Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ [Movie 2023] Dream [Upcoming Drama 2024] Squid Game season 2

Go Seung Ji

*** The more I see of upcoming drama "Curtain Call", the more excited I get. With the likes of Kang Haneul, Ha Ji-won, Kwon Sang-woo, Sung Dong-il — and that’s not even all of them — how can one not get excited? The drama’s poster tagline reads: “On the big and beautiful stage of life, anything can change.” Curtain Call premieres October 31 in the Monday-Tuesday slot. This looks like a strong contender for Pachinko style epic story telling. I have to say that my main draw are the leads. The casting is great but I'm not going to hold out too many expectations.   :kaching1:

*** I love the teaser of "Curtain Call". The teaser begins with Granny peering at old photos and we flashback to when she and her husband (played by Ha Ji-won and Kang Haneul, respectively) had been fleeing to the south during the Korean War. In the appearing text screen, we read, “Grandmother’s last wish…” Curtain Call premieres October 31 in the Monday-

Tuesday slot. This is very interesting!   :popcornjackson:

*** "Curtain Call" does have a new second teaser that’s making an appearance on the interwebs, and it shows us five of our primary characters. First we see our struggling stage actor and hero Yoo Jae-hun, played by Kang Haneul. He’s greatly surprised when he enters Hotel Paradise and in voiceover we hear him say how much he wants to be a “real” actor, and to be able to encourage even just one person through his art. The drama is on Viki US’s “Coming Soon” list.   :heart3:

video source : Dramabeans

Romance dramas to suspense thriller series set to hit screens this month

A poster for KBS series, 'Curtain Call,' left, and the Tving series, 'Bargain' / Courtesy of Victory Contents, Tving
A poster for KBS series, "Curtain Call," left, and the Tving series, "Bargain" / Courtesy of Victory Contents, Tving

By Lee Gyu-lee

A string of series, from the star-studded drama, "Curtain Call," to the mystery thriller, "Shadow Detective," is set to be released in the next few weeks.

KBS' new series, "Curtain Call," brings together a lineup of stars, including veteran actress Go Doo-shim as well as Kang Ha-neul, Ha Ji-won, Kwon Sang-woo, and Sung Dong-il. The drama series, set to go on air on Oct. 31, revolves around an aspiring actor, Yoo Jae-heon (Kang), in a local theater troupe. Despite growing up as an orphan and going through financial hardship, he always remains optimistic and high-spirited, working hard to make his name as an actor.

One day, he gets an offer to pretend to be a man who defected from North Korea and is the grandson of an elderly woman, Ja Geum-soon (Go), the founder and owner of one of the largest hotel chains in Korea, to fulfill her last wish.

Pretending to be the lost grandson, Jae-heon's life changes as he meets Geum-soon's granddaughter, Park Se-yeon (Ha).

The series is led by Yoon Sang-ho, whose previous work includes the 2021 period series, "River Where The Moon Rises," and is scripted by Jo Seong-geol.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/10/688_337979.html

"Curtain Call" (2022 Drama): Cast & Summary

Curtain-Call-Cast-Summary.jpg

"Curtain Call is an awaited KBS romance drama.

Ha JiWon and Kang HaNeul are the leads.

Ha JiWon started her career in 1996, and is now a successful actress. Some of her popular dramas which she had acted in include "Hwang Jini" (2006), "Secret Garden" (2010), "Empress Ki" (2013) and more recently "Chocolate" (2019). Her fans cannot wait for her K-Drama comeback!

Kang HaNeul debuted in 2006 and gained popularity for his roles in dramas such as "The Heirs" (2013),  "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" (2016), and "When the Camellia Blooms" (2019). This year, he's also appearing in the K-Drama "Insider". Fans are really happy to see him again.

Here is more information.

"Curtain Call" (2022 Drama): Cast & Summary

Information

Title: Curtain Call / Trees Die on Their Feet /  A Tree Dies Standing /  The Tree Dies Standing /  Trees Die Standing Tall /  Keoteunkol / Keoteunkol: Namuneun Seoseo Jukneunda / 커튼콜 / 커튼콜: 나무는 서서 죽는다

Director: Yoon SangHo

Writer: Jo SeongGeol

Network: KBS

Runtime: Oct. 31 ~ Dec. 20, 2022

# of Episodes: 16

Genre: Business, Life, Drama, Romance

Language: Korean

Summary

A work depicting the story of a man playing as a grandson to fulfill the last wish of an elderly grandmother who defected from the North.

Cast

To read MORE : https://www.kpopmap.com/curtain-call-2022-drama-cast-summary/

*** The cast of “Curtain Call” talked about their characters! Kang Ha Neul revealed that the drama beautifully depicts the process of growth. About his character Yoo Jae Heon, he added, “He thinks that Ja Geum Soon will be easy to deceive, but as he begins to see things from the other side, he begins to grow in a new way.” “Curtain Call” will premiere on October 31 at 9:50 p.m. KST! Aside from KBS, this will also be available on Amazon Prime Video & Viki.   :heart2:

kang-ha-neul-1536x1536.jpeg

0001513643_001_20221018114401495.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=311&aid=0001513643

*** Amazon’s Prime Video Philippines announced that it will launch the drama “Curtain Call” on the streaming platform on Oct. 31. The 16-episode drama will be available with two episodes to be released weekly every Monday and Tuesday.  The drama marks the reunion of Kang Ha-neul and Go Doo-shim who worked together in the drama “When the Camellia Blooms”.    :kaching1:

107894.jpeg

photos source : https://mb.com.ph/2022/10/20/k-drama-curtain-call-starring-kang-ha-neul-ha-ji-won-to-launch-on-prime-video-in-ph/

*** KBS 2TV has unveiled two romantic new posters for its upcoming drama “Curtain Call“! The caption on their posters reads, “On the grand and beautiful stage that will change their lives, ‘Curtain Call.'”  “Curtain Call” premieres on October 31 at 9:50 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.  :Megalol:

Kang-Ha-Neul-4.jpg

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=241&aid=0003235487

*** “Curtain Call” has unveiled an impressive lineup of actors who will be making special appearances in the drama! Actor Ahn Nae Sang will be making a special appearance as Ja Geum Soon’s doctor, Lee Yi Kyung will appear in the drama as Park Noh Kwang, a close friend of Yoo Jae Heon, who works at an imported car dealership, Jung Yoo Jin will play Song Hyo Jin, a flight attendant who is the youngest daughter of a family that owns a large construction company, and Kim Young Min will play the role of Lee Young Hoon, who got separated from his mother Ja Geum Soon during the war when he was young.   :Fist1:

Ahn-Nae-Sang-Lee-Yi-Kyung-Jung-Yoo-Jin-K

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=609&aid=0000644138

• 2 weeks later...

*** KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Curtain Call” has shared a sneak peek of the chemistry between KHN and Jung Ji So! She will be appearing in the drama as Seo Yoon Hee, an unknown actress who belongs to Yoo Jae Heon’s theatre troupe. In newly released stills,  her heart skips a beat as Yooh Jae Heon gets close and holds onto her shoulders while giving her acting instructions. She expressed her gratitude to him by commenting, “In this drama, I have a lot of scenes with Kang Ha Neul, so I was very nervous at first. But I was really grateful because he approached me first and cheerfully greeted me. Because he did his best to make the atmosphere as comfortable as possible, I was able to adjust more quickly to the character of Yoon Hee. Even now, I’m learning a lot from seeing him act on set.” I hope they will have good chemistry as they act together. “Curtain Call” premieres on October 31 at 9:50 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.   :heart3:

Jung-Ji-So-Kang-Ha-Neul.jpg

Kang-Ha-Neul-5.jpg

Jung-Ji-So-Kang-Ha-Neul-3.jpg

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=108&aid=0003099635

*** KHN has personally shared key points to look forward to his upcoming drama "Curtain Call". He shared, “After Yoo Jae Heon thinks too casually of the grandmother’s final wish and takes it on, the image of his growth as a human is charming. Please focus on this growth story of one human.” I think Ha Ji Won’s dazzling acting and beauty and Go Doo Shim’s elegance and grace will give viewers happiness.”  “Curtain Call” premieres on October 31 at 9:50 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki. Super looking forward to this drama.  :Ohboy3:

Curtain-Call-4-1536x1536.jpeg

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=011&aid=0004115131

*** With the premiere tomorrow, Monday October 31st, "Curtain Call" has been pushing out their last round of promos, including a beautiful new poster. It's finally almost here! The drama will follow The Law Cafe in the Monday-Tuesday slot. Looking forward to this drama. Ha Ji Woon and Kang Ha Neul are gonna play double role in the series as she is gonna play her grandmother in the past and he her love interest. This looks good, hope the show is good! "CURTAIN

CALL" is on Viki US’s “Coming Soon” list.   :popcornjackson:

Kang Ha Neul, Ha Ji Won, And Go Doo Shim’s Upcoming Drama “Curtain Call” Introduces 4 Reasons To Anticipate The Premiere

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

KBS2’s upcoming drama “Curtain Call” has revealed four intriguing points to keep an eye on!

“Curtain Call” tells the story of an elderly hotelier from North Korea who doesn’t have much time left to live and a theatre actor who acts as her grandson in order to fulfill her final wish. Kang Ha Neul will star as Yoo Jae Heon, the unknown theatre actor who undertakes a life-changing endeavor, while Ha Ji Won will star as heiress Park Se Yeon, who manages the Nakwon Hotel owned by her grandmother Ja Geum Soon (Go Doo Shim).

Here are four key points to get you even more excited for the new series!

Spoiler

The star-studded cast lineup and their synergy

The collaboration of skillful actors including Kang Ha Neul, Ha Ji Won, Go Doo Shim, Sung Dong Il, Jung Ji So, Noh Sang Hyun, Ji Seung Hyun, Choi Dae Hoon, Hwang Woo Seul Hye, and Kwon Sang Woo draws viewers’ attention. As the actors who have appeared in various major dramas and films, they are expected to make viewers immersed into the story from the very first episode with their stand-out acting skills.

311381193_521558155970501_56365777220074

The magnificent historical stories that unfold

“Curtain Call” kicks off with overwhelming stories from the first episode as the drama conveys a heavy message of what it is like for a woman with deep historical pain to live and look back on what a family means to her. From the tense Heungnam evacuation operation in the 1950s to the heartbreaking fourth reunion of separated families in 2002, magnificent stories spanning three generations will unfold vividly.

With regards to the Heungnam evacuation operation scene, director Yoon Sang Ho remarked, “It took a total of 10 months from planning to post-production. The desperate parting during the Heungnam evacuation operation is a scene that should appeal the most to the viewers. This specific scene will illuminate the appearance of Ja Geum Soon who went through the winding times.”

307790191_186218743892132_69548283095665

The advent of an unusual con artist

“Curtain Call” kicks off as Yoo Jae Heon, an unknown theater actor, transforms into a con artist and enters the Ja Geum Soon family in order to fulfill the last wish of the grandma who has only three months to live. Yoo Jae Heon matures as he goes through various events with Geum Soon’s family, bringing out the unique charm of “Curtain Call.”

311276407_132929786181090_74498243488662

Go Doo Shim’s enthusiastic performance in tears

The power that penetrates “Curtain Call” lies in the gentle consolation for separated families who live with sorrow. Go Doo Shim’s portrayal of Ja Geum Soon is expected to give birth to an epic poem that contains deep emotion and resonance. On top of this, trivial moments of her daily life are expected to add joy and twists to the story. The actors also confidently shared that they chose this project because of the novel setting and moving story, which is the one and only play for a terminally ill grandma.

307855144_154077257253434_29389021858686

The press conference for “Curtain Call,” which was originally scheduled for October 31 at 2 p.m. KST, has been canceled in wake of the Itaewon tragedy. Episode 1 will air as scheduled on October 31 at 9:50 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki!

Check out a teaser below:

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

*** "Curtain Call" is finally dropping TONIGHT!   :kisslevel:

Time slot: Monday-Tuesday
Broadcaster: KBS
Genre: Drama
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: I am really looking forward to this one — and not just because I love the leading cast. And not just because I’m excited for what seems to be an old-school drama setup, with a complicated love square and The Love That Cannot Be. And not just because it boasts one of my favorite stories of all time: a person pretending to be another and then falling in love with his new false life. But take all those reasons, add the PD (River Where the Moon Rises!), and add Noh Sang-hyun, and — well — you will have a pretty accurate reading of my excitement level.

TL;DR: Kang Haneul, Ha Ji-won, classic drama vibes, chaebol heirs, play-acting grandsons, the makings of drama greatness

source : Dramabeans

*** The cast of “Curtain Call” is playful in a new behind-the-scenes clip from their poster shoot! Laughing, Kang Ha Neul explains that he plays both Yoo Jae Heon and Ri Moon Sung. He shares, “The people watching this video are likely very curious. Why does he have two names?” He explains that a special circumstance turns theatre actor Yoo Jae Heon into Ri Moon Sung and comments, “That’s how this story of emotion and chaotic growth with Geum Soon comes to be.”  The 2-leads giggle and try their best to remain professional despite the strong wind ruining their hair. He shares that he is constantly thinking about what viewers will think about their drama. “Curtain Call” premiered last night October 31st and Episode 2 will air TONIGHT November 1st at 9:50 p.m. KST.   :Megathanks:

video credit : soompi news