(I like this CF very much)

Cr : ratoka8

Kim Tae Hee - Muss I denn - BNT and Cosmopolitan 2013 photogravure
(Uploaded in youtube on 21 Oct 2013)

cr : salang26133

10 Korean actors who made it in Hollywood

by Vivi on Tue, Oct 22, 2013 

Rain_Hollywood_crossover.png

Once you start watching Korean dramas, it’s natural to wish that you could find your favorite actors and actresses everywhere. Fans of Secret Gardens Ha Ji Won were thrilled when she recently signed a contract with a Hollywood agency. Fortunately, she isn’t the only Korean star to make it big in Hollywood. Here are ten other Korean actors and actresses who have starred in big productions.

Note: Not all of them were born and raised in Korea, but everyone on the list was born to Korean parents and speaks at least some level of Korean. For the sake of consistency, we used the Hollywood versions of all names, with family names last instead of first, though some of these actors use both.

1.Rain

Rain won over the hearts of Kdrama fans in shows like Full House, but he’s focused more on his action persona with his two big Hollywood films, Speed Racer (2008) and Ninja Assassin (2009). He was the first Korean actor to win an MTV Movie Award (for “Biggest Badass Star” in Ninja Assassin), but, most importantly, he once beat TV host Stephen Colbert in a dance-off: 

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5c7fj_stephen-colbert-vs-rain-dance-off_fun?start=0

skipped   .     .      .      .      .

skipped   .       .     .      .      .

Please read its entirety@ http://www.dramafever.com/news/10-korean-actors-who-made-it-in-hollywood/

Rain's NA Pics -

rain_raizolaundry21.jpg

rain_filmax-magazine.jpg?w=247&h=300

--------------------------------------

Rain's Latest Gifs 

Source:/rain-love2

heart_pink.gif

2db6a400d649329b6e9b0842de81918e.gif

a81c0410876a4a2e3b69b6f3da945893.gif

0f85a98ca81be7166417146c72e906a4.gif

ae752035fcb33992ce58ff4894c457d5.gif

0f7cb58e78711621f6cf5c193a898065.gif

And -   :))   :D  :))

Some of the CUTEST Rain GIFs by Baby Tree that you ever did see.^^ (GIFs credit: Baby_Tree @Twitter)

Hello shippers, 
We the moderators of Couple -  Shippers Paradise Have made some new rules and  few changes regarding "RULES & REGULATIONS " to make this thread a Happy- Friendly- Respectful (Getting along with everyone and respects everyone's opinion) Thread  for everyone! We want also that others will feel welcome and able to join the shipping of your favorite couple. this post serves as a reminder to everyone to follow the rules and regulations here at soompi. and we will all get along fine. Have a great time shipping your fave couple ok? OK!!!
http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2020835/rules-couples-shippers-paradise-please-read-follow?new=1

Nancyzak said:
Hi @anjjo,
Wow, wow, wow, what a hunks galore that we have here!  :-O :P:))
Thank you for introducing Rain's dancers and sharing with us the videos! Very admirable strong bonds of brotherhood among Rain and his male dancers. I guess they are like family to him. Even the female dancers seemed to have a grand time performing with them. Perhaps we get to see the entire troop when Rain launches his major comeback!  :-bd
I had wanted all along to make a collage of Rain and KTH making a wish/praying. When I saw the latest picture of KTH visiting the cathedral in Germany, it struck a chord in me that I should dedicate the collage with a suitable song to the couple. It so happen that I came across "The Prayer" at the time. Could say that the timing was perfect! I'm very pleased and satisfied with the dedication for our couple and I echo your wish on them!    :x :-bd :D
Today, for KTH, I'm am posting the articles below on her part-time job as private tutor in her younger days, her friendship with Honey Lee since university and two other articles. Since KTH and HL are close friends, I won't be surprise if they have many double dates together with their boyfriends.  LOL! ;):P;))
For those who do not already know, Rain is close with Yoon Kye Sang (a former member of G.OD. and formerly from the same agency as Rain). YKS is currently dating HL, KTH's close friend. 

Kim Tae-hee tutoring?

class="post-title" style="font-size: 20px !important; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "

What if you were to receive tutoring from Kim Tae-hee?

An story from a netizen who claims to have received tutoring from Kim Tae-hee appeared online.

A netizen posted online recently saying, "Someone I know got tutored by Kim Tae-hee after his high school exams. He still talks about it today sometimes when we watch TV".

This netizen said, "When Kim Tae-hee asked him, "Why~? Don't you understand?" with an expression about to burst into tears, he felt like it was a crime to not understand the material and that he might as well die".

Those who have seen this say, "You are a chosen one to have been tutored by Kim Tae-hee", "I don't think you could've concentrated on the studies", "It's such a short story but I totally relate to this", "I would've wished time stopped during the tutoring session" and more.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20...

class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "http://www.hancinema.net/kim-tae-hee-tutoring--37417.html

class="post-title" style="font-size: 20px !important; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "******************************************************************************************

class="post-title" style="font-size: 20px !important; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "What if Kim Tae Hee was your private tutor?

Recently, an image of actress Kim Tae Hee from the time when she used to give private lessons to students before her debut was revealed.

In the episode of JTBC’s Exclusive Entertainment News that aired on November 30, a student who once received private lessons from Kim Tae Hee made and appearance and shared some stories.

The man claimed himself to be taught by Kim during his high school days and said, “Teacher Kim Tae Hee graduated my middle school, and she was also one of the noonas that I went to church with. We knew each other just like that until she became my private tutor.” He also revealed a photo sticker taken at that time.

In the picture, the actress is posing with some male students who look very shy. Although she does not show the slightest hint of makeup, her outstanding beauty is apparent.

Kim’s tutee added, “Before teacher Kim arrived, I used to wash my hair and put on some perfume. However, the teacher didn’t seem to live up to our expectation; I had to take another year off studying for college and finally got into a university in a rural area,” inspiring a big laughter from the audience.

Source: Xportsnews

http://koreandrama.com/what-if-kim-tae-hee-was-your-private-tutor/

******************************************************************************************

class="blog_h2 entry-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-bottom-style: none; outline: 0px; font-size: 24px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: white; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(54, 57, 69); letter-spacing: -1px; "Kim Tae Hee and Lee Ha Nui look beautiful as Seoul National University students

November 17, 2011 6:15 pm dkrogers

A picture of actresses Kim Tae Hee and Lee Ha Nui was recently released and drew a lot of attention.

On November 17, an online community posted a picture of Kim and Lee. Both were Seoul National University students where Kim majored in Apparel and Lee majored in Korean Classical Music.

In the picture, Kim and Lee are smiling together. Their fresh clean faces and bright smiles captivated people’s eyes. Lee especially looks cute and fresh with chubby cheeks.

People responded: “Kim is surely a goddess.” “Lee lost a lot of weight.” “Both were also beautiful at the time.” “I wonder who they envy.”

When Lee was asked who is her closest co-entertainers, she replied it’s Kim. And when Kim appeared on KBS’s Win Win, Lee appeared as a secret guest and showed off their friendship.

• Source: Xportsnews

http://en.korea.com/blog/enter/tv/kim-tae-hee-and-lee-ha-nui-look-beautiful-as-seoul-national-university-students/

******************************************************************************************

Honey Lee pals around with famous friendsby javabeans | October 22, 2008 | 19 Comments

Former Miss Korea (also Miss Universe finalist, classical musician and Seoul University-educated) Honey Lee recently posted up new photos in her mini-homepage taken in New York, which is attracting notice for the inclusion of two famous faces: ex-Fin.K.L. singerOk Joo-hyun (above, with Honey Lee) and actress Kim Tae-hee (below).
    Photos show the stars indulging in sweets and fondue at what Honey Lee calls “my favorite place in NY,” aka the famed Serendipity desserterie. (I hadn’t known Honey and Tae-hee were friends, but they do share the same alma mater.) Honey Lee had traveled to New York in August to study acting.

- skipped unrelated -

http://www.dramabeans.com/2008/10/honey-lee-pals-around-with-famous-friends/

*****************************************************************************

Lee Ha Nui: "I was Kim Tae Hee's bodyguard"

Lee Ha Nui (24) spoke, "I was Kim Tae Hee's bodyguard during the time when we were schooling at Seoul National University." It is an answer to the question what kind of student she was during her time studying Korean traditional music at Seoul National University.

Lee Ha Nui spoke in an inside talk interview with Ilgan Sports Newspaper on the evening of the 14th, "I know Kim Tae Hee unni through the ski club in school from 2004 and up to now we are close. I am tall and played the bodyguard role of Tae Hee unni."

Kim Tae Hee who was called a 'Seoul National University uljjang (gorgeous person)' had just debuted in the entertainment world via the SBS TV broadcast of 'Screen' in 2003. At that time she was under Logos Film and her manager did not go with her to school as she was a new face.

Lee Ha Nui: "The dining room, the lecture room and the club room of the premises, the crowd really gathered every time when she came and the same male students moved to see Tae Hee unni. I led and cleared the way every time and I regarded myself as a villain while interrupting them with 'You aren't supposed to take pictures'." She also confessed that she was later embarrassed when she was caught on the screen by KBS 2TV's 'Entertainment Relay' which had come to the school at that time to collect data on Kim Tae Hee.

At that time, Lee Ha Nui and Kim Tae Hee were part of the ski club and went for training in the ski area of Gangwon-do in the winter of every year. "I remember that we stayed in a guest house in Hoenggye city where it's far from the ski area in order to save on the hotel charges and we got on a pickup truck every morning to move to the ski area. We got tired eating spam, kimchi and tuna. We also set duties to make the rice ball box lunches every morning," she laughed.

Lee Ha Nui had the talent and Kim Tae Hee who watched her generous form at that time recommended her to advance into the entertainment world saying, "Let's work here together." Lee Ha Nui saw Kim Tae Hee make the entertainment world life exemplary and came up with the decision to challenge in Miss Korea.

"When I was in Mexico where the Miss Universe pageant was held, unni (Tae Hee) frequently made encouragement telephone calls. Recently unni is filming 'Ssawoom', she got done with it at ten o'clock last night and said that she wanted to go watch the movie 'Hwang Jini' but it was not possible for me to go out as I was tired. Perhaps I am the only person who refuses a date requested by Kim Tae Hee," Lee Ha Nui laughed.

Journalist Kim Beom Seok [kbs@joongang.co.kr]

translation credit HOME of the Angel@www.kim-taehee.com

EDIT

Kim Tae Hee unni was my senior for 3 years in Seoul National University, unni always followed her classes even after acting and returned to school later. Though the Seoul National University lifestyle is primarily indifferent to entertainers, but it happened that a large number of male students sought Tae Hee unni and I played the bodyguard role as she is too sacred. As soon as she heard the news that I was chosen as 4th place in Miss Universe, she sent many celebration messages on my cellular phone but I had lost my cellular phone then and didn't know it at that time. Because unni says that she's very empty and vain, I would like to explain while I'm moving around, "Kim yeosanim/Ms. Kim (nickname of Kim Tae Hee), you are not so, please understand."
    http://honeyleeforever.blogspot.com/2007/06/lee-ha-nui-i-was-kim-tae-hees-bodyguard.html

*****************************************************************************************

We all know that KTH is one of the top beauties in SK and there's always the obsession with her looks that instantly becomes a hot topic for discussion or reported on by the media when her hame is mentioned or just with her mere appearance at function.  
    We have seen and read of her being a nuisance guest  at Lee Min Jung's wedding recently. That was not the first time that she was named as such. Here's another previous article on her being named the "Best Nuisance Guest". I also share an article of her so-called overshadowing her friends, as another example of the extent of the obsession with her looks. 
    We know that KTH has gotten use to such attention, which at times is embarrassing to her as she had admitted. To us, her fans, we are always proud of her for remaining humble and friendly at all times.

class="cb b15" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 15px; border: 0px; font-size: 27px; outline: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); clear: both; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "Kim Tae Hee 'Best Nuisance Guest' Photo Taken Right Next To The Wedding 'Perfect Looks'

A photograph of the actress Kim Tae Hee, attending a wedding as a guest, was released and gained popularity amongst the netizens. 

On an online community, a couple of photographs of Kim Tae Hee going to a wedding hall, was revealed. In the pictures that were uploaded, Kim Tae Hee is seen wearing a babydoll sleeveless shirt that has a flower print on it, along with a silver bracelet and a white large purse. This outfit seemed to portray a cool summer fashion. 

In the pictures, behind Kim Tae Hee were several wreaths that were sent by various celebrity entertainment representatives. In the picture's caption, it stated, "Kim Tae Hee, who attended a Namoo Actors Entertainment affiliate's wedding."

Netizens who saw the pictures of Kim Tae Hee attending a wedding, variously responded, and stated, "although she is amongst many people, her beauty still seems to shine," "I've never seen a guest like that," "although she dressed ordinarily, she can't hide her beauty," "she could be a guest that takes the spotlight away from the bride, but if she were to come, she would be happy."

© 2013 KDramaStars.com All right reserved.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/5564/20120909/kim-tae-hee-attends-a-wedding-as-a-guest.htm

**********************************************************************************

Kim Tae Hee’s Beauty Overshadows Oh Jung Yeon, Honey Lee

KIM TAE HEE'S COLLEGE PHOTOS WERE REVEALED ON "STRONG HEART."

June 21, 2012

Kim taehee

On the June 19 episode of SBS "Strong Heart," actor Lee Ki Woo talked about Kim Tae Hee's college years. He said, "I was in a ski club at that time and during the winter, ski clubs from every college gathered together. Among the many girls, only one girl stood out. That beauty was Kim Tae Hee. When Kim Tae Hee went grocery shopping, all the guys followed her to the market."

Following Lee Ki Woo's story, the production crew revealed Kim Tae Hee's college photos. The photo was a group picture from her ski club meeting. The problem was that Oh Jung Yeon, a KBS announcer, and Honey Lee, former Miss Korea, were in the photo beside Kim Tae Hee, and yet their faces were censored. Kim Tae Hee, Oh Jung Yeon, and Honey Lee went to the same university and they are still close friends today.

Internet users commented, "I can only see Kim Tae Hee," and "Even an announcer and Miss Korea cannot beat Kim Tae Hee."http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/9381/20120621/kim-tae-hee-beauty-overshadows-oh-jung-yeon-honey-lee.htm

Nancyzak said:
Hi @anjjo,
x x xx                                                  x  x  x                                        x   x   x

Today, for KTH, I'm am posting the articles below on her part-time job as private tutor in her younger days, her friendship with Honey Lee since university and two other articles. Since KTH and HL are close friends, I won't be surprise if they have many double dates together with their boyfriends.  LOL! ;):P;))
For those who do not already know, Rain is close with Yoon Kye Sang (a former member of G.OD. and formerly from the same agency as Rain). YKS is currently dating HL, KTH's close friend. 

*****************************************************************************************

anjjo said:
My dear Nancyzak, KTH's education is something that is looked up in Korea's showbiz world,  the reason why she is branded as one who has brains and beauty.  She lead a sheltered life, with all the comforts that her well-off parents can give and to sound cliche-ish - she was born with the silver spoon in her mouth.  :(     L-)   Rain finished High School at  Anyang High School of Arts, Anyang, Gyeonggi, even in his youth he loves acting and singing.  Boom and Se7en were his school mates.  In college he studied at Kyung Hee University (Post Modern Music Major/Media) and Graduate School at Kyung Hee University of Art Fusion Design. After completing two semesters there in Performing Arts, Rain transferred to DanKook University‘s Graduate School of Drama and Arts Affairs, in order to receive formal training in acting as he has in music. Because of his enlistment he stopped studying as a Total Art Major. Finishing up with this Masters Degree has only been delayed because of his heavy concert and movie schedules over the past few years.  ;)) >:D<

Rain's upbringing is different.  From his interviews, he claimed that when he reached his early teens, they became poor as his father lost his business and his mother even sick with diabetes tended  a small stall in the market.   Let me share with you these touching write-ups/interviews about his  
childhood  >:D

anjjo said:

My dear Nancyzak, KTH's education is something that is looked up in Korea's showbiz world,  the reason why she is branded as one who has brains and beauty.  She lead a sheltered life, with all the comforts that her well-off parents can give and to sound cliche-ish - she was born with the silver spoon in her mouth.  :(     L-)   Rain finished High School at  Anyang High School of Arts, Anyang, Gyeonggi, even in his youth he loves acting and singing.  Boom and Se7en were his school mates.  In college he studied at Kyung Hee University (Post Modern Music Major/Media) and Graduate School at Kyung Hee University of Art Fusion Design. After completing two semesters there in Performing Arts, Rain transferred to DanKook University‘s Graduate School of Drama and Arts Affairs, in order to receive formal training in acting as he has in music. Because of his enlistment he stopped studying as a Total Art Major. Finishing up with this Masters Degree has only been delayed because of his heavy concert and movie schedules over the past few years.  ;)) >:D<

Rain's upbringing is different.  From his interviews, he claimed that when he reached his early teens, they became poor as his father lost his business and his mother even sick with diabetes tended  a small stall in the market.   Let me share with you these touching write-ups/interviews about his  
childhood  >:D

Words From Rain's Mother (Fanclub-days)

Ji-hoon is not like a typical child, he is more like a calm and steady gentlemen.

Compared to his father, our family’s Ji-hoon is more like me. His
character is frank and straightforward, so we always hear from other people praising him as a very honest person.

While in a group of people he is not independent; at home, however, he is a sensible, grown boy. When he was younger, he’d always bicker with his only sister, but whenever she’d come home from a spanking/beating, he’d show sympathy towards her.

Our Ji-hoon has been obedient since young, very calm and steady. Whenever I give him a lecture, he never once talked back.

But Ji-hoon is a bit of a picky eater, so I’m a little worried…practically doesn’t eat pickled vegetables and meat. Because I’m looking after the shop, I’ve no way of taking care of him, so I feel very guilty.

I’m unable to be like those parents who accompany their children to the TV station and are attentive to them through the entire process; I can’t even make him something good to eat, so I feel ashamed and guilt-stricken.

When I first heard him say that he wanted to be a singer, I really wasn’t that surprised. Even though his father hoped that he would study hard to become a policeman or an officer, whatever the child wants to do, the parents have no choice but to go along.

In this sensitive period of teen hood, I have no worries about his behavior towards the opposite sex, or smoking and drinking.

The only thing is once the opportunity to learn is missed, it will never return again. So I hope that he will use the free time in between his performing activities to do more homework, which would be nice.

Credit: Bi with Rain@Cloud Taiwan
Translation by dsl99a@SexyBi

------------------------------------------------

Interview with Rain's father

Posted: 03.06.2008

These pics were taken when Rain was given an award by Kyung Hee University and he was represented by his father -

-These pics were taken when he received the KBS Daesang Award on Dec.30, 2004

Exclusive Interview with singer Rain's father

Singer Bi is crying. Bi who got his "Artiste of the Year" award last year December 30th during the 2004 KBS Music Award ceremony said,"Thank you to those who helped me fulfill the promise I made to my mother who is now in heaven".

Tears streamed down his cheeks as he said this.

Three years ago, Bi made a promise to his mother at her dying bed, "I will succeed". It is un-imagineable how he felt then, how at the momentwhen he was given the award, between Bi's promise to his mother and his excitement of becoming the best singer, his tears flowed for his motherwho is unable to witness his success, and the pain of losing a loved one.

Bi's mother, who was worried for Bi up to her last moment, 2004 was the year when countless people fell for your son!

With the serial drama, Full House, Bi was also presented with three other awards in the KBS actors' category. His acting skills were considered recognized in this aspect as well.

It was at the KBS Music Award that this artiste who debuted just three years ago was given the highest honor of the "Artiste of the Year Award".

But his award was celebrated with tears. Unable to stop his tears, Rain performed his encore performance, "It's Raining", with his head down most of the time.

From the outside, he looks like the son of a rich man. With his well-built figure and splendid dance steps, he has captivated the hearts of fans from the age 10 to age 60. But what kind of a journey has he traveled to get to where he is?

After the award ceremony, we went to Bi's house at Seoul, Mapo. At the time when we visited, only Appa Jeong was at home. "I don't think my son will be willing. I have not done anything for him", Apppa Jeong rejected our interview politely at first. However, under our persuasion, he finally relented and started talking about the journey this father and son has traveled together.

"When I saw my son receiving the award on TV, I cried too. There was an immense pain in my heart. I knew why he was crying. When he finally came home holding his award very late that night, I held him for a longtime, relaying what I felt to him."

Bi's mother was tormented by diabetes for a long time. As Appa Jeong's business failed, her condition grew worse. At that time, Bi was still a new-comer under JY Park's training. During a visit at Bi's place, JYPark learned about the condition of Bi's mother and sent her to Seoul University Hospital, saying "don't worry about money". But Bi's mother insisted on checking out of the hospital, saying that she didn't want to add pressure on her son. She finally passed on in December 2002.

"That was the most difficult time. When my son was training hard to become a singer, my wife passed away due to worsening of her condition.I went off to Brazil in hope of earning money. But I didn't find any job and finally had to come back, drifting around for a while. In between, the amount of money earned was negligible compared to my wife's medical expenses. You can imagine the difficulty then. During that period of time, my wife became blind due to the complications from diabetes. In the long term, her other body functions will also start to deteriorate. Because of that, my children did not receive one cent of pocket money at that period of time. To think of it now, I feel an incredible amount of guilt towards my children and wife."

Appa Jeong always felt that if only his career did not fail, his wife would not have been subjected to so much stress and leave the world so soon. Because of this burden of guilt, Appa Jeong gave up his habits of smoking and drinking.

"After my wife passed away, my son and I did not talk for a period of 2years. Except for some routine daily exchange, we did not know what to say to each other. Both understood the pain that each other was going through, and they did not want to remind or be reminded of it. So subsequently, the words became lesser. As a father, my guilt grew daily in the face of a silent son."

Bi's mother said this even at her last moment, "You must do what you want to do". She was always worried for him.

"After my debut, when I become a top singer, I will bring my award to your grave". This is Bi's promise to his mother at her death bed. After his mum passed on, he practiced like mad in order to succeed; working so hard it was almost scary.

3 years ago, he started receiving good feedbacks with the song "Bad Guy". "After my wife left the world, the family split up. I worked at somebody's millhouse, while Bi stayed at the hostel provided by JYPE and led his life. It was later that I heard he was eating instant noodles every day for months and practicing his singing and dancing like crazy. It was heart-wrenching for me."

"When he needed his parents by his side most, I did not give him any help."

After receiving the award, Bi went straight to his mother's grave at Gyeonggi-do. Even when his schedule was packed, he will put work aside during festivals or the anniversary and go to the grave with his family to visit his mother's grave without fail.

"On normal days, he will visit his mother's grave alone once a month.When I look at my son and compare him with other young men of his age,he is much more matured. Missing his mother so much, he has every reason to blame me. But recently, he has been keeping me company a lot when I'm at home alone. "Don't cope up alone at home. Go visit your friends or go exercise," he'll say. My son can't stay at home and rest for even one day. He'll usually come home only at 3, 4am in the morning." It is Appa Jeong's wish to make his son a nice, hot meal.

Seeing how hard his son is working to death trying to achieve his ambition, Appa Jeong feels that it is not untrue to say 10% of his achievements come from his talents, and 90% from his hard work. When he sees how hard his son is working, he wishes he could help a little. But his son always finishes he own stuff and think of what he needs to do in the future.

"When I was young I didn't work as hard as my son. Sometimes I want to lead my own life, sometimes I want to have fun with my friends. This isthe normal characteristics of young people. But my son, he keeps thinking of the future. Sometimes when he is resting at home, he'll keep saying he feels unease and then runs off to his practice studio again. I can't even stop him. This is when my heart aches for him."

Bi went to Rome with his father and sister on 17th Jan. They stayed there for a week befoe coming back.With regards to his son's popularity with the ladies, Appa Jeong is really surprised. Sometimes he goes online and is amused by the messages in benamoo cafe.

Onstage, Bi captures everybody's unwavering attention with his sexy dance steps and his enigmatic, unique voice. But he is never satisfied with himself and diligently strives to be better. Some housewives watch Bi on TV and forget to make dinner, causing them to quibble with their husbands. Some even went to the TV studio just to see him. But Bi doesn't just shine as a singer. He is just as outstanding playing his roles in Sangdoo and Full House, getting great comments on his work and performances. Some even say he's the home run of box office hits.

Why is it that Bi doesn't tire? Is it so his father can have some special and unique tonic? We're really curious.

"Ah..my son is already busy enough with his own matters. Imagine how tired he'll be if he has to worry about mine too! He always tells me to relax, and is afraid I'll feel lonely by my self at home. Last year when he had to film his drama serial, I was so bored at home I actually fell sick! I never used to watch TV, but I watched every episode of Full House without fail. From then, TV became my life! (Laughs)"

Bi's father has already been resting at home for one and a half year.He was running his own millhouse and cakeshop until Bi was in junior high. At one time, they even had two houses. But all these ended during the IMF. He tried many other careers after that, but did not succeed.

Although his son did not request for him to not work and just stay at home, but seeing how hard his son works, he hopes to help a little by staying by his side. So Appa Jeong gave up working abroad. He hopes to make up for the time Bi needed him but he was not there.

"Whenever I say to take care of him, he'll ask me to first take care of his sister, who will be taking her entrance exam soon. Of course, this is because Hana is his only sister, but it is also because at his mother's deathbed, she told him, "I'm leaving your sister to you". His sister is retaking her exams now, and she is similar to her brother in so many ways, so she wants to get into the drama and movie major in university. But the course is incredibly competitive. Although she is retaking her entrance, it still remains if she can get in or not.Anyway, I got to go do something of my own after she gets into university. I'm only 50 year old. Can't stay home the whole day at this age."

"The family trip to Italy on 17th Jan. Having ended his publicity activities for his third album, Bi is busy preparing for his first solo concert. He is going to release a single album in Japan in Feb next year, and will be going to Japan to promote this single. World-renowned fashion design, Armani, also extended his invitation and invited Bi to represent Asia in his fashion show, saying he'll be designing something especially for Bi then. Armani went considered many Asian artistes and finally decided on Bi based on his looks and charisma. On receiving the invitation, Bi said it's a good opportunity for the family to go for a trip together. It has been a long time since the family went on a trip together, and he doesn't when they'll get the chance to go holidaying together again if they don't do it this time."

But they're embarking on this trip soon, and Appa Jeong is growing uneasy. During the course of interview, he seemed to have relaxed quite a bit now.

"I must share with my son the words I did not say during this trip. The feelings I bottomed up for so long."

Seeing that he is starting to open up, I asked the question I've been hesitating to ask. Appa Jeong is only 50 year old. Has he considered remarrying? Has Bi ever encouraged him to do so?

"When I think of my wife, it's impossible for me to think of remarrying. I didn't know of how dangerous diabetes was at that time,and went working abroad leaving her here alone without enough to cover her medical expenses, my son has never talked about this topic. Although I don't know how life will be after my two children get married, but there is no such intention to remarry now."

In Appa Jeong's mind, the first priority is his daughter's entrance exam and his son's matters. Although this is something in the future,he hope to see Bi complete his remaining two years in the university,and after his military services, meet a nice girl and build a happy family.

So what kind of a daughter-in-law does Appa Jeong wants? Having created a dream-like couple in Full House, I asked him if Song Hye-Gyo is the kind of daughter-in-law he wants. After all, it's because of their over-whelming chemistry and compatibility that tabloid news of them dating emerges.

"It is perfectly natural for two persons to grow close together because they work together in the film day in day out. Whether they are together or not, he did not tell me. I only know they are very close friends. But of course, having a daughter-in-law like Song Hye-Gyo in the drama is good, cheerful and healthy."

Appa Jeong believes that his son has a clear direction of what he wants to do, and will work hard towards it. He also believes that his sonwill eventually meet a nice girl of his dream.

Although the conversation seemed difficult at the beginning of the interview, but as we ended up chatting openly and sincerely for a longtime! Of course, during the course of the interview, Appa Jeong keeps reminding the son he is proud of , "Just like the motto he made before he debuted, I hope he works hard and persist till the end, and stay as a humble person." With the strength of his family love with Bi treasures so much, I hope he strives forward courageously and meet no obstacles in his career path in 2005!

credit: Sammi-biwithrain
Kr to Ch trans: mynld
Ch to Eng trans: Rayndrop

--------------------------------------------------------

04.01.09 [uPaper] Rain Knelt Before Doctor Begging To Save His Mother

03/31/2009

At his mom's grave

^It says: "When I talk to her, I always touch (or rub) like this"

Until today, young Asian “Son of Heaven” Rain has difficulty getting over the emotions of the passing of his mother. While attending a certain conversational program, he ‘exploded’ when he was asked of the time he remembered the most when he had the most grief; saying that in order to treat his mother’s illness, he once knelt begging the doctor, but only resulting in a slap on the face (Deb’s note: don’t think this is literal here, probably just meant that he was turned away by the doctor, but I could be wrong).

Based on what the Korean media pointed out, Rain had disclosed in the program that when he was in his third year of high school, his mother was seriously ill, and originally she should have been able to obtain prompt treatment, but because she was incapable of paying for the treatment fee, she was disregarded by the doctor who said she must pay the money first before he could rescue her. He (Rain) knelt down begging for the doctor to help, but instead was slapped on the face. That evening, the landlord also evicted him and his younger sister out of their house. Wanting his younger sister to think that she could depend on him, he secretly hid in the bathroom while biting down on a piece of towel to hide his burst of tears.

Apart from feeling extremely regretful and blaming himself over the passing of his mother, Rain can’t help but also be thankful to his aunt and kind teacher Park Jin-young who offered him help during those times. He also expressed that after experiencing such a difficult time, it has enabled him to treasure everything that is before him during this present time.

Source: Upaper (http://udn.com)
Credit: RainHK
Chi to Eng Translation: dsl99a@Rain-USA

--------------------------------

I read in an interview that Rain is still in contact with the members of Fan Club.  They are also successful in their chosen fields, mostly businessmen and now CEOs.

The Band of Rain 

Fan Club was a 6-member K-pop boyband during the late 90's. The group was short lived.

Members
  • "Sang Jin": Rapper of the group
  • "Jeong Ji-Hun": Rapper
  • "Seong Hyun": Vocalist
  • "Ho Sang": Rapper
  • "Kyo Min": Vocalist
  • "Franky": Vocalist

Post Fanclub

Jeong Ji-Hun became the most successful of the group members. Afterthe group broke up, Ji-Hun took up the stage name Bi (비), or Rain inEnglish and started a solo career. At first, he ran into difficultieswhen his mother passed away, but he was able to release his first soloalbum in 2002, which became a big hit. Other members were Kim, Ho Sang,Yoo, Sung Hyun, Kim, Kyo Min, Lee, Sang Jin, and Jo, Frank.

Singles
  • Baby Baby
  • Search for a Dream (1998)
  • Mid Summer Night Dream

pictures and photos

Posted: 17.07.2008 22:17

source: baidu
form: rain-cloud

the picture was found in korean rain fancafe

this is when he was in fanclub and a section of his interview
the words in red box says that he wants to get married as soon as he graduates high school and the second underlined words says: i wish my ears were smaller
and the third underlined words says; Parts of my body that i want to get plastic surgery: everywhere except for my eyes, lips,chin and nose~

ha ha omg his answers are so cute
and other words i cant make out cuz its cut off but some says that his nickname is "woody" from toys story (lol) and sleeping habit is "i roll around every where when i sleep"

by da2xd-sexybi

-----------------------------------

Posted: 18.11.2008
caps from a show when he was still in fanclub

all credits: rainhk

video clips of Rain during his fanclub days

Posted: 24.01.2009

MV "Baby' from Fan Club

upload: nickgirl85

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v...

MV In Search of Dream 'Tubthumping' from Fan Club

-

MV "Baby' from Fan Club

upload: nickgirl85

MV In Search of Dream 'Tubthumping' from Fan Club

upload: sinavro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v...

Performance "Baby" (fan club 1999) 정지훈

uplaod: eye0rain

Guest xtaeheex

Kim Tae Hee visit to Thailand, she will shoot "12 Plus" CF with Thailand actor Mark Prin, October 25- 27th and 28th October for press conference. She return to Korea on 29th October 

Here's pics Kim Tae Hee arrived in Bangkok, Thailand 24th October

imageimage

VIDEO:  Fancam

Guest xtaeheex

1381202_10202322973821705_1021498172_n.j
1395894_10202322946181014_1195189006_n.j

1192_10202322972341668_1033232855_n.jpgcredit baidu
YOUTUBE VIDEOS:  

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"Mark Prin & Kim Tae Hee at maleenon tower

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"131025 Kim Tae Hee @ Channel 3 Thailand id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"
id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden;"131025 Kim Tae Hee at Maleenont Building (Channel3) by Aizame Airbud id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden;" 
id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"Kim Tae Hee at Maleenont Building 2 id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"

class="title"Rain is the cover story in Japanese magazine K& Vol. 13 for November.

by: Stephe@Cloud USA on October 25, 2013.

o0450059412727276843.jpg?w=450

Rain’s comeback has a lot of people and the Press beyond excited these days, and K& (“K and”) K-Pop and K-Culture Magazine in Japan is no exception.

Not only is our world star on the November Vol. 13 cover, the inside feature story includes the buzz on Rain’s comeback, his 8th Cloud fan meeting that finally took place earlier this month after being postponed from August (with good reason), and how fans from around the world gathered together with his domestic fans to welcome Rain back into the fold.

(A Rain poster may even come with the magazine, unless I’m having one of those “lost in translation” moments. Cool.)

Also included in this issue is news about G-Dragon, I.U., Lee Joon (MBLAQ), KARA, Nine Muses, Kim Hyun Joong, T-ara, and other artists, a little something for everybody.

This magazine is on sale now at Japanese shopping site Tsutaya Online HERE.

------------------------------------------

[10-25] [Rainyent]13-10-25 2013 The Cloud fanmeeting "To You" Fan Event

[Rainyent]13-10-25  2013 The Cloud fanmeeting "To You" Fan Event

Credit : rainyent//ratoka@rain-cloud

-----------------------------------------------

[ZEPP] A special Blast from the past #222: A Hip Song that Rain will NEVER forget. :)

•October 25, 2013

by: Stephe@cloudusa

rainzepposaka_1.jpg?w=500

With a new ZEPP Tour heading for Japanese shores next month, it’s only fitting to Blast back to the previous one, yes?

Particularly with what is one of my absolute favorite “Hip Song” Performances of All Time. There will never be another one like it. How many of you remember this wonderful piece of craziness from ZEPP Osaka in 2010? ROFL! I’ll bet you dollars to donuts that Rain will nev-vah forget it. What a nightmare for the poor guy.

The first time the music stopped on him, Rain jumped right back into the saddle as if he thought it was just one of those sound glitches that happens sometimes. But the second time the music stopped on him (after he came out blazing and somehow hit the ground), the resigned way that he laughed clearly said, Aish. They are screwing with me and this is going to be a looong night.

As it turned out, he didn’t know the half of it.

The way the Fabulous Ones didn’t seem bothered by the “sound problems” and were looking at each other skinnin’ and grinnin’ was awfully suspicious, and we smelled a bit of a conspiracy with the joke on poor Rain. They changed up their steps, came over into his space, and kept messing with him. Rain couldn’t even howl properly for cracking up. When his sunglasses went flying off on top of everything else, he simply gave up.

This unique Hip Song performance was doomed from the start and is made of Awesome.  You don’t see ‘em like this. I about laughed myself into a coma. Enjoy!

Hip Song, ZEPP Osaka.  (Fan cam courtesy of raintic @YT)

Annyeong everyone!

@xtaeheex posted the English translation of KTH's interview for Cosmopolitan May 2011 in page 13. Here is the article by Eiffel in Seoul with the scanned copies of her pictures in the magazine.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

'Actress Is Here' - Kim Tae Hee for Cosmopolitan May 2011

6048253423_0b163cf667_z.jpg

Actress Kim Tae Hee (김태희) who have been busy promoting 'My Princess (마이 프린세스)' in Taiwan was featured in May 2011's issue of Cosmopolitan as well as Eiffel In Seoul's May 2011 Calendar. Finally got to posting this after getting my hands on better quality scans, phew!

Enjoy the stunning editorial of the actress, photographed by Hong Jang Hyun.

6048805442_2f6efa8d4e_z.jpg6048253219_75f7cc54c1_z.jpg6048805162_47a737e190_z.jpg6048252965_824db5465e_z.jpg

http://www.eiffelinseoul.com/2011/08/actress-is-here-kim-tae-hee-for.html