Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ [Movie 2023] Dream [Upcoming Drama 2024] Squid Game season 2

Go Seung Ji

*** I just finished watching his drama, "When the Camella Blooms" & it's an entertaining series. This drama is so incredibly heart-warming. There are plenty of relationships to explore. There were several parent/child relationships going on, too. Then, there's a NICE dark side to the drama with a serial killer lurking around in a small town. "WTCB" is a feel good drama, simple in many ways. Although, there were many sorrows,many real life issues. The show is written well. Their experiences captivated me.  :P

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 04. 12

Kang Ha Neul chosen to be ambassador for outdoor fashion brand Blackyak

B24DF561-6CC5-4AFF-9DCB-685320C23470.jpg

The "flower road" keeps extending in front of actor Kang Ha Neul of "When the Camellia Blooms".

Kang Ha Neul - the actor who shows dynamic activities in every field, from dramas, movies, entertainment to plays - has been chosen as a promotional ambassador for an outdoor fashion brand.

The outdoor fashion brand Blackyak plans to choose Kang Ha Neul as their brand ambassador and widely launch an on-offline campaign to introduce the application's largest mountain climbing platform in Korea called Blackyak Alpine Club.

In particular, in the entertainment program "Traveler - Argentina" (JTBC), Kang Ha Neul is showing the essence of the group tourism culture through the serious and sincere trips of 3 young men. At the same time, he also shows that he is perfectly adapted to outdoor life while having fun with activities such as camping, climbing, extreme sports, etc. Therefore, the actor is expected to convey the full value and meaning of the Blackyak Alpine Club.

The public is also expecting that Kang Ha Neul's style will go perfectly with the climbing gear in the campaign. Blackyak plans to naturally capture Kang Ha Neul's outdoor moments, from a pure image of youth to masculinity, and introduce functional outfits accessible to all generations.

Blackyak's representative said, "Kang Ha Neul was chosen to be the ambassador because he enjoys taking on new challenges and paying much attention to the natural environment even in daily life, which is very suitable for our brand orientation. The synergy between Blackyak and Kang Ha Neul will be expressed through a variety of content within the framework of the promotional campaign between the two sides."  

In 2019, Kang Ha Neul received the love of the entire Korean audience thanks to the role of young, innocent Hwang Yong Sil in the drama 'When the Camellia Blooms" (KBS 2TV). Currently, he is focusing on filming for the movie "Rain and Your Story".

Reporter Cho Yeon Gyeong /cho.yeongyeong@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

On 1 April 2020 at 8:05 PM, sky5joyous said:

Hi sky5joyous, thanks for sharing this. KHN is one of talented actors out there. What I like about him is he can sing, too since he began his career in musical theatre. So, it's no surprise that he has good vocals. Until now, he's still involved in musical films. I'm glad that he picked a movie for his next project, after wrapping-up a latest drama. Looking forward this new movie.  :P

On 1 April 2020 at 8:05 PM, sky5joyous said:

Hi sky5joyous, thanks for sharing this. This will be their 2nd collaboration with KSR (Misaeng). So NICE to see them together again although, it's just a cameo role here for her. I can't wait!  :lol:

*** 2AM's Jo Kwon talked about a heartwarming letter he received from KHN during his appearance on the show "Problem Child in The House" via KBS. They were together in the military. He said that KHN took good care of him in the camp since the former came in ahead of him. When he entered the camp, KHN was on-leave. They were on the same barracks & KHN left a welcome letter for him including directions of everything in the building. He said that he's touched by his gesture.  :lol:

*** I'm happy that KHN in on the line-up of the "Best Actor" award in the Baeksang. He's such a talented actor. Being nominated here is "well-deserving", as their dramas have been loved so much, like "When the Camella Blooms". Looking forward for the winner.  :blush:

2020 Baeksang Awards Nominations out & popular dramas such Crash Landing on You, The World of the Married, & "When the Camella Blooms" lead drama side

http://koalasplayground.com/2020/05/07/2020-baeksang-award-nominations-out-and-popular-dramas-crash-landing-on-you-the-world-of-the-married-and-when-the-camellia-blooms-lead-drama-side/#more-102239

Dramas To Watch On Netflix”… But Korean Netizens Couldn’t Agree Less

“This list is f*cking canceled…”

TBmGFmEvm3kQ7NZDq_ruxsuvSA001IR36uL-8XMo

With Netflix‘s K-Drama game growing stronger by the minute, solid viewer recommendations have been keeping the Quarantined generation of 2020 busy.

To hop on the hype, TIME magazine published a list called “The 10 Best Korean Dramas to Watch on Netflix”, though it clarified “shows unavailable on Netflix USA are not included“.

The list included, in no particular order, these ten titles: Crash Landing On YouItaewon ClassMr. SunshineKingdomWhen The Camellia BloomsSignalPrison PlaybookStranger, all of the Reply series (1997, 1994, and 1988), and Hi Bye Mama.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/time-selects-top-10-k-dramas-watch-netflix-korean-netizens-couldnt-agree-less/

• 2 weeks later...

10 Reasons why you shouldn’t miss watching the romcom crime drama “When The Camellia Blooms”

If you are looking for a romance comedy drama that can also give you thrill and goosebumps, When The Camellia Blooms is perfect for you. Surely, you will love its realistic storyline, mother and child highlight, life and love lessons, and the versatility of the leads.

When-the-camellia-blooms1-800x560-1.jpg?

It is a 2019 Korean drama aired on KBS2 which ranked second in highest rated dramas list that year. It tells the story of a single mother named Oh Dongbaek. When she was young, many people around her treated her poorly for being an orphan. In her 30s, she moves to Ongsan, a fictional town, and opens a restaurant bar called Camellia to support her child alone.

Then, she experiences being disliked by some people for being a single mom. Six years later, Hwang Yongsik will come to her and her son’s lives; together, they will face life challenges. Later on, the mysterious killer in Ongsan will appear again, chasing after Dongbaek.

When The Camellia Blooms main leads include Gong Hyojin as Oh Dongbaek, Kang Haneul as Hwang Yongsik, Kim Jiseok as Kang Jongryul, and Kim Kanghoon as Kang Pilgu. Other cast members are Son Dambi, Ji Yisu, Oh Jungse, Yeom Hyeran, Go Dooshim, Lee Jungeun, Jun Baesoo, and many more.

If you are looking for signs to watch it, there are practically various reasons why you should not miss it; below are just 10 of the things that you will truly love about it.

1. It will make you laugh so hard even in night

When The Camellia Blooms characters gave me genuine happiness and good laugh while watching them. I really love how I can simply relax and appreciate each of them as the story goes.

This is so perfect for someone who wants to have a good day and to shove off stress. Yongsik will definitely crash into your heart and plaster a sweet smile on your face. He is such a loveable and bright person here. Pilgu and Dongbaek will also give you joy with their adorable sides and smiles.

Other than that, you should also anticipate the comedy scenes and light parts of it. The story itself is so well-written that things are really balanced.

Spoiler

2. But this drama will also make you curious and come up with theories

Expect that this drama will truly draw your attention. As what I have mentioned, “thing are really balanced” in here that helps the story runs smoothly. Comedy, romance, crime, and thriller, these genre are mixed well that gives no room for any loophole.

Who is the real culprit? Is this person an antagonist here as well?

Watch out for every clue in each episode and do not let yourself fall in love too much with Yongsik (just kidding). Honestly speaking, pay attention to the details shown in here that can probably be a clue. You may find it hard to guess who the real killer is but the little information and clues you have will later on be something really “big!”

3. Realistic storyline

One of the best things about “When The Camellia Blooms” is its realistic storyline that will hook you and your attention. From the story of the lead characters, to the background of the supporting roles, and secrets of the antagonists; all of them have something to tell and teach the viewers.

Aside from that, there are also various societal issues tackled in this drama. Bullying, superiority, big gap between rich and poor people, stigma in the society, and many more. These things will help you relate with any of the characters and emphasize with their different pain ahd hardships.

Even the neighborhood in Ongsan seems so real where many of us live in the reality. There are those who wake up early in their daily lives to feed their family, well off people with good educational background, kind and nasty individuals, loving parents, mature kids, and so on.

What’s more?

Screenshot_2020-06-01-18-17-30-13_1416f9

When The Camellia Blooms also highlights that not everyone who faces problem in life can resolve it in a snap of a finger. For some people, they need weeks, months, and even years to find solutions for their problems. It simply shows us the reality in life: some are wealthy and well connected but there are also those who are poor and are fighting their battles alone.

Truly, it features a slice of life and has a lot of things to offer to its viewers. Wherein, you can learn life and love lessons, see the truth in the society, and have a glimpse of family and financial problem that others experience.

On the other hand, it also focuses on the everlasting love of mothers to their children, maturity that is not based on age, how people should be generous, and more. Indeed, there are various things you can learn from this drama.

4. Incredible acting skills of cast members especially the leads

Gong Hyojin is my most favorite Korean actress since I have watched her in Master’s Sun. I have seen her act in various K-dramas with different genre and roles she took. She perfectly showed us how versatile as an actress she is.

Unexpectedly, through this drama, I noticed something big about Kang Haneul as well. I have seen him in few dramas and movie before but here, he perfectly proved that he is not just great doing the action and/or thriller movies but can also slay in romance comedy K-dramas.

The way Sky portrayed all the characters he took since then up until now, we can truly say that he really exerted effort, hard work, and passion into it. Personally, I really appreciate him and his eyes that says a lot about his emotions. Just looking at his face, you will definitely see how great he is in acting without even doing any body movement.

Other things you should look forward about him: his genuine smile which can seriously brighten up your day; he really sings well; true gentleman; and such a gem that should be treasured.

Screenshot_2020-06-03-16-28-30-20_1416f9

Additionally…

• There is also chemistry between the leading man and leading lady;
  • Kim Kanghoon, the child actor, can seriously move you with his acting skill;
  • Yeom Hyeran and Son Dambi are also great actresses who can annoy you and break your heart for them at the same time; and
  • The other cast members also did great, they can make you laugh, get annoyed, and even send you chills.

5. Women empowerment

Since episode 1, I already noticed that When The Camellia Blooms is really something. There are various things in here that will get your attention while watching it; one of the top things which can captivate your heart as a viewer is its women empowerment.

Although Dongbaek look down on herself at first, the way she handled to be strong when she was a kid until the time she was raising her child alone say a lot. She even managed to open a restaurant bar although many people are kind of insecure about it. Dongbaek might be a cry baby to some, but inside her is a strong and independent woman.

Moreover, this drama does not only empowered her but the other women in Ongsan as well. There is this episode when the Ongsan Police Station chief mentioned that women in their area can learn a lot by themselves. They may have negative qualities with them but their capabilities are stronger than those.

Additionally, they also showed the viewers their character development as time passes by. Some may not have seen it but the way women in Ongsan supported each other in any way is really heart moving. They may be kind of harsh at first but they care for every woman in their area.

Lastly, the “everlasting love” of mothers in this drama. They may have different approach and ways of raising their children, the love and deep care are there. They may get hurt and stumble at times but they prefer that they will suffer alone than their children.

6. Captivating cinematography

One of the things that I have noticed when I started watching this drama is the great cinematography. The framing, technique, used background rolls, depth and focus, lighting, and even the camera movement are really eye catching. Even the camera angles and moves, exposure, and shot sizes have been paid a lot of attention to by the film production team.

• Screenshot_2020-06-03-16-30-35-32_1416f9
  • Screenshot_2020-06-03-16-30-26-50_1416f9

Additionally, I personally love the intro and every last part of each episodes that suit with the chosen soundtrack. It helps me to loosen up, focus on the story, and enjoy the whole drama.

7. Life lesson #1: Love waits and should not be rushed

• Screenshot_2020-05-31-19-18-15-67_1416f9
  • Screenshot_2020-06-02-17-39-15-02_1416f9

Dongbaek and Yongsik proved to us that if you truly love someone, you can patiently wait for him or her until the both of you will finally be ready. Being in a relationship is not about the “on fire love” you have for each other. Dongbaek categorized such love as something that does not lasts forever. Being in a relationship is where both of you can be happy on one another’s arms even in hard times. Being in a relationship is about trust, respect, and being consistent on how you show your love which is not simply based on “emotions.”

Kang Haneul’s character set the bar too high, indeed. He keeps on giving Dongbaek a bouquet of flowers as he also never tries to break his own promises. Without the assurance that Dongbaek will say “yes” to him, he still pursued her. He stayed by her side, tried his best to understand Dongbaek’s expressive eyes, and been so attentive to her actions.

8. Life lesson #2: True love means being with each other through thick and thin

• Screenshot_2020-06-02-21-06-00-93_1416f9

One of the best qualities of Yongsik is appreciating Dongbaek even if she says negative things towards herself. He was able to see her strengths, positive traits, good sides, and wonderful “future.”

He never complain and he also never vents out his frustration on Dongbaek. He always tries to analyze things and puts his shoes on Dongbaek’s.

Other than that, Yongsik also never blame Dongbaek for anything bad that happens around them. When he was catching the real culprit aka Joker, he said that he wants to do it so, Dongbaek will not need to be that “careful” and scared.

Moreover…

Screenshot_2020-06-02-16-17-57-67_1416f9

This life lesson is not just for people who are in a romantic relationship. This K-drama reminded its viewers that the “true love” some of us talk a lot about means being with our “loved ones” through thick and thin. Whether it is a family member, friend, or anyone dear to us, we should stick by their sides in their highs and lows.

Life is not just about the celebrations after victories with our loved ones. Life is also about offering our shoulders to our loved ones in their bad days; trying to understand their pain or just being there to show support.

When The Camellia Blooms taught us that we should appreciate our loved ones even in their gloomy days. Because who knows how this kind of act will affect them?

9. Life lesson #3: Always be kind

Everyone struggles likely to what Mrs. Deoksoon said. It is not just a single person or two who have problems in life. Saying that, all of us should learn how to be kind just like Dongbaek. She perfectly knows how hard it is to be treated bad that is why, she never tries to do the same on others.

The world does not only revolves around you. Everyone deserves to be loved, appreciated, and treated well. If you can not do such things towards others, just simply do not hurt them.

To you, who struggle and been strong all through these years, you are worth it. Keep on shining and achieving your dreams. Know that you glow differently when you are doing what makes your heart flutter. Still, do not forget to be a blessing to others’ lives as well.

10. Catchy lines

Words have power. You need to talk about your dreams in order for them to come true.

Yongsik

It doesn’t cost money to be nice. We should be nice to each other.

Dongbaek

If a guy is determined to cheat, he will cheat on you no matter what… If he’s not that type of a guy, he won’t do it.

Hong Jayoung

A fire that burns quickly also fizzles out quickly… Don’t just fall for anyone when they tell you that they will give you everything. You should take time and observe that person.

Deoksoon (Yongsik’s mother)

What’s really weird is that I smile a lot these days. It’s not the situation that matters, I guess, it’s whom you are with.

Dongbaek

source : https://annyeongoppa.com/2020/06/03/10-reasons-why-you-shouldnt-miss-watching-the-romcom-crime-drama-when-the-camellia-blooms/

OSEN | 2020. 06. 05. 8:26 AM

Owners of Best Actor/Actress Awards at "2020 Baeksang Arts Awards" unveiled

C59EBF72-D78A-4DCE-8D10-B945C1D935C6.jpg

The "2020 Baeksang Arts Awards" for the Best Actor/Actress, as known as "Flowers of Baeksang Arts Grand Prize", went to Kang Ha Neul, Kim Hee Ae, Lee Byung Hun, and Jeon Do Yeon.

At the "56th Baeksang Arts Awards" taking place in Kintex, Goyang City, Gyeonggi Province on the afternoon of June 5, Kang Ha Neul and Kim Hee Ae received the Best Actor and Best Actress awards in the television category.

At the awards ceremony, actor Kang Ha Neul of the drama "When the Camellia Blooms" (KBS 2TV) said, "I have nothing better than the seniors nominated along with me, and I feel extremely sorry when one person who has not had much experience like me is here to receive an award that senior Lee Byung Hyun - who has 30-year experience - received last year. Sincerely thank everyone for helping me to gain this award even though I have nothing outstanding. Thank the staff of 'When the Camellia Blooms' and 'Dong Baek' Gong Hyo Jin. The prize makes the mood become happy, but I think it will bring things that shake my heart and spirit. I will try to manage my mind and heart well without thinking of anything else just because I have been given this award. Before I become an excellent actor, I will be a good person."

Having received the Best Actress Award for the TV category for her performance in the drama "The World of the Married" (JTBC), Kim Hee Ae thanked her colleagues, saying, "Initially, when I saw the original work of 'The World of the Married', I found the script so unconventional and bold that I was worried whether it would be successful in Korea or not. Nonetheless, on the contrary, I was surprised that the drama earned so much love and support that we were afraid we couldn't live up to everyone's expectations. Because I'm a fan of candidates Kim Hye Soo, Son Ye Jin, Gong Hyo Jin, and Lee Ji Eun, I still feel happy to be able to see you all even though I didn't win any awards. I hope we'll congratulate each other." In addition, Kim Hee Ae also mentioned the production team of the drama "The World of the Married", saying, "The answers were all written in the script. The content was written very sincerely so I could act comfortably. If it hadn't been for the staff who were always supporting me, I don't think I could have completed the role."

The actress also shared this honor with co-star Park Hae Joon in the drama ''The World of the Married'', "In the drama, he failed as a husband but as an actor, he is a great husband. I hope he will get this award too."

The ''56th Baeksang Arts Awards'' (2020) for Best Actor/ Actress in the film category were awarded to Lee Byung Hun and Jeon Do Yeon. Regarding the movie ''The Man Standing Next'', Lee Byung Hun stated, "Going to the filming set every day, I feel both nervous and happy when seeing the energy and individuality of each actor were harmonized. So I think this award should be given to all actors who worked together excellently." The actor then expressed his special love for his family and audiences, "I would like to thank my wife Lee Min Jung and son Joon Woo - who helped to set my mind at rest and focus on acting. I hope everyone will always be healthy and we can see each other again on the big screen."

Actress Jeon Do Yeon of the movie "Birthday" said, "I was really surprised. I came here to congratulate my colleagues who get the prize, but I did not think I would receive an award. Although 'Birthday' was filmed for a long time, I still feel its newness. This is an unavoidable work. I would like to thank all the staff members and actors for unanimously working together on the movie. Besides, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to the viewers. I will come back to the big screen soon to meet everyone with a great movie."

OSEN = Reporter Lee Seung Hun /seunghun@osen.co.kr
Photo = Screenshot of JTBC's "56th Baeksang Arts Awards 2020"

————————

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 06. 05. 9:14 PM

"Baeksang Awards" announces fair evaluation results, shakes off prejudice and genre discrimination

2B091E22-D3CC-4C4D-A763-5624C4BEE2E7.jpg
D643B4B3-D5A4-47A9-AE24-38F84224A962.jpg

The "Baeksang Arts Awards" ceremony this year named the artists and productions that brought comfort and encouragement to the daily life of Korean audiences.

The result of the "56th Baeksang Arts Awards" that took place at Hall No.7, Korea International Exhibition Center, Ilsan District, Gyeonggi on June 5 reflected the flow of popular culture.

The Daesang award in the TV category was given to "When the Camellia Blooms" (KBS 2TV) - the mini-series that had the highest viewership rating on terrestrial TV in 2019. Since after the drama "Forest", it has been 2 years that a TV series became the owner of the Daesang award. In addition, "Parasite" of director Bong Joon Ho won this award in the film category. After sweeping 4 awards at this year's "Oscars", including Best Director and Best Picture, director Bong continues to name himself in the top position of the "Baeksang Arts Awards".

The competition for the Best Actor/Actress awards took place intensely and fairly. In the Television category, these precious prizes were respectively given to Kang Ha Neul - the actor playing police officer Kang Yong Sik in "When the Camellia Blooms" - and actress Kim Hee Ae with the role of Ji Seon Woo - the wife struggling with her betrayed husband in "The World of the Married" (JTBC) that had the highest viewership rating on the satellite television platform. In the Film category, Lee Byung Hun with "The Man Standing Next" and Jeon Do Yeon, who brought the story of passionate maternal love in "Birthday", were awarded these prizes.

The Best Supporting Actor award is also a close race. Finally, the victory went to Oh Jeong Se - the actor who led two top-notch dramas in the past year, "When the Camellia Blooms" and "Stove League" - and Kim Sun Young - the actress who created two deep and completely opposite characters in the dramas "When the Camellia Blooms" and "Crash Landing on You". In the movie category, the Best Supporting Actor award went to Lee Kwang Soo in "Inseparable Bros" and Kim Sae Byuk in "House of Hummingbird".

The Best New Actor/Actress Award that one can only receive once in a lifetime went to Ahn Hyo Seop, Kim Da Mi, Park Myung Hoon, and Kang Mal Geum. After taking the lead role in the drama "Abyss", Ahn Hyo Seop continued to expand his acting spectrum through "Dr. Romantic 2". Besides, actress Kim Da Mi known as "rookie monster" wrestling in the film industry first starred in the drama "Itaewon Class" and received many positive reviews. The Best New Award of the film category is also novel. Park Myung Hoon, who was also nominated for Best Supporting Actor, received the Best New prize, and Kang Mal Geum of "Lucky Chan Sil" was also named for this meaningful award. Park Myung Hoon and Kang Mal Geum are 45 and 41 years old, respectively, so they set an interesting record when becoming the owners of the "U50 Best New Actor/Actress Award".

The trophy in the variety category went to top "entertainment gods". Yoo Jae Suk - who has been busy for the past with supporting roles like "Yoo San Seul" and "Lasek" - received the award after a long time of waiting. Park Na Rae - who once shone with the Daesang award at the "2019 MBC Entertainment Awards" - stood on the stage to receive the award and shed tears in the congratulations of colleagues.

In the Television category, the Best Film went to the baseball-themed drama "Stove League" which opened a new way to office dramas, and the Best Film of the Film category belonged to "Parasite". Along with that, the Best Entertainment Program was awarded to "Mr.Trot" (TV Chosun) - where caused the trot sensation all over Korea, and the Best Educational Show named the well-received educational show "Giant Peng TV" (EBS) with a friendly approach to the public through character Pengsoo.

Theater category, which garnered the attention of the art industry with its return in 2019 after 18 years of absence, has been extended further in 2020. The first owner of Baeksang Play is director Shin Yoo Chung with the play "Scorched Love". After a fierce competition, Best Actress went to Kim Jung of the play "Rotterdam" and Best Actor was awarded to Baek Suk Gwang of "Wife". Meanwhile, Best Short Play belonged to 0set Project (screenwriter-director Shin Jae) that created plays like "Act on the Anti-Discrimination Against and Remedies for Love and Friendship", "Learner" (rough translation), "Viewing Mode" (rough translation), etc.

The head of the appraisal board of the TV category Kim Ok Young said, "Baeksang Arts Award is a mass culture history presented in the form of videos. When looking back at the award records in the past after a long time, the public will have a glance at the popular culture history at that time. Baeksang awards are thoroughly considered and appraised to reflect all trends, atmosphere, and the flow of times." Director Lee Myung Se - the head of the appraisal board of the Film category - explained, "We have looked at all aspects including the theme and scale of films, judged them fairly and carefully selected to avoid reverse discrimination. We have reached the results after meticulous consideration so that no candidates were marginalized." Besides, the judges of the Theater category also shared, "This time, we have seriously evaluated all social issues like war, false consciousness, sexual minorities, etc. through such works as 'Scorched Love', 'Nokcheon Has Fields of richard simmons', 'Wife', etc."

Reporter Kim Jin Seok superjs@joongang.co.kr

• Love 1

He Bloomed in Time: Kang Ha Neul Hailed Best Actor at 56th Baeksang Arts Awards

BY ANNA G

He Bloomed in Time: Kang Ha Neul Hailed Best Actor at 56th Baeksang Arts Awards
(PHOTO : TWITTER)
HE BLOOMED IN TIME: KANG HA NEUL HAILED BEST ACTOR AT 56TH BAEKSANG ARTS AWARDS (PHOTO : TWITTER, INSTAGRAM)

When his name was called, it took him a few more seconds before he stood up. With his mouth agape and his face surprised, the 56th Baeksang Arts Awards hailed Kang Ha Neul as this year's Best Actor for TV. Considering that he competed against stellar actors - Park Seo Joon, Hyun Bin, Ju Ji Hoon, and Namkoong Min - this is indeed a gargantuan recognition for the "When The Camellia Blooms" star.

Kang Ha Neul, in character as Hwang Yong Sik in the 2019 drama, bagged the Best Actor award in the 56th Baeksang Arts Awards. Bewilderment washed over him, knowing that he was contending against superb actors on the list of nominees. It's like the story of "David and Goliath," vying for the award with their impeccable performances.

This is Kang Ha Neul's first major award as Best Actor, primarily in Baeksang Arts Awards. His previous recognitions were Best New Actor and Favorite Actor.

Kang Ha Neul is charming, eliciting the boy-next-door look that can make one's heart aflutter, not to mention he has a lovely voice. He started as a stage actor in the musical "The Celestial Watch" at the age of 16.

Aside from his talent in acting, he continues to sing in many variety shows. In one of his guest appearances in "Running Man," his love for music took over. Since then, every time he appears as a guest, they always wanted to hear his mellifluous voice.

In the long run of his journey to acting, he always gets to work with good actors. One with Park Seo Joon in the film "Midnight Runners," which became a major success as one of the highest-grossing movies in 2017. "When the Camellia Blooms" is his post-drama acting after his military service.

If you ever wonder what makes his character as Hwang Yong Sik the best, it's because "When the Camellia Blooms" talks about society, single parenthood, family, marriage, murders, children, and money. It is a collection of fantasy events in a small town where society's norm is a challenge.

Hwang Yong Sik is simple, yet provides comic relief to the story. He fell in love with Dong Baek, his leading lady in the drama series, a single mother who is deprived of love and support. He understands her needs and always talks about the future that includes her son as a family.

Although getting involved with a single parent is not a walk on a flowery path for a promising and hardworking professional like Yong-Sik, it's in this stage that he is determined to win, not only Dong Baek's heart but his family as well. The story provides a thrill when he tries to protect and save her from any harm.

In real life, though, Kang Ha Neul is single and wants to focus on his acting career. Late last year, he joined his former manager and under TH company. He is known for being humble and being caring towards his fans and is an animal lover.

And in case you haven't seen Kang Ha Neul's past dramas, check out the list below:

2013 - Monstar, The Heirs

2014 - Angel Eyes, Misaeng: Incomplete Life

2016 - Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo

source : Kdramastars

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/118041/20200605/bloomed-time-kang-ha-neul-hailed-best-actor-56th-baeksang.htm

• Like 1