[Hong Kong TVB Drama 2013] The Hippocratic Crush II On Call 36小時II

sugarplum892

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="font-weight: 300; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.3; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"TVB Rating Report (12/09/2013 - 12/15/2013)Source: KuangaiTVBTranslated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net
DramasThe Hippocratic Crush II Finale - ON CALL 36小時II大結局 (EPS 29-30) (SUNDAY) - 30 PTS (Peaking at 31 PTS)
Bounty Lady - MY盛LADY (EPS 11-15) - 29 PTS (Peaking at 30 PTS) (Lowest 27 PTS)
The Hippocratic Crush II - ON CALL 36小時II (EPS 24-28) - 26 PTS (Peaking at 28 PTS) (Lowest 23 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 - 24 PTS ___________________ class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Tavia & the Audience Laughed At Kenneth Ma's 'Coma Look' in On Call 2 FinaleMonday December 16, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

The Hippocratic Crush II finale was broadcast on Sunday night and the cast watched the finale with the audience at the mall. At the event, Tavia Yeung and Kenneth Ma were voted as the "Most Liked Couple". Tavia cried while watching the finale, she said she cries easily. The audience cheered when Kenneth woke up from his coma, but teased how he looked while in a coma, even Tavia laughed along with them.

Kenneth laughed: "Perhaps my 'naturally stunned' look has really gotten into their brains, so everyone had such a big reaction and I laughed myself. I didn't know I had that look when I was filming that scene, we were just really into the scene." The audience cheered and applaud when he woke up? Kenneth and Tavia expressed that was the most memorable scene. Kenneth said: "I couldn't show too much expression in that scene, and have to let some tears flow down." Tavia expressed she cries easily, she even cries when watching her own scenes and that scene was very touching. The audience laughed at Kenneth's coma look? She said: "I laughed too, seeing Kenneth's head all wrapped up laying on the bed, its pretty funny."

The finale ratings was a little better than the week's average. The 2 hour finale averaged at 30 points and peaked at 31 points. The week's average remained at 26 points. At the finale event, Tavia predicted the ratings would reach 36-37 points, but unfortunately the results were far from her prediction. Last year's prequel averaged 37 points and peaked at 39 points during the finale. The sequel clearly isn't as good as the prequel. 

@PancyW maybe try using the Shazam app to find it? Otherwise, there's a thread for people trying to find a song name here: http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/134665/what-song-is-this-who-is-the-artist#latest

Besides the loss of the baby in the beginning that made me bawl, I'm glad Tavia's illness didn't get worse

I liked the mini no-face-person inspirational stories! I thought Him Law's acting in this show shone from his usual standards.

Especially towards the end, when "carcar" became sick... all that crying made me sad too.

The only thing that annoyed me was that I think too many of the main cast became sick at some point. I know the show is based on doctors/sicknesses.. but it was too much, especially towards the end when

the male nurse guy (one of kenneth's best friends) became sick due to his kidney...

it seemed so unneccesary and just randomly thrown in.

Otherwise, the ending left me satisfied. It was an okay sequel, not the best drama I've ever seen but it was alright. :) I like this theme song just as much as the first one too!

• 1 month later...

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kenneth Ma 'Toys' with Tavia Yeung & Him Law Makes Them Take a Couple PhotoThursday January 30, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: HK.ON.CC 
Translated by: aZnangel 

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image 

Posted Image
(Tavia seems to stick closer to Kenneth in front of cameras) 

Posted Image
(Tavia feels shy standing next to Him) 

Posted Image

Last night The Hippocratic Crush cast Kenneth Ma, Tavia Yeung, Him Law, Mandy Wong and Benjamin Yuen attended a Lunar New Year countdown event. Tavia disclosed her mother makes CNY cake as gifts to friends, but then that gave the MC an excuse to ask her about her love life. When asked if she'll leave a CNY cake for Him Law? Tavia said: "Only those who come to send new year greetings get one." Later when Tavia was playing games, the teasing kept going as the title was surprisingly "Big boy Him Him Loves Tavia the Most". Tavia immediately blocked the last part of the message by posing for the cameras. Unexpectedly Kenneth comes in and 'toys' with them some more, he played dumb and read the message out loud once more. Him was so embarrassed he just smiled awkwardly. During the big group picture, Kenneth continued toying with them by deliberately pushing Tavia and Him to stand next to each other. It was a hilarious moment. 

Tavia was asked whether she really will invite Him to her house for new year greetings? Tavia said: "By courtesy, the younger generation should be sending new year greetings to my mom. (Has Him met your mom?) They've met. (What does you mom have to say?) Nothing special, so old-fashioned! (Didn't give him tips on how to please his future mother-in-law?) What? Future what? I have no tips to give. Don't give such simple chocolates as gifts." 

Asked whether Him prepared anything special for Valentine's Day? Tavia said if he has time, he should visit her on the set because she has to work during the holiday. She expressed she already prepared chocolates to give to the crew and when asked what gift she prepared for Him? Tavia said: "Well you have to ask him. (He said he'll give you a ring!) Wah, you're trying to trap me! Work is our priority." 

As for Kenneth, he disclosed TVB let everyone take three days off for Lunar New Year. He praised TVB for keeping their promise, presently they really do have 80% of the script ready before actual filming begins and that gives artists more time to prepare. Asked whether Kenneth is afraid relatives might hurry him to get married when they go send new year greetings? Kenneth smiled: "Can't worry too much. (Even a Seun Poon has trouble choosing?) Well, you have to ask the girls. The label Seun Poon was given to me by the media, I believe every girl has a Seun Poon in their hearts that belong to them." Kenneth felt relationships should be left to fate. Although many friends such as Tavia Yeung and Tsui Wing had said they would introduce women to him, but they haven't taken any action yet. Kenneth laughed: "I don't mind meeting a new friend, it won't hurt. It is not like we have to get married after we meet. I won't feel awkward at all."

At another Lunar New Year event that Him attended earlier in the day, he expressed it was his first singing performance in HK and frankly said he felt quite nervous. He said he hired a teacher to help him practice and hoped the audience will pardon [his poor singing]. Asked if rumored girlfriend Tavia was at the scene would she affect his performance? Him said: "I'm a man, won't get affected, but I think she never heard me sing before. (Can you sing love songs?) Didn't have enough time to practice. I don't have much confidence in singing." When asked if he'll practice a love song before February 14th Valentine's Day? Him smiled and appeared as if he understood where reporters were trying to ask. He said: "That romantic? I'm not sure if I have to work or not, I may have to go overseas for stage performances. (Take Tavia with you?) I'm working at TVB too, I know she's filming a new series. (What kind of Valentine's Day gift will you give her?) Finish the show first, deal with it after this year."

Archived