[Variety] The Return of Superman 슈퍼맨이 돌아왔다 7th anniversary NOV 2020

winterfan1 said:  I personally do not think it is an issue with addressing each other properly. In asian culture, its a way of showing respect to the ones that is older than us. It is interesting that minggukie is sometimes fought w manse over toys but he never does that w deahanie n normally gives in to his older bro. I think sik n wifey wants to impart good traditional value of respect to the elders and honor. I love this family. Glad they are on the show n i value every episode because as i say earlier, one day they will also exit the show.

He’s the speaker among the triplets.
The ways he speaks is super cute.
He’s taking care his brothers, even not as much as Daehan’s, but he seems like a lovable person, indeed!
I don’t mind when he ate that much, I love his expressions when he was eating. But chewing slowly Minguk-ah

It's interesting what words say about a culture. There is no equivalent word for brother or sibling (i.e. without stating rank) in Korean I believe - the only word available to refer to each other if not by name is by hyung or dongsaeng. Hence LHJ also regularly refers to hyung or dongsaeng when talking to the twins about each other. E.g. if he wants to ask SJ "where is your brother?" there's no other word for him to use other than hyung. And in LHJ's case he doesn't emphasise much on the responsibilities of a hyung.

Correct me if I'm wrong about no equivalent word for brother in Korean but this is the case for Malay culture too. No equivalent for brother or sister. We have one word for hyung/oppa (no gender differentiation for the one doing the addressing) and one word for noona/eonni. And similarly our word for dongsaeng is gender neutral.

in my opinion i don't think the teacher was that harsh with minguk. from what i got just by watching the raw version (again i dont understand korean) he told minguk not to do it nicely the first time. he went away to help another child and came back and saw minguk painting the floor again. and minguk though it was funny. so that was when he raised his voice a little. i never saw him smack minguk's hands with the stick. he was hitting the table i think to tell minguk to put the brush down...and il gook was smiling too when minguk was getting scolded. and plus when minguk's tears started falling the teacher felt so bad...i dont think his intention was to make minguk cry that hard but to tell him it was wrong to paint on the floor...he even hugged minguk, wiped his tears off his face, and gave him candy....but even after they ate all was forgotten. they were smiling and laughing. i dont think any harm was done...if il gook thought his kids were being harmed in any way he would have stopped all activities. and remember these activities are planned by the parents not the PDs.....some activities one triplet enjoyed more than his brothers...i highly doubt they would be traumatized by any of these activities. and plus their dad was there by their side to always encourage them...