[Variety] The Return of Superman 슈퍼맨이 돌아왔다 7th anniversary NOV 2020

i just   saw  ep  99  and  i  must  say  that  the  decision  to  pull  out  jiohn  from  the  show  is  a  very  wise  move.  we  don't s ee  the  everyday  ji  ohn  having  meals  away  from  the  camera.  it  seems  that  they  have  a lot  of  trouble  disciplining  her  while  eating.  not  only  is  she  picky  about  food,  she  likes  reaching  out  for  the  cell  phone  while  eating and  play  with  it.  her  parents  refused  to give  it  to  her  but  ends  up  giving  in.  the  doctor  told  them  not  to  give  in  so  she  made  tantrum  from  searching  under  the  table for  the  phone,  lying  on  the  floor, tumbling  the  chair, standing  on  the  table  and  pleading for  the  phone' coughing  until  she  got  tired  and  slept. she  can  be  a  handfull,  what  happens  if  it  goes  on until  she  gets  older? the  doctor  said  it  is  ok    if  she  doesn't  like  to  eat  rice,  leave  her  alone,  jsut  make  it  softer  so  it  can  be  more  palatable  for  her  as  kids  don't  like  hard  food.    it  is  better  for  them  to  concentrate  on  her,  fix  her  problems  away  from  the  camera.  as  an  only  child,  things  are  given  her,  her  whims  are satisfied  but  she  cannot  have  her  way  all  the  time,  she  has  to  follow  rules.  maybe  we a re  also  guilty,  when  we're    at  home  or  at  restos,  we  always  have  our  phone  near  us  so  as  not  to miss a  text  or  a  call.  of  course ,  it  is  bad manners  because  when  eat,  we  should  concentrate  on  eating  and  nothing  else..  and  most  of  us  are  correct  in  assessing  that  she  should  spend  time  and  energy  with  her  peers so  she  can  socialize.  in  the  past,  her  parents  revel  in  seeing  her  mimic  their  dog  or  give  things  at  the  point  of  her  finger.  uhm t ae  woong  and  his wife  need  to  concentrate  on  raising  ji  ohn  to  be a  well  adjusted  kid.  she  leaves  the  hsow  while  most  of  us  has  warmed  to  her  when  she  started  talking.  

my  other  fave  event  here  in  ep  99  is  the  meeting  of t he  2  families,    song  il  gook  and  his  wife  has  done  to  date a  most  wonderful  job  in  raising  their  boys  as  caring,  considerate  kids.  the  older  boys  took  care  of  the  younger  twin sisters  and  daebak.  the  sisters  melt  you  with  their  charms..

Kids at Jiohn's age is really handsfull. at the age 1,5 / 2 till 4 / 5years old is a thantrum era. i saw how Jion throwed her sandals on the water and let her dad pick it and she then throw another sandals and keep doing it.Her dad warned her but laughing when she keeps doing it. He should not only warned her but also punished her to keep the sandals away from her but no, he just letting her be.

Yes, I understand how parents can't let the child crying for thantrum (not because they're ill or hungry..but because they can't get what they want)...but my sister, who has an ADHD child (Hyperactive children) crying together with her son (only in different room) when she disallowed her son to get what he wanted. when he's tired and sulking, does not want to eat, does want to do anything, she let him be...untill he got back on his sense and understand his mistake. now my niece is 12 years old., i can't say that he's the sweetest boy. but he's very understable kid. when her parents said that he must doing something to earn something, he immadiately work for it. no thantrum, no crying. one day, he ask money to go for school outing, and his dad say " I  will give you that amount only if you help me to take care of the store", and then off he goes, taking care of the store for the whole week, serving the customer, cleaning the store etc. and he keep asking how much money he already earned. and when he finally earned the amount of he need (which actually for his pocket money, not for the outing cost, because his parents already paid the outing cost behind his back, he proudly called me "auntie i can go outing next week with  my own money"...i was so proud too.

Back to Jiohn...i do understand that kids at Jion's age not supposed to be on tv yet. they're at the age where things can get soo handsfull and embarassing for them later on teenage years. UTW and his wive probably can't scold her on tv because they does not want to critize for being too harsh. but at the same time, when they give up to jion's thantrum they would be told "weak / give in parenthal". whatever they do, viewers thinking they know better than the parents.

every children is different..so it's bad to compare Jion to, let's say with LDG kids who's very skilffull  when they're at the same age. that's why, yes, it's the best decision for them to withdraw from the show and learning better from the other family behind the camera.

Edited by aprodithe
  • Like 5

Song Triplets Experience the Air Force on “The Return of Superman” 

Song Triplets Experience the Air Force on “The Return of Superman”

The Song triplets take on a new adventure and experience life in the air force.

KBS 2TV’s “The Return of Superman” will embrace its 100th episode on October 18. In celebration, images of the growth of the children along with their dad’s thoughts will be shown.

In the episode, Song Il Gook visits an air force base in order to teach the triplets about discipline. The triplets have already shown interest in the military, taking pictures with their dad in uniforms on Armed Forces Day. This time, they will have the opportunity to actually experience the life of the air force for one night and two days.

Song triplets

Daehan is obviously afraid of the instructor as he rolls his eyes in nervousness. He still proves to be the eldest out of the three because he is the only one to properly salute, making his dad proud.

Though Minguk is excited at the thought of visiting the air force, he is soon puzzled while learning how to salute. Though he has to use one hand while saluting, he ends up putting both of his hands up in confusion.

Manse has the hardest time adjusting and falls into tears in fear of the strict instructor.

Fans are eager to see if the triplets will be able to have a proper air force experience under the strict discipline of their stern instructor.

Source: http://www.soompi.com/2015/10/17/song-triplets-experience-the-air-force-on-the-return-of-superman/

• Like 7

CRgcTXYVEAAYYVh.jpg

„I like the universe,“ I know this topic has been mentioned here over and over again but Minguk is a genius. The fact that he knows that there is something beyond the material world here on the Earth is just incredible. 

• Like 11

„I like the universe,“ I know this topic has been mentioned here over and over again but Minguk is a genius. The fact that he knows that there is something beyond the material world here on the Earth is just incredible. 

lol, same. I think he's very intelligent that way. I like how he diverted the difficult question with a very diplomatic and vague answer, just like how a celebrity, politician, or a lawyer would answer. It's like he was made to be either of those occupations, although I vote for lawyer. I like the thought of him following in his mother's footsteps. :)

• Like 9

Guest ManseCutie

12079697_847452458707421_238222417148301

Can't help but smile to see a happy Manse.

Way to go Daehan for being the only one to properly do a salute and standing a attention.

Song triplets

Edited by ManseCutie
edited commen

daehanie is so cute and minggukie is always the smartest. Actually i find mingguikie extremely observant. One time when HJ was visiting their home with the twins. HJ was upset when one the twins spill the food and immediately you could minggukie observing HJ expresssion. I think manse is also like that minggukie i feel is by far the most observant in terms of looking at facial expressions. I love these boys!

:wub:

• Like 7

Another amusing part of Daehanie in ROS ep 100, I wonder whether he was excited wanting a change into army clothing...

k4fAqZQ.gif

Update on 19/10/2015:

Now I know why Daehanie started to take off his bib overalls, he is such an obedient kid as he remembers and takes instructions from the officer. Just before the kids entered the room, the officer informed the kids to get changed in this room and dads have to do the same in another room.

And in the video clip, you may notice he is denoted as "FM" (field manual), meaning a total rule follower.

FShrLax.jpg

Edited by adelinetew
  • Like 8

Sibling goals 

CRlzT5nUcAAKWdY.jpg

Manse is such a well-behaved boy. Instead of wailing, he just sobbed quietly to himself. Children of his age would cry aloud and demand attention but Manse knows it wouldn’t be the right thing to do. 

• Like 17

I am sure SIK and wife would be so proud of their three boys !  Especially when they sees his boys taking care of one another. Really warms my heart. Minggukie is such a darling older brother ... haha blowing the food for the little girl and helping to wipe away manse tears. My heart melts just seeing them. Daehanie is so cute staring at Daebak . i think he thinks Daebak is very cute too !

• Like 8

Oh My God.. How can i get rid of Song Triplets?? :sweatingbullets: They are getting more and more adorable and smart every episode. 

I think i'm going to miss Ji On, but it's better for the parents too so they can teach Ji On off camera. It's hard to do that when cameras are there, even Song Il Gook have said that the boys had hard time to be discipline off camera. What we saw is the result of what Song couple have taught to triplets. 

In other hands, Sarang has to learn to that she can't win every time. She would grow up as spoiled person if her parents don't teach her how to accept defeat. 

• Like 5

Manse Is Popular With the Ladies And He Absolutely Knows It

Manse Is Popular With the Ladies And He Absolutely Knows It

There’s something about Manse that the ladies just can’t resist.

On the October 18 broadcast of “The Return of Superman,” Manse lives up to his reputation as the representative ladies’ man of the Song household.

In this episode, Lee Dong Gook‘s children and Song Il Gook‘s triplets meet for dinner and a play date. When the kids are almost finished with their meals, Lee Dong Gook asks his daughter Seol Ah, “Who do you like more, Minguk or Manse?”

Unable to resist the notorious love spells of the quirky maknae, Seol Ah goes on to choose Manse as her favorite.

What makes the situation rather hilarious is Manse’s (lack of) reaction to his popularity among the ladies. He acts all cool and confident as if he the results come as no surprise to him, and this immediately makes the fathers burst into genuine laughter.

man se

http://www.soompi.com/2015/10/18/manse-is-popular-with-the-ladies-and-he-absolutely-knows-it/

Edited by Chellsee
  • Like 9

9-Month-Old Daebak Is Already a Pro at Driving 

9-Month-Old Daebak Is Already a Pro at Driving

Lee Dong Gook‘s son Daebak shows some amazing driving skills on the October 18 episode of “The Return of Superman.”

In this episode, Lee Dong Gook is given a remote-controlled toy car which Daebak then takes on a test drive. Daebak is clearly excited, letting out high-pitched screams. Although Lee Dong Gook controls the car by the remote, Daebak starts pretending that he is driving and grabs the handle with his hands. When Lee Dong Gook tells Daebak that he should look forward, he corrects his pose immediately, as if he actually understands his father.

When Lee Dong Gook makes the car go backwards, Daebak turns back and grabs the back of the seat, looking quite pro!

daebak

http://www.soompi.com/2015/10/18/9-month-old-daebak-is-already-a-pro-at-driving/

• Like 8