[Variety] The Return of Superman 슈퍼맨이 돌아왔다 7th anniversary NOV 2020

Today's episode was very Minguk heavy... not that I'm complaining..hehe! Hope to see more of Daehan and Manse next week!

singing is Minguk's expertise lol. Daehan is too shy I guess the only time he went all out and sang was at the etiquette school guess hes still recovering from that incident LOL.

This episode is so out of place the editing crew serious need to extend the time lot or do something about the "short" amount decreased from each family. Last time when it was 4 family each family has a story and it wrap up nicely each week now it just cut at random point until next week or we dont see. For eg lee's guest should have wrap up last week and the new family birthday party should have wrap up last week to. When they just cut stuff off like that it just feel empty and hanging. Also Jion barely get any screentime sigh

Edited by tripletsfan01
missing
  • Like 3

Guest kwave06

mingguk  can  really  sing  and  how!  he  has  the  beat  and  rhytmn  .  i  just  love  how  he taps  and  stomp  his  foot.i  didn't  see  the  entirety of    episode  92  but  i  decided  not  to  skip  ji  ohn's  portion  this  time  and  observe  her  more.  she  has  grown  tall  and  big  since  she  last  wore  that  yellow outfit.  it  is  now  too  short  for  her.  her  mom  was  commenting  in  an earlier  epi how  she  fears  she  would  grow  to  be  190  or  180(6ft)  .  she's  also  left  handed.  however  when  she  and  the  other  kids  were  being  taught  how  to  do a bibimbap  roll, she  isn't  as  well  coordinated as  the  other  2  . she  understands  instructions but  she really  has  communications  problems.  i  wonder  if  her parents  have  brought  her  back  to  the  doctor  for  follow up  or  another  evaluation.  i  only  heard  4  words from her oma, apa, de,ani,   she'll  be  ok  jsut  give her  some  more  time  .  but  her  parents  should not  be  complacent  and  make the  necessary  adjustments  right  now.

mingguk  can  really  sing  and  how!  he  has  the  beat  and  rhytmn  .  i  just  love  how  he taps  and  stomp  his  foot.i  didn't  see  the  entirety of    episode  92  but  i  decided  not  to  skip  ji  ohn's  portion  this  time  and  observe  her  more.  she  has  grown  tall  and  big  since  she  last  wore  that  yellow outfit.  it  is  now  too  short  for  her.  her  mom  was  commenting  in  an earlier  epi how  she  fears  she  would  grow  to  be  190  or  180(6ft)  .  she's  also  left  handed.  however  when  she  and  the  other  kids  were  being  taught  how  to  do a bibimbap  roll, she  isn't  as  well  coordinated as  the  other  2  . she  understands  instructions but  she really  has  communications  problems.  i  wonder  if  her parents  have  brought  her  back  to  the  doctor  for  follow up  or  another  evaluation.  i  only  heard  4  words from her oma, apa, de,ani,   she'll  be  ok  jsut  give her  some  more  time  .  but  her  parents  should not  be  complacent  and  make the  necessary  adjustments  right  now.

I think Jion is a great kid very gentle and mild. However, with her shortened screentime and Knetz are voicing that UTW needs to be taken off. I wonder if being on the show with "no/lack" improvement is a good thing or not. I bet UTW feels a lot of pressure and frustrated as a dad so I hope Jion will improve if not maybe she does not cut out for entertainment at this time. her character is almost similar to Daehan but like we see in this ep Minguk and Manse can cover for what Daehan lack it might not be a big deal for him but Jion just has herself so we need to understand and give her sometimes as well.

• Like 2

just watch for recent episode without sub :

manse didnt even sing...he only did the greeting ..hahhaa

here is my short imagination :
manse :  " pali mingukie finish this thing, i want to go out from here . so bored.
mingukie : i want to show them my real talent. let me finish this song nicely.

daehanie : i enjoy my dongsaeng singing ...they are so cute..

appa  :  " sean , can u tell me  what are the requirements to be a yg trainee?? maybe i should consider mingukie to trained here.

Edited by sharone_pink
  • Like 6

Guest kwave06

@tripletsfan01 daehan  can  talk and  is  so  charming  specially  when  he  proudly  points  to  song  il  kook  as  his  dad..  no  comparison  with  ji on  who  though  very  charming  and  cute  does  not really  speak unlike  kids  her  age. she  doesn't  communicate  or  try  to  play  with  them.  maybe  it  is  because  she  has  only  her  parents  and  4  dogs  for  everyday  companionship most  of the  time.

@tripletsfan01 daehan  can  talk and  is  so  charming  specially  when  he  proudly  points  to  song  il  kook  as  his  dad..  no  comparison  with  ji on  who  though  very  charming  and  cute  does  not really  speak unlike  kids  her  age. she  doesn't  communicate  or  try  to  play  with  them.  maybe  it  is  because  she  has  only  her  parents  and  4  dogs  for  everyday  companionship most  of the  time.

i mean as in shy. Deahan seems like he is diffcult to get close to even in the car with just their dad he seldom does role play like minguk and manse. he's very smart with what is shown so far the random things he said are hilarious and very cute but we only get those once in a full moon lol. jion and daehan seem to love animals very much so they are alike in a way.

• Like 1

I love seeing Sean with triplets. He’s very good with children and triplets seem to adore him a lot.

Minguk’s passion for singing is adorable. He seemed to be in his element when he was in the studio. I can totally see him pursuing a singing career when he grows up.

During their drive to the YG studio, it kind of saddened me to see Daehan sitting alone in the back while his brothers were having fun in the front. I know he’s not very talkative but he seemed so lonely back there. I know I’m overthinking it, he probably didn’t mind. 

• Like 6

I love seeing Sean with triplets. He’s very good with children and triplets seem to adore him a lot.

Minguk’s passion for singing is adorable. He seemed to be in his element when he was in the studio. I can totally see him pursuing a singing career when he grows up.

During their drive to the YG studio, it kind of saddened me to see Daehan sitting alone in the back while his brothers were having fun in the front. I know he’s not very talkative but he seemed so lonely back there. I know I’m overthinking it, he probably didn’t mind. 

I used to be really bothered by how little screentime Daehan gets as compared to his brothers (I love them all equally). However, I realized that Daehan is just a naturally quiet kid and that will most likely not change. Now, I honestly want him to remain that way simply because that's who he is. He seems a happy kid and that's all that matters. Yes, I can watch him "be quiet" the whole day but not everyone feels that way. We can't blame the TROS producers because their job is to make an entertaining show. Not everyone will feel happy watching Daehan do "his own thing". So I'm okay with it all. After all, there are a lot of quiet and private people who actually pursued acting or singing as a profession. Robert De Niro, Won Bin, Gary (of LeeSsang). They are all introverts and quiet. 

I am not sayiing I want him to be a celebrity. i just want him to find his passion and pursue it. I am just saying, Daehan will be okay. He will evolve and grow up. He will find a balance. Eventually, he might be able to deal with people better but for now, he is an introvert kid.

He also doesn't seem to be the kind of kid who can be "forced" into doing something he doesn't want to do. He would rather go hungry than eat something he doesn't like. the limited screentime he got in the the last episode showed him removing the headset and his father not insisting he puts it back on. he leaves when he doesn't feel he needs to be there and do his own thing. 

Of course, I still hope that TROS producers will try a little harder in making a story for Daehan. After all, they are talented producers and writers.  

On the other hand, i really think Minguk has the makings of a celebrity. He SHINES when he sings and when he gets attention. He is effortlessly charming. I can see him in the middle of Staples Center and Tokyo Dome singing and dancing driving 30,000 people crazy. Manse is just a free spirit, just not the kind that could stay put for a long time in one place. I also felt touched when he called for his big hyung Daehan. He probably realized Daehan is not getting the chance they are getting. 

Daebak, the youngest of the football athlete, seems an easy laid back kid. I love his expression when his father leave him to his own. He is like "what on earth... you're just leaving me on my own. fine. i'll go do my own thing."

So... that's it for the triplets' waterpark adventure? Will they show more next week?

• Like 9

Song Il Kook Saddened Seeing the Triplets Grow Up So Fast

Song Il Gook Saddened Seeing the Triplets Grow Up So Fast

On the recent broadcast of “Superman Returns” on August 23, Song Il Gook realizes how much the triplets have grown and starts feeling sad.

During the show, Song Il Gook and the triplets visit a water park and have the time of their lives. Afterwards, the triplets start feeling hungry so Song Il Gook buys them some hot dogs. When they’re busy eating, Song Il Gook reminisces about when Daehan, Minguk, and Manse ate hot dogs exactly one year ago and becomes sad seeing them growing up so fast.

superman returns triplets1

superman returns triplets2

He says, “How long will you guys stay in my arms. I want you to be in my arms a bit longer.”

He then asks the triplets, “Are you going to live with daddy? Even if I become old like a grandpa?” The triplets ensure him and answer, “We’re going to live with you for a long, long time.”

superman returns triplets3

superman returns triplets4

http://www.soompi.com/2015/08/23/song-il-gook-saddened-seeing-the-triplets-grow-up-so-fast/

• Like 7

O6UI87h.jpg

2) KBS HAPPY SUNDAY (SUPERMAN + 1N2D)  -1.9 %- 50 consecutive weeks stop here 

12.4% (2015.08.23  닐슨코리아 제공)

last week

14.3% (2015.08.16  닐슨코리아 제공)

14.0% (2015.08.09  닐슨코리아 제공)

14.0%(2015.08.02  닐슨코리아 제공)

16.0% (2015.07.25 닐슨코리아 제공)

14.5% (2015.07.19 닐슨코리아 제공)

======================

1) MBC  SUNDAY NIGHT NO.1 THIS WEEK 

12.7%(2015.08.23  닐슨코리아 제공)

last week

13.0%(2015.08.16  닐슨코리아 제공)

11.0% (2015.08.09  닐슨코리아 제공)

11.9% (2015.08.02  닐슨코리아 제공)

12.7%(2015.07.25 닐슨코리아 제공)

12.5% (2015.07.19 닐슨코리아 제공)

-----------------------------------------

3) SBS 'Good Sunday(TAKE CARE OF DAD & RM )

6.4%(2015.08.23  닐슨코리아 제공)

6.8%(2015.08.16  닐슨코리아 제공)

last week 

6.8%(2015.08.16  닐슨코리아 제공)

6.8% (2015.08.09  닐슨코리아 제공)

5.1% (2015.08.02  닐슨코리아 제공)

6.4%(2015.07.25 닐슨코리아 제공)

Edited by kjmcth
  • Like 2

SINGLE RATING THE RETURN OF SUPERMAN EPISODE 92  (2 WEEKS STRAIGHT LOSE TO MBC MASK KING )

2) 13.6% (2015.08.23  닐슨코리아 제공)

LAST WEEK (PG268) 

14.4% (2015.08.16  닐슨코리아 제공)

14.4%(2015.08.09  닐슨코리아 제공)

15.3%(2015.08.02  닐슨코리아 제공)

15.5% (2015.07.25 닐슨코리아제공)

============================

1) MBC MASK KING 

13.8%(2015.08.23  닐슨코리아 제공)

LAST WEEK

14.5 % (2015.08.16  닐슨코리아 제공)

13.9%(2015.08.09  닐슨코리아 제공)

13.7%(2015.08.02  닐슨코리아 제공)

14.6%(2015.07.25  닐슨코리아제공) 

==========================

3) SBS TAKE TAKE OF DAD 

4.9%(2015.08.23  닐슨코리아 제공)

LAST WEEK

5.2 % (2015.08.16  닐슨코리아 제공)

5.5%(2015.08.09  닐슨코리아 제공)

3.8% (2015.08.02  닐슨코리아 제공)

5.6%(2015.07.25  닐슨코리아제공)

======================

OVERALL SUNDAY PROGRAM 

1) MBC MASK KING     13.7 %

2) KBS THE RETURN OF SUPERMAN    13.6%

3) MBC REAL MEN FEMALE EDITION (1ST PART)  12.7 %

4) KBS 1N2D S3 EPISODE 86  - 12.6 %

5) SBS RM   8.6 %

6) SBS TAKE CARE OF DAD 4.9%

“Superman Returns” Lee Dong Gook Realizes the Difficulty of Being a Mother, Apologizes to His Wife

http://www.soompi.com/2015/08/23/superman-returns-lee-dong-gook-realizes-the-difficulty-of-being-a-mother-apologizes-to-his-wife/

On the recent episode of “Superman Returns” that aired on August 23, Lee Dong Gook, the father of five, apologizes to his wife after realizing just how difficult it is to look after multiple kids.

During the show, Lee Dong Gook and his five kids go to a meat restaurant after enjoying their time at an aquarium. He must’ve been tired because he starts digging in and shows what a true mokbang looks like.

When they return home, Lee Dong Gook spends a sweet time with the kids by reading them a story as they all gather around him.

superman returns

Although he had a great time with the kids, Lee Dong Gook can’t help smiling when his wife comes home. As soon as she enters, all the kids rush over to her and leaves Lee Dong Gook speechless.

“Did Daebak cry? Why are his eyes red?” his wife asks, and Lee Dong Gook replies, “It’s me who wants to cry.”

superman returns1

As the kids are gathered around their mother, Lee Dong Gook asks, “How did you look after five kids all this time? I want to apologize.”

Aw, that is so sweet!

Source (1)

-----------------------------

Seo Jun Takes Care of His Older Brother On “Superman Returns”

On August 23, on KBS 2TV’s “Happy Sunday- Superman Returns” Seo Junwas seen looking after his older twin brother Seo On.

On this episode, Lee Hwi Jae decided to treat Seo Joon, Seo On, and Ahn Jae Wook to some chicken soup. However, Lee Hwi Jae mistakenly added black rice instead of sweet rice into the soup, turning the soup purple.

Ahn Jae Wook caused a lot of laughter on the set as he commented after taking a sip of the soup, “Why isn’t the rice cooked?”Seojoon2

Also, as Seo Joon noticed that Seo On was too occupied with reading books to be eating dinner, he raced towards Seo On, showcasing their close relationship.

Seo Joon mumbled to Seo On “Seo On, no, food.” as he closed the book that his brother was reading. But to this, Seo On responded “No. Leave.” Causing viewers to be left in laughter at the cute interactions between the twin brothers.Seojoon1

Meanwhile, on “Superman Returns” Chu Sunghoon and his daughter Chu Sarang, Lee Hwi Jae and his twins Seo On and Seo Joon, Song Il Gook and his triplets Daehan, Minguk, Mansae, Um Tae Woong and his daughter Ji On, and Lee Dong Gook with his five children Jessi, Jaeah, Sulah, Sooah, andSiahn are currently featured on the show.

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2015/08/23/seo-jun-takes-care-of-his-older-brother-on-superman-returns/ 

========================

Chu Sung Hoon and Yano Shiho Hold A Competitive Water Sports Competition

http://www.soompi.com/2015/08/23/chu-sung-hoon-and-yano-shiho-hold-a-competitive-water-sports-competition/ 

The Chu family proved they were athletic by showing off their skills in water sports.

On the episode of KBS 2TV’s “Superman Returns” aired on August 23, the theme was “You were touching.”

For this episode, Chu Sung Hoon and Yano Shiho decide to compete against each other in watersports. Yano Shiho is especially confident about trying out water skiing as she reveals she is a pro-surfer.

Chu Sung Hoon, who is known for his athleticism, decides to try wakeboarding. Though it is his first attempt, he never lets his confident smile down. The tension between the competitive couple warns viewers that they are about to watch an intense competition.

Chu Sung Hoon starts off by wakeboarding. Though it is his first time, he easily balances himself, surprising Yano Shiho. However, his hand soon slips and he falls straight into the water as his wife laughs at him.

Yano Shiho is up next with waterskiing. She has a hard time finding balance and ends up skiing in an awkward position. Chu Sung Hoon, too, laughs at her odd body form.

Meanwhile, Sarang ends up crying in the middle of observing her parents because she thought they were drowning. Yano Shiho and Chu Sung Hoon cannot help but smile at their daughter’s endless affection.

Source (1)

• Like 4

He also doesn't seem to be the kind of kid who can be "forced" into doing something he doesn't want to do. He would rather go hungry than eat something he doesn't like. the limited screentime he got in the the last episode showed him removing the headset and his father not insisting he puts it back on. he leaves when he doesn't feel he needs to be there and do his own thing. 

Of course, I still hope that TROS producers will try a little harder in making a story for Daehan. After all, they are talented producers and writers.  

On the other hand, i really think Minguk has the makings of a celebrity. He SHINES when he sings and when he gets attention. He is effortlessly charming. I can see him in the middle of Staples Center and Tokyo Dome singing and dancing driving 30,000 people crazy. Manse is just a free spirit, just not the kind that could stay put for a long time in one place. I also felt touched when he called for his big hyung Daehan. He probably realized Daehan is not getting the chance they are getting. 

So... that's it for the triplets' waterpark adventure? Will they show more next week?

Daehan is a stubborn kid. Now before Daehan supporters attack me, him being one is not a negative thing. All kids are stubborn and I have noticed it is some instances shown. As a parent you won't force your kid if they are being stubborn especially in SIK's case that they are on camera. I think the producers rather not show him than him being shown behaving that way. SIK also said himself that Daehan is stubborn.
Same case as when he really likes something. He becomes super hyper when he's in his element, too.
Love it when he requested the DaehanMingukManse song and started bobbing his head.
I hope they can make something for Daehan, too. Let him shine, take the spotlight and not only helping his dad or his brothers.

...And for Minguk to stay quiet for some episodes. :D
Just so to stop others from complaining of too much screentime for him. Poor baby getting some backlash  for being an active and happy child.

He sure loves singing. I hope he would not be a celebrity though,but this one is irresistible.

tumblr_ntjl43ttLe1tmjt2ko6_250.gif

If he continues to be a smart person when he gets older, hopefully he can use that intelligence and his big heart to more useful and greater things. Speaking of which, did he say COME IN COME IN at the YG building? Smartypants
Not surprised that he cared for that Iron Man robot, and Manse was sweet when he apologized to it. :D

I like it when he asks Daehan and Manse if they like something, e.g. hotdogs, riding the bus
What I miss is Daehan and Minguk's conversations. When it's Manse and Minguk, they would be very imaginative with what they talk about, while with Daehan, they would talk normally but Minguk uses this cute tone, almost a teasing tone.. Example would be the 3rd X-file and he was asking him about the traffic light.

------

I like JiON's part today. I think it's good for her to be in those lessons for toddlers where she can meet other people and interact with other kids. She still doesn't interact as much but being around kids her age helps already. UTW is a such a daughter-fool, he wouldn't top smiling and laughing while watching her.

------

My new favorite is Daebak's smile when he's called. Such a bright and lovely smile!

------

The editing and cutting was so poor.  I agree, there's almost no story to other parts. Squeezing in 5 families and cutting each of their airtime short is not working for them right now. Think must be so pressured now that they're not no.1 anymore.

Edited by leix_

ROS episode 92 - the parts on Daehanie:

I don't mind how much screen time he is given, he will always be my focus and I like the way he is - observant, responsible, caring, stubborn (I interpret it as holding to his own will or principle), quiet (sometimes he gives us unexpected surprises) and etc.

akm5o53.gif

NIwNmhJ.gif

kqwTLZJ.gif

I7cmpfF.gif

25l9Nfh.gif

iaWgREF.gif

CU8676A.gif

pfqqLaf.gif

8FywmMR.gif

Gm64LYC.gif

• Like 9

ROS episode 92 - the parts on Daehanie:

I don't mind how much screen time he is given, he will always be my focus and I like the way he is - observant, responsible, caring, stubborn (I interpret it as holding to his own will or principle), quiet (sometimes he gives us unexpected surprises) and etc.

Hidden Content

I agree with you even though I do want miore screen time for daehan he s a quiet responsible young boy and I love him just he way he is and shouldn't change just for screen time whenever he does talk it is always exciting to hear what he says I love your posts He is so cute in all the picture/ gifs

• Like 6