Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ [Movie 2023] Dream [Upcoming Drama 2024] Squid Game season 2

Go Seung Ji

Hi!

I'm dropping by to express my admiration for Kang Ha Neul as an actor and as a person. I think he is one of the best in K entertainment industry that people should learn more about.

I got really curious about him after he won the Best Actor award in Baeksang. To be honest, I couldn't have finished When the Camellia Blooms if it weren't for KHN. After WTCB, I started to binge watch his other dramas and movies, and some interviews and variety show guestings in between. That is when I got to know him more.

As an actor, I am in awe of how he was able to act characters with different layers of personality and trying to unmask his true character without being too obvious. As an example, in the movie New Trial he really looks like he could have done the killing (with how he presented himself - long hair, rugged, tattoos and  all that cursing) but even when he talks and acts you know he is innocent. In Forgotten movie, he acted the opposite and I was made to believe that he was really innocent but it turns out otherwise. Another one is Moon Lovers drama where his character transitions from being the kind, calm and warm prince who turns bad because of the circumstances he was in, but in the end I still couldn't hate him. How could you when you know his sincere heart - you can feel it while watching even without him saying a word. Personally, I think his character is the hardest to portray in Moon Lovers. The way how he appeals to the audience for empathy amidst all the things that he had done. Really, you could not dislike the Wang Wook. 

Knowing him more through some show appearances and interviews, I got to like him more. He brings sunshine and bright energy wherever he goes. He is indeed worthy of his name :) He is someone you can look up to when you are feeling down. I like how he is so grounded, humble, respectful to his sunbaes and friendly to his hoobeas, and sometimes extending his helping hand to others who he barely knows. I like his personality with no pretentions and his perspective in life, of being so positive and happy. 

I think I'll frequent this thread when he becomes so active again. I hope he takes his time to have a proper rest. I believe he is hardworking and sometimes don't take breaks for movies, dramas and musicals.

For Ha Neul, please take good care of yourself, eat well, sleep well, and I hope you won't change even when you become a bigger star in the future. Please know we love you more because you are a good person. Other than work, you are the Kim Ha Neul that we love. Keep soaring high!

*** “River Where the Moon Rises” released the first set of stills of Kang Ha Neul! He has taken on the role of On Dal’s father, general On Hyup. In the new stills, general On Hyup looks reliable in his thick suit of armor. He will be making a shocking transformation with the upcoming drama.  Such a versatile actor. “River Where the Moon Rises” will premiere on February 15 at 9:30 p.m. KST.  :blush:

5ed8d39d302f41239d827e631bd4aa9c.jpeg?s=

Kang-Ha-Neul-3.jpg

Kang-Ha-Neul-2.jpg

photos source : soompi news

*** "River Where the Moon Rises" is all set to premiere on February 15. KHN is set to make a cameo appearance in the show. He will play General On Hyeop, On Dal’s father, and lead the first part of the story. Here are stills featuring Kang Ha-neul. In the stills, he is seen sporting a beard, long hair tied in a neat bun, and battle armor. He embodies his character as a military commander and highly respected head of the Sunnobu clan in Goguryeo. It will premiere exclusively on Viu starting February 15, on the same day it will air domestically.  :blush:

Kang-Ha-neul-in-River-Where-the-Moon-Ris

photo source : http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=202102031614823553&ext=na

17 hours ago, GroceryShipper said:

Another project for Kang Haneul! He will play as the male lead Kim Yo-Han for JBTC's new drama "Insider".

Please read article below to know more!

https://m.sportschosun.com/news.htm?id=202102110100085420005519&ServiceDate=20210210&f_url=https://www.google.com/

@GroceryShipper, thanks for sharing the link. This is good news. KHN has been chosen to portray the main character of the new series. "Insider" will follow Kim Yo-han, (played by KHN) an apprentice at the Judicial Research and Training Institute. Yo-han is a cautious and peculiar person who is known for his poker face and his tendency to think ahead of his time. One day, during an investigation, he finds himself betrayed by a trusted colleague, sending his life in a downward spiral. To survive and change his fate, he vows to turn every crisis into an opportunity. The upcoming drama will be spearheaded by director Min Yeon-hong of Missing: The Other Side. It is slated for broadcast during the second half of this year (2021).  :twerk2:

MORE news links about this drama : https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202102108448H

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2021/02/139482/

http://www.koreadaily.com/news/read.asp?art_id=9082442

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?4209172

• Love 1

*** KHN is truly a versatile actor. Cant wait! :heart3:

Kang Ha Neul To Star In JTBC Action Suspense Drama

5b8fc36052044c2da6e788a12a55821a.jpeg?s=

Kang Ha Neul is taking the lead role in an upcoming JTBC drama!

On February 10, it was confirmed that Kang Ha Neul will star in the action suspense drama “Insider” (literal title) as the judicial trainee Kim Yo Han.

After going undercover for an investigation, Kim Yo Han experiences a crisis and ends up struggling to try to obtain a hand of cards that will change his fate as he gambles in prison. Kim Yo Han is prudent and always thinking a few moves ahead, and he keeps a poker face on. Although he gets into a dangerous situation when he becomes embroiled in an unexpected incident during the investigation, he’ll continue to fight to survive and manage to grow with his ability to turn a crisis into an opportunity.

“Insider” is written by Moon Man Se, who penned OCN’s “Priest,” and it’s helmed by Min Yeon Hong, the director of OCN’s “Missing: The Other Side.” The show is scheduled to air in the second half of this year.

Kang Ha Neul most recently starred in the 2019 drama “When the Camellia Blooms,” which earned him many accolades and awards. He’ll soon make a special appearance in the KBS 2TV drama “River Where the Moon Rises,” with the show premiering on February 15.

Watch Kang Ha Neul in “Traveler 2” below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

It’s Confirmed: Kang Ha Neul will Appear in JTBC’s New Drama with Action Scenes

Kang Ha Neul is to play the main character of JTBC’s Insider

download-14.jpeg

The upcoming Insider is an action-suspense drama in which the judicial intern ‘Yo Han’ (played by Kang Ha Neul) goes on an undercover investigation only to stumble down into a gambling scene within the prison.

As the main character, Kim Yo Han is a cautious figure who has the ability to think ahead of others, and a unique poker face. While he is caught in unexpected incidents during an investigation, he manages to turn all crises into opportunities, demonstrating his ability to survive. Kang Ha Neul is known to the public as a reliable and versatile actor who acts in dramas, movies, and plays. The actor perfected the role of Hwang Yong Sik, a gentle lover in KBS2’s drama When the Camellia Blooms.

Hence, he has won multiple awards including the 2019 KBS Best Actor Award, the 56th Baeksang Arts Awards as the Best Actor, the 15th Seoul Drama Awards, and the 2020 APAN Star Awards’ Best Actor Award in the category of Mini-Series.

20190824091608309.jpg

Insider has emerged as a highly anticipated drama for the second half of 2021 since it announced the casting of Kang Ha Neul as the leading role. The drama is written by screenwriter Moon Man Sae and directed by Min Yeon Hong who previously worked on OCN’s Missing: The Other Side.

The new drama series Insider is to kick off in the second half of this year.

source : https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20210210122027458

• Love 1

Kim So Hyun And Kang Ha Neul Share A Fateful Meeting In “River Where The Moon Rises”

6ab6ab4a65f44eb2bc9e87118313c6f8.jpeg?s=

Get ready for a fateful encounter between Kim So Hyun and Kang Ha Neul in the upcoming drama “River Where the Moon Rises”!

A reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale, “River Where the Moon Rises” is a KBS drama that will tell the famous love story of Princess Pyeonggang (played by Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (played by Ji Soo). Kim So Hyun will also play the role of Pyeonggang’s mother, Queen Yeon, while Kang Ha Neul will play On Dal’s father, General On Hyup.

In a newly released sneak peek of the drama, Pyeonggang and On Dal share their very first meeting as children. The young princess (played by Heo Jung Eun) has accompanied her mother on a long journey to the southernmost part of the kingdom, where they meet On Hyup and his son On Dal (the younger version of whom is played by Seo Dong Hyun).

A revered general and the chief of the Sunnobu tribe, On Hyup is in charge of protecting Goguryeo’s southern borders.

Together with his son, he respectfully greets the queen while kneeling to bow to her. However, both Pyeonggang and On Dal look intensely displeased as they glare at one another, piquing viewers’ curiosity as to what could have transpired between the children.

Meanwhile, the matching looks of deep concern on Queen Yeon’s and General On Hyup’s faces suggest that there is an unsettling reason why the queen has traveled all this way with her young daughter in tow.

Heo-Jung-Eun-Kim-So-Hyun.jpgRiver-Where-the-Moon-Rises3.jpg

Spoiler

Kang-Ha-Neul1.jpg

Spoiler

The producers of “River Where the Moon Rises” commented, “Pyeonggang and On Dal, who are from different places and different social statuses, will meet for the first time through the queen’s journey.”

They went on to tease, “Not only will Queen Yeon’s journey mark Pyeonggang and On Dal’s first meeting, but it will also have a significant impact on the entire story. Please look forward to the start of the fateful saga that Pyeonggang and On Dal will write together, and we hope that you will eagerly await the first episode.”

“River Where the Moon Rises” premieres on “River Where the Moon Rises” premieres on February 15 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

In the meantime, check out a teaser for the drama with English subtitles below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

Edited by serenilmauve
Please hide more than 3 images in spoiler tags! Thanks!

[New Drama] "Insider"

photo1302521.jpg

photo source : Hancinema

Directed by Min Yeon-hong

Written by Moon Man-se

Network: jTBC

With Kang Ha-neul,...

Synopsis
An action-suspense drama in which a judicial trainee who enters an infiltration investigation, struggles to win a hand that will change his fate in the prison gambling scene after falling into abyss.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2021/2nd half

11 K-Drama Male Leads Who Would Be Amazing To Date In Real Life

bad35b1c8f664e9395ecb41ccd1ceaea.jpeg?s=

We’ve made a list before (which you can find here), but in recent years, there have definitely been a fair share of male leads who have set some high standards when it comes to K-drama boyfriend material. When you think of your favorite K-drama male lead, there are a few obvious ones that come to mind and a few that you know definitely wouldn’t make that list, ie. Joo Dan Tae from “The Penthouse.”

And although it took everything in me to not put the perfect Ri Jung Hyuk from “Crash Landing On You” on the list, thinking about the fact that we would only be able to see him in Switzerland really didn’t make him the most ideal K-drama boyfriend – although a fair share of us really wouldn’t mind the trek.

But luckily, here are nine other K-drama male leads who would be perfect on all levels to date in real life.

Note: This list focuses on male leads from more recent years.

2. Kang Ha Neul – “When The Camellia Blooms”

camellia.jpg

Whenever Kang Ha Neul and his portrayal as the goofy lovestruck Hwang Yong Sik in “When The Camellia Blooms” comes to mind, I can’t help but hear his voice in my head: “Dong-Baek-Shi~!”

kang-haneul.gif

Kang Ha Neul’s character is everything you could ever want and more in a boyfriend. He is devoted, upfront with his feelings, not afraid to commit, and he always sticks up for Dong Baek (Gong Hyo Jin) no matter what. Even moreso, Kang Ha Neul proves he is perfect boyfriend quality when he takes Dong Baek’s son under his wing and makes sure to always be there for him. He stands up for her son when the coaches and other parents put him down; he plays the father figure role so effortlessly. Yong Sik is the perfect countryside boyfriend who is always willing to stay as loyal as a puppy dog.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news