[Variety] The Return of Superman 슈퍼맨이 돌아왔다 7th anniversary NOV 2020

[TV] Superman Returns

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images.

Osen - Naver: 'Superman' Song Il Gook's heartbreak, Daehan has to wear glasses

1. [+29,831, -389] I wear glasses too and people would know how it's like once you take them off, you can't see anything. Daehan is only 4 years old. I hope his eyesight gets better as he grows up

2. [+19,981, -440] He's only 4 years old. My heart breaks for him ㅜㅠ Triplets, I love you ♡♡♡

3. [+12,109, -244] Triplets, grow up healthy

4. [+1,695, -87] I've always felt sorry for him also because he's the oldest. Aigoo Daehan-ah.. Song Il Gook needs to take care of him first!!!!!

5. [+738, -30] Daehan-ahㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+475, -19] How heartbreaking it is to hear that your young son has to wear glasses for the rest of his life. I hope he gets lasik surgery when he's older.. Because Daehan is the oldest, he inherited more of this trait ㅠㅠ

6. [+439, -17]Aigoo I'm over 20 but I hate wearing glasses. It would be so uncomfortable for him especially since the triplets are playful and active. It's literally the worst thing when you're wearing glasses and you get hit in the face while playing soccer or dodgeball 

source : http://kkuljaem.blogspot.ca/2015/09/tv-superman-returns-1n2d.html

The number of upvotes are no joke. Triplets are well-loved by many :) 

• Like 5

I feel bad for Daehan but I'm still optimistic that he'd be qualified for refractive procedure like LASIK once he gets older and his refraction gets stable. He's nearsighted so really needs to wear glasses (kids are usually initially farsighted in childhood). I wouldn't be too worried about the blinking for now, he got used to it and became his mannerism because he'd been having a difficult time seeing at far but once he gets accustomed to his glasses hopefully the blinking would go away :)

I admire Daehan coz he's very easy to examine and he didn't whine about getting glasses. I wanna hug him!

Lolz at Minguk finally saying, "annyeong haseyo" to the mime artists...and him recognizing appa SIK. I noticed he tends to call SIK "aboji" during more serious situations (e.g. panicking with the live dinosaur, when telling his dad to stop kidding around). Kind of when parents scold their children by calling them their full names. Mingukkie is definitely an old soul.

And Manse...he's cute, adorable, free-spirited Manse :)  I loved when he was quietly sitting in the clinic and he successfully got a lollipop for each of them.

• Like 8

Sik dont be discouraged. I wore glasses since i was 5 yrs old and now im 25. I just got LASIK treatment last 2 months and sometimes i still miss my glasses lol. I still enjoy my childhood like any other children... Daehanie please hang in there. Soon when you get older u can get lasik like i did. Please be healthy and happy like always

• Like 6

Song Illguk worries about Daehan's eyesight

20150913_1442154854_35052400_1_99_201509

[Naver: TV Report] 'Superman' Daehan will be alright so don't worry 'super daddy'

Daehan's constant blinking worried Song Illguk. Due to his own eyesight, he always worried about the triplets's eyesight as well. His heart fell when the eye doctor brought news that Daehan must wear his glasses his whole life.

--

1. [+6130, -107] It made my heart hurt seeing innocent Daehan like that. Don't feel like you were the one who passed on this bad unfortunate trait. Daehan is growing up well so don't feel too worried.

2. [+4557, -78] Grow up healthy triplets... 

3. [+3898, -94] It's regretful but have strength Song Illguk-ssi. I knew a lot of people around me when I was little who wore glasses so it's going to be alright!

4. [+3686, -96] Hopefully Daehan's eyesight can get better.. !! Don't worry too much.

5. [+3264, -89] It hurts my heart seeing Daehan in glassesㅠㅠ Daehan, grow up healthy 

6. [+502, -12] Feed him a lot of foods good for the eyes and show attention to his eyesight. Maybe there will be a day where technology is advanced enough that he won't have to wear glasses? Don't feel too bad..

7. [+483, -23] Daehan takes after Song Illguk the most so how bad must Song Illguk feel for thinking that he's the one who passed on his poor eyesight...ㅠㅠㅠ

8. [+442, -14] Even I felt bad.. hopefully his eyesight will get better as he grows older

9. [+436, -17] Eyesight is genetics so it's granted that he feels bad..... but it can get better so have strength

10. [+395, -15] It hurts my heart seeing Daehan in glassesㅠㅠ He's four years old now so how bad must Song Dad feel...have strength super daddy

http://knetizone.blogspot.cz/2015/09/song-illguk-worries-about-daehans.html

Edited by Miree
  • Like 5

I also feel sad watching Song Il Gook feels guilty of Daehanie eyesight, it's natural for parents to worry for their kids. But I think Daehanie not feeling depressed to wear glasses. Beside he still look cute & charming. He is such a happy go lucky kid along with his wonderful fun & caring brothers like Mingukie & Manse. 

But I think triplets segment quite depressing because of the haunted restaurant that they shot this time. I don't see anything interesting with the ghost theme. Even triplets not look happy eating there, especially Mingukie, which we can saw on @chellsee last post. Sorry for saying this, I'm really not fans of horror movie, so just share my opinion. Other than the haunted restaurant I really enjoy their trip to the park & also on board on KTX to Busan. Expecting Song family will have much fun in there....

• Like 3

4. [+1,695, -87] I've always felt sorry for him also because he's the oldest. Aigoo Daehan-ah.. Song Il Gook needs to take care of him first!!!!!

WHY?? What's to be sorry about it?

-----

I already noticed his blinking from the episodes when he first had it and it was the reason when he had glasses. Hoping it's not a bother to him and he's getting used to it already, and that time will come when maybe he wouldn't need to wear one anymore. By the way, I commended before the one who chose the glasses because it suits him very well. Turned out it's SIK appa!

So cute that Minguk keeps calling their father "aboji". Minguk ajussi has really taken over him.
You can tell he wasn't fully convinced that the dinosaur was already dead. He pointed the eyes and the teeth and ran away even before their father finished talking about helping the dino to get up. Song Tyranno knows his kind very well. :P
When he recognized SIK despite the wig, I instantly thought of Haru when Tablo disguised as Santa Claus. She knew it was him and don't want him to be any other other than her father.

Look at this innocent face
nBwWmjh.jpg

Song Tyranno made his debut
f6eL6ET.gif

Envious Minguk wants to wear glasses, too.
7hWV2cW.gif

Is it so bad to say that I love Manse when he's hysterical just like on the previous episode?

and DAEBAKie
tumblr_nuhsl2eqke1qdxrpuo5_250.gif

Edited by leix_

As a kid, I didn't want to wear glasses because:

(a) I was afraid I'd get teased (I wasn't, and I doubt Daehan will either since he has his bros to back him up)

(b) It's hard being active with glasses (like rolling around and wrestling, don't get a ball to the face!)

(c) I didn't look good in them (luckily Daehan looks really good with them)

I hope he doesn't have the serious eye issues SIK has, but other than that, living with glasses is not that bad. He's adjusting well to them and he seemed happy afterwards :)

As a mom, I salute SIK that he was able to know the eye problem of his child at an early age...

Me, I only realized the problem of my eldest when he is already in school...  The teacher told me that my son needs to wear glasses.

The first time my son wore his eyeglass, I had mixed emotions... When he finally says that "Mom, you are so near!".. I almost cried... It only means that my son is leaving in darkness all those years... Atleast Daehan, will not experience what my son experienced... He will see his surroundings clearly and will enjoy the world around him!!!

Plus the fact that Daehan looks good in glasses, I guess that's why my baby Minguk also wants to wear one, he can see that his hyung looks good in it.

• Like 5

So cute that Minguk keeps calling their father "aboji". Minguk ajussi has really taken over him.

I noticed this also, among the triplets he's the only one calling his dad, "aboji"... and I find it endearing....

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images.

Look at this innocent face

One thing I love about Minguk is the way he stares ... be it person or thing... he seems to study every details of it... I wonder what he is thinking whenever he stares on something...

Song Tyranno made his debut

Proof that Minguk is already respected as a singer... Imagine, being invited to sing on stage with a singer like him... and Minguk seems to be enjoying it!  I think he is really born to be a singer/performer one day... Most of the well known singer/performer in our country, when they were interviewed, almost all of them said that they started singing/performing at age 3, like Minguk!!! I am already excited to see future Minguk performing in a big dome with a lot of screaming fans... I will be one of those fans!

Envious Minguk wants to wear glasses, too.

Sooooo cute!!!

Is it so bad to say that I love Manse when he's hysterical just like on the previous episode?

I love Manse in every episode.. he is the coolest among the triplets.. he doesn't have hang-ups at all... that's the reason why kids at his age, prefer to be near him, especially girls!

and DAEBAKie

Daebak has a lot of charms, I am already falling for him... I am excited to see him grow and react with his naughty twin sisters....

• Like 9

Daehan is probably the most athletic among the triplets (SH also recognized this). He loves swimming and running and doing outdoor stuff. So glasses will bring some complications for him esp swimming- I wonder how he will get involve in those activities (so sad). I guess he can play instruments, who knows he will find something that he loves and enjoys. 

• Like 2

Daehan is probably the most athletic among the triplets (SH also recognized this). He loves swimming and running and doing outdoor stuff. So glasses will bring some complications for him esp swimming- I wonder how he will get involve in those activities (so sad). I guess he can play instruments, who knows he will find something that he loves and enjoys. 

David Beckham has asthma. 

Michael Phelps has ADHD and glucuoma. 

Kareem Abdul Jabar had poor eyesight. 

Curtis Pride is deaf. 

all these people had handicap. all these people are successful athletes.

Our dear Daehanie hyung's life isn't about to stop just because he has poor eyesight. He will be fine. He will wear glasses when he can't see well. When he is old enough, he will wear contacts. Maybe, he can have surgery or maybe not. He will become who he wants to be and he will be happy and he will have two rascals who love him so much with him the entire time. 

I know we are all just acting and feeling on impulse and we want ONLY THE BEST and ONLY PERFECTION for our triplets but please send only positive energy to Daehan. 

Besides, just because he has poor eyesight doesn't mean he isn't perfect. Coz... you know... you have to admit no one can rock those glasses better than our Daehanie. 

tumblr_inline_nu7i32G2Nu1t1ghfy_500.jpg

• Like 10

how was the rating

TROS # 2    1N2D  #2   Happy Sunday #2

Sunday

AGB Nielsen publishes ratings of the top 20 programs around 5:45 PM EST.
Complete list of ratings are published by Korean media outlets around 7:45 PM EST.

4:50 PM                           8/30  9/06  9/13
MBC King of Mask Singer   14.3%   13.4%  14.1%
KBS Return of Superman     14.4%    14.3% 13.4%
SBS Take Care of My Dad     4.6%  5.5%       4.2%

~6:20 PM
MBC Real Men 2                 17.1%    16.5%       14.8%
KBS 1 Night 2 Days               13.0%     14.5%   13.9%
SBS Running Man                8.9%    8.7%   7.7%

Combined ratings (4:50 PM - 7:55 PM):

Aug. 30        Sept. 6       Sept. 13
MBC Sunday Night                             15.1%          14.0%        13.5%a

KBS Happy Sunday                               13.1%             13.8%            13.0%
SBS Good Sunday                                   6.5%        6.7%                   5.7%

Guest mingukiefan

teared up at moment of sik feeling so guilty because daehan needs glasses.  it must be so heartbreaking, you can take care of your child as best as you can but there are some things you cannot protect them from. cheer up song appa, daehanie still a special and bright child! glasses make him even more handsome!

triplets were so hilarious during the dinosaur scene! their cuteness is unbeatable

lQKk9eP.gif

this is my favorite from last episode! one of my fave minguk traits is how much he loves music and to see him immediately get to dancing and singing when he hears a song he likes. OH my too precious. my baby minguk this noona is so happy whenever she gets to see you. keep shining bright.