The-Virtuous-Queen-of-Han-2013-1.jpg
Details:Title: 衛子夫 / Wèi Zi Fu
English title: The Virtuous Queen of Han
Producer: Amy Wong
Genre: Romance, historical drama
Episodes: 47
Production Company: Zhejiang Huace Film & TV
Broadcast Period: August 20, 2014
Cast:Wang Luo Dan as Wei Zi FuRaymond Lam as Liu CheNiki Chow as Princess PingyangXu Zheng Xi ad Duan HongShen Tai as (沈泰) as Wei QingChen Sha Li as Grand Empress Dowager DouGrace Yu as Empress Dowager WangLiu Ying Hong (柳影虹) as Princess GuantaoZheng Miao Zhi (郑淼之) as Chen A JiaoLi Xin Cong (李欣聪) as Shen JiaLiu Yong (刘永) as Liu AnPeng Guo Liang (彭国梁) as Yi HanYang Zi Jiang (杨紫茳) as Xia Hou PoZheng Si Ren (郑斯仁) as Han YanZhang Ya Xi (张亚希) as Huo Qu BingMiao Hao Jun as Ai ShuZhang Xu (张绪) as Bai HaoWang Meng Li (王萌黎) as Yao Ji 姚姬Guest Star: Michelle Ye
Synopsis:  An innocent and gracious girl who is loved by the Emperor, the undercurrent of strife in imperial harem surrounds her with constant danger. 
The legendary rise of a lowly singer to the prestigious status of an Empress.

Raw Trailers:

OSTs:Raymond Lam - Behind The Glory

Raymond Lam - Guardianship

Richie Jen & Niki Chow - With You, Our Love is Perfect (我的爱有你才完美)

Additional Links:
The Virtuous Queen of Han 大汉贤后卫子夫 Raw EpisodesThe Virtuous Queen of Han 衛子夫 Viewership Ratings

SOOMPI RULES OF CONDUCTDon't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever, or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Niki Chow Finally Admits Dating Mainland actor Jeremy Jones for 1 MonthSaturday September 28, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: Mingpao 
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net
Posted Image

34 year old Niki Chow sparked love with 28 year old Mainland actor Jeremy Jones after shooting nowTV's costume drama The Virtuous Queen of Han. It was rumored the two are already dating, but they both denied. However, earlier Niki and Jeremy were spotted on a date in Shanghai and were holding hands. Niki finally admitted to the Mainland reporters yesterday that she and Jeremy have been dating for a month. She expressed she didn't have many scenes opposite of Jeremy in the series, but their relationship got closer after filming ended. Niki feels her boyfriend is ambitious, mature and doesn't have any bad habits. Niki said: "I'm currently very, very happy. Thank you all for the concern on my love life. This time, I hope to just enjoy dating life like a normal person." As for Jeremy, when speaking of his girlfriend, he expressed he likes how she frequently brings happiness to others, gives him confidence and encouragement. He admitted he had already met Niki's parents once. 

The synopsis reminds me quite a bit of Schemes of a Beauty. The production looks epic from the trailer, so let's see if the actual drama lives up to expectations. Honestly, the Han Dynasty of China just is one of the most interesting dynasties to see in dramas.

• 2 months later...

The Han Dynasty has always been one of my favourite time periods to watch (C-dramas) and read about. 
The production values seem quite high too. I'll reserve judgement on the acting until I see the full production. :)

• 2 months later...

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Niki Chow Has "3 Husbands", None of them is Jeremy JonesMonday March 24, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel 
_25MB005_.jpg
Niki Chow and Richie Ren attended the press conference of new drama The Virtuous Queen of Han. Niki's boyfriend Jeremy Jones is also part of the cast, but he was absent from the event, asked if she was okay with that? She said: "The company makes the arrangements. I knew today I'm here with Richie to promote the theme song, Raymond Lam is part of the cast too and he didn't attend." Niki disclosed she has three husbands in the series, but Jeremy isn't any of the three. Reporters teased as long as she has him in real life, then that's enough. Niki laughed: "Haha, not related!" As Niki's boss, Richie Ren joked he didn't know Niki and Jeremy were dating, but he'll make adjustments to the arrangements and coordinate appropriately in private. 

• 4 months later...

Theme song “Behind the Glory" - Raymond Lam

Ending theme "Guardianship" - Raymond Lam

Starts airing tonight (20/8/14) on Anhui, Zhejiang and Dongfang (Dragon TV) channels from 7:30pm Beijing time.

I finished watching the first three episodes of this drama and I think it is pretty good. However, I feel like some chemistry is lacking between Raymond and Luo Dan… maybe because there was no courtship involved and they are just together. As of now, I feel more chemistry from Luo Dan and Zheng Xi more… and I felt Niki and Luo Dan’s characters are the most outstanding so far… Hope this drama will keep it up!

This drama is addicting. It has its flaws (being virtuous doesn't mean Wei Zifu has to become a Mary Sue, and sometimes the story goes in circles), but I'm always eager to watch the next episode.It reminds me of when I absolutely loved to watch “Beyond the Realm of Conscience" (also written by Mei Xiaoqing) despite all the flaws.

• 3 weeks later...

Raymond Lam’s unexplained absence from celebratory partyThe actor is reportedly displeased that media attention has been diverted to his drama co-star Niki Chow
Niki Chow, Raymond Lam

Popular Chinese drama The Virtuous Queen of Han held a celebratory dinner last Tuesday, where lead actress Niki Chow and boyfriend, Chinese actor Jeremy Tsui made a joint-appearance. Lead actor Raymond Lam, however, was missing from the party, even though he was supposed to be in the list of attendees.
While both the director and producer said that they would need to “find out” the reason for Raymond’s unexplained absence, the crew claimed that it was the first time the actor failed to turn up for an event without prior notification.
“We only found out that he’s not coming slightly before the reporters. He had promised to make it if his schedule allows, even saying that he would stay till the end of the event,” a member of the staff added.
According to Hong Kong media, Raymond and Niki are currently on bad terms, after vying to perform the drama’s theme song previously.
Although it was initially stated that Raymond’s ‘Behind the Glory’ will be used as the theme song, the production team reportedly wanted to change it to ‘With You, Our Love is Perfect’, a duet by Niki and Richie Jen. This was mainly due to the actress’ skyrocketing popularity as well as Raymond’s departure from TVB.
Displeased to have the limelight taken away from him, Raymond allegedly threatened to boycott all promotional activities, if his track was not chosen as the theme song.
The singer-actor may have gotten his wish in the end, but media attention remained on Niki and Jeremy, after The Virtuous Queen of Han became dubbed as the couple’s “token of love” – which is believed to be the reason for his absence at the celebratory party.
Niki Chow, Raymond Lam
Source

• 3 weeks later...

"Queen Han" gets Niki Chow more jobsSunday September 28, 2014 Hong KongSource
"Queen Han" gets Niki Chow more jobs

28 Sep – With her new period drama "The Virtuous Queen Han" successfully grabbing the top spot in mainland viewership ratings, Niki Chow's popularity has surged immensely, leading to rumours saying her salary has now increased threefold.As reported on On CC News, the actress, who plays Princess Pingyang in the series, reportedly has been receiving more job offers, be it acting projects or endorsement deals, due to the popularity of her role in the series.When asked to confirm the rumours, Niki denied that her salary has increased as much as the media reported. However, the actress admitted that she has indeed received more job offers with bigger remunerations than before.The actress added that she hopes to earn enough money in the future to purchase a house in Shanghai soon.(Photo credit: jaynestars.com)

• 4 months later...

I really enjoyed this drama until Madam Li came into the picture in episode 43.  I really didn't like the Emperor with this new young chick and turning his back on his Empress that he so loved once.
Even though they were together for almost 40 years...HE betrayed her love for her by believing in others.

tarjig said: I really enjoyed this drama until Madam Li came into the picture in episode 43.  I really didn't like the Emperor with this new young chick and turning his back on his Empress that he so loved once.
Even though they were together for almost 40 years...HE betrayed her love for her by believing in others.

• 1 month later...

In some angles, the main actress really looks Korean and confused me. I don't watch Niki Chow in dramas much since she mostly acts in Hong Kong dramas but she is absolutely beautiful as Princess Pingyang, who is another historical figure I was very much interested in.

Archived