by javabeans The new faces (at least in the drama realm) with the rest of the bandmates: Clockwise from top left is Infinite’s L, rock band Mate’s Lee Hyun-jae,Superstar K 3‘s Kim Min-seok, and Oh Boy Audition’Yoo Min-kyu.
shutup_pc48.jpg

I suspect this is where we may have some gaps on the acting front, because you’ve got one idol, one drummer, one audition-reality-show contestant, and one competitive-reality-show contestant. That doesn’t preclude acting talent, but I have to say I did belatedly realize that Lee Hyun-jae is in Color of Woman (as background character Jason) and he’s pretty terrible in it. He’s saved by the fact that he doesn’t have much screentime or dialogue there. (Random aside: Does anybody else wonder if he’s followed around by a wind machine to blow back his long flowing locks, all music video-style?)

On the upside, when you’ve got a boisterous group of adorable young boys together, sometimes the collective chemistry can overrule problems of acting. Sort of like how the drama’s Eye Candy rockers beat out (I’m assuming) Strawberry Fields’s superior musical skills with their raw energy. I’m crossing my fingers that the dynamics make this group work.

Shut Up: Flower Boy Band premieres next Monday, January 30, on tvN.

shutup_pc41.jpg shutup_pc42.jpg shutup_pc47.jpg

shutup_pc49.jpg

shutup_pc51.jpg

shutup_pc50.jpg

other articles on shut up flower boy band:

HAJIN's CHARACTER INTRO

• 2 months later...

Shut Up: Flower Boy Band (tvN, 2012) recap
Episode 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 (Final) ]

Shut Up: Flower Boy Band (tvN, 2012) raw video
Episode 1 | 2 | 

| 
8 9 10 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 (Final) ]

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif;" Shut Up FlowerBoy Band PV

[interview] Yoo Min Kyu Says ′Flower Boy Band′ Is Only The Beginning

Standing at 188 cm, with a slim figure, small face, slender hands and white-skin, he is a person one would think could only see in a comic book. 

Enews met with the rookie actor Yoo Min Kyu with his good looks and flawless body dimensions. He was recently seen on tvN’s Shut Up: Flower Boy Band where he portrayed the bassist Kim Ha Jin, of the drama’s fictional band Easy on the Eyes. He received praise for his portrayal of the tough-on-the-outside youth who also sheds tears because of his one-sided love. He is proving to be an actor worth watching-out for.

85137369.jpg

Who is Yoo Min Kyu?

Yoo Min Kyu first made his headway into the celebrity world by starting out as a model when he was twenty years old. As a student he found himself growing 10cm a year to outgrow his classmates and at the suggestion of his eldest sister, he auditioned to be a model.

“I didn’t have that strong of a desire to be a model. Even on the day of the audition, I kept contemplating whether I should go or not. There was an individual there who saw me favorably and that first year alone I stood more than ten years on the runway. Since everything seemed to be working out I thought acting and all the other areas would easily work themselves out as well.”

Unfortunately reality was different than what he had thought. Though he did receive occasional casting offers for acting and modeling here and there, they didn’t prove to be too successful and he fell into a year and half period of ‘pain’. 

While deeply contemplating ‘what am I doing?’ a miracle-like chance came his way. He had caught the attention of Park Joo Hye, CEO of the production company, Oh Boy Project which was managing the production for Shut Up: Flower Boy Band as well as the model agency DCM. He went on to appear on the audition program on tvN Flower Boy Casting, Oh! Boy, which began airing last November, and ended up winning the competition and being cast in the drama. 

“Many people assume that my journey here has been easy but there was a lot of complications along the way. Especially a lot of people think because of Flower Boy Casting, Oh! Boy I was able to be cast in the drama easily but the competition was vicious. Maybe you didn’t feel it in the drama? My earnestness (Laugh).”

15279219.jpg

From Traditional Drums to Kendo, An Abundance of Talent

Yoo Min Kyu is the best case to break the assumption that all models look like they have a strict personality. With a tall figure, long legs and arms, slim figure, etc he has all the basic traits of a model. With big eyes, high nose the 1987-born Yoo Min Kyu is twenty-six in Korean age but has the fresh and youthful look of a high school youth which shows not only on the runway but on the big screen and on television.

“I’ve heard here and there that I resemble Lee Min Ho in his Gu Jun Pyo role from Boys Over Flowers. I’ve heard it a couple of times but of course for me, it’s an honor (Laugh).”

Aside from his aesthetical merits, he has displayed a wide variety of skills and talents in other areas as well. In his third year of elementary school, he came to first touch a janggu (traditional two-headed Korean drum) and came to first dream to be a human cultural asset. He went on to study at Seoul’s Gukak National High School specializing in janggu

Aside from janggu he has a strong interest in kendo. In his first year of elementary school he began to follow his friend to learn kendo and practiced it for seventeen years. He even competed in national events in his middle and high school years where he even won a few events.

“I’m the type of person to fall into something completely once I fall into it. So I think that’s the reason I came to do acting for so long. I experience a thrill and joy when I see myself on screen. I experience a 1.5 times greater thrill when I’m acting than modeling.” 

His personality is very chill too. He answers without hesitation or stammering. He was honest and clear in what he liked and disliked. 

When asked which actress from his drama was closest to his ideal type he answered without blinking, “I don’t know if it’s because I portray a one-sided love to her but Kim Ye Rim.” 

When asked who he was closest to among the band actors he answered, “I’m close with all of them but I’m closest with Kim Min Suk.”

33519156.jpg

Cha Seung Won, Kang Dong Won Are His Role Models!

Yoo Min Kyu’s role models are Cha Seung Won and Kang Dong Won. The reason being that both Cha Seung Won and Kang Dong Won began their careers as models and later became top stars as actors, which Yoo also aspires to become.

“Cha Seung Won senior displays an unprecedented level of charisma on the runway but also fully immerses himself into his roles as an actor. Kang Dong Won senior too is not only just good-looking but conveys emotion to his characters. As models-turned-actors, I aspire to become like them.” 

Among the genres of comic, mellow, action and fantasy, Yoo answered that he′s most interested in comic and action genres. He hopes to bring comic relief at the expense of his own image while also displaying charisma overflowing action in other productions. He even brought laughter to the set of the interview after sharing he’d like to be like the superhero Spiderman and then proceeding to pretend shoot web strings. 

Shut Up: Flower Boy Band was just my beginning. Until the day I become an action hero star I will do my best. Please continue to watch out for me. (Laugh)” 

Photo credit: Kim Byung Kwan

Reach reporter Choi Eunhwa on Twitter @silvercandy88!

• 2 months later...

Rookie actor Yoo Min Kyu cast in upcoming drama 'To the Beautiful You'

Former model and Rookie actor Yoo Min Kyu has been cast for the upcoming drama, 'To the Beautiful You'.
Yoo Min Kyu will be playing the role of the leader of the Tae Kwon Do department, Young Mahn.
Having played the role of Kim Ha Jin in 'Shut Up Flower Boy Band', which ended its run back in March, female viewers are especially looking forward to the actor's role in the highly anticipated new drama, which will feature SHINee's Minho and f(x)'s Sulli as the lead.
Young Mahn, the character he will play, is someone who seems rough on the outside but is very passionate about helping his hoobaes as the leader of the Tae Kwon Do department. Known to be quiet an athlete in real life, Yoo Min Kyu is planning to showcase his athletic abilities in the drama.
In related news, 'To the Beautiful You' will air its first episode in August.
Source + Photo: Sports Chosuncredit allkpop.com

tumblr_m7cethu2qS1qdc1b4.jpg

25 year old Yoo Min Kyu is a rookie actor that just made his breakthrough role as Kim Ha-jin in 'Shut up flower boy band' in 2012. 'To the beautiful you' is his second drama and he will be playing the leader of Dorm 1, Young Mahn. 

2_zps7141ba33.png

Young Mahn is a fairly simple character, though he is important. He is the leader of Dorm 1, which is a Tae Kwon Do focused dorm, as apposed to dorm 2 who is focused on athletics, and dorm 3 who is focused on performing arts. As a leader, he is basically in charge of all the students in the dorm and is responsible for anything that happens with them. He is also part of a student council called the *'Cherry blossom alliance', made up by the leaders of all 3 dorms.  Young Mahn has a fierce exterior, but also has a heart of gold. Known to be quiet and athlete in real life, Yoo Min Kyu is planning to showcase his athletic abilities in the drama.

Nikon (2012) CFhttp://youtu.be/666BCmzRuKI

Interview/Info: Yoo Min Kyu Names Dara as his Ideal Type Once Again ~ Wants to Star in “Romantic Drama” with her
TV Report interviewed Yoo Min Kyu, a model-actor who has been gaining attention from his roles in “Last Night” and “Master’s Sun.” In one of the interview’s segments, he mentioned his affection for the show, “Infinity Challenge” and gag man, Yoo Jae Suk in particular, and Sandara Park.

◆ THIS MAN’S AFFECTIONATE LOVE, “INFINITY CHALLEGE” AND SANDARA PARK
* Yoo Min Kyu said that he was a big fan of MBC’s “Infinity Challenge” and that he wants to meet Yoo Jae Suk.
Aside from his praises for Yoo Neu Nim (T/N: a combination of the Korean word for ‘god’ and Yoo Jea Suk’s surname to mean ‘Lord Yoo Jae Suk’), he also reveals that his strong ideal type exists in Sandara Park. Near the end of the interview, the reporter questioned him about Sandara Park and sniffed an embarassed shyness when the question came up. Certainly, Yoo Min Kyu has been hit by the “Sandara Park love-sick syndrome” and he wishes to film a romantic drama with Sandara Park featuring an older-woman-younger-man romance. He laughed when he realized that he had already decided on a specific role for himself.
*omitted parts not related to DaraCredits: Source: TV ReportWRITTEN BY BLACKJACKBELLE
[130315] NIKON ‘CANDY MAN’ YOO MIN-KYU SAYS IN AN INTERVIEW THAT SANDARA PARK IS ONE OF HIS IDEAL TYPESCLassifiedKJOP bu_p1racqaeoim0.jpg?w=560&h=298
In a recent interview, Yoo Min-Kyu was asked about his ideal type. He says, “I like girls with short hair with a boyish style.” Additionally, he revealed that his ideal types are Amanda Seyfriend and Sandara Park. 

[iNTERVIEW] Yoo Min Kyu “I Like Amanda Seyfried and Sandara Park, I Think of Them While I Act my Role”

Yoo Min Kyu was recently interviewed by MyDaily for his new play, “Kisaragi Mikki Jjang,” where he plays the role of Iemoto, one of the five “uncle fans” or “otakus” who gathered together at the death of their idol, celebrity, Kisaragi Mikki. In the movie, Iemoto says “I am an encyclopedia when it comes to Mikki-chan.“ With his tall frame and handsome face, the interview delves on how Yoo Minkyu would carry out being someone who loves another so zealously and loyally in real life and how he would go about it as his character in the movie, Iemoto.
201303061059161115_3.jpg?w=540

I did worry over how to act as one of the leads, Iemoto. Being in film and theater gave me a solid foundation on acting, but how I would come out with this particular character had me a bit worried. I personally like Amanda Seyfried and Sandara Park. So while I was acting, I was thinking of them too.

Yoo Min-gyoo in the KBS "Drama Special - Land of Rain"

photo323643.jpg

Rookie actor Yoo Min-gyoo is starring in the KBS 2TV drama special "Drama Special - Land of Rain".
Yoo takes on the role of Son Woo-gi, a high school student who lives with the sadness of having a lost father.
At the same time, he's going to display a performance of sensitive emotions with his teacher Na-ra who also lost her husband on the same day.
Yoo Min-gyoo debuted in the tvN drama "Shut Up: Flower Boy Band" and has been busy with the movie "One Night" and musical "Kisaragi".
Yoo said, "I was attracted to Woo-gi from the moment I read the script. I plan on enjoying this".
Meanwhile, the drama special has been aired every Wednesday at 11:20 PM.
Source : news.sportsseoul

Updated cast and images for the upcoming Korean drama "Drama Special - Land of Rain"

photo350211.jpg
Directed by Ahn Joon-yongWritten by Lee Ah-ramNetwork : KBSWith Jeong Eun-chae, Yoo Min-gyoo,...1 episode - Wed 23:20Part of the "Drama Special" series season 4Synopsis: A high school student who lives with the sadness of having a lost father.Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2013/09/25photo350210.jpg
photo350208.jpg
credit hancinema

Trailer released for the Korean drama 'Drama Special - Land of Rain'

http://youtu.be/Lyq969vtUWI

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"Nara's Rain | Rain Country (Drama Special / 2013.10

[Drama Special: Nara's Rain | Rain Country] - Cast: Jung Eunchae, Yoo Mingue - Synopsis: Mun Nara is a teacher returning from a 2-year Absence Following the death of her husband. It occurred on a rainy night while he was trying to stop some students from being involved in biker gang activities. On her return she meet Son Ugi, a 12th grade student whose father passed away on the same night as Nara's husband. Student teacher and they're Involved in a relationship that's birthed from the fact that they're the Only perhaps understand that people in the World What's going through each other ... 

"Drama Special - Land of Rain" Jeong Eun-chae and Yoo Min-gyoo

photo354051.jpg
KBS 2TV "Drama Special - Land of Rain" is expected to deliver heart-warming romance this fall.
"Drama Special - Land of Rain" stars Jeong Eun-chae as teacher, Moon Na-ra.
Yoo Min-gyoo also stars in this drama as the student who loves his teacher with all his heart and it's his first leading role.
"Drama Special - Land of Rain" starts off with Moon Na-ra and Woo-gi (Yoo Min-gyoo) both losing their husband and father on a very rainy day, two years ago.
Two years later today, Moon Na-ra still feels pain from the memories of losing her husband but meets Woo-gi who has had the same experience as her. They become closer and the truth about their deaths are revealed on the way to overcoming the sadness.
"Drama Special - Land of Rain" is a collaboration between writer Lee Ah-ram and director Ahn Joon-yong. This drama is labeled, the 'fall mellow special'.
Meanwhile, "Drama Special - Land of Rain" will be aired on the 2nd at 11:10 PM.

Added episode 1 captures for the Korean drama 'Drama Special - Land of Rain'

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-added-episode-1-captures-for-the-korean-drama-drama-special--land-of-rain--61164.html

"Drama Special - Land of Rain" Jeong Eun-chae and Yoo Min-gyoo

photo355033.jpg
Jeong Eun-chae and Yoo Min-gyoo became each others' umbrella.
KBS 2TV drama "Drama Special - Land of Rain" showed Moon Na-ra (Jeong Eun-chae) looking for Son Woo-ki (Yoo Min-gyoo).
They had both lost their father's on the same day and shared a common factor. Moon Na-ra thought about her husband and thought about Son Woo-gi who would be alone.
He wasn't at home and went to where she taught him 'the rain is best seen'. He looked at her and said, "I met the guy you told me about. He cried looking at me so I ran away. I didn't have anywhere else to go. I'm alright with the rain now".
Two years ago, Moon Na-ra lost her husband and he also lost his father. The car that crashed in an accident while trying to avoid bike-riding students was driven by Woo-gi's father.
Moon Na-ra told him, "Don't make such an effort. Just go wherever you please. Just live like that. I did too".
Son Woo-gi took her hand and told her he missed her. She smiled and held his hand back. The rain stopped as their hearts healed.

Teenage relationships and romance for upcoming Drama Specialsby javabeansyoominkyu_19.jpg

KBS’s anthology drama series Drama Special has announced two new installments, and have both cast rising pretty boy actors as their respective leads. So let’s take a look atRainy Nara and Adolescence Medley.

Yoo Min-kyu has snagged his first leading TV role with his Drama Special installment titledRainy Nara. He’s had a few supporting roles in the past two years, most recently in To the Beautiful You but perhaps much more fondly recalled as Casanova bassist Ha-jin in Shut Up: Flower Boy Band.

In the episode, Yoo Min-kyu plays a high schooler who loses his father, and both consoles and is consoled by a high school teacher named Nara who lost her husband on the same day. The Drama Special purports to be a delicate and sensitive portrayal of human emotion, which I can see working with the format and premise. (Drama Specials are particularly good at delving into the little moments of truth in real-life situations and emotional beats.)

read full article: http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/07/teenage-relationships-and-romance-for-upcoming-drama-specials/

Upcoming Korean movie "One Night"

photo323659.jpg

"One Night" (2013)Directed by Kim Jho Kwang-sooWith Yoo Min-gyoo,...Synopsis: Geun-ho and Yong-woo are repeaters who live in Jin-joo, Kyeong-nam. They follow Sang-soo to Seoul on the day of his exams and spend a hot, one night.Release date in Korea : 2013
Eye Candy’s Yoo Min-kyu takes the lead in indie film One Night
yoominkyu_2.jpg

I still think of Yoo Min-kyu as Ha-jin the bassist and flirty half of Shut Up: Flower Boy Band’s bromancing duo, and it’s for that role that I carry a lot of residual affection for him. He was picked out of the Oh Boy! series’ Flower Boy auditions (which won him his debut inShut Up), and now he’s been cast in a new film project which is particularly interesting to me for the fact that it’s the next film by Kim Jo Gwang-soo, an out director who has had modest success with two queer films: the short film Boy Meets Boy and the feature Just Friends? — which, by the way, featured early-career Lee Je-hoon (Bleak Night) and Yeon Woo-jin (Arang and the Magistrate).

Both were small coming-of-age stories depicted with a sensitive touch, so I’m expecting a similar vibe from his new film, which is called One Night. Centering around three friends, Geun-ho, Yong-woo, and Sang-soo, the film follows one them on one “hot” night after they take their university entrance exams. (Read the “hot night” descriptor as a sort of intense-passionate-youth experience, not a sexual one.) They meet a man who’s traveling on business, and decide to follow him up to Seoul on a whim. The description doesn’t tell us whether the story will have any gay characters or feature queer lovelines, but there is the hint that Yoo Min-kyu, playing main character Geun-ho, has a “melo” encounter with the businessman Joon, and it’s their connection that leads the whole group on their overnight trip.

yoo_shutup1.jpg

love these kinds of stories, with characters on the cusp of adulthood going on a free-spirited ride. And while Yoo Min-kyu is still a very new actor (and my affection for him was not quite enough for me to sit through To the Beautiful You), he’s got a fresh-faced exuberance about him and lots of experience with onscreen bromance. More of that is never a bad thing.

The other two friends will be played by Jo Bok-rae and Kim Ri-hoo, who are stage actors. In fact most of the film’s cast are either seasoned stage veterans or at least have some theater experience, including the actor playing Joon, 38-year-old Jung Won-jo.

There’s one more interesting tidbit about this low-budget indie production, which is that it is openly asking for fan and public support in funding the project, as posted on director Kim Jo Gwang-soo’s website (http://blog.naver.com/petrkim). It sounds similar to a Kickstarter-style campaign and the producers promise to include the name of every supporter who has donated 10,000 won or more (translates to about 10 dollars US) in their ending credits. I have mixed feelings about Kickstarter as a whole, but I do think that when its power is harnessed properly it can lead to some awesome results, so good luck to them.

One Night plans to begin filming mid-moth and is aiming for a November release.

yoo_shutup2.jpg

Via SBS E!Osen

In the center of One night
20130513115004142.jpgcredit daum.net

Yoo Min Kyu Takes "One Night" Film - Hotline NewsFrom The Best Movie Review
yoo-min-kyu.jpg

New film, which is called One Night. Centering around three friends, Geun-ho, Yong-woo, and Sang-soo, the film follows one them on one “hot” night after they take their university entrance exams. They meet a man who’s traveling on business, and decide to follow him up to Seoul on a whim. The description doesn’t tell us whether the story will have any gay characters or feature queer lovelines, but there is the hint that Yoo Min-kyu, playing main character Geun-ho, has a “melo” encounter with the businessman Joon, and it’s their connection that leads the whole group on their overnight trip.
The other two friends will be played by Jo Bok Rae and Kim Ri Hoo, who are stage actors. In fact most of the film’s cast are either seasoned stage veterans or at least have some theater experience, including the actor playing Joon, 38-year-old Jung Won-jo.
There’s one more interesting tidbit about this low-budget indie production, which is that it is openly asking for fan and public support in funding the project, as posted on director Kim Jo Gwang-soo’s website. It sounds similar to a Kickstarter-style campaign and the producers promise to include the name of every supporter who has donated 10,000 won or more (translates to about 10 dollars US) in their ending credits.
One Night plans to begin filming mid-moth and is aiming for a November release. credit thebestmoviereview by CONSTANTIO

Archived