[Variety] The Return of Superman 슈퍼맨이 돌아왔다 7th anniversary NOV 2020

I am trying my darnedest to be positive and optimistic here...

I really am..

Here we have more opportunities to see more varieties of parenting style..

Here we have more babies to adore..

But..

BUT..

BUT..

If it turns out to be a triplets farewell at the end..

I will be really sad..

Because a week without seeing the triplets..

I can't..

I just can't..

tumblr_niqiicAtCz1scnoi9o3_400.gif

Edited by tiendoank
  • Like 9

Latest update: SIK responded and official statement is that the Song family is not leaving RoS. YAY! :)

Basically SIK's side said that SIK is not leaving the show and SIK has never discussed with the production team about leaving before.  As for SIK's new drama, he is still currently in talks whether to join the new drama (still negotiating terms I think). 

(source: http://www.allthatstar.com/view.php?action=304&postID=110629)

p/s The K-nets had a mini meltdown today (about the possibility of Song triplets leaving) when news of the new family joining came out so i think that's why SIK's side responded.

• Like 11

Latest update: SIK responded and official statement is that the Song family is not leaving RoS. YAY! :)

Basically SIK's side said that SIK is not leaving the show and SIK has never discussed with the production team about leaving before.  As for SIK's new drama, he is still currently in talks whether to join the new drama (still negotiating terms I think). 

(source: http://www.allthatstar.com/view.php?action=304&postID=110629)

p/s The K-nets had a mini meltdown today (about the possibility of Song triplets leaving) when news of the new family joining came out so i think that's why SIK's side responded.

Thanks for this piece of GOOD news!

dOssLJk.gif

• Like 9

Guest Iu Starz

i hope this is not like 'testing water', they are looking for the responds from viewer first...who knows they have plan for current member to leave and use this new family as a warm up..well see how it goes

i hope this is not like 'testing water', they are looking for the responds from viewer first...who knows they have plan for current member to leave and use this new family as a warm up..well see how it goes

agree.. just like before Jang Brother leaving the show, ROS make a scenario that the Jang Family come visit friend's house in Busan ( I still can't remember the family name). That family should replace Jang Family, right? But something came up with the politic activity what-so-ever, so they've been canceled and replaced by Triplets. Is this how it's going to work? The new family appeared as the twin's guest and now becoming special guest turn to be a regular cast one day. 

Mmmh.. interesting! 

• Like 2

Koreaboo translated an article from Naver with almost 2000 comments and 16000+ up votes (the same one as from allthatstar that was posted earlier). It says that Lee Dong Guk is not confirmed yet and that KBS really wants triplets to stay but it's Song Il Gook's choice. Most of the top comments say that if triplets leave then the rating will drop severely. KBS is sure aware of that. 

http://www.koreaboo.com/news/triplets-may-not-return-to-the-program-superman-returns/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0002632485

Edited by miree_stv
  • Like 6

As much as I would like for the triplets to stay, if SIK decides to leave the show I will trust his decision as he's proven that his parenting puts the kids well being as a priority. There's a lot of things we don't know surrounding their family life and just having very high profile parents (and the triplets are just as high profile now as well), I can only imagine the challenges that situation brings.

Going back to the sikhye incident, I wasn't disappointed with how SIK handled it. He did run to the rescue and while he comforted Mingukie, he didn't dwell too much on what happened, jolting Minguk back into his jolly old self. I also noticed how instead of giving them more money to buy another cup of sikhye, he opened up one of the cups and split the full cup into two. Lesson being that while it was an accident that the sikhye was spilled, it was also wasteful so Minguk would have to share his cup with his brother. These are the things I will miss about this family.

• Like 14

Guest vvpal
Received my copy of the Jeju Photo Book today. Lots of beautiful photos, especially the Sarang-Manse romance, which brings a big smile on this noona's face.

And yes, with a new family joining the show, I'm even more convinced one of our current families will leave.  My bet is on the triplets but I won't be upset if it's JiOn.

first time i read the title news about new family join the show, i was like "so which family leaving ?" n then i read the content that no current family leaving "are u sure?" ... well.. i think its like test the water kinda drama... kkk

true or not... i believe that song appa will make wise decission... 

If the ttriplets really leave the show for sure, n that will be shaken kvariety world... n will put big pressure to the new family... but i hope the viewers will respect song appa decission no matter what... 

• Like 4

Call me paranoid, call me a drama addict, call me over thinker but I feel like they are testing the water to get the public to like the new family so that once the Song decide to leave, they can still keeping their power rating up with the new family.

Honestly when I heard an additional family, my mind went overdrive that they'll be the Song replacement. Even though Song II Gook said they're staying, he's still negotiating on the drama and the triplets are going to school soon so they're definitely going to end it soon.

This feel more like KBS doing this so that it won't be a big loss for the shows since they got a new family member that may be eventually love by the public.

This is just in my opinion. Again I might over think it but I started to watch the shows because I'm a fan of Song Il Gook and ended falling in love with his family so if they go, I go too :D it's not that I don't love the other family but the Song got a hold of my heart too tightly.

• Like 10

Guest leix_

Confused here. So the new family has not been confirmed yet, although from the first news it seems like it is already. Is this news more of a test also as to how people will respond? Well, the result is that there is no one against the new family joining but only worry for the Song family exiting the show and the screen time for each family. Of course I don't want them to but I am with some of you here that Song family will only be on RoS this year.

If the new family indeed is cast on the show, I think this is the same as a new show given a pilot episode and see how people respond. If it's good, it becomes a regular, just like how RoS was. It probably is also move from KBS to increase the ratings gap between RoS and Mask King. Difference of 1% is almost nothing.

EDIT:

Aww! Congrats! Hope we get a clearer picture. Daehan and Manse look very excited, Minguk looks curious.

Edited by leix_

I don’t have anything against the new family (I’m sure they’re lovely) but I hate the fact that they’re joining now when all four families are still in. Everybody’s screen time will shorten, especially triplets' as they have the longest segment. I also think that KBS is trying to replace triplets with the new family, not because they want to (as triplets are the most popular kids on the show) but because they don’t have any other option if they want to keep up the rating when triplets leave (we all know that will happen soon). It’s an obvious strategic move from KBS but I still think it would have been better if they waited for triplets to leave before adding a new family. 

Edited by Miree
  • Like 5

Guest aliadotmo_

Agree with the "testing water" scenario.
However I really doubt that 1+1+2+3+5=12 kids to share the air time will make the show more fun and watchable...
And to be honest, I really think what KBS should worry is they are running out of good new ideas rather than cute babies.

I will respect sik & wife's decision.... Even they wanted the triplets to leave.... I will think all parents wanted the best for their children... So i will think sik & wife want the triplets to have a good time in playing & study too... So if they really leave, please respect them. Dont blame KBS not keeping them, they are not in fault too... 

Will continue to watch ROS as started from the VERY BEGINNING! Watched the twins & sarang grow.... Now the twins started to talk more!!! So stay on & watch... To me ROS is very good variety show....

Above just my comment... And let's wait for sik's confirmation.....

• Like 4

I m not ready to farewell with triplet. Uri Daehanie, urie mingukie and urie manse-ahh...not yet please.
i watch ROS only after they joined the show..eventhough now i found the twins also fascinated, but it's going to be much much different without the triplet. their interaction is the best one and we learn a lot form them

• Like 5

“Superman Returns” PD Says They Do Not Know If Song Il Kook Will Step Down From the Show

“Superman Returns” PD Says They Do Not Know If Song Il Gook Will Step Down From the Show

After confirming that a new family will be joining the show, “Superman Returns” producer Kang Bong Kyu announced that the show cannot be having any of its current families leave.

During a call with news site MyDaily, PD Kang Bong Kyu said, “Lee Dong Gook has decided to appear on the show, but due to his schedule, he cannot participate regularly like the other parents. So we are currently in a situation where the current members cannot step down.”

He continued, “Many people are wondering if a family will be leaving with the addition of Lee Dong Gook, but currently, Lee Dong Gook can only participate in limited ways. He needs to take days off to shoot for the show. We think it may be difficult for him to be a regular on the program.”

Regarding Song Il Kook, who was earlier reported to be possibly stepping down from “Superman Returns” to be part of KBS‘ drama “Jang Young Sil,” the producer commented, “As of now, he has not talked to us about the drama or stepping down from the show,” adding, “I am also curious to see what decision Song Il Kook will make.”

He further stated that he would like to continue working with Song Il Kook and the triplets. “Truthfully, I do want to continue working with him. This is probably the same for our staff and the viewers. However, it all depends on the decision Song Il Gook will make.”

http://www.soompi.com/2015/07/14/superman-returns-pd-says-they-do-not-know-if-song-il-gook-will-step-down-from-the-show

Edited by Chellsee
  • Like 5

In as much as I'd hate for SIK and the triplets to leave (just thinking of it makes me cry), I'd respect his decision...I'll just think of it as a chance for the triplets to return to their normal lives and have a normal childhood. If not anytime soon I think they'd leave by the end of this year. 

Oh well, I'll just keep rewatching all their episodes...I can't believe they're growing up so fast!!!!

• Like 7