Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ [Movie 2023] Dream [Upcoming Drama 2024] Squid Game season 2

Go Seung Ji

*** If you search for Kang Ha Neul‘s Instagram, the only official account for him is one managed by his agency, TH Company. He deleted his personal Instagram account a couple of years ago and shared the reasons behind doing so on a recent episode of The K-Star Next Door. It was his choice for deleting his IG. A few things made him realize it wasn’t for him. The first reason was that he doesn’t “take pictures a lot,” which is one of the primary purposes of the platform.  :coolshades:

*** Kang Ha Neul revealed why he disliked being called an actor so much while promoting his upcoming movie "30 Days" . Kang Ha Neul explained he hasn’t earned the title yet because he’s still growing as an actor. It’s also why he writes “student” whenever he has to list his job on a form. He “feels better” when people just call him Kang Ha Neul.   :blush:

iAP4d_uOlwdtq0vW_SN7MO1FjZq-i84jGDHnShT1

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/news/kang-ha-neul-dislikes-called-actor-reason-kstar-next-door/

*** When Kang Ha Neul guested on "The K-Star Next Door", Jonathan, the host mentioned Jung So Min’s lookalike IVE‘s An Yujin especially their eyes and noses. He even pulled out the evidence that proved the striking resemblance between her and the idol. When Jonathan showed the collage of An Yujin and Jung So Min photos, Kang Ha Neul thought they were all photos of the latter. He said, “When I first saw this, I thought this was So Min. Is this you?” They all laugh at Kang Ha Neul’s confusion between the two.   :kitty:

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/news/actor-kang-ha-neul-jung-so-min-lookalike-ive-yujin/

*** Jung So Min talked about her time working with Kang Ha Neul in '30 Days' in an interview published on September 26. During the interview, Jung So Min said that she and Kang Ha Neul grew closer while filming '30 Days' than they had been while shooting 'Twenty' eight years earlier. "We got along fine back then, but it was better this time. When working with other actors for the first time, it takes some time to get to know them and learn how to talk to them. However, since Kang Ha Neul and I worked together before, we could skip all that this time around. It has been a big help. When we were shooting 'Twenty', I would say that we were friendly but a bit polite to each other. But now we have become close friends who can talk to each other easily. We became close enough that I don't feel any hesitation in playing a joke on him." Jung So Min went on to describe what kind of person Kang Ha Neul is. "Kang Ha Neul is the kind of guy who makes it easy to be around him. I know many have said this about him before, but he cares about others and does it without thinking. I think his ability to make people feel comfortable is one of his greatest strengths and most charming traits." In the movie, Jung So Min and Kang Ha Neul portray some romantic scenes as a married couple. She frankly said, "It was awkward. We both felt that way, but we somehow filmed it pretending we weren't."  :heart2:

201838281_700.webp

201838284_700.webp

source : SBS Star

*** On Oct 1st, Kang Ha-neul and Jung So-min  appeared on the YouTube channel “Vogue Korea” for their upcoming movie "30 Days". When asked to introduce each other, Kang Ha-neul praised Jung So-min, “She’s J. I’m not a very organized person. She took really good care of me throughout the shoot. You might wonder if there’s someone who takes care of people this much.” Embarrassed, Jung So-min said, “I feel like I’m trapped in a prison of compliments.” Kang Ha-neul added, “Her personality is nothing but to praise.” Jung So-min then introduced Kang Ha-neul, “My friend Ha-neul rarely leaves home when he has no work. When he arrives at the set, even if you can’t see his face, you’ll know he’s arrived. Because he came in and greeted in a very loud voice. Dispelling the morning fatigue with an entrance.” 

When asked about their first impressions of each other, Kang Ha-neul replied, “We first met during the reading for the movie ‘Twenty’. I remember that she was very white and pretty. But current impression is… Just… She’s so pretty.” Jung So-min said, “I’ll go out for a moment.” However, after saying “No, sit down”, Kang Ha-neul did not stop praising her, “She’s super pretty now.” Jung So-min confessed, “We met when we were much younger, and throughout all these years, the Ha-neul I’ve known has remained pretty consistent. He doesn’t lose his good qualities and keeps them. I’ve never seen someone like Ha-neul, who hasn’t changed a bit in 7 years. His personality is the same, and even his appearance is the same. There was a time when the ‘Twenty’ team came to our house. He got along with my mom. He was friendly and sociable. As if he’s known her before. He was like that back then. And he’s still the same in every way.”  :kicks:

https://youtu.be/0bob_Kdxmfs

source : https://news.nate.com/view/20231003n00246

*** As of 2:04 on October 1st (KST), the movie “30 Days” recorded 48,218 reservations, ranking first in the new reservation rate. I'm glad that the movie, which is scheduled to be released on October 3rd, has recorded a sharp rise in reservation rates in Korea. “30 Days” followed closely the reservation rate of “Dr. Cheon and The Lost Talisman”  and is now ranking second in the overall reservation rate.   :piggie:

source : https://kbizoom.com/30-days-starring-kang-ha-neul-ranked-no-1-in-ticket-reservation-closing-following-kang-dong-wons-dr-cheon/

[Herald Interview] When ‘comedy freak’ filmmaker makes rom-com '30 Days’

Director Nam Dae-jung who directed comedy flicks “The Last Ride" (2016) and “Homme Fatale” (2019), has returned with “30 Days,” a rom-com featuring a couple with amnesia going through a comical divorce.

Nam said he watched the film hundreds of times while editing.

“The film ended shooting in February this year. Since then until the opening of the film, I think I’ve watched the film more than 600 times while editing. This is because, for comedy films, the timing of each frame is really important to give the audience a certain point to laugh,” Nam told The Korea Herald in an interview in Seoul on Monday.

"30 Days" revolves around Jung-yeol (Kang Ha-neul), an intelligent lawyer, and his wife Nara (Jung So-min), a passionate film producer. Despite their initial cute, idyllic newlywed life, the quirks that made them fall in love with each other eventually drive nerdy Jung-yeol and quick-tempered Nara apart.

20230926000888_0.jpg

Kang and Jung, both 34, reunited on screen for the first time since the 2015 hit film “Twenty.”

“It’s not that I intended to put the couple together, but I had already chosen Kang, who seemed just like Jung-yeol, as the male lead. Jung, who starred in my last film, was a good person to work with again, so I had no hesitation in casting them,” Nam said.

A self-described "comedy freak" who watches a wide range of comedy films from all around the world, Nam said he is the type of person who wants to make people around him laugh.

“When I’m together with my friends, I just cannot stand the silence. So I have a desire to break the silence with my humor," Nam said.

"Such personality makes me focus on making comedy films, which I can do better than any other genre such as horror or drama. I see that as my strength.”

Some of his personal favorites are works of Adam Sandler and Scarlett Johansson’s “Rough Night” (2017).

In "30 Days," several comical scenes are drawn from his own experience, he said.

“There is a point in the film when Jung-yeol becomes pessimistic and talks to Nara in a very sarcastic way, like saying ‘What do I know about it? I’m just a jobless person’ to every question that Nara asks. That’s actually me in the past, in agony, writing the scenario when the investment or casting didn’t go well,” said Nam, laughing.

Although the scenes are dramatized, he believes they are still very relatable.

“Don’t you think that you'd have that one friend who wants to go out but has an exam tomorrow, so he decides to bring all his textbooks and starts to read in the pub? You may also have a friend whose eyes are glued to the smartphone screen for the whole time he’s with you but you don’t feel uncomfortable about it," Nam said.

“Or is it just me? Maybe I have lived a comedylike life as a comedy film director."

“30 Days” hits theaters on Oct. 3.

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20230926000836

*** The movie '30 Days' has been garnering record-breaking attention and popularity since its launch. Topping overall reservation rates a day prior to its release, the movie emerged as a surprising box office hit, making significant waves during Chuseok. Audiences have been showering the movie with rave reviews, contributing to its stellar 98% ranking on the CGV Golden Egg Index since its release. It is also being praised for its cinematic quality and story-telling prowess. Hence, this movie is not to be missed. Awesome!  :blush:

1696312962-30-days-opening.jpeg

1696312983-30-days-ratings.jpeg

1696312998-30-days-ratings-poster.jpeg

source : https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/10/30-days-starring-jung-so-min-and-kang-ha-neul-takes-box-office-by-storm-amid-positive-reviews

4 Reasons To Look Forward To Upcoming K-Movie "Love Reset/ 30 days" Starring Kang HaNeul & Jung SoMin

Kang HaNeul and Jung SoMin are gearing up to bring us the rom-com of the year with the upcoming Korean movie "Love Reset".

kang-haneul-jung-somin.png

Beloved Hallyu top stars Kang HaNeul and Jung SoMin are set to return to the silver screen with their film "Love Reset" tomorrow, October 3, 2023. "Love Reset" is a classic rom-com that tells the story of an ordinary couple, No JeongYeol (played by Kang HaNeul) and Hong NaRa (played by Jung SoMin), who are irrevocably in love at the start of their relationship and get married despite opposition from family members. However, things go awfully wrong down the road as the two head for a divorce two years into the marriage. As they exit the courthouse with a 30-day divorce settlement period, a car accident leaves them with amnesia. As fate would have it, they fall for each other again, but this time, their families are determined to separate them by helping them regain their memories in 30 days and finalize the divorce.

love-reset-poster.jpg

CGV

Here are four reasons why you should be looking forward to Kang HaNeul and Jung SoMin in "Love Reset"!

1. Unbeatable Chemistry

love-reset-1.jpg

"Love Reset" Movie

The first and foremost reason why fans are so excited about "Love Reset" is the heart-fluttering, unbeatable chemistry between lead actors Kang HaNeul and Jung SoMin. Even before watching the film, fans can already tell from the trailers and promotional contents that both actors had an amazing time shooting this film. If their off-screen chemistry is so fantastic, it is natural that their on-screen chemistry is also going to be off the charts. Moreover, with both actors being icons of romantic comedy, "Love Reset" is undoubtedly set for success.

2. Extremes of Everything

Spoiler

love-reset-2.jpg

"Love Reset" is the story of a couple so deeply in love that they disregard everyone else and tie the knot. However, after this extreme of love, they quickly get to the opposite extreme, where they must file for divorce. Everything in between is sheer chaos and shenanigans that will leave you rolling on the floor laughing. From the married couple bickering to not being able to stand each other and finally falling in love all over again - there's no middle ground in this film. It's simply the extreme of entertainment, thanks to the extremely outstanding acting performances by our cast.

3. The Intervention

love-reset-3.jpg

"Love Reset" Movie

When there's family involved in a marriage, especially one that was against it, and even more so if it's in a rom-com, an intervention is bound to happen. In the case of "Love Reset", the families of our main characters take it upon themselves to restore their memories through an elaborate 30-day plan so that they don't end up making the same "mistake" all over again. Needless to say, they will try whatever means necessary to get to their desired end, and these means will evoke quite the laughter, we assume. With the power of love on JeongYeol and NaRa's side and the power of logic and experience on their family's, who will emerge victorious? Will destiny mend what was broken after all?

4. Second Chance Romance

love-reset-4.jpg

"Love Reset" Movie

If you have a weakness for second chance romances, "Love Reset" is going to be a must-watch. You'll follow the main couple as they fall in and out of love, only to remember why they fell in love in the first place. The highlight of such stories is always the point of reversal, where our characters learn to appreciate each other anew and protect their love despite all odds. In conclusion, "Love Reset" is an "us against the world" story that will be both heart-warming and side-splitting. In other words - a true delight!

You can check out the trailer for "Love Reset" below!

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/4-reasons-to-look-forward-to-upcoming-k-movie-love-reset-starring-kang-haneul-jung-somin/

"30 days" Opening 2023/10/03 in Korea

photo1719679.jpg

Directed by Nam Dae-joong

With Kang Ha-neul, Jung So-min, Jo Min-soo, Kim Sun-young, Hwang Se-in, Yoon Kyung-ho,...

FIlming dates: 2022/11/16~2023/02/10
Synopsis
Despite heavy opposition from family, Jeong-yeol and Na-ra succeed in getting married through the sheer power of love. But fast forward two years, and the two are leaving a courthouse after receiving a 30-day divorce settlement period, when a car accident causes them to lose both their memories. The amnesia-stricken couple quickly fall for each other again, and their family members devise an elaborate 30-day plan to recall their memories and complete the divorce.

*** "30 DAYS" is now the most commonly reserved film at theaters. Over fifty thousand early tickets have already been purchased. Strong positive reaction to early screenings of the movie are credited for the apparent popularity. The movie has one advantage over its Korean Chuseok competition- as a romantic comedy, it has a wildly different tone from any of the recent offerings at the South Korean box office. "30 DAYS" marked its theatrical debut on October 3rd.   :blush:

*** The romantic comedy film "30 Days" made a splash in theaters, hitting all the right notes for box office success. According to the Korean Film Council, on the 3rd of October alone, the movie attracted a whopping 171,982 viewers, shooting straight to the number one spot in the box office. It has amassed a total of 192,170 moviegoers, including previews. Once dominating the theater scene during the Chuseok holidays, the film Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman has dropped to second place. The movie struck gold on its first day, getting 171,000 moviegoers and quickly emerging as a box office powerhouse. A representative told Sports Chosun, “It seems like the audience has recognized the unique charm of 30 Days. The movie is an ensemble of director Nam Dae Jung’s clever storytelling and the actors’ harmonious performances. Starting the previews early, based on our confidence in the film, also played a role in the box office success. Word of mouth helped the movie to be chosen by audiences even after the holiday season and into the beginning of October.”   :heart3:

BF.34545263.1.jpg

2023100601000306700038251.jpg

source : https://sports.chosun.com/entertainment/2023-10-05/202310060100030670003825?t=n1

[Box office] Movies in theaters this week

20231005000851_0.jpg

“30 Days”

(South Korea)

Opened Oct. 3

Comedy

Directed by Nam Dae-joong

Jung-yeol (Kang Ha-neul), an intelligent lawyer, and his wife Nara (Jung So-min), a passionate film producer, see their idyllic newlywed life eventually drive nerdy Jung-yeol and quick-tempered Nara apart.

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20231005000792

New K-dramas Returning With Spin-Off & Sequel: ‘Strong Girl Namsoon,’ ‘Hospital Playlist,’ More

Broadcast networks and streaming platforms are gearing up with amazing new K-dramas set to air in October 2023.

Interestingly, some of them include much-awaited sequels and spin-offs of fan-favorite K-dramas.

If you happen to love a certain K-drama, it's usual to look for season 2 of that particular show; however, some networks and platforms take months or even years to release a sequel.

On the other hand, there are some who chose to release a spin-off instead of a new season. The difference is that the spin-off of the show tends to introduce new characters, while the sequel is the continuation of the original show.

As we dive deep into new K-dramas, here are the shows returning with a sequel or spin-off.

'Squid Game' Season 2

The list of K-dramas with season 2 will not be complete without the blockbuster K-drama "Squid Game."

After the Netflix series created a huge craze in 2021, the death-defying mission is back in 2024.

With a mix of new and returning cast members, "Squid Game" season 2 stars Lee Byung Hun, Lee Jung Jae, and Wi Ha Joon, along with Kang Ha Neul, Im Si Wan, and more. 

source : https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/131545/20231006/new-k-dramas-spin-off-sequel-strong-girl-namsoon-hospital-playlist.htm

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2023.10.06 ~ 2023.10.08

credit : https://www.kobis.or.kr/kobis/business/main/main.do

photo1721751.jpg

Films Release date Week-end Total
1 "Love Reset" (30일) 2023/10/03 343 219 619 865
2 "Dr. Cheon and the Lost Talisman" (천박사 퇴마 연구소: 설경의 비밀) 2023/09/27 142 263 1 702 677
3 "The Creator"   75 659 189 038
4 "Road to Boston" (1947 보스톤) 2023/09/27 68 058 829 085
5 "PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie"   41 613 49 102
6 "The Nun II"   36 321 310 598
7 "Sana" (ミンナのウタ )   23 173 36 099
8 "Cobweb" (거미집) 2023/09/27 17 068 290 460
9 "Hopeless" (화란) 2023/10/11 15 276 17 239
10 "Butt Detective the Movie SHIRIARTY" (映画 おしりたんてい シリアーティ)   10 879 120 941

*** Kang Ha Neul and Jung So Min’s rom-com film "30 Days" has been the top new release for the sixth consecutive day. According to the reports by the Korean Film Council on October 9th, the movie drew in 173,352 audiences nationwide on the 8th. Its current cumulative total of 619,884 people is expected to reach the 1 million mark. The movie cast and crew continued their promotional activities in Busan and Daegu over the weekend.   :kicks:

e5cff2f9-d5f4-4f15-b4ef-8bc38b26be10.jpg

source : https://ent.sbs.co.kr/news/article.do?article_id=E10010278157

*** Jung So Min and Kang Ha Neul were a couple in the movie "Twenty," which was released in 2015. She expressed her appreciation for Kang Ha Neul who didn't change at all even after seven years of friendship. She said, "He's still friendly and all the same." Currently, their rom-com film "30 Days" is now screening in theaters.  :kaching3:

Kang Ha-neul and Jung So-min's rom-com '30 Days' soars at box office

9a1ab3d6-3b7a-4b60-8ef1-a98c5a76625b.jpg

By Lee Gyu-lee

Romantic comedy film "30 Days," starring actors Kang Ha-neul and Jung So-min, has been soaring in the local box office, beating out Gang Dong-Won’s blockbuster flick "Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman."

The film has been topping the chart for seven consecutive days since its opening on Oct. 3, accumulating about 438,000 ticket sales over the three-day holiday weekend alone. It has garnered a total of over 774,000 ticket sales, grossing 7.65 billion won ($5.67 million), as of Monday.

Led by Nam Dae-joong, who directed the 2019 rom-com flick "Homme Fatale," the rom-com flick revolves around a soon-to-be-divorced couple, No Jung-yeol (Kang) and Hong Na-ra (Jung).

Counting down their 30-day divorce mediation process, the two get into a car accident that leads both of them to lose their memories, adding a twist to their journey.

"Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman" took second spot in the holiday weekend box office, accumulating about 160,000 ticket sales over the three days.

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2023/10/689_360854.html

*** According to figures recently released by the Korean Film Council, "Love Reset"/30Days" has confirmed its run on top of the South Korean box office for an eighth straight day. The romantic comedy had 40,336 admissions on October 10th, bringing the film's current total to 814,626 admissions as it inches its way toward a million viewers. Early receipts for a possible ninth day are also promising, with the movie outperforming the new releases "Miss Fortune" and "Hopeless" on their opening day.   :blush:

photo1723539.jpg