[Variety] The Return of Superman 슈퍼맨이 돌아왔다 7th anniversary NOV 2020

Chu Sarang’s Mom, Yano Shiho, Tears Up Over Her Surprise Birthday Event on “Superman Returns”

Chu Sarang’s Mom, Yano Shiho, Tears Up Over Her Surprise Birthday Event on “Superman Returns”

The July 12 episode of KBS 2TV’s “Superman Returns” featured Chu Sarang and Chu Sung Hoon preparing a surprise for Yano Shiho‘s birthday. Together, they wrote a letter in a large sketch book, like the one that Yano Shiho had made for Chu Sung Hoon’s comeback match a while ago.

sarang2

When Yano Shiho saw the letter that her husband and her daughter had made together, she was so surprised and started crying. Although she was trying to stop crying, there were more surprises for her. Chu Sarang sang “happy birthday” for her mother, and presented her with a large bouquet of flowers. After smiling for a brief moment, Yano Shiho started crying again.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/07/12/chu-sarangs-mom-yano-shiho-tears-up-over-her-surprise-birthday-event-on-superman-returns/

Edited by Chellsee
  • Like 5

Guest Ranaaa

@kjmcth, many thanks for the links weekly.

I also noticed this week KBSWorld uploaded 85 earlier than usual but no 83 and 84. 

About the 1 week deal, KBSWorld is able to release the program early with soft subs only.  This means we'll loose the hard subs (such as Epi 85).  If we download the program, we won't get the subs.  Aigoo!  This is very disappointed.

@KonaBeans  Thank you for mentioning Epi 85 of KBSWorld doesn't have the hard sub. I just downloaded Epi 84 from the link below and it had hard sub:

http://www.dramaonline.us/drama-info/the-return-of-superman.html

I thought it may be of any help to you or any other friends. It seems to have both medium and high qualities of the videos available.

Shiho is adorable. She gets teary real easy and every time there is a touching moment she cries haha. Sometimes i enjoyed watching her more than Sarang. 

Seojun and Seoun is getting crazily cute these days. Their expressions are just too much, i giggled all the time. Seojun in particular is really smart. Oh, how I love smart kids <3

And i swear, Minguk is the cutest, most adorable baby I've ever seen. Turning from happy to panicking to crying in seconds, so cute. Minguk trying to hold all three bottles makes me wanna help him so bad. And I love how Manse run to Minguk when he heard him cried. While Daehan is best when it comes to taking care of SIK, Minguk and Manse are best when it comes to interacting with strangers and dinosaur ahjussis. They're all mature and thoughtful in different ways because they have different personalities.  

• Like 15

This scene:

CJy5EVsUMAETsBA.jpg

I watched the latest ep raw so pretty much everything went over my head, but then someone pointed this out. Minguk knows it's King Sejong's picture on the bill. And I was like, just what kind of 3.5 y.o baby knows historical figure like that? Did he learn history already? Like, seriously? Can he just, uh, be my son maybe? I'd love to have a son like him one day. Just. Wow.

• Like 21

Guest leix_

Last episode, Minguk was the hyung. :wub: He showed his dependaple & responsible side, but still the smart & caring Mingukie. He wasn't distracted with the other things even when Daehan was and did his errands successfully even with a few mishaps. 

Always find it cute how he calls Daehan (also Manse) with the same tone his parents uses, like someone with authority. Plus, he also uses adult expressions which makes him 100x more adorable than he already is.

I was also surprised he knows about King Sejong already. Though not surprised that he was able to eat all those fried chicken.:rolleyes:

Manse boy still the best giver of laughs for me. His cheekiness is endless.

Did you all notice how JiOn got so big? Still adorable but so big now. She would be adorable when the can talk more because she is a smartie, too.

Seoeon is Minguk's competitor.

I'm watching Sarang's segment for her parents. I find them more interesting than Sarang these days.:mellow:

New Family with Two Sets of Twins to Join “Superman Returns!”

lee-dong-gook-superman-returns.jpg

http://www.soompi.com/2015/07/13/new-family-with-two-sets-of-twins-to-join-superman-returns/  

It has been revealed that “Superman Returns” will be welcoming a brand new family to the show!

On July 14, a representative of KBS’ variety department confirmed, “Lee Dong Gook will be joining ‘Superman Returns.’ None of the other families will be leaving the show. We will continue with a five-family structure.”

Lee Dong Gook is a soccer player and a father of five children, including two sets of twins. He tied the know with his wife, Lee Soo Jin, in December of 2005, and in August of 2007, the couple had their first set of twin daughters. Then, in July of 2013, they had another set of twin daughters. After having two sets of twin daughters, Lee Dong Gook and his wife welcomed their youngest son into the world last year.

It has been revealed that Lee Dong Gook and his kids have already taken part in filming for the show.

Meanwhile, “Superman Returns” currently consists of Song Il Gook and his triplet sons, Lee Hwi Jae and his twin sons, Chu Sung Hoon and his daughter Sarang, and Uhm Tae Woong and his daughter Ji Ohn.

What are your thoughts on the addition of this new family?

Source (1) (2)

====================

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Dong-gook

instagram https://instagram.com/dglee20/ 

======================

for me  kbs added new exciting family into this show for viewers not changed another channel & this show maintain no.1 for their slot  .. becoz mbc   mask king always trending every week on naver-daum (trending 1-2 day after broadcast ) ++ rating always up  see latest rating  this show 16.3 % ..  

Edited by kjmcth
  • Like 4

Guest mingukiefan

i love this recent episode so much minguk and the drinks was such an adorable funny moment but my heart broke when he started crying. he's such a sweet and cute boy and so smart. i just love minguk so much.

• New Family with Two Sets of Twins to Join “Superman Returns!”

hmmm...though they deny any of the existing family would be leaving, I doubt it's true.  As someone on Baidu pointed out, the segments for each family is already insufficient, adding another family will really dilute the time given to the current ones.

• Like 1

Guest mingukiefan

hmm having a new family is interesting i wonder if the triplets wont be doing much anymore so they'll have less airtime and they need new family to pick up remaining airtime :(

My guess is either Sarang's family is leaving or the triplets will be bowing out. Clutching my heart! :( I remember Lee Dongguk from his guesting at 1n2d back when he was still in-laws with Eun Jiwon. Didn't realise he was a father of 5 kids! Beautiful family! Reminds me of Sean from Jinusean.

• Like 1

I guess this new family has a lot of potentials to be explored. Families consist of two sets of twin daughters are pretty hard to find. We've seen brotherly love of different kinds with the twins and the triplets. What we have yet to see is love and bonds between sisters. On top of that, they have a baby brother so it will be interesting to see how they take care of him. But gosh, five kids. I wonder how they will divide the air time now if they insist on 5 families structure. This is as risky as it is full of potentials. I think the editing team has to work extra hard to make their segment not messy and not all over the place. Highlighting 5 different kids' personalities and their father's and make it into neat and interesting story is no easy feat. I wish TROS the best. I just hope they won't take my twins and triplets away from me :tears:

• Like 3

This scene:

I watched the latest ep raw so pretty much everything went over my head, but then someone pointed this out. Minguk knows it's King Sejong's picture on the bill. And I was like, just what kind of 3.5 y.o baby knows historical figure like that? Did he learn history already? Like, seriously? Can he just, uh, be my son maybe? I'd love to have a son like him one day. Just. Wow.

I know, right?! He is super super genius, I might say. With him as dinosaur professor, he is now expand his knowledge to some historical lesson. Song parents are a great example in parenting. 

New Family with Two Sets of Twins to Join “Superman Returns!”

http://www.soompi.com/2015/07/13/new-family-with-two-sets-of-twins-to-join-superman-returns/  

It has been revealed that “Superman Returns” will be welcoming a brand new family to the show!

On July 14, a representative of KBS’ variety department confirmed, “Lee Dong Gook will be joining ‘Superman Returns.’ None of the other families will be leaving the show. We will continue with a five-family structure.”

I'm glad that none of other families will be leaving :sweatingbullets:

hmm having a new family is interesting i wonder if the triplets wont be doing much anymore so they'll have less airtime and they need new family to pick up remaining airtime :(

My thought exactly. I guess if Song appa decided to take the drama offer, less screen time of the triplets might help his schedule a little bit. Although I don't really like this less screen time idea, but I'm glad the triplets still in the show. I just hope they still get a chance to do various activities. 

• Like 3

I agree with you @justsomegirl, two sets of twins and a baby brother has lots of potential. However, since the first set of twin girls were born in 2007, they are 8 years old now (Korean age) so they might not come into the picture. Maybe the other set of twin girls and the baby brother. Still, it would be great to see how the family copes with them. An only child could already be a handful, as we can see from Sarang and Ji On. Double the struggle for Hwi Jae and his twins. But I do have very high regard for Song Il Gook for continuing to manage his triplets, and they are all happy, healthy and smart. I do keep in mind the things I learn from his parenting techniques. And like most of you, I would like to see more of the triplets.

• Like 3

My guess is either Sarang's family is leaving or the triplets will be bowing out. Clutching my heart! :( I remember Lee Dongguk from his guesting at 1n2d back when he was still in-laws with Eun Jiwon. Didn't realise he was a father of 5 kids! Beautiful family! Reminds me of Sean from Jinusean.

I think you're right. Either Sarang or the triplets will leave the show gradually. Sarang is getting old now. And it's about time that SIK returns to acting (though I will miss the triplets terribly).

• Like 3

I agree with you @justsomegirl, two sets of twins and a baby brother has lots of potential. However, since the first set of twin girls were born in 2007, they are 8 years old now (Korean age) so they might not come into the picture. Maybe the other set of twin girls and the baby brother. Still, it would be great to see how the family copes with them. An only child could already be a handful, as we can see from Sarang and Ji On. Double the struggle for Hwi Jae and his twins. But I do have very high regard for Song Il Gook for continuing to manage his triplets, and they are all happy, healthy and smart. I do keep in mind the things I learn from his parenting techniques. And like most of you, I would like to see more of the triplets.

I agree totally with your viewpoints, there is uniqueness of Song family due to triplets whilst the other two families (including the new comer) are having only twins. And for the new comer, I do not think the elder twins will appear much in ROS, there is not much attraction for children at their age.

I rather believe the addition of new comer is to enable Song Il Gook to have more time for his new drama, which means the triplets will still remain in ROS (at least till end 2015). KBS would not be sacrificing its viewers rate by taking away Song family at this point of time.

To be frank, I watch ROS only because of Song triplets (paying attention to Seoeon and Seojun nowadays), so KBS please keep on with Song family...

ZzopOCm.jpg

• Like 3

New families will mean less airtime for my lovely triplets :tears::tears::tears:! So sad.  I look forward to the triplets time w appa sik n love to hear their mom on the phone w them. Sunday ros will not be so swell for me anymore.the conversations the twins have are quite funny! 

Edited by winterfan1
  • Like 3

KBS knew that if Triplets suddenly leave the show it would be drop the rating so they come up with new scenario : Let the new family with 5 children join in! They may be steal the attention of the viewers and slowly get over with Triplets. 

YOU WISH KBS!! YOU WISH!!!!!

Daehan Minguk Manse + Song Il Kook + Song family's parenting guide + their cuteness and adorable smart good manner kids = Irreplaceable casts. Note that. 

Although KBS said there's no family will leave the show, it's just reminds me of how YG said that Haru and Tablo's leaving the show is just rumor. It's not fair to think that Song family only joins the show for a year or so and they have to leave. I have been watching  Sarang and the twins from the beginning but they can't steal my attention from Song Triplets. No offense, but if there's a family should leave i think it's another family (can't mention it here, if you know what i mean). 

I know there will be a time when the casts will leave one by one, but not now. As what i learned from KBS's Drama The Produce : for variety show there's no applause for an ending. The ending will come when there's no one will give applause anymore. Better to get off while you're still at the top, wise man said. But i don't know.. i just can't face that reality. 

KBS, you should really think hard before let go the Song Family. At least, consider to make a new show for the Triplets like " The Adventure of Daehan Minguk Manse" or whatever. That would be a win win solution for everyone, i hope. yes?

Sorry.. i just carried away by this so-called-emotion. 

Edited by vieryo
adding some few words
  • Like 12

I went to check other news sites and it looks like it's not KBS who wants to let go of Song family.

According to one article, the RoS PD said that the new family is not likely to be a fixed cast, because they have problems fixing filming schedule as the dad can only film during his days off.  

The PD also said that they have not heard from SIK about wanting to leave the show because of drama filming yet. He said the production and audience all wanted very much for the Song family to continue on the show, but "the biggest problem now is SIK's own decision."

(source: http://www.allthatstar.com/view.php?action=304&postID=110557)

• Like 5