Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ Best Actor (TV) @ BaekSang Arts Awards 2020 | [Upcoming Movie: Rain and Your Story / Drama 2021 : The Moon Rising River 달이 뜨는 강

Go Seung Ji

[Ishani's Picks] Top 10 K-Dramas That Are Worth Re-watching Again And Again

There are some K-Dramas that are so good that one watch is simply not enough. They evoke such strong emotions in us that we go back to them again and again to relive those moments when we laughed, cried and empathised with the characters of the story. Such dramas are called "comfort dramas" because the sense of familiarity imbued in them is sometimes all you need to feel at ease at the end of a long day. Here are 10 K-Dramas that are so good that we can't help but rewatch them over and over again.

"When the Camellia Blooms"

Kang Ha-neul and Gong Hyo-jin's countryside romance is as good as it gets. A murder mystery and a blooming love story all in one, every single episode of this drama will give you butterflies in your stomach. Young love is undeniably sweet but the sincerity of mature love is incomparable. "When the Camellia Blooms" is a treat to watch, no matter the number of times you have already watched it.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Hancinema

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/18/2021 at 5:44 PM, Sky Kang said:

Happy 2nd Anniversary When The Camellia Blooms!!! 

@Sky Kang this drama is one of the greatest romance comedy of all time.  The cast of the series greatly impacted the lives of its viewers, even after two years of its run. KHN has been booked and busy since the drama's conclusion. His upcoming films "The Pirates 2" and "Streaming" have no exact premiere dates as they are still yet to be announced.  :heart3:

when-the-camellia-blooms.jpg?w=900

when-the-camellia-blooms.jpg?w=600?w=650

photos source : Kdramastars

• Blob 1

***KHN may have a new drama! Today, September 29, it's reported that he received casting offer for the new drama “Trees Die on Their Feet” (literal title). He will be with Son Ye Jin here in case. “Trees Die on Their Feet” is about an elderly woman from North Korea who doesn’t have much time left to live and a theatre actor who acts as her grandson in order to fulfill her final wish. Kang Ha Neul is considering the role of Jae Heon, an unknown theatre actor who acts as Geum Soon’s grandson Moon Sung in order to fulfill her wish. Son Ye Jin has been offered the role of Se Yeon, Geum Soon’s granddaughter who is in charge of Hotel Nakwon. The drama aims to begin filming next year (2022) and premiere in the second half of the year. I love the casting.  Victory Contents is in charge of the production. It will be penned by “Midnight Runners” scriptwriter and director Kim Joo Hwan. :kaching3:

son-ye-jin-kang-ha-neul-and-youn-yuh-jun

kang-ha-neul.png?w=600?w=650

source : http://www.joynews24.com/view/1407710

• Blob 1

***Twitter has revealed, which Korean dramas and films earned the most mentions over the past three years! This is for the past 3-years from July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2021.  Forgotten ranked #14.  I’ve watched 9 of these Kdramas & 5 of the Kmovies…. They're so good! Congratulations "Forgotten" team especially to KHN. I'm glad that this movie is in the list. :kisslevel:

Twitter-Most-Mentioned-K-Movies.jpg

photo source : soompi news

• Blob 1

[Ishani's Picks] Top 10 K-Dramas To Watch When You're Missing Your Significant Other

With the holiday season coming up soon and the pandemic keeping people isolated, it is quite natural to miss your loved ones, friends, and family, especially if you're far away from each other and cannot possibly meet safely during this time. If you're caught up in your feelings and missing your significant other, here are 10 K-Dramas you can watch to alleviate the pain.

"When the Camellia Blooms"

Would you like some romance, comedy, mystery, and suspense on your watch list? "When the Camellia Blooms" is the drama for you! Starring Kang Ha-neul and Gong Hyo-jin, this drama presents a romance that is both dreamy and mature at the same time. After all, one doesn't have to be "young" to experience the butterflies of young love. A fair warning in this regard however is that Hwang Yong-sik and Oh Dong-baek might just raise your standards of how you'd like to be treated in a relationship higher than ever, which is all the more reason to virtually watch it together with your significant other.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Hancinema

• Blob 1

9 hours ago, willenette said:

***Twitter has revealed, which Korean dramas and films earned the most mentions over the past three years! This is for the past 3-years from July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2021.  Forgotten ranked #14.  I’ve watched 9 of these Kdramas & 5 of the Kmovies…. They're so good! Congratulations "Forgotten" team especially to KHN. I'm glad that this movie is in the list.

photo source : soompi news

Forgotten was released in 2017 and yet still being talked about by many even until now. Really a great movie!! 

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!

18 hours ago, Sky Kang said:

Forgotten was released in 2017 and yet still being talked about by many even until now. Really a great movie!! 

@Sky Kang indeed! It's a psychological thriller/sci-fi/ horror/murder mystery movie. It covers all the genres that play a part in this scary and violent film. For me, it's not that great but it's good. The moment I saw the trailer for this, I was immediately intrigued. I personally love Korean thrillers, especially when you add crime and mystery to the mix.  From the beginning of the movie, especially if you’ve seen the trailer, you start to wonder who the crazy one is: the older or the younger brother. They keep the audience guessing. I also loved that "Forgotten" had many spine-chilling scenes. The performance by Kang Ha-Neul was incredible. "Forgotten" was on the borderline of horror and thriller in the first half of the film. However, I must say that the very last part of the film was different from many typical movies, and ended in an admirable way. All in all, this was a decent movie. :issohappy:

• Blob 1

*** I hope Kang Ha Neul will take the offer to team up with SYJ in upcoming drama ‘Trees Die on Their Feet’. Kang Ha Neul is in talks to play the theater actor who takes on the role of a grandson. If cast, Son Ye Jin will be playing Ja Geum Soon’s

granddaughter. The drama is scheduled to begin filming next year. Wait & see..............      :shaq:

• Blob 1

Youn Yuhjung, Son Yejin and Kang Haneul Offered Roles in A TREE DIES STANDING

Story of North Korean Defector and Her Grandchildren to Air on Global OTT Platform in 2022 

20211006175102f034f3bf-3734-445c-baa6-fb1c7ceca8f3.jpg

Youn Yuhjung, who recently became Korea’s first Academy Award-winning performer, has been offered a leading role in the upcoming drama A Tree Dies Standing (translated title). Also approached to star were Son Yejin and Kang Haneul. According to their respective agencies, all three actors are currently reviewing their offers. 

Youn has been offered the role of Ja Geumsoon, a 90-year-old woman born in North Korea but separated from her family during the Korean War. Now residing in the south, she runs Korea’s top hotel chain, Hotel Paradise. Son and Kang have been approached to appear as her grandchildren, one who works hard for the hotel business and the other who tries to make his grandmother’s last wish of meeting her North Korean family comes true.

Following her debut in Kim Kiyoung’s Woman of Fire (1971), Youn has had a venerable career, which has included roles in Im Sangsoo’s A Good Lawyer’s Wife (2003), The Bacchus Lady (2016) and most recently the American film Minari, for which she earned the Best Supporting Actress Award at this year’s Academy Awards. She is currently shooting the Apple TV+ series adaptation of the best-selling novel Pachinko.

Son Yejin was last seen in the small hit Korean drama Crash Landing on You opposite Hyun Bin. She has another drama, Thirty-Nine, on the way in 2022. Dongju: The Portrait of a Poet (2015) actor Kang Haneul has several projects on the way, including The Pirates: Goblin Flag, the sequel to the hit 2014 swashbuckler that incidentally starred Son Yejin.

Though neither a cast nor a platform has been finalized, A Tree Dies Standing is expected to be released on a global streaming platform at some point in 2022.

credit : http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/news.jsp?pageIndex=1&blbdComCd=601006&seq=5632&mode=VIEW&returnUrl=&searchKeyword=

• Blob 1

*** DID YOU KNOW THAT Ji chang wook and Kang Ha Neul actually kissed lip to lip, “They were all very deep passionate kisses.” They have collaborated on a very special project. They shared sensual deep kisses numerous times during the musical “Thrill Me”. “Thrill Me” is an award-winning musical about two men who sought to commit the perfect crime. The play is based on the true story of a murder committed in 1924 by “thrill killers” Nathan Leopold and Richard

Loeb.     :rubchin:   :Megalol:

Ji-Chang-Wook-and-Kang-Ha-Neul-5.jpg

Ji-Chang-Wook-and-Kang-Ha-Neul-4.jpg

photos source : https://lovekpop95.com/2021/10/09/did-you-know-ji-chang-wook-and-kang-ha-neul-shared-sensual-deep-kisses-numerous-times/

• Blob 1

*** Kang Ha Neul dramatic weight-loss transformations, from being criticized by friends for being too fat when he was a student. Now, he  is masculine and has a solid body. He received much love from fans for his good looks as well as his outstanding acting talent. In a program with SBS, his successful weight loss story was revealed. Hosts asked him whether he goes on an dieting casually, and Kang Ha-neul answered that he doesn't eat dinner anymore. He also added that he doesn't drink and eat snacks much, only water. In the past, Kang Ha-neul also made an appearance at MBC ‘Radio Star’, and shared about his past days. There he said that when he was in middle school, he weighed about 100kg, and he had social phobia. He said - “One day, when I was about to open my bento box to eat lunch, I got a sticker note saying ‘Since it will make you fat, I can eat it for you’. That shocking note motivated me lose 30kg.”  :Ohboy3:

Kang-Ha-neul-4.jpg

Kang-Ha-neul-1.jpg

Kang-Ha-neul-2.jpg

• Blob 1

RAIN AND YOUR STORY FOR 42ND BLUE DRAGON FILM AWARDS

The 42nd Blue Dragon Film Awards holds a public voting for the films that aired from October 2020 to October 2021 and among them was Rain And Your Story starring Kang Ha Neul and Chun Woo Hee. This years Blue Dragon Awards determines its nominees by combining public votes and judges votes. Let’s vote for Rain And Your Story team so they can make it to the nominees list of Blue Dragon Awards!!

Here is the link for the voting page: 

http://www.blueaward.co.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=blue_2021_event&wr_id=58

*Note that you can vote for Rain And Your Story in all categories. 
*You can use a translator or auto translator from google or you can just find 비와 당신의 이야기 from the list. 

Here is the voting guide: 

Click the twitter post to view the steps on how to vote. Everyone can vote so let’s help Rain And Your Story team!! They deserve it!! Fighting!!