Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ [Movie 2023] Dream [Upcoming Drama 2024] Squid Game season 2

Go Seung Ji

***Twitter has revealed, which Korean dramas and films earned the most mentions over the past three years! This is for the past 3-years from July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2021.  Forgotten ranked #14.  I’ve watched 9 of these Kdramas & 5 of the Kmovies…. They're so good! Congratulations "Forgotten" team especially to KHN. I'm glad that this movie is in the list. :kisslevel:

Twitter-Most-Mentioned-K-Movies.jpg

photo source : soompi news

• Blob 1

[Ishani's Picks] Top 10 K-Dramas To Watch When You're Missing Your Significant Other

With the holiday season coming up soon and the pandemic keeping people isolated, it is quite natural to miss your loved ones, friends, and family, especially if you're far away from each other and cannot possibly meet safely during this time. If you're caught up in your feelings and missing your significant other, here are 10 K-Dramas you can watch to alleviate the pain.

"When the Camellia Blooms"

Would you like some romance, comedy, mystery, and suspense on your watch list? "When the Camellia Blooms" is the drama for you! Starring Kang Ha-neul and Gong Hyo-jin, this drama presents a romance that is both dreamy and mature at the same time. After all, one doesn't have to be "young" to experience the butterflies of young love. A fair warning in this regard however is that Hwang Yong-sik and Oh Dong-baek might just raise your standards of how you'd like to be treated in a relationship higher than ever, which is all the more reason to virtually watch it together with your significant other.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Hancinema

• Blob 1

9 hours ago, willenette said:

***Twitter has revealed, which Korean dramas and films earned the most mentions over the past three years! This is for the past 3-years from July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2021.  Forgotten ranked #14.  I’ve watched 9 of these Kdramas & 5 of the Kmovies…. They're so good! Congratulations "Forgotten" team especially to KHN. I'm glad that this movie is in the list.

photo source : soompi news

Forgotten was released in 2017 and yet still being talked about by many even until now. Really a great movie!! 

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!

18 hours ago, Sky Kang said:

Forgotten was released in 2017 and yet still being talked about by many even until now. Really a great movie!! 

@Sky Kang indeed! It's a psychological thriller/sci-fi/ horror/murder mystery movie. It covers all the genres that play a part in this scary and violent film. For me, it's not that great but it's good. The moment I saw the trailer for this, I was immediately intrigued. I personally love Korean thrillers, especially when you add crime and mystery to the mix.  From the beginning of the movie, especially if you’ve seen the trailer, you start to wonder who the crazy one is: the older or the younger brother. They keep the audience guessing. I also loved that "Forgotten" had many spine-chilling scenes. The performance by Kang Ha-Neul was incredible. "Forgotten" was on the borderline of horror and thriller in the first half of the film. However, I must say that the very last part of the film was different from many typical movies, and ended in an admirable way. All in all, this was a decent movie. :issohappy:

• Blob 1

*** I hope Kang Ha Neul will take the offer to team up with SYJ in upcoming drama ‘Trees Die on Their Feet’. Kang Ha Neul is in talks to play the theater actor who takes on the role of a grandson. If cast, Son Ye Jin will be playing Ja Geum Soon’s

granddaughter. The drama is scheduled to begin filming next year. Wait & see..............      :shaq:

• Blob 1

Youn Yuhjung, Son Yejin and Kang Haneul Offered Roles in A TREE DIES STANDING

Story of North Korean Defector and Her Grandchildren to Air on Global OTT Platform in 2022 

20211006175102f034f3bf-3734-445c-baa6-fb1c7ceca8f3.jpg

Youn Yuhjung, who recently became Korea’s first Academy Award-winning performer, has been offered a leading role in the upcoming drama A Tree Dies Standing (translated title). Also approached to star were Son Yejin and Kang Haneul. According to their respective agencies, all three actors are currently reviewing their offers. 

Youn has been offered the role of Ja Geumsoon, a 90-year-old woman born in North Korea but separated from her family during the Korean War. Now residing in the south, she runs Korea’s top hotel chain, Hotel Paradise. Son and Kang have been approached to appear as her grandchildren, one who works hard for the hotel business and the other who tries to make his grandmother’s last wish of meeting her North Korean family comes true.

Following her debut in Kim Kiyoung’s Woman of Fire (1971), Youn has had a venerable career, which has included roles in Im Sangsoo’s A Good Lawyer’s Wife (2003), The Bacchus Lady (2016) and most recently the American film Minari, for which she earned the Best Supporting Actress Award at this year’s Academy Awards. She is currently shooting the Apple TV+ series adaptation of the best-selling novel Pachinko.

Son Yejin was last seen in the small hit Korean drama Crash Landing on You opposite Hyun Bin. She has another drama, Thirty-Nine, on the way in 2022. Dongju: The Portrait of a Poet (2015) actor Kang Haneul has several projects on the way, including The Pirates: Goblin Flag, the sequel to the hit 2014 swashbuckler that incidentally starred Son Yejin.

Though neither a cast nor a platform has been finalized, A Tree Dies Standing is expected to be released on a global streaming platform at some point in 2022.

credit : http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/news.jsp?pageIndex=1&blbdComCd=601006&seq=5632&mode=VIEW&returnUrl=&searchKeyword=

• Blob 1

*** DID YOU KNOW THAT Ji chang wook and Kang Ha Neul actually kissed lip to lip, “They were all very deep passionate kisses.” They have collaborated on a very special project. They shared sensual deep kisses numerous times during the musical “Thrill Me”. “Thrill Me” is an award-winning musical about two men who sought to commit the perfect crime. The play is based on the true story of a murder committed in 1924 by “thrill killers” Nathan Leopold and Richard

Loeb.     :rubchin:   :Megalol:

Ji-Chang-Wook-and-Kang-Ha-Neul-5.jpg

Ji-Chang-Wook-and-Kang-Ha-Neul-4.jpg

photos source : https://lovekpop95.com/2021/10/09/did-you-know-ji-chang-wook-and-kang-ha-neul-shared-sensual-deep-kisses-numerous-times/

• Blob 1

*** Kang Ha Neul dramatic weight-loss transformations, from being criticized by friends for being too fat when he was a student. Now, he  is masculine and has a solid body. He received much love from fans for his good looks as well as his outstanding acting talent. In a program with SBS, his successful weight loss story was revealed. Hosts asked him whether he goes on an dieting casually, and Kang Ha-neul answered that he doesn't eat dinner anymore. He also added that he doesn't drink and eat snacks much, only water. In the past, Kang Ha-neul also made an appearance at MBC ‘Radio Star’, and shared about his past days. There he said that when he was in middle school, he weighed about 100kg, and he had social phobia. He said - “One day, when I was about to open my bento box to eat lunch, I got a sticker note saying ‘Since it will make you fat, I can eat it for you’. That shocking note motivated me lose 30kg.”  :Ohboy3:

Kang-Ha-neul-4.jpg

Kang-Ha-neul-1.jpg

Kang-Ha-neul-2.jpg

• Blob 1

RAIN AND YOUR STORY FOR 42ND BLUE DRAGON FILM AWARDS

The 42nd Blue Dragon Film Awards holds a public voting for the films that aired from October 2020 to October 2021 and among them was Rain And Your Story starring Kang Ha Neul and Chun Woo Hee. This years Blue Dragon Awards determines its nominees by combining public votes and judges votes. Let’s vote for Rain And Your Story team so they can make it to the nominees list of Blue Dragon Awards!!

Here is the link for the voting page: 

http://www.blueaward.co.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=blue_2021_event&wr_id=58

*Note that you can vote for Rain And Your Story in all categories. 
*You can use a translator or auto translator from google or you can just find 비와 당신의 이야기 from the list. 

Here is the voting guide: 

Click the twitter post to view the steps on how to vote. Everyone can vote so let’s help Rain And Your Story team!! They deserve it!! Fighting!!

On 10/16/2021 at 10:00 PM, Sky Kang said:

RAIN AND YOUR STORY FOR 42ND BLUE DRAGON FILM AWARDS

The 42nd Blue Dragon Film Awards holds a public voting for the films that aired from October 2020 to October 2021 and among them was Rain And Your Story starring Kang Ha Neul and Chun Woo Hee. This years Blue Dragon Awards determines its nominees by combining public votes and judges votes. Let’s vote for Rain And Your Story team so they can make it to the nominees list of Blue Dragon Awards!!

Here is the link for the voting page: 

http://www.blueaward.co.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=blue_2021_event&wr_id=58

*Note that you can vote for Rain And Your Story in all categories. 
*You can use a translator or auto translator from google or you can just find 비와 당신의 이야기 from the list. 

Here is the voting guide: 

Click the twitter post to view the steps on how to vote. Everyone can vote so let’s help Rain And Your Story team!! They deserve it!! Fighting!!

@Sky Kang thanks for sharing this + sharing the link to vote. Good luck to this movie. I still need to watch this. BTW, I also watched his movie "Empire of Lust". I'm not a fan of this genre and period and because sometimes they are a little hard to follow. Although there is quite a bit of sexual scenes in this movie, they are scenes which portray great tenderness and love not the cheap trashy crap one. I don't know why this film has so few views. I hope more people give this movie a chance although this is quite an old film. Even the rape scenes here were done well - they clearly portrayed the cruelty and violence of rape. I watched this for KHN. About Jang Hyuk who's also here - whatever he is in, no matter if he is secondary lead, is well worth the watching. I have yet to watch any production he is in and not be wowed. The movie is good but not really great. This is my opinion - :7555_attack:

• Blob 1

2 hours ago, willenette said:

@Sky Kang thanks for sharing this + sharing the link to vote. Good luck to this movie. I still need to watch this. BTW, I also watched his movie "Empire of Lust". I'm not a fan of this genre and period and because sometimes they are a little hard to follow. Although there is quite a bit of sexual scenes in this movie, they are scenes which portray great tenderness and love not the cheap trashy crap one. I don't know why this film has so few views. I hope more people give this movie a chance although this is quite an old film. Even the rape scenes here were done well - they clearly portrayed the cruelty and violence of rape. I watched this for KHN. About Jang Hyuk who's also here - whatever he is in, no matter if he is secondary lead, is well worth the watching. I have yet to watch any production he is in and not be wowed. The movie is good but not really great. This is my opinion - 

I hope many will vote so that they will get nominated for blue dragon. The competition is fierce but a nomination would be enough to pay back their efforts for this movie. 

Yes! Watched that too in it shows a different side of Kang Haneul. I want to see him again doing a villain role. His character in Empire Of Lust was just pure evil and he pulled it off! Plus the Food Pink GIF scene omg. Did not expect him to go that far. He's so professional!! 

• Love 1

*** We know that Kang Ha Neul currently does not use social networks, especially Instagram. All current Instagram accounts bearing his name are fake accounts. But, he used to have an Instagram account but for personal reasons he deleted it. Many wonder why did he delete it. Explaining why he deleted his social media, Kang Ha Neul said that there’s no particular reason why. He's just not good at posting photos and managing an account. And because he had an account, he got various requests from different places and situations that he'd have to capture and post, and he didn’t like that. He didn’t like using it as a tool for something else. One day, he found himself, half-asleep, just writing random things on Facebook. It had become a habit. So he got rid of it first thing. And after making an Instagram, he increasingly felt that it wasn’t for him, so he deleted his account. :ohboy2:

• 2 weeks later...

PIRATES 2: GOBLIN FLAG TO BE RELEASED ON LUNAR NEW YEAR 2022!!

spacer.png

The movie 'Pirates: Goblin Flag' (Director Kim Jung-hoon, hereinafter 'Pirates 2') will visit audiences during the Lunar New Year holiday next year. 

'Pirates 2' confirmed the release in February 2022 on the 29th. 'Pirates 2' is the sequel to 'The Pirates: The Bandit Who Went to the Sea'. It depicts the adventures of pirates.

Muchi (played by Kang Ha-neul), the leader of the bandits with the self-proclaimed first sword of Goryeo. The story begins when he gets into a boat with the pirate Danju 'Haerang' (Han Hyo-joo) due to an unexpected incident.

The official introduced, “It is an action adventure with three elements, including fresh ideas, a corps of charming characters, and a magnificent sight that unfolds on the stage of the sea.”

Kang Ha-neul takes on the role of Muchi, the leader of the Uijeongbu. Han Hyo-joo plays Haerang, the owner of a pirate ship who calms the sea.

Lee Kwang-soo takes on the role of the pirate king's dream tree 'Maggi'. Kwon Sang-woo takes on the role of 'Bu Heung-soo', a traitor who seeks treasure.

Chae Soo-bin plays Haegeum, a natural con artist, Oh Se-hoon plays Hangung, a white-haired white-haired sharpshooter, and Kim Seong-oh plays an active role as Muchi's right arm, Gang-seop.

Meanwhile, 'Pirates: The Bandit Who Went to the Sea' surpassed 8.66 million viewers in 2014. It was praised for properly blending action and comedy.

• Like 1

Kang Ha Neul Offered Starring Role in “Trees Die on Their Feet”

when-the-camellia-blooms-kang-ha-neul-6-

Kang Ha Neul (When the Camellia Blooms) has been offered a starring role in the new Korean drama Trees Die on Their Feet. Trees Die on Their Feet is about old woman who fled North Korea and was separated from her husband and child.

She sets up a hotel in South Korea and hopes to reunite with them before she dies. An unknown theater actor pretends to be her grandson in order to fulfill her last wish.

Kang Ha Neul would play the actor. Also considering lead roles are Youn Yuh Jung (Never Twice) who would play the woman from North Korea and Son Ye Jin (Crash Landing On You) who would play her granddaughter.

Trees Die on Their Feet is looking to air later in 2022.

source : https://kdramakisses.com/2021/10/29/kang-ha-neul-offered-starring-role-in-trees-die-on-their-feet/

• Blob 1

[PICK] Romantic Dramas You Should Watch If You Enjoyed ‘Hometown Cha Cha Cha’

If Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha still lingers in your mind, here are five of the similar romance dramas that take place out of the urban city.

When the Camellia Blooms (2019)

Set in the coastal city of Ongsan, When the Camellia Blooms is a romantic drama that revolves around a woman who is trapped in prejudice toward herself and a man who loves her for who she is. Gong Hyo Jin draws the viewers strongly to this miraculous story by getting across her emotions through her single mother character, who owns a bar in the town and thus gets mean stares from the townspeople. Kang Ha Neul, who played Hwang Yong Sik, the man who gives unconditional love toward Dong Baek, made use of his well-known refined personality and vividly animated his pure-hearted character in the series. The drama’s unique appeal is that the main story, which often makes our eyes teary, intersects with the mysterious incidents surrounding the serial killer Kabuli. Overall, the drama has great performances, script, and directing.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://zapzee.net/2021/11/09/pick-romantic-dramas-you-should-watch-if-youre-a-fan-of-hometown-cha-cha-cha/

*** Can't wait for his upcoming series "Insider." Here, he will play the role of Kim Yo Han, a judicial apprentice who becomes involved in an unexpected case and leads him to jail. I highly anticipate Kang Ha Neul's acting in this new drama. "Insider" is slated to premiere in the first half of next year (2022.) Kang Ha Neul will also return on the silver screen with "The Pirates 2." Looking forward to this as well because Kwon Sang Woo is in it, too. The movie will meet the viewers in February next year, too. Surely, he'll be very busy  by 2022. Then, he is also in talks to work with Son Ye Jin  in new drama again "A Tree Dies Standing." So many blessings coming his way. :Megathanks:

kang-ha-neul.jpg?w=600?w=650

photo source : Kdramastars

• Blob 1

*** International Men's Day was November 19 this year.....................     :Ohboy3:

Happy International Men’s Day: 5 progressive male K Drama characters we are absolutely in love with

K-Dramas, typically, has a love story between a male lead and a female lead. While the community raves on about the ‘badass’ female characters that totally steal the show, very few times do people really notice the progressive male characters that break every mold of an ‘ideal man’ in the society and create new standards. On this International Men’s Day, here are 5 characters that absolutely smashed patriarchy. 

1. Kang Ha Neul as Hwang Yong Shik (When the Camellia Blooms

He is devoted, upfront with his feelings, not afraid to commit, and he always sticks up for Dong Baek (Gong Hyo Jin) no matter what. Even moreso, Kang Ha Neul proves he is a perfect boyfriend quality when he takes Dong Baek’s son under his wing and makes sure to always be there for him. The scene where he realises that Dong Baek went to such lengths to prove his innocence, his little quivering puppy face was definitely a sight! 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/happy-international-men-s-day-5-progressive-male-k-drama-characters-we-are-absolutely-love-945423

• Blob 1

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO BE RELEASED THIS DECEMBER! 

spacer.png

Ji-Min Han, Dong-Wook Lee →

Ha-Neul Kang, Kang-Jun Seo, 'Happy New Year' Simultaneous release in theaters and TV in December The original movie 'Happy New Year' will be released simultaneously through TVING and theaters in December.

Teabing's original movie 'Happy New Year', which drew attention with a variety of castings that gathered popular actors in one place, confirmed the simultaneous release of Teabing and theaters in December and released the launching video. The movie 'Happy New Year' is a story about people who visit Hotel Emros with their own stories to make their own connections in their own way.

Kang Haneul who will act as Jae-young will be a guest who decided to spend the end of the year at Hotel Emros. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Sky Kang said:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO BE RELEASED THIS DECEMBER!

Ji-Min Han, Dong-Wook Lee →

Ha-Neul Kang, Kang-Jun Seo, 'Happy New Year' Simultaneous release in theaters and TV in December The original movie 'Happy New Year' will be released simultaneously through TVING and theaters in December.

Teabing's original movie 'Happy New Year', which drew attention with a variety of castings that gathered popular actors in one place, confirmed the simultaneous release of Teabing and theaters in December and released the launching video. The movie 'Happy New Year' is a story about people who visit Hotel Emros with their own stories to make their own connections in their own way.

Kang Haneul who will act as Jae-young will be a guest who decided to spend the end of the year at Hotel Emros. 

@Sky Kang thanks for sharing this. This upcoming film shared a new teaser!  :Megalol:   I'm excited to watch this movie for LDW & KHN. :heart2:

video source : soompi news

• Blob 1