Quantcast

Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ Best Actor (TV) @ BaekSang Arts Awards 2020 - [Upcoming Movie: Rain and Your Story / Upcoming Drama 2021: The Moon Rising River]

Kang Ha Neul May Become YouTuber for His New Film

20150210001447427_1-crop.jpeg

Will Kang Ha Neul transform himself into a YouTuber (YouTube content creator) for his next film?

Earlier, a media outlet reported that Kang Ha Neul has been cast to take the lead role in a new film, Streaming (literal title). in response, the actor’s agency TH Company said, “It is true that he was offered a role in Streaming and is positively reviewing it.”

Streaming is a movie that revolves around a YouTuber who streams in real-time. It is a new film by director Jo Jang Ho, the original author of the KBS drama Justice.

Kang Ha Neul is currently working on the film The Pirates: Goblin Flag (literal title) and is also scheduled to appear in the upcoming drama River Where the Moon Rises (literal title).

source : https://entertain.naver.com/movie/now/read?oid=609&aid=0000356881

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 K-Dramas That Marked Actors’ Return From The Military

When it comes time for an actor to enlist in the military, fans tend to convey a variety of responses. Sometimes it’s disappointment, sadness, sorrow, or even pride that their favorite actor is serving their country. At the time of enlistment, it might seem like you’ll never see them again, but the truth is, time does pass and actors do return from the military, eager to take on new projects. Here are 10 actors and the K-dramas that marked their return from the military.

Note: List is in no particular order!

8. “When the Camellia Blooms” – Kang Ha Neul

Much to the sadness of his fans, Kang Ha Neul enlisted in the army on September 11, 2017 and was discharged on May 23, 2019. Although his enlistment was devastating, a couple of his movies were released while he was in the military, which made it a little less painful. These movies included the psychological thriller “Forgotten” and the fantasy movie “I Have a Date with Spring.”

kang-haneul.jpg

Talk about a strong comeback into dramaland! “When the Camellia Blooms” was Kang Ha Neul’s first drama after serving in the military, and with this role, he swept several awards including Best Actor at the Baeksang Arts Awards and KBS Drama Awards. It was his first time getting either of these recognitions, so it was quite the big deal for Kang Ha Neul!

kang-haneul.gif

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

15 Lines By K-Drama Male Leads That Still Give Us Butterflies

Every K-drama fan goes through a moment when watching a really good series. It’s that moment when the main lead drops an oh-so-romantic line that has you completely swooning. Over the very long history of K-dramas, there have been a handful that K-drama fans are still unable to get over. Here are 15 of those epic, heart-stopping lines.

9. “When the Camellia Blooms”

“If we actually start a relationship, I promise that it’ll be out of this world. You’ll be so happy everyday that you’ll totally lose it.”

-Hwang Yong Sik (Kang Ha Neul)-

kang-ha-neul.jpeg

After Yong Shik falls in love at first sight with Dong Baek (Gong Hyo Jin), he pursues her with the intent of hopefully marrying her one day. Despite his strong feelings for her, Dong Baek has her guard up and can’t seem to accept Yong Shik’s feelings as a result of the pain she had to endure from her ex-boyfriend. After she tells Yong Shik that all guys are the same, the pain in his heart is evident, but he doesn’t let it stop him from telling her exactly what he’s feeling. It’s the perfect thing to say to make her second guess rejecting him.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Memorable K-Drama Roles That Hailed These Celebs as 'Best Actor' and 'Best Actress'

These K-Drama actors and actresses' roles are all well-loved! 

Numerous Korean artists are truly gifted with outstanding acting skills and talents, which are among the reasons why they can capture any viewer's heart in an instant. 

Though every actor is doing their best when working on a drama project, the top and most prestigious awards ceremony in South Korea, "Baeksang Arts Awards," only recognized the following artists for their excellent and perfect character digestion, and due to this, they were also able to bring home the most-coveted "Best Actor" and "Best Actress" trophies! 

These actors and actresses won "Best Actor" and "Best Actress" for these roles.

5. Kang Ha Neul as Hwang Yong Shik (When the Camellia Blooms)

Memorable Kdrama Celebs' Roles That Hailed Them as 'Best Actor' and 'Best Actress'
(Photo : Kang Ha Neul in "When the Camellia Blooms")

Kang Ha Neul was widely known among fans after "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo," but his breakthrough and first Baeksang's "Best Actor" Award was given to him after playing Hwang Yong Shik, a police officer with sincere and realistic character. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

shttps://www.kdramastars.com/articles/119403/20201203/memorable-k-drama-roles-hailed-celebs-best-actor-actress.htmource ; Kdramastars

6 Highly-Anticipated Dramas Featuring Top Actors and Actresses That have been Confirmed to Air in the First Half of 2021

It seems like 2021 will be a busy year for K-drama lovers.

With 2020 coming near to an end, fans of Korean dramas get to anticipate more coming next year. Among multiple confirmed dramas for the first half of 2021, these 6 have built anticipation the most with their star-studded cast members and intriguing story. 

Without further ado, check out the list below to find out which 6 dramas you should look forward to!

River Where the Moon Rises - Kang Haneul and Kim Sohyun

1607321725300-0.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2020/12/07/6-highly-anticipated-dramas-featuring-top-actors-and-actresses-that-have-been-confirmed-to-air-in-the-first-half-of-2021-388416

• 4 weeks later...

*** Congratulations to KHN who made it to the lists. :blush:

********************************************************************************

Film Magazine Cine21 Reveals Lists of Most-Anticipated Senior and Rookie Actors/Actresses in 2021

The magazine named various actors and actresses we need to anticipate next year.

On December 29th, Korean film magazine 'Cine21' released the lists of most-anticipated actors/actresses in 2021. They are divided into senior and rookie categories, to make them apples to apples. A total of 55 experts voted on the best ones among thousands in the industry. 

Without further ado, check out the complete lists below!

Senior Actors 

1st place: Lee Byunghun

2nd place: Ryu Junyeol

3rd place: Park Haeil, Yoo Ahin

4th place: Park Seojoon, Seol Kyeonggoo

5th place: Nam Joohyuk, Ma Dongseok, Park Bogum, Joo Jihoon

6th place: Kang Dongwon, Kang Haneul, Gong Yoo, Goo Gyohwan, Kim Soohyun, Kim Woobin, Ryu Seungryong, Park Jungmin, Byun Yohan, Song Kang, Song Kangho, Yoo Taeoh, Lee Jehoon, Im Siwan, Jeong Sunghwa, Jung Woosung, Jin Seonkyu, Hyun Bin

source : Kstarlive

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2020/12/30/film-magazine-cine21-reveals-lists-of-most-anticipated-senior-and-rookie-actors-actresses-in-2021-388898

• 3 weeks later...

5 Powerful Movies That Celebrate Youth

35c3475ab4824b5498c32ba595b4c0be.jpeg?s=

Have you ever wished you could go back to your younger days? Or are you enjoying the freedom of your youth right now, but want to grow up faster? We’ve selected five movies of different genres that celebrate youth in their own unique ways: action, romance, friendship, crime thriller, and coming of age. Take a look, you might find something just right for your young soul.

“Midnight Runners”

midnight-runners.jpg

Ki Joon (Park Seo Joon) and Kee Yeol (Kang Ha Neul) are university students with one dream: becoming kickass police officers. So it’s not a surprise when the duo witness a kidnapping and immediately think to alert the local police. However, to their anger and disappointment, the report is brushed off with a blank, “We’re already too busy.” Ki Joon and Kee Yeol decide to take matters into their own hands and investigate the case further. They eventually find out that they are dealing with a gang running an egg harvesting ring. Have they gotten themselves into something too big for themselves?

These two friends may not be the most educated nor the most experienced; but they have the most youthful passion for justice. What once seemed like an unlikely duo unravels itself into the most professional pair of amateurs, and even heroes. One of the many perks of youth is being reckless and bold, not fearing failure. Watch “The Midnight Runners” to chase your own action-packed, comedy dream.

Watch “Midnight Runners” now!

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Like 1

Hi!

I'm dropping by to express my admiration for Kang Ha Neul as an actor and as a person. I think he is one of the best in K entertainment industry that people should learn more about.

I got really curious about him after he won the Best Actor award in Baeksang. To be honest, I couldn't have finished When the Camellia Blooms if it weren't for KHN. After WTCB, I started to binge watch his other dramas and movies, and some interviews and variety show guestings in between. That is when I got to know him more.

As an actor, I am in awe of how he was able to act characters with different layers of personality and trying to unmask his true character without being too obvious. As an example, in the movie New Trial he really looks like he could have done the killing (with how he presented himself - long hair, rugged, tattoos and  all that cursing) but even when he talks and acts you know he is innocent. In Forgotten movie, he acted the opposite and I was made to believe that he was really innocent but it turns out otherwise. Another one is Moon Lovers drama where his character transitions from being the kind, calm and warm prince who turns bad because of the circumstances he was in, but in the end I still couldn't hate him. How could you when you know his sincere heart - you can feel it while watching even without him saying a word. Personally, I think his character is the hardest to portray in Moon Lovers. The way how he appeals to the audience for empathy amidst all the things that he had done. Really, you could not dislike the Wang Wook. 

Knowing him more through some show appearances and interviews, I got to like him more. He brings sunshine and bright energy wherever he goes. He is indeed worthy of his name :) He is someone you can look up to when you are feeling down. I like how he is so grounded, humble, respectful to his sunbaes and friendly to his hoobeas, and sometimes extending his helping hand to others who he barely knows. I like his personality with no pretentions and his perspective in life, of being so positive and happy. 

I think I'll frequent this thread when he becomes so active again. I hope he takes his time to have a proper rest. I believe he is hardworking and sometimes don't take breaks for movies, dramas and musicals.

For Ha Neul, please take good care of yourself, eat well, sleep well, and I hope you won't change even when you become a bigger star in the future. Please know we love you more because you are a good person. Other than work, you are the Kim Ha Neul that we love. Keep soaring high!

*** “River Where the Moon Rises” released the first set of stills of Kang Ha Neul! He has taken on the role of On Dal’s father, general On Hyup. In the new stills, general On Hyup looks reliable in his thick suit of armor. He will be making a shocking transformation with the upcoming drama.  Such a versatile actor. “River Where the Moon Rises” will premiere on February 15 at 9:30 p.m. KST.  :blush:

5ed8d39d302f41239d827e631bd4aa9c.jpeg?s=

Kang-Ha-Neul-3.jpg

Kang-Ha-Neul-2.jpg

photos source : soompi news

*** "River Where the Moon Rises" is all set to premiere on February 15. KHN is set to make a cameo appearance in the show. He will play General On Hyeop, On Dal’s father, and lead the first part of the story. Here are stills featuring Kang Ha-neul. In the stills, he is seen sporting a beard, long hair tied in a neat bun, and battle armor. He embodies his character as a military commander and highly respected head of the Sunnobu clan in Goguryeo. It will premiere exclusively on Viu starting February 15, on the same day it will air domestically.  :blush:

Kang-Ha-neul-in-River-Where-the-Moon-Ris

photo source : http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=202102031614823553&ext=na

17 hours ago, GroceryShipper said:

Another project for Kang Haneul! He will play as the male lead Kim Yo-Han for JBTC's new drama "Insider".

Please read article below to know more!

https://m.sportschosun.com/news.htm?id=202102110100085420005519&ServiceDate=20210210&f_url=https://www.google.com/

@GroceryShipper, thanks for sharing the link. This is good news. KHN has been chosen to portray the main character of the new series. "Insider" will follow Kim Yo-han, (played by KHN) an apprentice at the Judicial Research and Training Institute. Yo-han is a cautious and peculiar person who is known for his poker face and his tendency to think ahead of his time. One day, during an investigation, he finds himself betrayed by a trusted colleague, sending his life in a downward spiral. To survive and change his fate, he vows to turn every crisis into an opportunity. The upcoming drama will be spearheaded by director Min Yeon-hong of Missing: The Other Side. It is slated for broadcast during the second half of this year (2021).  :twerk2:

MORE news links about this drama : https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202102108448H

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2021/02/139482/

http://www.koreadaily.com/news/read.asp?art_id=9082442

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?4209172

• Love 1

*** KHN is truly a versatile actor. Cant wait! :heart3:

Kang Ha Neul To Star In JTBC Action Suspense Drama

5b8fc36052044c2da6e788a12a55821a.jpeg?s=

Kang Ha Neul is taking the lead role in an upcoming JTBC drama!

On February 10, it was confirmed that Kang Ha Neul will star in the action suspense drama “Insider” (literal title) as the judicial trainee Kim Yo Han.

After going undercover for an investigation, Kim Yo Han experiences a crisis and ends up struggling to try to obtain a hand of cards that will change his fate as he gambles in prison. Kim Yo Han is prudent and always thinking a few moves ahead, and he keeps a poker face on. Although he gets into a dangerous situation when he becomes embroiled in an unexpected incident during the investigation, he’ll continue to fight to survive and manage to grow with his ability to turn a crisis into an opportunity.

“Insider” is written by Moon Man Se, who penned OCN’s “Priest,” and it’s helmed by Min Yeon Hong, the director of OCN’s “Missing: The Other Side.” The show is scheduled to air in the second half of this year.

Kang Ha Neul most recently starred in the 2019 drama “When the Camellia Blooms,” which earned him many accolades and awards. He’ll soon make a special appearance in the KBS 2TV drama “River Where the Moon Rises,” with the show premiering on February 15.

Watch Kang Ha Neul in “Traveler 2” below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news