[Drama 2014] Tears Of Heaven 천국의 눈물

starlight116

ggry said:

There're actually a number of articles on MBN.
Just that it's all in Korean.

This article from 5 Sept 2014 --

http://star.mbn.co.kr/view.php?no=1173831&year=2014

is on the veteran cast members -- Yoon Da Hun, Lee Jong Won and Kim Yeo Jin.
The picture in the article shows, from left to right, Yoon Da Hun, Kim Yeo Jin and Lee Jong Won.

I'm not exactly fluent in Korean, but here's a rough translation of the character synopsis that these 3 veteran cast members will be playing.

(1) Yoon Da Hun 
Yoon plays Jin Hyeon Tae.
The son of a wealthy family which owns a department store, he's also the husband of Yu Seon Gyeong (played by Park Ji Yeong).
He's soft-hearted, sympathetic, and accused of being a womaniser, but in fact, he says he merely has an infinite weakness for women, 
the excuse of a free spirit of a complete romancist.

Viewers can look forward to Yoon's portrayal of a confident and family-oriented father and husband.

(2) Lee Jong Won
Lee plays Lee Do Yeob.
He's a poker face who's good at concealing his feelings.
A 2nd generation chaebol, he's usually civil.
Although he's well-mannered, if anyone were to harm his family, he changes 180 degrees.
He's the adoptive father of Lee Gi Hyeon (played by Seo Joon-young),
and an old high school friend of Jin Hyeon Tae.

Viewers can look forward to the extreme tension from the cool-headed reversal of personality.

(3) Kim Yeo Jin
Kim will be playing Ban Hye Jeong.
She's Lee Do Yeob's wife and the adoptive mother of Lee Gi Hyeon.
Although she's admired for being an elegant figure and for having a refined air,
underneath, she's a person who's marked by obsession and jealousy.
Behind the warm smile that you see, is the hidden viciousness that is her true colours.

Viewers are to focus their attention on her transformation.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@irilight, @valsava, @starlight116

I finally found the start date on the MBN site.
Mark your calendars -- 11 Oct 2014 (Saturday)
Please not that MBN has since changed it to EARLY October.
No mention of time, nor total number of eps though.
Seriously, MBN needs to release additional info.

And, here's the 2nd teaser that was released on 17th Sept --

I went through the cast list and sorted things out according to the family.
Other than Hong Ah-reum's character, I've placed the rest under their respective families.
In addition, the order, from top to bottom, is from 1st generation --> 2nd generation --> 3rd generation.
The main cast are from the 3rd generation.

Here goes --

Hong Ah-reum            Yun Cha Yeong (abandoned biological daughter of Yun Seon Gyeong)  

The Jin Family

1st generation - Grandpa and Grandma

Park Keun Hyeong      Jin Man Bong  (Father of Jin Hyeon Tae, president of Shinderella department store)
Park Jeong Su             Madam Jo  (Stepmother of Jin Hyeon Tae, mother of Jin Hyeon Ung)

2nd generation - Father, Mother and Uncle

Yoon Da Hun              Jin Hyeon Tae  (Son of Jin Man Bong) 
Park Ji-young              Yu Seon Gyeong  (Wife of Jin Hyeon Tae, birth mother of Yun Cha Yeong)

In Gyo-jin                    Jin Hyeon Ung  (Son of Jin Man Bong, half-brother of Jin Hyeon Tae)

3rd generation - Granddaughter

Yun Seo                     Jin Je In  (Non-biological daughter of Jin Hyeon Tae, 
                                                   Yun Cha Yeong's high schoolmate, as well as 
                                                   villainous love rival for Lee Gi Hyeon)

The Lee family

1st generation - Grandpa

Yoon Joo Sung    Chairman Lee  (Father of Lee Do Yeob, chairman of the family chaebol in banking)

2nd generation - Father, Mother (adoptive)

Lee Jong Won     Lee Do Yeob  (Son of Chairman Lee, adoptive father of Lee Gi Hyeon)
Kim Yeo Jin         Ban Hye Jeong   (Wife of Lee Do Yeob)

3rd generation - Grandson

Seo Joon-young  Lee Gi Hyeon  (Adopted son of Lee Do Yeob and Ban Hye Jeong, Yun Cha Yeong's first love)

@ggry,  Good Day To You Sir,   Will this drama be airing 1 day a week..? I'm watching dramas on other cable channels that air only one day a week don't know what's up with that but thanks for the casting listing in order.. Also do you have any idea how old Hong Ah-reum   is she still looks young and really looks like a high school student..                 

valsava said: @ggry,  Good Day To You Sir,   Will this drama be airing 1 day a week..? I'm watching dramas on other cable channels that air only one day a week don't know what's up with that but thanks for the casting listing in order.. Also do you have any idea how old Hong Ah-reum   is she still looks young and really looks like a high school student..                 

irilight said: @ggry !  I am so glad to see you here   :-h    :)

Thank you for all the info and goodies...  I am grateful for you sharing with us your wealth of knowledge and resources.     :)

@ggry, I just looked for One Day Suddenly.. Not finding it out yet, at least not with Eng sub.

OMG... I love the teaser.!  I had no idea all these talented actors will be in this drama..Why are they not mentioned on any site!   :((

Yoon Joo Sung 

Park Keun-Hyeong

Lee Han-Wi

@ggry, thank you so much for the character descriptions you offered...!

I look forward to this drama even more, as I see this cast.

@ggry , @starlight116 -  AsianWiki has the the start date as Oct. 28th.  Daily drama 9:45 KST.

ggry said:

I went through the cast list and sorted things out according to the family.
Other than Hong Ah-reum's character, I've placed the rest under their respective families.
In addition, the order, from top to bottom, is from 1st generation --> 2nd generation --> 3rd generation.
The main cast are from the 3rd generation.

Here goes --

Hong Ah-reum            Yun Cha Yeong (abandoned biological daughter of Yun Seon Gyeong)  

The Jin Family

1st generation - Grandpa and Grandma

Park Keun Hyeong      Jin Man Bong  (Father of Jin Hyeon Tae, president of a department store)
Park Jeong Su             Madam Jo  (Stepmother of Jin Hyeon Tae, mother of Jin Hyeon Ung)

2nd generation - Father, Mother and Uncle

Yoon Da Hun              Jin Hyeon Tae  (Son of Jin Man Bong) 
Park Ji-young              Yun Seon Gyeong  (Wife of Jin Hyeon Tae, birth mother of Yun Cha Yeong)

In Gyo-jin                    Jin Hyeon Ung  (Son of Jin Man Bong, half-brother of Jin Hyeon Tae)

3rd generation - Granddaughter

Yun Seo                     Jin Je In  (Non-biological daughter of Jin Hyeon Tae, 
                                                   Yun Cha Yeong's high schoolmate, as well as 
                                                   villainous love rival for Lee Gi Hyeon)

The Lee family

1st generation - Grandpa

Yoon Joo Sung    Chairman Lee  (Father of Lee Do Yeob, chairman of the family chaebol in banking)

2nd generation - Father, Mother (adoptive)

Lee Jong Won     Lee Do Yeob  (Son of Chairman Lee, adoptive father of Lee Gi Hyeon)
Kim Yeo Jin         Ban Hye Jeong   (Wife of Lee Do Yeob)

3rd generation - Grandson

Seo Joon-young  Lee Gi Hyeon  (Adopted son of Lee Do Yeob and Ban Hye Jeong, Yun Cha Yeong's first love)

@valsava, AsianWiki says it's  a daily... but who knows how updated that info it...First talk of this drama started last year... In the meantime, in changed hands from TVN to MBN. There  may have been all sort of changes.

I tend to agree with @ggry that fewer companies would sub daily drama.... And I do want this drama subbed.!  Also dailies are usually aprox. 30 min per episode, whereas weekly drama are aprox 60 min. per episode. I'd tend to think that by now MBN has done enough work, to know how long the episodes are set up to be.

BTW, we can all still send subs requests to the top 3

@ggry, do you think it may be worth while to write a request on MBN YT channel to upload this drama with subs, or am I way to presumptuous? 

Thank you for the actors photo, @ggry.... and for Shinderella... hehe.

@valsava, yes... and @badsmuler can call in the rest of the group too.

Archived