Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ [Movie 2023] Dream [Upcoming Drama 2024] Squid Game season 2

Go Seung Ji

Kang Ha-neul to take on lead role in upcoming thriller 'Streaming'

Actor Kang Ha-neul [TH COMPANY]

Actor Kang Ha-neul [TH COMPANY]

Actor Kang Ha-neul will play the lead role in the upcoming thriller “Streaming,” the film’s distribution company Lotte Entertainment announced on Tuesday.

The movie, which also started shooting on Tuesday, is about a popular live streamer who streams the process of trying to uncover a serial killer.

Kang will portray the live streamer who specializes in content about criminal profiling and approaches the serial murder cases while also taking into account online comments, donations and his popularity as a streamer.

Jang Ho, the author of web novel “Justice” which was also made into a 2019 TV series, wrote the screenplay for “Streaming” and will take on the role of director.  

Kang debuted in 2007 and is best known for his roles in dramas “The Heirs” (2013), “Misaeng: Incomplete Life” (2014), “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo” (2016) and “When the Camellia Blooms” (2019). He also appeared in movies “Twenty” (2015), “Dongju: The Portrait of a Poet” (2016), and “Midnight Runners” (2017).

BY HALEY YANG   [yang.hyunjoo@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2021/03/02/entertainment/movies/kang-haneul-streaming-justice/20210302143500449.html

• Guest changed the title to Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ Best Actor (TV) @ BaekSang Arts Awards 2020 - [Upcoming Movie: Rain and Your Story / Current Drama 2021: The Moon Rising River]
  • 2 weeks later...

[HanCinema's News] 10 K-Drama Characters We Can't Help But Gush Over

K-Dramas have taken over the world and with their popularity, the brilliant worlds that they've built through their narratives have stolen millions of hearts already. Characters are the primary charms of any and all narratives and in K-Dramas in particular, they have an innately endearing quality which makes them memorable beyond the realms of the drama. Here are our top 10 favourite K-Drama characters who stole our hearts!

Hwang Yong-sik

photo1313804.jpg

The bearer of the flag of justice and also the sweetest heart, Hwang Yong-sik is hard to forget. Not only did he make Dong-baek fall in love with him but us too! "When the Camellia Blooms" wouldn't have been half as entertaining and endearing as it is if Kang Ha-neul hadn't taken up the role of Yong-sik and for that, we're eternally grateful.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Epistolary Romance Starring Kang Ha-neul, Chun Woo-hee Set for Release Next Month

Kang Ha-neul and Chun Woo-hee are ready to show their romantic chemistry in an upcoming film which is slated for release in late April.

"Story of You and the Rain" tells the story of a man and a woman who take some solace by exchanging letters.

Kang plays a man who lives a life of uncertainty while preparing for a college entrance exam.

Chun appears as a strong-minded woman who receives a letter addressed to her sister and begins exchanging letters with the man who sent it.

The epistolary romance between two youngsters who give comfort and encouragement to each other is expected to warm the hearts of viewers at a time when everyday life has become difficult for many.

The film will hit local theaters on April 28.

credit : Chosun Ilbo

Kang Ha-neul was 'in tears' when reading 'Waiting for Rain' script

http://img.koreatimes.co.kr/upload/newsV2/images/202103/805178786c89435f9aca1123105052cb.jpg/dims/resize/740/optimize
Actors Kang Ha-neul, right, and Chun Woo-hee pose during a press conference for "Waiting for Rain" in Seoul, Wednesday. / Courtesy of Kidari ENT, Sony Pictures

By Kwak Yeon-soo

"Waiting for Rain," featuring actors Kang Ha-neul and Chun Woo-hee, is a romance drama that stirs up nostalgia for the 2000s. It features a youthful vibe and captures raw emotions that each of us can relate to.

Set in 2003, the film tells the story of Young-ho (played by Kang), an unmotivated student who is studying for the college entrance exam for the third time. One day, he sends a letter to his elementary school classmate So-young to regain his verve and passion for life.

On behalf of So-young who is ill, her sister So-hee (Chun) writes back and the two continue to exchange letters while trying to sort out their lives. The two agree to meet each other in person if it rains on Dec. 31.

Director Cho Jin-mo, who previously helmed the comedy flick, "Suspicious Customers" (2011), and the romance drama, "Making Family" (2016), said he simply used letters as a tool to add an element of narrative and induce a retro feeling that blends well with a nostalgic plot.

"I think letters are the best way to express one's feelings. They also encourage our imagination because we often think about recipients and their reaction when writing. However, I'd like to note that the dialogue between the two characters in the film is far more important than the letters that serve as a communication tool," he said during a press conference for the film, Wednesday.

Director Cho also shared a reason for naming the film (whose Korean title is "The Story of the Rain and You") after a popular song title. "The film has no connection with the song. I just wanted a title that showcases the warm and flirtatious sentiment of the film," he added.

Actor Kang, who has portrayed a wide variety of characters throughout his career, is returning to the big screen for the first time in four years after the mystery thriller, "Forgotten." He continues to play a character that inspires youthfulness as he did in previous hits such as tvN's "Misaeng: Incomplete Life" (2014), "Twenty" (2015) and "Dongju: The Portrait of a Poet" (2016).

"Unlike other films whose storylines I tried to look at through the eyes of the characters, I was able to look at this one through my own eyes. I have many similarities with Young-ho's character," he said.

Kang said he was in tears when he read the script for the first time while serving in the military. "I was moved to tears when reading the script. I felt embarrassed to cry in front of others, so I went to bed right away," he said.

The 31-year-old actor shared great remarks about working with Chun and Kang So-ra, who plays Young-ho's close friend Su-jin and adds a little bit of flair to her scenes.

"There was so much trust between Chun and I. Although there weren't that many scenes together, I could tell from her aura that she is an actress without limits. I said to myself, 'I should only worry about myself and the rest will be fine," he said. "It was really nice to reunite with So-ra after filming 'Misaeng' together back in 2014. We had a great chemistry because I felt comfortable around her."

Chun said she could not think of anyone better than Kang to play Young-ho's character. "Kang truly embodied the role and nailed it. In real life, he is just as lovely and generous as the character. I understand why people compliment his personality so much," she said.

The actress went on to explain her character So-hee in the film. "So-hee is a person who has sympathy for others. Among the characters I have played so far, I think So-hee mostly resembles my real-life personality," she said.

"However if I were So-hee, I wouldn't reply to Young-ho's letter. I'd rather find him and talk to him in person rather than exchanging letters."

"Waiting for Rain" will hit local theaters, April 28.

credit : Korea Times

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sky5joyous said:

Reveal hidden contents

@sky5joyous, thanks for sharing this. KHN is surely very busy now promoting his upcoming movie. During the presscon, he said that Young Ho is a reminiscent of his younger self. He said that Young Ho reminds him most about his past. Looking forward for the movie to hit the K-theaters on April 28. :grin:

*** Lee Yoo Young may star with KHN in the new JTBC drama "Insider". She will play Oh Soon Yeon, the biggest madam in the red-light districts. She was part of the drama Tunnel alongside Choi Jin Hyuk some years ago. But, it will be her 1st leading role in case she accepts to do this. This will be directed by Min Yeon Hong who helmed the production of Missing: The Other Side. :rubchin:

source : https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20210405112648101

[HanCinema's News] Top 10 Korean Films You Can Watch on Netflix

photo1319144.jpg

With Netflix's ever expanding collection, Korean entertainment has been able to reach the farthest corners of the world. Especially considering the historial impact films like "Parasite" has had on the global film industry, Korean cinema is on the rise. Here are our picks for the top 10 Korean films you must watch on Netflix!

"Forgotten"

photo1319146.jpg

Kang Ha-neul gives the performance of a life time as the morally ambiguous Jin-seok who chases fearlessly after the truth when his older brother is kidnapped right in front of his eyes and returns with no recollection of the events. Kim Moo-yul plays Yoo-seok and is perfectly complementary to Kang Ha-neul.

(skipped unrelated.....)

*** The poster shows the lead stars who are far away from each other by the distance between Seoul and Busan but are connected by their letters. The movie is scheduled for release on April 28. :tightdeadline:

"Endless Rain" has unveiled its second poster

Endless-Rain-second-poster.jpg

poster source : https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2021/04/05/CZ6MFVR532DATGGY4RZPN7XU3A/?outputType=amp