Oh Hyun Kyeong 오현경 (tvN new drama, Don't Cried, Bird)

joy17

Episode 3 of Wang's Family ReviewKing’s Family Episode 3 Review: Lee Tae Ran Gets Blamed for Jo Sung Ha’s Bankruptcy class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 20px !important;"King’s Family Episode 3 Review: Lee Tae Ran Gets Blamed for Jo Sung Ha’s Bankruptcy

1365062515-bpfull.jpg&w=40&id=24&random=Sunny  0 Comments  926 viewsSep 7, 2013

In King’s Family, episode 3, Wang Ho Bak(played by Lee Tae Ran) got blamed for Go Min Joong(played by Jo Sung Ha)’s bankruptcy.

Lee Ang Geum(played by Kim Hye Sook) said to Ho Bak, “You could have been patient and wait until your brother-in-law confess about the bankruptcy. Our family is in misery because of you. Your sister can’t even eat because of you.”

Ho Bak was worried about Wang Soo Bak(played by Oh Hyun Kyung), and visited her house to make her food. However, Soo Bak yelled, “You’re happy, aren’t you? Why didn’t you tell me earlier? Who do you think you are? Get out of here.” Ho Bak was upset and said, “Mom blames on me for telling it, and you’re blaming on me for not telling earlier. What am I? Did I wish for a bankruptcy?”

Credit : http://koreandrama.com/kings-family-episode-3-review-lee-tae-ran-gets-blamed-for-jo-sung-has-bankruptcy/

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: 20px !important;"Oh Hyun-Kyeong’s barefoot acting becomes the talk of the town class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 20px !important;"Oh Hyun-Kyeong’s barefoot acting becomes the talk of the town class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: 20px !important;"

1343987808-bpfull.jpg&w=40&id=3&random=1topnet10  0 Comments  859 viewsSep 8, 2013

Actress Oh Hyun Kyeong will show her barefoot performance this weekend. Oh is currently starring as Wang Soo-bak, the eldest daughter, in the KBS 2TV‘s weekend drama The Wang Family (written by Moon Yeong-nam, directed by Jin Hyeong-wook, producted by Dream E&M) of number one ratings with 20 percent.
Wang Soo-bak is an immature wife who has never done housework in her life. She changes luxury furniture to relieve stress and spends bunch of money for a travel abroad or a expensive cosmetic procedure. She has no clue that her husband Go Min-joong (Jo Seong-ha) is weighing down by debt of his company which is about to go bankrupt even when her housekeeper quits and her cards get frozen.
Wang Soo-bak is also being treated differently by her mother Lee Ang-geum (Kim Hae-sook) who is proud of her daughter’s marriage status. However, something seems to change her wealthy years. She is crying barefoot sinking down on the street not to care about her luxury brand high heels taken off. In a picture, the husband is holding her in his arms staring at somewhere.
Go Min-joong on his knees who has given all of his fortune such as factory, house and car to his debtors and Wang Soo-bak in shock are expected to go through the mill from now. Can he overcome the odds with his thoughtless wife who put off her mother-in-low’s sacrifice and treated her father-in-low (Noh Joo-hyeon) Jajangmyeon, the delivery food, as his dinner.
Cinderella Oh Hyun-Kyeong’s outstanding barefoot acting signaling her trial will be aired at 7:55PM this weekend through KBS 2TV’s The Wang Family.

Credit : http://koreandrama.com/oh-hyun-kyeongs-barefoot-acting-becomes-the-talk-of-the-town/

Episode 4 of Wang's Family King’s Family Episode 4 Review: Oh Hyun Kyung Tells Jo Sung Ha’s Family about Bankruptcy class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 20px !important;"King’s Family Episode 4 Review: Oh Hyun Kyung Tells Jo Sung Ha’s Family about Bankruptcy

1365062515-bpfull.jpg&w=40&id=24&random=Sunny  0 Comments  1,084 viewsSep 8, 2013

In King’s Family, episode 4, Wang Soo Bak(played by Oh Hyun Kyung) told Go Min Joong(played by Jo Sung Ha)’s family about his bankruptcy.

As Min Joong’s sister told Soo Bak to take his father with them, Soo Bak, who did not want to live with him, yelled, “Your brother’s company went bankrupt. Now we’re left with nothing, and how are we supposed to take him with us?”

Credit : http://koreandrama.com/kings-family-episode-4-review-oh-hyun-kyung-tells-jo-sung-has-family-about-bankruptcy/

More from episode 4!King’s Family Episode 4 Review: Oh Hyun Kyung Cries as Her House Gets Seized class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 20px !important;"King’s Family Episode 4 Review: Oh Hyun Kyung Cries as Her House Gets Seized

1365062515-bpfull.jpg&w=40&id=24&random=Sunny  0 Comments  830 viewsSep 8, 2013

2 0  0

In King’s Family, episode 4, Wang Soo Bak(played by Oh Hyun Kyung) cried as her house got seized after her husband Go Min Joong(played by Jo Sung Ha)’s bankruptcy.

Soo Bak and Min Joong’s house got seized, and they had to leave the house. Soo Bak screamed as she saw seizure stickers everywhere. She quickly held onto her handbag and cried, “Please don’t take this one. It’s new.”

Credit: http://koreandrama.com/kings-family-episode-4-review-oh-hyun-kyung-cries-as-her-house-gets-seized/

Episode 6 of Wang's family!King’s Family Episode 6 Review: Oh Hyun Kyung Poops Her Pants class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 20px !important;"King’s Family Episode 6 Review: Oh Hyun Kyung Poops Her Pants

1365062515-bpfull.jpg&w=40&id=24&random=Sunny  0 Comments  1,208 viewsSep 16, 2013

In King’s Family, episode 6, Wang Soo Bak(played by Oh Hyun Kyung) pooped her pants.

Soo Bak and her husband Go Min Joong(played by Jo Sung Ha) moved into a small house with no bathroom. Soo Bak was at home reading a magazine, when she suddenly needed to go to the bathroom. She quickly went to the public bathroom, but she could not stand it there.

Soo Bak decided to run to her mother’s house, when she bumped into Park Sal La(played by Lee Bo Hee). Soo Bak had to stand with her listening to her comfort her. Later, when she arrived at her mother’s house, she eventually pooped her pants.

Credit: http://koreandrama.com/kings-family-episode-6-review-oh-hyun-kyung-poops-her-pants/

Episode 7King’s Family Episode 7 Review: Oh Hyun Kyung Gets Slapped by Jo Sung Ha class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 20px !important;"King’s Family Episode 7 Review: Oh Hyun Kyung Gets Slapped by Jo Sung Ha

1365062515-bpfull.jpg&w=40&id=24&random=Sunny  1 Comment  1,725 viewsSep 21, 2013

4 0  

In King’s Family, episode 7, Wang Soo Bak(played by Oh Hyun Kyung) got slapped by Go Min Joong(played by Jo Sung Ha).

As Soo Bak did not do any of the housework, Min Joong said, “We’re not here to do nothing. All you need to do is to let the rice cooker cook rice, why do you buy food everyday? Let me taste some homemade food.” Soo Bak answered, “Do you even consider how I feel left alone at home all day?”

The two continued arguing, when Soo Bak yelled, “I don’t even want to raise out kids. I regret marrying you and having your children.” Min Joong slapped her on the face, and Soo Bak shouted, “Why did you hit me? What did I do wrong?”

Credit: http://koreandrama.com/kings-family-episode-7-review-oh-hyun-kyung-gets-slapped-by-jo-sung-ha/

More from episode 7King’s Family Episode 8 Review: Kim Hae Sook Yells at Jo Sung Ha for Slapping Oh Hyun Kyung class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 20px !important;"King’s Family Episode 8 Review: Kim Hae Sook Yells at Jo Sung Ha for Slapping Oh Hyun Kyung

1365062515-bpfull.jpg&w=40&id=24&random=Sunny  No comments  1,733 viewsSep 22, 2013

In King’s Family, episode 8, Lee Ang Geum(played by Kim Hae Sook) yelled at Go Min Joong(played by Jo Sung Ha) for slapping her daughter Wang Soo Bak(played by Oh Hyun Kyung).

Ang Geum went to Min Joong’s workplace and said to him, “What did you do for Soo Bak? Why did you hit her?” She yelled, “Go home right now and ask her for forgiveness. All you did was to get bankrupt and make her upset.”

Credit: http://koreandrama.com/kings-family-episode-8-review-kim-hae-sook-yells-at-jo-sung-ha-for-slapping-oh-hyun-kyung/

Episode 8King’s Family Episode 8 Review: Oh Hyun Kyung & Lee Tae Ran Have a Catfight class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: 20px !important;"King’s Family Episode 8 Review: Oh Hyun Kyung & Lee Tae Ran Have a Catfight

1365062515-bpfull.jpg&w=40&id=24&random=Sunny  0 Comments  1,748 viewsSep 22, 2013

3 0  0

In King’s Family, episode 8, Wang Soo Bak(played by Oh Hyun Kyung) and Wang Ho Bak(played by Lee Tae Ran) had a catfight.

Ho Bak visited Soo Bak to her house hand full of mangoes. However, Soo Bak said to her sister, “Are you trying to show off? Is this what you wanted? Did you come here to show off that you bought an apartment?” Ho Bak was so upset, she shouted, “Yes, I’m here to show off! Now you’re satisfied? How could you say such a thing like that?”

Soo Bak threw all the mangoes Ho Bak bought for her and yelled, “Take them all. I’m not tasting anything you bought. They’re all filthy.” Then she grabbed Ho Bak’s hair, and the two ended up having a catfight.

Credit: http://koreandrama.com/kings-family-episode-8-review-oh-hyun-kyung-lee-tae-ran-have-a-catfight/

We are jumping all the way to episode 22! King’s Family Episode 22 Review: Oh Hyun Kyung Sings and Dances for Drunken Men class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 20px !important;"King’s Family Episode 22 Review: Oh Hyun Kyung Sings and Dances for Drunken Men

1365062515-bpfull.jpg&w=40&id=24&random=Sunny  0 Comments  2,269 viewsNov 10, 2013

2 0  0

In King’s Family, episode 22, Wang Soo Bak(played by Oh Hyun Kyung) sang and danced for drunken men.

Previously, Soo Bak got hired by her ex-boyfriend, Huh Woo Dae. Her first job was to sing and dance for him and the investors for his company. As they were satisfied with her singing and dancing, Woo Dae said, “She was the final contester of becoming Miss Korea.”

Later after the investors were gone, Woo Dae complimented on her saying, “The investors were so happy tonight thanks to you. No wonder you almost became Miss Korea.” Soo Bak replied, “You’re the only one who notices me.”

Credit: http://koreandrama.com/kings-family-episode-22-review-oh-hyun-kyung-sings-and-dances-for-drunken-men/

Actually back to one episode! King’s Family Episode 21 Review: Oh Hyun Kyung Meets Her Hidden Lover class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 20px !important;"King’s Family Episode 21 Review: Oh Hyun Kyung Meets Her Hidden Lover

1365062515-bpfull.jpg&w=40&id=24&random=Sunny  0 Comments  2,350 viewsNov 9, 2013

2 0  0

In King’s Family, episode 21, Wang Soo Bak(played by Oh Hyun Kyung) met her hidden lover, Huh Woo Dae.

Soo Bak contacted with her old boyfriend, Woo Dae, online. As soon as they met at the coffee shop, Woo Dae spanked her butt, and held her hand right away. He said, “It’s been so long! How are your parents? I still remember them telling me they won’t give their daughter to a jerk like me. But we still met several times after you got married, didn’t we? Oh yeah, it was hot the night before your wedding. What kind of manner is that to marry within three months we broke up?”

Woo Dae also handed her some check and said, “Come work at my company.”

Credit: http://koreandrama.com/kings-family-episode-21-review-oh-hyun-kyung-meets-her-hidden-lover/

Episode 24!King’s Family Episode 24 Review: Kim Hae Sook Feels Betrayed by Oh Hyun Kyung class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: 20px !important;"King’s Family Episode 24 Review: Kim Hae Sook Feels Betrayed by Oh Hyun Kyung

1365062515-bpfull.jpg&w=40&id=24&random=Sunny  0 Comments  2,229 viewsNov 18, 2013

1 0  0

In King’s Family, episode 24, Lee Ang Geum(played by Kim Hae Sook) felt betrayed by Wang Soo Bak(played by Oh Hyun Kyung).

As Soo Bak found out that her son, Joong Ji, was sick and threw up last night, she said to Ang Geum, “I paid you to take care of my kid. Then you should have done the work worth the money.”

Ang Geum was upset and lied down in her room. Then Soo Bak found a little scar on Joong Ji’s face and went to her mother’s room. She shouted, “Are you even taking care of Joong Ji?” Ang Geum felt betrayed and yelled back, “What do you want me to do? Watch your kid 24/7? You take care of your own kid!”

Credit: http://koreandrama.com/kings-family-episode-24-review-kim-hae-sook-feels-betrayed-by-oh-hyun-kyung/

Episode 23!King’s Family Episode 23 Review: Oh Hyun Kyung Thinks Jo Sung Ha Has Delusional Jealousy class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 20px !important;"King’s Family Episode 23 Review: Oh Hyun Kyung Thinks Jo Sung Ha Has Delusional Jealousy

1365062515-bpfull.jpg&w=40&id=24&random=Sunny  0 Comments  2,769 viewsNov 16, 2013

1 0  0

In King’s Family, episode 23, Wang Soo Bak(played by Oh Hyun Kyung) thought Go Min Joong(played by Jo Sung Ha) has delusional jealousy.

Soo Bak said to Huh Woo Dae, “You’re divorced and you don’t have any kids to look after. Why go home early? Let’s go get some drinks.” However, he refused saying, “I have to wake up early tomorrow morning for golf.”

Soo Bak had to come home. When she arrived, she was surprised to see Min Joong outside the front gate waiting for her. She said, “Why are you outside? Wait, are you suspicious of me? You look like you have delusional jealousy.” Min Joong answered, “I was worried that you still didn’t come home when it’s passed 12.” Soo Bak said, “Don’t do this again. I feel annoyed.”

Credit: http://koreandrama.com/kings-family-episode-23-review-oh-hyun-kyung-thinks-jo-sung-ha-has-delusional-jealousy/

Episode 24King’s Family Episode 24 Review: Oh Hyun Kyung is Attached to Her Ex-Boyfriend class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 20px !important;"King’s Family Episode 24 Review: Oh Hyun Kyung is Attached to Her Ex-Boyfriend

1365062515-bpfull.jpg&w=40&id=24&random=Sunny  0 Comments  2,780 viewsNov 18, 2013

1 0  0

In King’s Family, episode 24, Wang Soo Bak(played by Oh Hyun Kyung) was attached to her ex-boyfriend, Huh Woo Dae.

Soo Bak asked questions to Woo Dae at work such as, “Why did you get divorced? How old is your kid? Who is taking care of the kid? Do you meet often?” Woo Dae coldly replied, “None of your business.” Then he got a call from another girlfriend and went out to pick up the phone.

When Woo Dae came back, he saw Soo Bak upset and said, “What happened to you? You jealous of other girls?”

Credit: http://koreandrama.com/kings-family-episode-24-review-oh-hyun-kyung-is-attached-to-her-ex-boyfriend/

Take a rest on Wang's Family! Here is a little news about Oh Hyun kyung!

photo301822.jpg

Oh Hyun-kyeong cried on the cable channel tvN program "People Inside" while talking about the relationship she had with writer Moon Yeong-nam who wrote the SBS drama "First Wives' Club".

She said, "If it weren't for Moon Yeong-nam, my absence would have been longer. We figured out everything in 30 minutes and decided to go on with the drama together. I made a comeback I wasn't expecting".

"Moon helped me redirect my life for a whole year during the drama. I healed through the character in the drama. I earned a new life thanks to him". She also revealed a text message sent from Moon to her, with words full of care.

Moon answered the question, "Who is Oh Hyun-kyeong?" with, "She is a good actress who knows how to take care of herself".

Oh Hyun-kyeong said, "He doesn't even speak that way. It's a grateful thing knowing that someone there is someone who really knows you and is there for you".

Source : www.hankyung.com/news...

Copy & paste guideline for this article
Always put a link back to the source and HanCinema permalink

Great Seer is Oh Hyun-kyung's first historical drama! 

photo246701.jpg

Actress Oh Hyun-kyeong is attempting at her first historical drama.

Oh Hyun-kyeong is starring in the new SBS drama "The Great Seer" which is coming this October.

She takes on the role of Soo Ryeon-gae. She is the rival of Lee Seong-gye and a woman who loves the greatest authority of the Goryeo times Lee In-im. Soo Ryeon-gae is an intelligent and powerful incarnation of a devil.

This is Oh's first SBS drama in a year after "Miss Ajumma". She is busy mastering the skills she needs for this drama such as marital arts, horseback riding and others.

"The Great Seer" is a fiction historical about scholars who establish the Chosun by putting anarchy hero Lee Seong-gye in the lead.

Source : starin.edaily.co.kr/n...

Copy & paste guideline for this article
Always put a link back to the source and HanCinema permalink

Creative Commons License

Oh Hyun-kyeong talks about jaw line surgery

photo235403.jpg

Actress Oh Hyun-kyeong appeared on an episode of Channel A's "Shocking" to inform the public that although she did have surgery done on her jaw line, it was purely for medical purposes.

"Due to having overworked myself, I had some pains in my jaw area. Thus I went to get surgery done on it. When I woke up after the operation, my jaw was broken and my mouth had shifted a few inches from the center", said Oh.
The first operation was a major failure and at the recommendation of her doctor, Oh said she went abroad to the United States for a follow-up surgery.

"In the United States, they halted operating mid-surgery, saying that it was too risky. A few days later, they attempted again and it was a success", said Oh.
"I just don't want people to think that I had jaw realignment surgery. It wasn't for cosmetic reasons, and I had a really difficult time".

By Carla Sunwoo [carlasunwoo@joongang.co.kr]

Source : koreajoongangdaily.jo...

'Right to be forgotten' matters in Internet Age

Actress Oh Hyun-kyeong, 42, is another victim and her ordeal still continues.

She made her brilliant debut as an entertainer after winning the coveted title Miss Korea in 1989. Oh immediately rose to stardom and received a flurry of offers from film makers and TV broadcasters.

Yet her splendid life and dignity was entirely ruined in 1998 after the release of a video clip explicitly showing her having intercourse with her boyfriend on file-sharing websites.

Although it turned out that the sex was filmed without her consent and the boyfriend released it with malicious intent, the media poured harsh criticism on her. The clip and related news stories are freely available on file-sharing websites and major portals.

"It was a nightmare that is still alive", Oh said in her tearful comeback press conference in 2007, referring to her 10-year self-imposed exile from the pubic limelight. "I have a daughter who began to learn how to read. She loves to search for my photos on websites and used to kiss the screen. But I still find my heart beating out of control when I imagine the moment when she discovers an online article revealing my past". She implored the media not to comment about the affair in articles on her comeback.
Credit: http://www.hancinema.net/-right-to-be-forgotten-matters-in-internet-age-38770.html

Bae Doona was "worried over bad singing"

photo128975.jpg

Korean actor Seo Ji-seok, director Kim Min-sik, actress So I-hyeon, actor Lee Cheon-hee, actress Bae Doona, actress Oh Hyun-kyeong and actor Lee Jong-won at the press conference for upcoming weekend drama "Gloria" held at a CJ CGV theater in Seoul, South Korea on July 28, 2010. [10Asia/Lee Jin-hyuk]

'Family' is the core of weekend dramas. The typical family drama is about an extended family with various characters that fight, reconcile and live happily ever after. However, upcoming MBC weekend drama"Gloria" is more about relationships among people who share the same lifestyle rather than family ties. Below are the excerpts from the press conference for new drama "Gloria" attended by its cast, director and scenarist.

Q: Unlike typical weekend dramas, in which an extended family usually appears, it seems that"Gloria" focuses on the dreams of characters who are in their thirties.
Director Kim Min-sik (Kim): I wanted to create a light and cheerful weekend drama. I plan to talk about the love between four young people or a story of families that share their living spaces such as in a night club or a rented house. You may think it's a bit depressing or heavy since it's a story based on poor people. But this will be about people who enjoy their lives by being thankful for whatever they have, such as their talents or abilities.

photo128974.jpg

Korean actress Bae Doona (left) and actor Lee Cheon-hee (right) [10Asia/Lee Jin-hyuk] 

Q: Could you each introduce the characters that you play? 
Bae Doona (Bae): I play the thirty-something year old Na Jin-jin who lives her life aimlessly because she doesn't have any dreams or a direction for life. She has lost both her parents so she looks after her sick older sister while delivering newspaper at the break of dawn, has a part-time at a carwash and works in the coat room of a nightclub. Jin-jin is the kind of person who works hard at whatever she can get her hands onto. She discovers her true self when she accidently takes to the stage at the nightclub. 
Lee Cheon-hee (Lee): Simply put, I play a loyal idiot. He tries to help out Jin-jin, his childhood friend, but instead causes more trouble. I wonder if he will be much help when Jin-jin becomes a singer. 
Oh Hyun-kyeong: My character is Na Jin-joo, the older sister of Jin-jin. Jin-joo used to be a brilliant singer who was in the spotlight but due to a sudden accident she becomes a physically challenged person with the mental capacity of a five year old. And she isn't just plain pure. There's a depressed state that is always contained inside it so it makes people around her feel sorry for her.
So I-hyeon: I play the innocent and fragile Jung Yoon-seo who has no will to live. I'm very nervous because this time I will be playing the illegitimate daughter of a rich household instead of a career woman. 
Seo Ji-seok: Lee Kang-suk is the illegitimate son of a conglomerate. He doesn't believe in love and is a level-headed person. The audience will be able to see many harsh sides to him. 
Lee Jong-won: I am the half-brother of Kang-suk and my character Ji-suk is very possessive. He used to be in a relationship with Jin-joo and becomes involved in a love triangle with Kang-suk because he begins to like Yoon-seo. 

Q: Kim Min-sik, you mostly direct dramas that focus on women, like in your previous works MBC's "My Wife is a Superwoman” and "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry", and now"Gloria"
Kim: I like women. (laugh) I actually wanted to make a drama that women can enjoy watching and relate to because it's usually women that watch dramas. Plus I have always wanted to direct a production where the script is written by scenarist Jung Ji-woo. I found out that I had shortcomings even with my experience when I began directing. I'm very worried because I want to show the interesting imagery that came to mind when I read the script. I want female viewers' hearts to flutter and beat when watching Jin-jin. 

Q: Bae Doona, this will be the second project written by scenarist Jung Ji-woo that you will take on after starring in SBS' "How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor". Is there a reason why you choose dramas written by Jung Ji-woo
Bae: Honestly, there is no actor who could refuse a project written by Jung Ji-woo. I asked Jung Ji-woo a lot of questions like what kind of emotion is this, how should I show this feeling and bothered him in such ways when we shot "How to Meet the Perfect Neighbor". Thanks to him, I was able immerse myself completely while filming the show. I think he sent the scenario for this drama to me prepared to encounter a similar situation. (laugh) I believe we will have a fun time shooting the drama. 

Q: You play a singer in the show, how well do you really sing? 
Bae: I worried a lot because of that. I was worried about my bad singing because the drama can only move forward if Jin-jin is a good singer. But I took on the role because a real actor is someone who makes the effort to make the impossible become possible. The weird thing was that unlike acting whenever I began to sing, my confidence kept dropping. I am working on my singing abilities with Jin-jin's 'will do anything attitude'.

photo128973.jpg

Korean actress Oh Hyun-kyeong (left) and actor Lee Jong-won (right) [10Asia/Lee Jin-hyuk] 

Q: Oh Hyun-kyeong, you will be playing a physically challenged person after having played a perfectionist in MBC's "High Kick Through The Roof". Can we regard this as an acting transformation for you? 
Oh Hyun-kyeong (Oh): It's only called an acting transformation if I do a good job. The first thing that came to my mind were negative thoughts like what will happen if the outcome of the drama isn't good because I did a bad job with my character. I am taking on this role like it’s my homework and with it, I will be able to broaden my scope of acting. I get a confidence boost whenever the director says 'It's good' on set.

Q: Is there anyone you set as a role model for this drama?
Oh: I referred a lot to Sean Penn who played a challenged person in the movie "I Am Sam". And other physically challenged people from the movie, besides Sam, helped a lot too. I also observed the five- and six-year-olds around me. I practiced on the points such as reacting a bit slower and showing my emotions honestly. I still have a long way to go before I will be able to catch up to Sean Penn but I'm working hard on portraying my character as well as possible.

Q: How do you think Jin-jin feels about taking care of a physically challenged sister? 
Bae: We shot a scene few days ago, where I'm trying to calm Jin-joo who is crying at a crosswalk. That was when I realized what Jin-jin was feeling. We were on the road with all these cars passing by and suddenly it came to my mind that we only have each other. I also thought 'I must live because of this woman'.

Q: Lee Jong-won, up until now you've played the characters at two extremes -- either an honest or adulterous man. What was it like to take on the role of a son of a conglomerate who has a mean personality? 
Lee Jong-won (Lee): I think it's significant that I get to stay alive and not get killed off in this drama. I frequently get asked that question because I've played the adulterous role a lot. I can't say that I hate infidelity because it has led to me where I am right now. I consider the adulterous role to be a genre that I can take on.

photo128972.jpg

Scenarist Jung Ji-woo (left) and director Kim Min-sik (right) [10Asia/Lee Jin-hyuk] 

Q: Main character Na Jin-jin seems to be the typical nothing-can-bring-me-down type of character from dramas. How will this character be different from the other dramas that have featured characters like her? 
Scenarist Jung Ji-woo (Jung): There has always been a strong-willed female characters in all the dramas that I write. And most of the time, people think of the nothing-can-bring-me-down character whenever they see a strong-willed woman but I think this drama too will not break away too far from it. I am however, thinking of ways I can add in a different storyline but at the same time, I want to write a corny drama. There are many trendy and fun dramas but personally I want the drama to be something that my mom can enjoy watching as well as feel comforted by. "Gloria" will show how those people who live on the fast lane and those who fall behind, find comfort in each other. 

Q: Bae Doona, you've constantly been praised for your controlled acting so how has it been acting the role of Na Jin-jin? You must be pressured over having to find the balance between controlling your acting while also overdoing it. 
Bae: I prefer roles where I play characters who control their emotions but not all characters are like that. I will do the kind of acting where I push down my emotions since Jin-jin is a character who doesn't cry even if she wants to but I plan on acting in a friendly way since its one of the requirements of weekend dramas which are watched by various age groups. I am going to express every emotion in detail so that the viewers will feel sad and a little bit bitter when they see Jin-jin's brave image.

Reporter: Lee Ga-on
Photographer : Lee Jin-hyuk eleven@
Editor : Lucia Hong luciahong@, Lee Ji-Hye seven@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Source : 10.asiae.co.kr/Articl...

Note: Anything that is related to Oh Hyun kyung are colored by a color! 

Related movies/dramas

Mrs. Town
Mrs. Town
(미세스타운 남편이 죽었다 - 2009)
High Kick Through The Roof
High Kick Through The Roof
(지붕 뚫고 하이킥 - 2009)

Oh Hyun-kyeong Rediscovers Her Love of Acting
posterphoto294719.jpg
Actress Oh Hyun-kyeong dominates the small screen, appearing both in sitcom and drama. Her shooting schedules take up seven days a week, and she claims she rarely manages to sleep only more than two hours a day. Yet she is happier than ever.

At first, it seemed impossible for Oh, who had already started shooting sitcom "High Kick Through The Roof", to join the cast of cable TV drama "Mrs. Town". "Thankfully, both directors were very considerate about my schedule, so I can manage to do both. I have shooting schedule non-stop throughout the week, but it's possible if I sleep a bit less, and use the time to study scripts", she says.

She is especially attached to the role of a former top star and now successful jewelry designer in "Mrs. Town", because this is a successful career woman of the same age as the actress. "You know I'm not young any more, and there are many young actresses coming up", she says. "I think I won't get an opportunity to play a role like this that often".

Oh made a successful comeback in 2007, after 10 years of absence from showbiz following a sex video scandal. In "Mrs. Town", Oh appears with a unique hairstyle, flamboyant fashion and heavy makeup. She looks different from her usual image, but it is refreshing and feels good.

Oh was a glittering figure from the onset of her career. Twenty years ago, she won the 1989 Miss Korea beauty pageant, and soon became one of the top stars. Her pretty and vivacious look captured the hearts of many fans.

Oh was once a businesswoman herself, starting a golf fashion business in 2004 and modeling for it. She had to give it up when she returned to acting. "It's not easy to do both at once. When you run a business, you have to put all your time and energy into it. I had to make a choice between the two at one point", she says. "I think actors are born with something special. When you deviate and go on an alternative path, it's never easy. I did my best when I had my own business, but I finally felt at home when I came back to acting".

Because of her tight schedule, Oh rarely gets to see her daughter, although she is at an age when she requires a lot of her mother's attention. But the actress tried to make her daughter understand the situation instead of attempting to be a super mom. "When I'm shooting dramas, it's almost impossible to look after my daughter. But once the shoot is over, she is my utmost priority. I try to make her understand the situation as much as possible. I take her to the set, so that she can understand why mommy leaves early in the morning and comes back late at night".

Oh made her debut after she won the Miss Korea pageant, and never learned to act properly. "I can't say I'm good at it, but don't you think the moment will come if I keep doing it? I won't take any shortcuts until that moment comes. At times, acting seems so daunting and difficult, but it's something that I love more than anything, and it's what makes me the happiest".

Source : www.chosun.com...

Archived