Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ [Movie 2023] Dream [Upcoming Drama 2024] Squid Game season 2

Go Seung Ji

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Dec. 12-18, 2022

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/12/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-dec-12-18-2022/

Monday, December 12      
Curtain Call 11 KBS 5.5%
Cheer Up 15 SBS 1.9%
Behind Every Star 11 tvN 2.4%

Tuesday, December 13      
Curtain Call 12 KBS 6.1%
Cheer Up 16 SBS 2.2%
Behind Every Star 12 tvN 3.6%

*** *** According to Nielsen Korea, episode 14 of KBS2’s “Curtain Call” enjoyed a boost in ratings by garnering an average nationwide rating of 5.2 percent. This is a 0.6 percent increase from its previous episode’s rating of 4.6 percent.  :Megathanks:

source : http://www.celuvmedia.com/article.php?aid=1671575906442943006

*** Time flies so fast....“Curtain Call” has come to a close! According to Nielsen Korea, last night's EP, which was the December 27th finale, the drama garnered an average nationwide rating of 5.7 percent for episode 16, marking a slight boost from the previous episode’s record of 5.3 percent.   :sweet:

source : http://www.celuvmedia.com/article.php?aid=1672178691443450006

*** The lead actors of “Curtain Call” have shared their closing statements! The drama aired its 16th and final episode on December 27th. Following the finale, Kang Ha Neul commented, “I filmed while thinking about what I could do to look a bit more like Yoo Jae Heon or Ri Moon Sung. I hope this remains as a project that closes its curtains while both I and viewers are all applauding. Jae Heon’s love for theatre performances, his longing [to perform], and his constantly positive mindset are all similar to me. Next time, when I play another role of someone in theatre, I think I’ll be reminded of Jae Heon. I think after running auditions for his project, Jae Heon will be asking Se Yeon for dinner. I think Se Gyu [Choi Dae Hoon] will have given up on acting. I believe Jae Heon will be in the midst of convincing him to work for the hotel.”    :kisslevel:

image_readtop_2022_1166713_1672208761529

source : https://star.mbn.co.kr/view.php?year=2022&no=1166713&refer=portal

*** KBS has celebrated its top dramas and actors at their annual awards ceremony last night, December 31st. The network held its annual KBS Drama Awards with MCs Jun Hyun Moo, CNBLUE’s Jung Yong Hwa, and Girl’s Day’s Hyeri. “Curtain Call” was the drama that took home the most wins with six. KHN won as Top Excellence Award (Actor) for this drama.  Congratulations to KHN!   :Megathanks:

11e035dc-ec99-48c6-9a25-5fde31bf56ef.jpg

source : https://news.jtbc.co.kr/article/article.aspx?news_id=NB12109320

*** Ahead of the ceremony, KHN and Ha Ji Won took to the red carpet and posed for cameras during the 2022 KBS

Drama Awards last night, December 31st.   :wut:   I love their shot together. They have beautiful smiles. His smile was brightening up the whole red carpet!

Ha Ji Won, Kang Ha Neul

ha-ji-won-kang-ha-neul-xpn.jpeg

Photo Credit: Xportsnews

*** Curtain Call  end this week —  :heart:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Dec. 26-Jan. 1, 2022

LINK here : Dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/01/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-dec-26-jan-1-2022/

Monday, December 26      
Curtain Call 15 KBS 5.3%
Trolley 3 SBS 3.8%
Missing: The Other Side  2 3 tvN 4.4%

Tuesday, December 27      
Curtain Call 16 KBS 5.7%
Trolley 4 SBS 3.6%
Missing: The Other Side  2 4 tvN 4.5%

Murder DIEary, A Good Day To Be A Dog and more: 7 webtoon-based K-Dramas releasing in 2023

Here are some of the exciting webtoon adaptation K-Dramas in 2023. Read ahead to know more.

In 2023, there are many webtoon based K-Dramas confirmed and in production so here are some that we are excited about :- 

Death’s Game (Kang Ha Neul

The drama is based on the popular webtoon of the same name. It depicts the story of a character whose new life begins with death. It is known that Kang Ha Neul was offered the role of Choi Yi Jae, the main character. Choi Yi Jae, the main character in the drama, made an extreme choice after failing to get a job and love, but it is known that actor Kang Ha Neul was offered the role as a reincarnated character.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/murder-dieary-a-good-day-to-be-a-dog-and-more-7-webtoon-based-k-dramas-releasing-in-2023-1205436

Top 10 Currently Most Buzz-Worthy Dramas in South Korea for the Fifth Week of December

Good Data Corporation has just released the top 10 most buzz-worthy dramas for the last week of 2022. The list was compiled from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media posts about them. 'Alchemy of Souls 2' took the top spot, followed by 'The Interest of Love' and 'Missing: The Other Side 2'.

#8 KBS' 'Curtain Call' (3.40 points) 

20230109_024217_630_0.jpg

Image Source: KBS

Top 10 January 2023 Movie Stars Brand Reputation Rankings

For the complete list, here are the top 30 stars who made it to January Movie Actor Brand Reputation Rankings.

1. Son Seok Koo
  2. Choi Min Shik
  3. Hyun Bin
  4. Lee Sung Min
  5. Kim Nam Gil
  6. Lee Byung Hoon
  7. Kim Hye Soo
  8. Gong Yoo
  9. Kwon Sang Woo
  10. Jo Jung Suk
  11. Jung Hae In
  12. Lee Yi Kyung
  13. Ma Dong Seok
  14. Park Seo Joon
  15. Kim Tae Ri
  16. Yoo Hae Jin
  17.  Lee Jung Jae
  18. Ryu Jun Yeol
  19. Kang Ha Neul
  20. Lee Sun Bin
  21. Lee Sun Kyun
  22. Jung Woo Sung
  23. Hwang Jung Min
  24. Nam Joo Hyuk
  25. Ha Jung Woo
  26. Hwang Woo Sul Hye
  27. Seo In Guk
  28. Yoon Yoo Jung
  29. Lee Honey
  30. Kim Da Mi.

1673494270-57d6853b3161a889709fec9cc9826

1673494270-57d6853b3161a889709fec9cc9826

source : allkpop

*** It's no longer KHN in JTBC’s new drama “Death’s Game.” As reported by Star Today on January 12th, Seo In Suk and Park So Dam have been finalized as the male and female leads. Previously, Kang Ha Neul was offered to play the male lead but his appearance was canceled due to disagreements in the process of discussing OTT programming. In the end, the role was given to Seo In Guk.  :ohboy2:

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230112161801258

*** Kang Ha Neul sang a congratulatory song for his friend weather caster Kang Ah-rang at her wedding on January 15 held at The Shilla Seoul. They are university friends; they went to Joong-ang University together. He sang the famous

English song 'You Raise Me Up'. He sounds so tender, beautiful and sweet.   :shaq:

201742587_1280.jpg

source : SBS Star

*** The list of the top 30 drama actors in Korea with the highest brand reputation indexes for the month of January has been revealed. The Korea Institute of Corporate Reputation has released the brand value for drama actors in Korea for the month of January. According to the data collected from December 19th to January 19th, Song Hyekyo ranked first, followed by Song Joongki and Go Yoonjung. Song Hyekyo scored 10,041,913, while Song Joongki and Go Yoonjung scored 8,005,509 and 7,605,799, respectively. The rest of the actors in the top 30 were Go Soo, Ha Jiwon, and Kang Haneul. Congratulations to everyone who made it to the list! 

*** I re-watched “Insider” since I was not able to do it continuously during its airing because of lack of time. The drama shows how hard it is to survive in a corrupt system. I find “Insider” heavy to watch. There was just so much happening in this show. Still, the show delivered twist after twist with satisfying payoffs in order for KHN to claw his way back up. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed “Insider” — The ending was about to be roped into another operation, though. Surprisingly enough, I was fine with the ending.  I felt jilted by Soo Yeon’s decision to surrender herself. I wanted her like to "Go on with your badass self!!" – hahaha - She deserved to be free. I like it when he said "I'll stick by you like you've for me" um…. partners in crime? This drama is one of those shows where there were a lot of characters & sometimes it was a bit hard to keep track of who was who.  :sweet:

• 2 weeks later...

From Start-Up to Goblin: Here's a list of 25 Best Romantic Korean Dramas of All Time

Best romantic Korean dramas to binge watch this year

While romance has always been a popular genre when it came to TV shows, people’s love for romantic dramas reached another level when the Hallyu wave acquainted them with Korean romantic dramas. Korean dramas are loved and admired by the world for their directorial and visual finesse. K-dramas cover a wide range of shows but their romantic ones have a separate fan base. 

Goblin’, ‘Descendants of The Sun’, ‘W: Two Worlds’, ‘Pinocchio’, ‘Crash Landing On You’ are some of the many Korean romantic dramas that were able to amass a massive viewership during the course of their broadcast. Their receptive popularity however was not limited to the time of their airing but in fact, went beyond that. These shows are shared favorites for a huge portion of K-drama fans. 

The rising popularity of Korean dramas can be attributed to a myriad of various factors besides their production merit.

K-dramas are accessible. They can be enjoyed via a variety of streaming platforms and have subtitles. When it comes to watching shows, subtitles facilitate the broadening of a horizon. Subtitles prevent language from becoming a barrier between any one who appreciates or is looking to explore any artform in a foreign language. 

When the Camellia Blooms

Picture Courtesy: Asianwiki

Created by: Cha Yeong Hoon

Cast: Gong Hyo Jin as Oh Dong Baek, Kim Ji Seok as Kang Jang Ryul, Kang Ha Neul as Hwang Yong Shik

Genre: Thriller, Comedy, Romance.

A hard-working single mother, Oh Dong Baek (Gong Hyo Jin) starts afresh in a town called Ongsan where she opens a bar. She names the bar Camellia and ends up meeting some very interesting people there. Settling down in Ongsan is no cake walk and Dong Baek faces her share of hardships as she builds a new life for herself.

A few years later, Dong Baek meets a cheerful police officer named Hwang Yong Sik. He makes his affection for Dong Baek very clear. Things get a little dark when a killer decides to make Dong Baek his next victim!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/from-start-up-to-goblin-heres-a-list-of-25-best-romantic-korean-dramas-of-all-time-1207969

5 K-Dramas To Watch If You Liked "The Interest Of Love"

Wondering what to watch now that "The Interest of Love" has ended? Look no further, because we have the list for you!

2. "When The Camellia Blooms"

When-The-Camellia-Blooms.jpg

There's a beautiful garden of love waiting within the KBS drama "When the Camellia Blooms". The touching drama stars Kong HyoJin as Dong Baek and Kang HaNeul as Hwang YongSik. Dong Baek is a single mother and the owner of a bar who faces many hardships. YongSik is a kind local police officer with a warm heart. The two begin a relationship, all while looking for a crime suspect.

"When the Camellia Blooms" is an incredibly touching drama and each character has unique quirks that make them loveable and sincere. The sweet innocence that exudes from YongSik is admirable, and you cannot help but cheer him on as he steadily makes his feelings for Dong Baek known. It definitely takes some time for their relationship to develop, but it's all worth it in the end. The small happenings with the supporting cast also adds layers of depth and excitement to this already amazing drama.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/5-k-dramas-to-watch-if-you-liked-the-interest-of-love/

*** Kang Ha Neul is indeed a man of talent. He's also one of the stars who can speak and sing in English. Kang Ha Neul is also a musical theater actor for almost two decades now.   :kisslevel:   Up to this writing, Kang Ha Neul's Elton John's "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" cover has reached more than 150,000 views across the globe, proving his singing prowess in English.

video source : Kdramastars

*** Movie "30 Days" revealed a cute picture of Kang Ha Neul and Jung So Min as they wrap up the bulk filming for the new film on February 10th. The movie '30 Days' (tentative title) is a comical romance between Noh Jung Yeol (Kang Ha Neul) and Hong Na Ra (Jung So Min), who suffer from amnesia due to an unexpected accident just 30 days before the end of their romance, which started as a romance but turned into a thriller. Kang Ha Neul and Jung So Min, who met again as lovers, show the whole process of love in this work with reversal charms, creating a new style of comic romance. Kang Ha Neul said, "During the filming, I was so happy that I was looking forward to the next day's filming. I believe it will be a movie that will bring a good laugh to the audience." Looking forward to the character they will show.   :Fist1:

1519646112_kanghaneul_jungsomin-1_1280*7

source : Pinkvilla