Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ [Movie 2023] Dream [Upcoming Drama 2024] Squid Game season 2

Go Seung Ji

On 11/15/2019 at 5:06 PM, willenette said:

*** The drama "When the Camellia Blooms" rated 14.0% - 18.1% on last night's EP (November 14th), which is lower than the previous episode. :o

It's usually the newest episode which rates higher than the previous episode. But I find the slight dip understandable since this episode focused more on GHJ's character Dongbaek and her son Pilgu's separation and reunion. The episode which got 20% was really entertaining thanks to the ahjumma gang. Anyway, still very happy the drama is averaging this high and is clearly dominating the ratings. The competition are stuck in the 3% range. :D Congratulations KHN for a terrific job as YS. I hope he gets CF and plenty of movie offers.

17 minutes ago, htk9207 said:

It's usually the newest episode which rates higher than the previous episode. But I find the slight dip understandable since this episode focused more on GHJ's character Dongbaek and her son Pilgu's separation and reunion. The episode which got 20% was really entertaining thanks to the ahjumma gang. Anyway, still very happy the drama is averaging this high and is clearly dominating the ratings. The competition are stuck in the 3% range. :D Congratulations KHN for a terrific job as YS. I hope he gets CF and plenty of movie offers.

Hi htk9207, “When the Camellia Blooms,” will air its final episodes on November 20 and 21 at 10 p.m. KST. After this drama, he has decided on his next acting project already! Kang Ha Neul will be taking to the stage for the play ‘Fable of Fantasy." This is a play about three colorfully unique clowns of love, art, and war, each of whom have very different philosophies and artistic viewpoints, as they contribute to the story of protagonists Hans and Marie. The play opens on December 21 and runs until March 1, 2020. He will begin performing in January next year. (2020) Kang Ha Neul is a versatile actor in his own right.  I'm happy that he hit it big tremendously in his comeback. :P

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, jelly said:

One question, I know that he will performing in January 2020. But the play runs until March 1, 2020 does that mean he will be performing throughout March or only January? Thanks.

Hi jelly, as far as I know, KHN will be performing until the end of run of this stage play. :P

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Nov. 11-17, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

When the Camellia Blooms, hitting 20 percent with its 34th episode. And Camellia still has one week to go!

Wednesday, Nov. 13      
When the Camellia Blooms 33 KBS 17.9%
When the Camellia Blooms 34 KBS 20.7%
Extraordinary You 25 MBC 2.9%
Extraordinary You 26 MBC 3.1%
Secret Boutique 12 SBS 3.2%
Miss Lee 15 tvN 2.5%
Thursday, Nov. 14      
When the Camellia Blooms 35 KBS 14.0%
When the Camellia Blooms 36 KBS 18.1%
Extraordinary You 27 MBC 2.7%
Extraordinary You 28 MBC 3.0%
Secret Boutique 13 SBS 3.5%
Miss Lee 16 tvN 3.9%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/11/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-nov-11-17-2019/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jelly said:

Lol thanks :) That's great that it's till March 1. Also I love that he went back to his true love theater as well! 

Hi jellyye, he is not only active in taking roles in movies and dramas, but also in musicals and theater. He graduated from Chung-Ang University where he majored in Theater which reflects his passion in this field. He has a beautiful voice as he sang for one of his musical dramas’ OST, "Monstar", and his other dramas and musical theaters. During his MS, he joined a military musical theater alongside other Korean actors such as Ji Chang Wook and Infinite’s Sung Kyu called Shinheung Military Academy. His appearance in this musical actually gets good feedback from his fans. It wasn't the 1st time that he worked with JCW in a musical show. They worked together in a musical theater named "Thrill Me" back then in 2010. :P

• Like 1

*** According to Nielsen Korea’s viewership ratings report for the night of Wednesday, November 20, the drama “When the Camellia Blooms” garnered average nationwide ratings of 18.1 percent in the first half and 20.4 percent in the second half. This is the 2nd time that the drama has surpassed 20 percent in viewership ratings. This EP was a bit sad. NICE EP, though. :P

• Like 1

10 Korean Movies To Watch On Lonely Autumn Days

The last days of autumn can be quiet and calming if you are not in the Christmas mood yet. Sometimes there’s nothing better than taking some time for yourself and relaxing with a cup of hot chocolate or tea and a great movie. Get your fluffy blanket, make yourself a blanket burrito, and choose one of these amazing Korean movies to watch!

P.S. Some of them even feature your favorite idols and actors, so the eye candy factor is going to be the real “treat yourself” here!

“Midnight Runners”

If you are not in the mood for romantic or emotional movies and would rather watch great action movies that are also comedic gold, “Midnight Runners” is just what you’re looking for! Kang Ha Neul and Park Seo Joon are playing two police academy recruits who became best friends during their trainee days. After the police are in no hurry to jump on a case they reported, the duo decide to take the matter into their own hands. Whether they solve the case or not is your job to find out!

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

19 hours ago, htk9207 said:

Camellia still has one last episode left but I already miss his character YS. I've started watching Youth over Flowers in Iceland just to see him and Jo Jung Suk interact. :lol:

Hi htk, “When the Camellia Blooms” ended with a bang last night! According to Nielsen Korea, last night's EP November 21 the drama's finale scored average nationwide ratings of 19.7 percent and 23.8 percent for its two parts. The ratings mark the drama’s highest viewership ratings & surpassing its previous record of 20.7 percent. The broadcast also set a new record for the highest ratings achieved by any miniseries drama airing on any public broadcast network in 2019. It was an amazing drama! Totally awesome! So, it's a well deserved rating. Beyond my expectations..... It's so good seeing a male lead so absorbed in a role where it feels real. I love the ending! Perfect ending. Wow............ congratulations to the whole cast. especially to KHN! :P

• Love 1

*** KHN will be heading to Argentina for the second season of JTBC’s “Traveler”! Sounds fun! They will be exploring various regions of the country, from Buenos Aires to Patagonia to the southern tip of South America. Stay safe and have fun, KHN! The second season of “Traveler” is scheduled to air sometime in February next year (2020.) I'm excited to see this show. :P

• Awesome 1

*** Loved all the characters and each of their stories. Lots of life lessons to think on while watching. Such a good show. :P

Gong Hyo Jin, Kang Ha Neul, And More Say Goodbye To “When The Camellia Blooms”

8f8c0de968ca4c4f8f85cfb134060418.jpeg?s=

The cast of KBS 2TV’s “When the Camellia Blooms” expressed their thanks and final thoughts ahead of the show’s finale, which aired November 21 to its highest ratings ever.

Kang Ha Neul, who took on the role of Hwang Yong Sik, said, “Joining such a great project was an incredible fortune, and I won’t ever be able to forget the past six months. I honestly am not sure how well I portrayed Yong Sik, but I did my best to be sincere in the role, and I learned a lot from Yong Sik.”

• Love 1

24 minutes ago, willenette said:

It was an amazing drama! Totally awesome! So, it's a well deserved rating. Beyond my expectations..... It's so good seeing a male lead so absorbed in a role where it feels real. I love the ending! Perfect ending. Wow............ congratulations to the whole cast. especially to KHN! :P

I am totally loving the finale episode and so completely happy that it got an even higher rating. Very glad for KHN and the whole cast and crew. They deserve the praises and high ratings. So true, when he's portraying Yong Shik I don't see him as KHN at all. I love how he gave his all in his first ever leading role. I wish to see him get more leading roles that would challenge his acting skills. Glad that he's doing a travel show and a stage play. He's really making up for those two years in military. Wish him all the success he deserves for diligently working hard.

• Like 1

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ Completed Drama: When the Camellia Blooms

Kim Kang Hoon Picks Between Kang Ha Neul And Kim Ji Suk + Gives Jun Hyun Moo Relationship Advice

ef0003617e2448af936f5ad8d9694960.jpeg?s=

Child actor Kim Kang Hoon revealed some of his honest thoughts on “Happy Together.”

On November 28, Kim Kang Hoon was a guest on “Happy Together” alongside Kim Young Ok, Sung Byung Sook, Park Joon Gyu, Park Ho San, and Kim Sung Cheol.

Kim Kang Hoon played Gong Hyo Jin and Kim Ji Suk‘s son Kang Pil Gu on recently concluded drama “When the Camellia Blooms.” He adorably introduced himself saying, “I am Kim Kang Hoon who is receiving love as Pil Gu. It’s my first time on a talk show so I’m nervous, but thank you for inviting me.”

When asked the daunting question of whether he would pick Kang Ha Neul or Kim Ji Suk as Pil Gu’s father, Kim Kang Hoon answered, “In reality, I would pick Kim Ji Suk, but if I were Pil Gu then I think Kang Ha Neul. On set, [Kim Ji Suk] would do nonsense quizzes with me and took care of me like a real father.”

111.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source (1) / soompi news

KHN made a very wise decision choosing Camemilla as his comeback role.  Initially, I thought that he chose a drama too quickly after MS, but I'm glad he proved me wrong.  I've seen him on a couple of episodes of running Man too.  He seems like a very down to earth person.  Congrat KHN on a job well done!

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥

Hi CarolynH! :blush:

The 10 Best Dramas of the 2010s According to the Munhwa Ilbo

The Republic of Korea is the 'republic of dramas'. There are 20 or more dramas airing every week and they can be seen on TV anytime.

Some smile and some cry because of them. The 2010s are not an exception. Numerous dramas flickered and numerous more stars were born. The pop culture team of the Munhwa Ilbo selected the 10 best dramas that heated up the 2010-2019 period in terms of ratings, headlines and expert recommendations.

photo1130228.jpg

- "When the Camellia Blooms" (KBS 2019): A simple story without garnish

Dominated by provocative plots and excessive settings, it seems like a drama can't survive without that extra twist in this drama market. There is no superhero in this drama. But there is the police. There is no chaebol, but there are many people with a rich heart. Just like a winter-tolerant camellia blossoms, people living in the fictional city of Ongsan seek mediocrity. There is a daily routine in which one listens to each others' small thoughts, even if there is no particular story. There is a serial killer named 'Kabul', but the residents of Ongsan are neighbors who protect each other.

The drama poses the question, "How can a person be a miracle to another?" Even without any miracles sent from heaven, the little things that we do for each other can come together and create something miraculous. It is all the more welcome, as this case shows, that people can cry and laugh even without grand stories.

Source : www.munhwa.com/news/v...

Translation : Hancinema

• Love 1

8 More K-Dramas Of 2019 That You Shouldn’t Miss

The year is already coming to an end and as the holidays are fast approaching, it’s the perfect time to get cozy by the fireplace and binge-watch K-dramas. If you haven’t been keeping up with K-dramas that have been released in the last bit of this year, this feature is perfect for recommending a few that might be up your alley. You can also have a look at part one of the recommendations from the first half of K-dramas that aired this past year. Here’s a look at eight more K-dramas to add to your list!

Note: K-dramas that aired after December 1st, 2019 were not included on this list.

2. When the Camellia Blooms

“When the Camellia Blooms” stars Kang Ha Neul and Gong Hyo Jin as two lovers with a lot of baggage as a result of broken families. Hwang Yong Sik (Kang Ha Neul) finds solace and joy out of his everyday life and basically swears his life to Dong Baek (Gong Hyo Jin). In the midst of this heartfelt love story, there’s a serial killer on the loose whom Yong Sik is trying to hunt down.

kang-ha-neul-gong-hyo-jin-when-the-camel

“When the Camellia Blooms” is a story about love, community, family, and hope. Just when Dong Baek thought she had hit rock bottom, there were people, who she least expected, helping her up and being there for her.

But the biggest reason as to why this series is a must-watch is because you get to see the unadulterated way in which Yong Sik loves Dong Baek. His love for her is loud and he proclaims it throughout the streets. He doesn’t play games and always makes sure that Dong Baek knows his feelings for her. It’s so inspiring and heartwarming to see, especially during this cold season!

kang-ha-neul-when-the-camellia-blooms.gi

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Love 1

Winners Of 2020 Korea First Brand Awards

6cea5aff71384ea29d320b71d1c2f0c7.jpeg?s=

Marking its 18th anniversary, Korea First Brand Awards held their 2020 award ceremony on December 17 at Conrad Seoul hotel.

Every year a nationwide consumer survey is conducted, and top idols, variety stars, actors, entertainers, and more receive recognition at the annual award ceremony.

Check out the list of winners of the 2020 Korea First Brand Awards below!

Actress: IU
Actor: Kang Ha Neul
Film Actress: Girls’ Generation’s YoonA
Film Actor: Choi Woo Shik
Scene Stealer Actress: Lee Jung Eun
Scene Stealer Actor: Ha Sung Tae
Rising Star Actress: Kim Hye Yoon
Rising Star Actor: Jang Dong Yoon
Female Idol-Actor: gugudan’s Kim Sejeong
Male Idol-Actor: SF9’s Rowoon
Female Commercial Model: Apink’s Son Naeun
Male Commercial Model: Jo Jung Suk

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Love 1

Here Are The TOP 25 Best Actors In Korea For 2019, Voted By Koreans

Here’s who Koreans think are the best actors.

Gallup Korea has released their 2019 rankings for the best drama actors and actresses in 2019, as voted by Koreans.

2. Kang Ha Neul (When the Camellia Blooms)

knh

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

LINK to see the FULL list https://www.koreaboo.com/news/top-25-best-actors-in-korea-2019-voted-koreans/