[Drama 2013/2014] King's Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang 제왕의 딸, 수백향

pangia

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lotuskerne

King's Daughter Soo Baek Hyang 제왕의 딸, 수백향

Videos of MBC in chronology with scenes of Myeonong and Seolnan (episode 17 -> episode 108)     https://www.facebook.com/pages/Seo-Hyun-Jin-%EC%84%9C%ED%98%84%EC%A7%84/230003503870987     

Guest lotuskerne

Behind the scenes of  KDSBH :   https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.239827662888571.1073741844.230003503870987&type=1   

New show :

"1danUPgo" is an SBS real variety show in which the cast members communicate through SNS while abroad. The cast left for Brazil on the 24th.

The cast is composed of 6 members, including Seo Hyun Jin, Kim Min Joon, Oh Man Suk, Oh Sang Jin, KARA's Park Gyuri, and 2AM's Jinwoon. They left from Incheon International Airport for Brazil after filming the opening of the show.

narsha-becoming-a-superior-actor-on-snl-

The show will showcase a traveling concept through SNS. The cast members will carry out their journey based on information obtained through SNS for 17 days. It's an interactive entertainment program. The members will travel across main cities in Brazil, and will complete missions through SNS....

The first episode will air mid-April.

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/85228/20140325/narsha-becoming-superior-actor-snl-korea.htm

[sNS원정대 일단띄워] 만석VS현진 먹방배틀    :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Queen_Of_Baekje

Nice drama. My heart  would have been more satisfied if they let the viewers get a glimpse of  the new King and Queen of Paekche. What a power couple  :x

Some of my favourite scenes of OTP:

sbh-mnampsn2_zps8393819b.png
sbh-mnampsn3_zps57763727.png
sbh-mnampsn4_zpsec058aee.png

One of the best written sageuk drama I've watched since Queen Seon Duk.  Great to see there is still historical drama made today that is a gem.  Very good cast here with the exception of one ie Seo Woo who still needs improvement in acting when compared to the rest of the cast which is surprising since she was cast as equal lead actress as Seo Hyun Jin. I find this much better than Empress Ki that became boring half way through that I stopped watching.

Amazing chemistry between Crown Prince Myong Nong and Solnan couple and love the props and costumes throughout the drama that makes this one of the most beautiful and memorable drama to behold.  Highly recommend to those who enjoy unpredictable story and romance.
;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, KDSBH fans! It has been awhile since I last posted here.
KDSBH is going to be shown in Japan via KNTV starting July 4. As part of promoting KDSBH to their subscribers, KNTV interviewed JHJ. The interview was aired last June 22. Cannot post video of the interview for copyright reasons. I based my English translation on the transcripts provided by JHJ's Japanese and Chinese fans.

JHJ talks about KDSBH and his character Crown Prince Myeong Nong.
The story [of KDSBH] is wide-ranging. (Note: JHJ gives a very brief outline of the story. I will not translate that part anymore since we already know the story.)
In the drama, I play Crown Prince Myeong Nong. The role is quite extensive so I cannot explain thoroughly, but I will try to give a very brief outline.
Crown Prince Myeong Nong is the adopted son of King Muryeong.
I will meet Princess Soo Baek Hyang (SBH) and we will fall in love.
My character will be instrumental in the growth of SBH.
On the surface, Crown Prince Myeong Nong is calm and sober.
Though he can be immature at times, he really has a pure heart.
In the conduct of his duties as the Crown Prince, he is extraordinarily cool-headed.
JHJ talks about the pressures of working on a historical drama again after a long period of time. 
There is always a lot of pressure involved in filming long dramas.
Many actors hesitate to work on historical dramas because it takes a long time to finish.
To be honest, I also worried about getting tired filming such a long drama.
But I liked the story, so I stopped worrying about the long work and just focused on the story.
JHJ reveals why he decided to appear in KDSBH.
Compared to other dramas set in the Baekje era, KDSBH has a more free and easy ambience.
Even if KDSBH is a historical drama, it has the vibes of a modern drama. It has a more comfortable air.
I was also attracted to the character of Crown Prince Myeong Nong. These are the reasons why I decided to appear in KDSBH.
JHJ talks about the things he had to consider in portraying Crown Prince Myeong Nong.
Crown Prince Myeong Nong is a multi-faceted character.
Because he is the future King of Baekje, Crown Prince Myeong Nong has to be cool-headed and dignified, but at the same time he has to be charismatic.
Myeong Nong also hides a lonely side.
In love, the Crown Prince is very awkward; but when it comes to work, he is very dedicated and extraordinarily cool-headed.
There are also scenes where I have to express the comedic side of the Crown Prince, which I find very appealing.
[And because this is a historical drama] I have to be mindful of the tone of my acting.
JHJ shares anecdotes about wearing the traditional costume.
> First, about the costume, because I am wearing a “hanbok” all the time, I did not notice that I am getting fat already. :D
> Then the hair – in the early episodes, my hair was parted in the middle. The front portion is my own hair, [but for the back portion] I have to use a partial wig because my hair is supposed to be long. I suffered hair loss because I have to wear a wig for several months, my scalp was really very sore. :(
Then in the latter portion of the drama, I have to change hairstyle, the front hair is combed up. Every time the comb passes through the spots in the scalp that has lost hair, it is very painful. 
JHJ reveals the most memorable scene for him and the reason why he finds it memorable.
The most memorable scene in the drama for me is the scene when Myeong Nong and Seolnan were incarcerated in the storehouse for several days.
In that scene, my character has to express different emotions – from comical, to anger, then sadness…. different faces.
We filmed that scene for several days confined in a small space, that is why it remains in my memory.
Seo Hyun Jin and I cooperated well in this scene as well. When I took a look at that scene, I thought it was pretty good.
What is the charm of KDSBH?
If you just look at the language used in KDSBH, then it is obviously a historical drama.
However, even if this is a historical drama, it has many scenes that has a modern or contemporary feel (or vibes or ambience.)
In particular, Crown Prince Myeong Nong has many funny scenes. I used a contemporary style to express myself in those scenes.
I really exerted a lot of effort and poured my heart in acting those funny scenes to show the comical and cute side [of Crown Prince Myeong Nong.]
For the other scenes, I acted with the dignity expected from characters in a period drama.
I find this contrast very appealing.
KDSBH is a conventional historical drama that has, at times, a modern or contemporary vibes, this is the charm of KDSBH.
How will you remember KDSBH?
I will always remember KDSBH as the work in which I have become mature as an actor.
It has been a long time since I last worked in a long TV series. “Seo Dong Yo” was my last long drama. And like before, collaborating on such a long TV series, I learned a lot.
I learned a lot about acting, and also about human relationships. As an actor, I was given an opportunity to have a new understanding of acting and of life.
What are the highlights of the drama?
Crown Prince Myeong Nong believes he is the son of King Muryeong, but actually he is an adopted child. 
It will be interesting to follow the process by which the secret of the Crown Prince’s birth will be revealed. It will also be interesting to see the emotions or feelings [of the characters involved in the secret] as the secret is revealed.
In addition, there is also the real and the fake SBH. The clash and the subtle emotions of the two people involved are something to look forward to.
Lastly, you can also look forward to the development of the love story of Crown Prince Myeong Nong and Seolnan.
Plans for the future?
Most probably I will be greeting fans in a new drama by the second half [of 2014]. :-)
Message to viewers:
I am very honored that KDSBH is going to be broadcast [in Japan.]
I would like to thank you also for your continued support of actor Jo Hyun Jae.
In addition, I would be very happy if you can also cheer for Crown Prince Myeong Nong.
Please be happy always, and stay in good health.
You can check the original transcripts at this links:http://johyunjae1980.wordpress.com/2014/06/25/kings-daughter-jo-hyun-jae-interview-on-kntv-2014-06-22/

http://johyunjae1980.wordpress.com/2014/06/26/kings-daughter-jo-hyun-jae-interview-on-kntv-2014-06-22-continuation/

Here is another JHJ interview by KNTV posted on their website. This is still part of KNTV's promotion of KDSBH to their subscribers. My English translation is based on transcripts provided by JHJ's Korean and Chinese fans.

Q1: What are the similarities between your real life persona and your character in the drama, Crown Prince Myeong Nong?
JHJ: When it comes to work, we are both decisive and we both work fast. When it comes to personal life, especially when it comes to how we treat women, we are both sometimes funny, sometimes naive. In fact, I am also not good at maneuvering (playing hard to get), I am too clumsy for that. I prefer being straightforward. (Laughs.)
Q2: I think Crown Prince Myeong Nong is pretty cool and surprisingly funny. What are the things you considered in portraying him?
JHJ: Well, all I was thinking about is how to make our audience happy. During those scenes when I felt jealous because Jinmu is paying too much attention to Seolnan, I just tried to show the lovely charm of a man falling in love. Somewhat cold, but coming across as funny too. But at the same time, I strove hard to make sure that the historical quality of the drama will not be impaired.
Q3: Your movie “The Actress Is Too Much” was released last February. In the future, what roles would you want to play?
JHJ: I can’t think immediately what roles I would like to play in the future, but I can tell you what movie genre I would like to be in - crime movies, horror/thriller movies, film noir, etc. I just want to challenge myself in those kind of genres, as a turning point in my career, to get rid of my soft and kind image.
You can check the original transcripts at this link: http://johyunjae1980.wordpress.com/2014/06/30/jo-hyun-jae-in-kntv-guide-2014-07/

• 2 weeks later...

I am re-watching King's Daughter, Su Baek-hyang and enjoying it very much. It brings back happy memories of the first watch when I visited this forum and read many interesting comments/discussions, recaps and clips! And the speculations and anxiety of what would happen next! 

• 2 weeks later...

I might be very outdated but I just find out abt this drama and finish 108 ep in 4 days marathon...and I simply love it.....the story, the 4 love stories within it (King & CH, CH & KC, MN & SN, JM &SH), the casts, the otp and mostly the sizzling chemistry between JHJ and SHJ....never expected to see the comical side of JHJ in a saeguk drama...so I wonder why isnt there a shipping thread for MyungNong-SeolNan cuople? I wud definitely live to spazz there abt this couple :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest reigningmonarch

Hello guys,i want to watch this drama but i can't download the torrent.It has 0 seeders.So,does anyone other ways where i can download the 720p one?
Kamsahamnida :3

I'm a late starter to this drama, watched non stop and now at episode 56So far, this has to be the easiest to watch sageuk, not too heavy and easy to follow
Love JHJ in this drama, maybe sageuks suits him better and he looks so good in the costumes :D

Guest reigningmonarch

Does anyone have news about the OST for this drama?I want to hear the instrumentals,especially the one that is used frequently,the one chae-hwa sings.

• 7 months later...

Hello, KDSBH lovers! KDSBH, Jo Hyun Jae, Seo Hyun Jin, Jeon Tae Soo and PD Lee Sang Yeob are featured in the Japanese book on Korean dramas called "Korean TV Dramas" (No. 66). Below are some pictures of JHJ from the special feature. I am sorry, I don't have pictures of SHJ, JTS and LSY from the special feature. If I see some pictures, I will share them here.The 3 actors and the PD were also interviewed. I am still translating JHJ's interview, I will post it here when I finish. I don't know if I will be able to get the interviews of the 3 other personalities. Anyway, will share here whatever i can get from the Japanese fans.
Credit: All photos please credit Hiromi @ club.brokore.com/sodonyo

2015.04 KoreanTVDrama-1a
2015.04 KoreanTVDrama-1
2015.04 KoreanTVDrama-1b
2015.04 KoreanTVDrama-1c
2015.04 KoreanTVDrama-2
2015.04 KoreanTVDrama-2a
2015.04 KoreanTVDrama-2c
2015.04 KoreanTVDrama-2b
2015.04 KoreanTVDrama-3
2015.04 KoreanTVDrama-3a
2015.04 KoreanTVDrama-4