[Variety] The Return of Superman 슈퍼맨이 돌아왔다 7th anniversary NOV 2020

Guest MauiKawaii

Someone earlier wrote that they thought Minguk looked the best with the short haircut. Don't know about the best but since he has such sparse hair, it suits him best to have the short hair, like a buzz cut so that the lack of hair isn't as noticeable. The other2 have lots of hair, esp. Manse so they can wear hairstyles that are longer and styled.

I still skip over, fast forward Jion''s parts of the show cuz I just don't find her or her family to be interesting.

Im liking the twins more and more, they are fun to watch and unpredictable.

The soccer family - yeah, maybe the appa doesn't scold the girls when they do bad things because of the camera but that's not good parenting. The older twins don't seem spoiled so maybe the younger girls will turn out alright anyway.

Edited by MauiKawaii

super love this week's episode. Favorite moment is when Manse takes care of Daebak. With him having being the maknae in the family amongst both Daehan and Minguk, it's so endearing to see Manse really taking over the hyung role and take care of Daebak. 

• Like 5

I'm so curious about ji on segment in this episode. I don't understand that part where her parents met what i assumed an expert on parenting or child development. It was so sad  to see ji on crying her eyes out & throwing tantrum till she exhaust herself and fall asleep. I know it's probably what's best for ji on but seeing her cried like that and her parents trying to hold back their tears was so heart breaking. Looking forward to english sub so i can understand what that session was all about. Ji On progress through out the shows has been so interesting to watch. She's talking a lot now & making long sentences too. So happy to see that...

• Like 3

I'm so curious about ji on segment in this episode. I don't understand that part where her parents met what i assumed an expert on parenting or child development. It was so sad  to see ji on crying her eyes out & throwing tantrum till she exhaust herself and fall asleep. I know it's probably what's best for ji on but seeing her cried like that and her parents trying to hold back their tears was so heart breaking. Looking forward to english sub so i can understand what that session was all about. Ji On progress through out the shows has been so interesting to watch. She's talking a lot now & making long sentences too. So happy to see that...

it is recommended by child psychologists that at a certain age, children should learn how to soothe themselves to sleep. it is to teach them independence. if they cry and they are not hungry, diapers are ok and they are not sick, parents, at one point, should just leave them to pu themselves to sleep. 

it is heartbreaking but it's one way to learn independence. IT'S NOT THE ONLY WAY, but one effective way. 

Edited by klent
  • Like 2

Minguk and Sooah's interactions have the makings of a toddler RomCom. She follows him around, a nicely dressed older boy. He's oblivious to (or dismissive of?) her attentions. Her brother grabs him by the shirt collar. He pays attention to another girl (her sister!).  When he finally makes a move, she rejects his kiss. 

You know, I kinda ship it now. LOL. Minguk/Sooah = OTP. I hope those two adorable kids grow up and date each other in Song-Do High (or whatever). :) 

Edited by ameliabedelia_stv
  • Like 5

I was about to quote @klent's post but I changed my mind because I dont need to quote but I dont know how to delete the quote's format lol.

I know Daehan is kind of introvert person, but I said "sometimes" I felt he was lonely. One of my cousin is introvert too, and she also said she felt lonely at some moments despite that she is ok and comfortable with her own world. And I personally think that brothers/sisters are close enough to share embracing/hugging even one of them is introvert type. It is not like among strangers or crowd. 

Anyway I gotta stop talking about how I feel about Daehan, love is blind - reason is no meaning. And I dont want to let many Mingukie's/Manse's fans misunderstand that Mingukie/Manse  are not in my heart  :lol: 

maybe he feels lonely sometimes but even extroverts feel lonely sometimes. maybe it's not about being an introvert or extrovert. it's just a part of it. just maybe. i commented on it not because i wanted to antagonize you. it's just that there is always this stigma that Daehan is isolated or lonely or not as close to to his two brothers are or whatever. He is just an introvert but he is fine. just as fine as the other two are.  

i also observed how his two brothers really look up to him as a hyung and also look after him. Minguk and Manse both offer Daehan food all the time. they let him have what he wants in the VERY RARE TIMES he asks for some things. in that famous ice cream sharing scene. Daehan asked Minguk for a heart and it showed Daehan really wanted some so Minguk let him have it. after that, Daehan was quiet again. during that time when they went to a baking class, Minguk asked Daehan what Dino shape he wanted and Manse simply let Daehan what he wanted. Manse and Minguk offered Daehan food in ep 98. 

They know that their brother is quiet and needs personal space. they have developed their own way of reassuring Daehan they want him around without invading his personal space. when Daehan is in the mood to play and be all crazy, they dote at him. they copy what Daehan does. that's exactly how introverts should be treated if you go back to those illustrations i posted. reassure them you want them around but don't invade his personal space.

his two brothers get Daehan and i feel that after more than a year, we all should get him too by now. 

things i noticed in ep 99:

1. i see the effort of the producers in giving the triplets some equality. Daehan is known for being a sports guy and Minguk as the smart one but the last several episodes, Daehan's academic knowledge has been highlighted as he talks about PROBABLY new things he learns in school like the funnel of the octopus and others. this week, the producers highlighted  Minguk's soccer skills. Daehan is the first one to pick up and the one consistently playing but they focused on Minguk to emphasize that each of the triplets are well-rounded. on the other hand, Manse who is known for being the Maknae is taking care of someone the way Daehan and Minguk take care of him. 

2. Although there is a sweet moment between Daehan and one of the Lee twins, i feel like he was being brotherly. On the other hand, i feel there is kiddie romance between Minguk and one of the Lee middle twins. LOL

3. it was cute how Minguk moved to sit beside his two brothers on the sofa when they were waiting for some ice cream. He was in between the Lee twins and then jumped over to be beside Daehan and Manse. 

4.  it was nice to see Song Appa find someone with the same athletic interests as he does. Sung Hoon is a professional athlete too but with one child, the "cute chaos" was not equal. with the middle twins and Daebak, Lee Appa seems a perfect match with Song Appa. 

5. Minguk didn't cry when Manse crashed into him and when he tripped on the field. Minguk used to whine a lot. He has grown up and mature. In both occasions, he stood up and moved on. Our Mingukie is a tough boy now. 

I wonder if Song Il Kook would ever get a dog. Hmmmm 

Edited by klent
  • Like 8

RATING HAPPY SUNDAY (ONLY THE RETURN OF  SUPERMAN AIRED + LATE BROADCAST + 1N2D NOT BROADCAST THIS WEEK   )  NO. 1 

18.0% ( 151011)  +5.1% COMPARED LAST WEEK 

LAST WEEK 12.9%(151004 ) 

====================

2) MBC SUNDAY NIGHT (MASK KING + REAL MEN )

14.1%( 151011)

LAST WEEK 

13.7%(151004 )

====================

3) SBS GOOD SUNDAY 

8.4%( 151011)

LAST WEEK

6.3%(151004 )

=================

• Like 6

Manse Tries His Hand at Child Care On “Superman Returns”

Manse Tries His Hand at Child Care On “Superman Returns”

On the October 11 broadcast of KBS 2TV’s “Superman Returns,” the triplets Daehan, Minguk, and Manse went to the park with twins Seol Ah, Soo Ah, and baby Daebak (Shi Ahn).

During the outing, Song Il Gook’s trademark “train” drew interest from passersby with six kids instead of three. The triplets had a lot of fun on the train, encouraging their struggling father, while Seol Ah and Soo Ah sat wide-eyed at the unfamiliar transportation.

In the park, while Daehan and Minguk ran to help the fallen Seol Ah, Manse gave little Daebak a flurry of kisses. He then went on to push his stroller all around the park.

At one point, he went too fast and ran into his brother Minguk. Luckily, no one was hurt and Minguk walked away without a scratch. Manse showed his maturity by asking Daebak, “Are you okay? Did I go too fast?” For the rest of the ride, he was careful to ask the baby where he wanted to go and sing him songs.

“Superman Returns” airs every Sunday at 4:50 KST.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/10/11/manse-tries-his-hand-at-child-care-on-superman-returns/

• Like 7

in ji  ohn's  portion,  they  showed  an  earlier  footage  where  she  was  banging  the  walls  of  the  restaurant  with  her  fork  and  spoon instead  of  eating.  sometimes,  she  can  be  so  bratty  throwing  things  around  maybe  because  she's  an  only  child  at  this  point  and  everything  is  give  her  her  parents  should  be  commended  by  going  to  experts  to  confront  her  problems i.e.  lagging  in  sociability  and  most  importantly  language.  i  still  think  her  parents  should   let  her  spend  less  time  with their  doigs.  i  haven't  seen  her  use  chopsticks  unlike  the  lee  twins.  but  she  did  improve  a  lot  compared  to  several  months  back.

i  enjoyed  the  interaction of  the  twins . d aebak  and  the  triplets.  also  sarang's  portion  is  so  funny  and  she  really  wants  to  win  everytime.  can't  wait  for  the  subbed episode

• Like 1

Guest ManseCutie

CRCDpBYWoAAqbmD.png

So sweet, Manse. I love that Manse is a carefree, fun, daring, independent little guy but he is also so sensitive and kind. Love him!Embedded image permalink

Edited by ManseCutie
put another pic in

Minguk and Sooah's interactions have the makings of a toddler RomCom. She follows him around, a nicely dressed older boy. He's oblivious to (or dismissive of?) her attentions. Her brother grabs him by the shirt collar. He pays attention to another girl (her sister!).  When he finally makes a move, she rejects his kiss. 

You know, I kinda ship it now. LOL. Minguk/Sooah = OTP. I hope those two adorable kids grow up and date each other in Song-Do High (or whatever). :) 

I am down with this ship. :D
This is just so cute. Jealous SoAh. The look on Minguk's face on this 2nd gif is priceless.
tumblr_nw27tsZqur1tmjt2ko6_250.giftumblr_nw27tsZqur1tmjt2ko7_250.gif

I like SoAh and JaeAh more (but love them all) and this makes me so happy. I couldn't stop giggling while watching their interaction. It's very seldom that Triplets interact with kids their age or younger and when they do, it's usually Manse who has the most interaction on the show, and now seeing this with Minguk and his defeated face is something new.

I thought the Minguk-Daebak interaction would be enough for me on this episode, but was given something more. 

things i noticed in ep 99:

1. i see the effort of the producers in giving the triplets some equality. Daehan is known for being a sports guy and Minguk as the smart one but the last several episodes, Daehan's academic knowledge has been highlighted as he talks about PROBABLY new things he learns in school like the funnel of the octopus and others. this week, the producers highlighted  Minguk's soccer skills. Daehan is the first one to pick up and the one consistently playing but they focused on Minguk to emphasize that each of the triplets are well-rounded. on the other hand, Manse who is known for being the Maknae is taking care of someone the way Daehan and Minguk take care of him. 

5. Minguk didn't cry when Manse crashed into him and when he tripped on the field. Minguk used to whine a lot. He has grown up and mature. In both occasions, he stood up and moved on. Our Mingukie is a tough boy now.

1.  I commend the editors and producers for finally doing this.
That's a good observation on their focus on DH & MG, btw.
I do believe they focused on Minguk because he was the one who showed more interest on LDG playing with the ball.  He watched and asked like how he usually is. He had interaction.
After that triathlon selection, it was shown already that Minguk is actually athletic and has a good body coordination. I don't know if anyone noticed when they were with the Twins, he rode his bike going down with his feet up - he had a good balance with the bike. (I think this was on the preview). While Daehan is the adventurous type, he likes outdoors (climbing, running) and water but not necessarily interested in sports, just like how Manse loves running but not those that involve other things like scooter or ball.

5. I know I smiled when Manse said sorry. It was very clear and sincere.

-----

I am so proud of JiOn. The way she's talking  a lot now makes me want to show it to those who bashed her before.
Always looking forward to her improvement.
And same goes for SeoEon. He and SeoJun and their interaction with each other is just too adorable.

-----

Producers must be very happy of that 5% jump on the ratings. Congrats!

Edited by leix_

Guest mingukiefan

minguk being sweet with the little twin girls and daebak!

minguk playing football!

i loved it!

i thought minguk is just my baby spice but he is also a sporty spice! Cute lovable minguk always surprises and keeps on being amazing! We love you Minguk! Fighting!