[Drama 2014] KBS - Jeong Do Jeon 정도전

WingLiner

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So happy not only to see you here @mannschaft but you created this thread ... awesome! I missed half of the first episode.  Do you know where I can watch with English subs? 

Guest Daduxing

O said:

So happy not only to see you here @mannschaft but you created this thread ... awesome! I missed half of the first episode.  Do you know where I can watch with English subs? 

Hi @O, I'm glad to see you're here.
Here you go: http://www.gooddrama.net/korean-drama/jeong-do-jeon
This drama's rating fluctuates mostly around 10% to 11.5% - the highest record is 13.0% in episode 5 (tracked by AGB) and the lowest is 9.2% in episode 2 (tracked by TNmS) - and the drama's position in the rating chart is 9 to 13 out of 20.
"Jeong Do Jeon" - Kwon Tae Won (Ahn Sagi) got killed.
Park Young Gyu (Lee In Yim) framed Kwon Tae Won (Ahn Sagi) of a (serious) crime and killed him.
The KBS 1TV drama "Jeong Do Jeon" showed Ahn Sagi (Kwon Tae-won) being killed by a killer sent by Lee In Yim (Park Young Gyu).
Ahn Sa-gi was imprisoned for plotting the Ming Dynasty case. He didn't confess his crime although Jeong Mong Ju (Im Ho) told him his punishment would become lighter if he did because he thought Lee In Yim would come to his rescue.
Lee In Yim went to see Ahn Sagi in prison and suggested him killing himself for the sake of the Koryo. Ahn Sa-gi was furious and decided to take revenge.
In the end, he was shot (dead) with an arrow by a killer/assassin sent by Lee In Yim.
Netizens say, "He was fooled by someone he trusted", "He should have confessed", "Park Young Gyu kills him at last" and more.
Credit: hancinema, osen.

@irilight, I'm sorry this one was sub at gooddrama,  It's another that's sub there I was sending links to a few people and got them mixed up.  But glad to see you here another drama we will be watching together the other two historical drama I gave up on will watch some other time  

@valsava, I too am watching the other drama, but I am way behind on Empress Ki. (need to do catch up...).  But I am on top of King's Daughter, and loving it. If you are watching it and active on that thread I'll go there...

In regards to this most anticipating drama - I just remarked on the KBS world where they put the preview, that I hope they bring the episodes to KBS World YT channel as well... Maybe if several of us showed interest, they would... who knows...

I totally expected it to be there...

@irilight,  I started watch K'sD but stop Did the figure out who she is.or is they still trying to kill her As for this one Kbs may pick it up. It's so many daytime dramas has started they may be trying find a place for everything. I know they do show a tv novel but they haven't shown that either so my guess is it's a waiting game      

valsava said: @irilight,  I started watch K'sD but stop Did the figure out who she is.or is they still trying to kill her As for this one Kbs may pick it up. It's so many daytime dramas has started they may be trying find a place for everything. I know they do show a tv novel but they haven't shown that either so my guess is it's a waiting game      

Your overview is well-written; indeed, I agree to your historical point of view, and here is my favorite line.
"Show will have a full dose of drama without all the drama cliches"
I also share the same thought that is the history itself could have made epic dramas which means there's no need for improper stuff.
Regarding KBS World subbing status for this drama. KBS World changed the broadcasting schedule of "Jeong Do Jeon"; therefore, there's no information about the official broadcast of this drama on neither KBS World nor KBS America yet.
I've got 2 weeks off for holiday, Lunar New Year is approaching!!! \:D/

Happy Lunar New Year! 2 days left to the Lunar New Year's Eve!
Luckily, the ratings for the 2 recent episodes has slightly increased, from 11% to 12% -- the highest record is 14% in episode 17 (tracked by AGB), and the lowest is 11.2% in episode 8 (tracked by TNmS).
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Jeong_Do_Jeon/Episode_Ratings 
Though Epdrama has updated the recent episodes, just episode 1 is subbed, and none of the rest has subtitles. Thus, KBS World has updated its broadcasting list 2 times but there's no trace of "Jeong Do Jeon" there yet. :-?
http://www.epdrama.com/drama/jeong-do-jeon/
"Jeong Do Jeon" Park Young Gyu (Lee In Yim) points sword at Lee Deok Hee (Empress Myeong Deok)
photo396690.jpg

On the KBS 1TV drama "Jeong Do Jeon" on the 26th (Episode 8), Jeong Do Jeon (Jo Jae Hyeon) was threatened by the district management for overstepping his area of exile.
They had favored him thinking he would come back. Choi Young (Seo In Seok) was ahead of Lee In Yim (Park Young Gyu) in the race but Lee In Yim wasn't a fool. He switched tables by sweet-talking King Woo (Jung Yoon Seok).
Lee Cheom (Shin Young Gyu), who appealed for Lee In Yim's impeachment, was tortured. He made a fake confession from all the pain and Lee In Yim was able to recover his reputation. Choi Young signed in his resignation since he couldn't do anything about it.
Lee In-Yim went to Empress Myeong Deok (Lee Deok Hee) and said, "I will now perform my duties to the country" and when she showed denial, he pointed a sword at her and said "I won't let you rule as queen if you refuse to let me."
Credit: Hancinema, TVdaily.

Archived