Oh Hyun Kyeong 오현경 (tvN new drama, Don't Cried, Bird)

joy17

Actress Oh Comes Back After 10 Years

posterphoto418271.jpgBy Sa Eun-young
Staff Reporter
Actress Oh Hyun-kyeong, 37, who was shunned over a sex video scandal, will be back on television sets after a 10-year absence. Oh will appear in the drama "First Wives' Club", broadcasted by SBS to air Sep. 29.

During her long leave she has come to know, learn and experience much, the former Miss Korea told reporters at a press conference on Aug.7. Moreover, she now has a five-year old daughter and motherhood has given her the courage to press on.

For the actress, the ten years away from screens can be summed up in two words: pain and love. She was forced to quit acting after video footage of her having sex with her then boyfriend was distributed through the Internet, an incident that was almost unbearable for Oh at the time. "What I experienced was something that was hard to bear at that age, my late-twenties. I felt like I was living in a separate world", Yonhap News quoted Oh saying at the press conference.

There's always a bright side to things, however, and for Oh, the scandal helped her to discover the love and care of people around her. Oh said that many people had helped and encouraged her to take up acting again, and it was these people who made her realize how lucky she is.

The beauty pageant winner showed determination to work hard to win hearts, vowing to approach viewers through her acting and her way of life, rather than with words.

Source : www.koreatimes.co.kr...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Troubled Oh Hyun-kyeong 'Headed for Stability'

Oh Hyun-kyeong finds herself in the spotlight again. The ill-fated actress, who after winning the Miss Korea crown in 1989 made the jump into acting but was tripped up by an old video of her and her boyfriend having sex, is now making headlines with her divorce from her jailed husband. She seemed finally to settle down when she tied the knot in 2002 with Kemongsa president Hong Seung-pyo and gave birth to a daughter in 2003. But in June, she divorced her husband, who is in prison for corruption.

In an interview with the Sports Chosun, a sister publication of the Chosun Ilbo, she seemed confident that the worst is behind her and she is "headed for a more stable life". Oh has had her share of troubles, but she says that the people around her have become her strength. She confides she abandoned all hope that someone would come to her aid and learned to rely on herself, but in the end it was others who helped heal her wounds.

Oh remains sore about the mishap that curtailed her career in her prime, but she is going to lay down plans for a quiet tomorrow, she says. "It's time for a new journey to find myself again". At the end of that road, she hopes, lie happiness and fulfillment.

- Ups and Downs.

"Strangely, things have always seemed to get twisted. The incident [of the sex tape] snatched my whole life away from me, and then I had jaw surgery because of terrible pain, and as a woman I felt like my whole life was crumbling before me. But nowadays I don't especially think of myself as a victim. I feel I was unfairly treated, but there are plenty of unfortunate people in this world. It's just that I hope things work out better from now on".

- Your face seems to have brightened. Is there something new in your life?

"For a while, life was almost unbearable, and I just wanted to die, but now things have kind of dulled down. That's why I head out to meet acquaintances and spend more time out of the house. The reason why I restrained myself from ever going out during my married life was because I was worried that [her ex-husband] might feel hurt".

- What kept you going?

"In the end, it was other people. There were times when I felt abandoned by others, but thanks to the unchanging love that my fans have shown me, my feelings have changed. There is a group of 10 people including a lawyer and a professor who love Oh Hyun-kyeong for who she is. It was the help of these great people that brought me back to life".

- Do you have a wish for yourself?

"It would really be great if there was no more malicious gossip. I just hope that things work themselves out naturally, and I can once again find Oh Hyun-kyeong's place as a woman. I want to become a daughter who can help create good memories for the family that gave me so much positive reinforcement, and I want to be a good mother to my daughter".

Source : www.chosun.com...

Guest kwave06

i've seen oh hyun kyung in another drama 'first wive's club'  wherein she played the underdog against the  sunjeong character in 'wang;s family'.   i have seen her also in 'she is WOW'.  i can say that she's not afraid to try a variety of roles .  very competent actress.

i've seen oh hyun kyung in another drama 'first wive's club'  wherein she played the underdog against the  sunjeong character in 'wang;s family'.   i have seen her also in 'she is WOW'.  i can say that she's not afraid to try a variety of roles .  very competent actress.

I am glad to find another OHK's lover!

Kim Jeong-hwa and Oh Hyun-kyeong take a self-cam

photo303473.jpg

Kim Jeong-hwa made a special appearance in the tvN drama "She Is Wow". She took a picture with Oh Hyeon-kyeong from the drama and posted, ""She Is Wow" I'm sorry I was rude to Oh Hyeon-kyeong".

Netizens are curious about how the two actresses come across each other in the drama.

Kim Jeong-hwa made the special appearance in the third episode.

Meanwhile, Kim Jeong-hwa is getting married to CCM singer Yoo Eun-sang soon.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20...

Han Jeong-soo becomes King Euija

photo302212.jpg

Han Jeong-soo became King Euija.

Han Jeong-soo's agency Namoo Actors posted pictures of the poster shooting site of the tvN drama "She Is Wow" on Twitter on the 19th.

Han Jeong-soo is stuck between Oh Hyeon-kyeong and Ahn Seon-yeong. He is either locked in arms with them or he has his arms over their shoulders.

He is also posing with a 'V' with Ahn Seon-yeong as they are a married couple in the drama.

Han Jeong-soo takes on the role of Choi Goya in the tvN drama "She Is Wow" and has earned good reviews from the first episode.

"She Is Wow" is to be aired every Thursday at 11:20PM.

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"JTBC ‘Family Talk’ MC Oh Hyun Kyung, “I’m a Soju Lover!’

9gdp9kcmwdwtu4xu7rp2tv43uobh6t75.jpg

[by Sunghee Park] Oh Hyung Kyung made audiences burst out with laughter by revealing her affection toward Soju.
In the recent episode of JTBC talk show \'Family Talk,’ audiences on the show debated whether father’s drinking party is an extension of workplace or not. 
While talking about the topic, MC Son Bum Soo asked Oh Hyun Kyung if Oh often holds drinking party or not. To this question, Oh answered, “I sometimes hold drinking parties but my daughter hates it.”
Oh Hyun Kyung explained, “I believe party functions as a chance that generates closer relationship among co-workers. I also join drinking party as an extension of work but I actually enjoy partying most of the time. However, my 12 years old daughter tries to stop me from drinking.”
Oh continued, “Whenever I hold a drinking party with school parents, my daughter always attends with me. She warns me not to drink alcohol whenever a cup of beer is in front of me. However, in fact, I like Soju much more than beer.”
Meanwhile, JTBC’s talk show ‘Family Talk’ is being aired on every Tuesday at 11 PM. (photo captured from JTBC ‘Family Talk’)
Credit:https://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/jtbc-family-talk-mc-oh-hyun-kyung-i-103317600.html

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Kim Woo Bin, 2PM′s Junho and More from ‘Twenty’ Define What ‘Twenty’ Means to Them in Teaser Music Video

With the comedy Twenty set to begin selling tickets on March 18, the teaser music video has been unveiled for Twenty part 2.

Twenty is a song with a cheerful rhythm featuring a harmony between Kim Woo Bin and Sweet Sorrow’s voices.

Kim Woo Bin reportedly pitched his ideas for narration as he recorded the song, as if he had become ‘the 5th member’ of Sweet Sorrow.

88926002.jpg

Kim Woo Bin and Sweet Sorrow’s Twenty will be used as the ending song of the film Twenty.

The teaser music video for Twenty catches attention by showing the cast members’ thoughts on the question ‘Twenty, how was it for you?’ going along with the witty and fun lyrics of the song. 

Kim Woo Bin said, “Twenty is the starting point,” 2PM’s Junho said, “Twenty is a rough stone,” and Kang Ha Neul said, “Twenty is soju.”

Jung So Min said, “Twenty is ‘ing,” Lee Yubi said, “Twenty is fragrance,” Min Hyo Rin said, “Twenty is a trip,” and Jung Ju Yeon said, “Twenty is a tunnel.”

The older cast members also reflected on their 20s. Kim Eui Sung said, “To me, twenty is a yellow street light,” Park Hyuk Kwon said, “Twenty is the fight for physical strength,” and Oh Hyun Kyung said, “Twenty was the time when I was happy just by having a dream.”

Twenty is set to premiere on March 25.

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/88926/twenty-teaser-music-video

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Oh Hyun Kyung still in movie Twenty as DongWoo (by 2PM Junho) mom. In the picture, she also got twin boys.17_58_43__550be143a6af1_99_2015032408302
http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=140&aid=0000027048

• 4 weeks later...

Archived