[Drama 2013 - 2014] Prime Minister and I 총리와 나

StaRix

I have been wondering...in the early part of the series most of the stills seemed to focus on In Ho and Da Jeong. I even recall some of the people in this thread wondering about it. As if they were the ones who would ultimately end up together.

Could it be that even then the powers-that-be were already "influencing" the writers to veer away from the main pairing? Were they perhaps already trying to gauge the reaction of the viewers to a possible In Ho-Da Jeong OTP and if it came out good, then they would ask the writers to swing it in that direction? That wouldn't be surprising given that YSY and Yoona also looked nice together and would have fallen more along the lines of your typical rom-com pairing: young, and with more eye candy value. If they had become the OTP, then they would have pleased the viewers who always prefer their male leads to be flower boys. I wouldn't put it past the powers-that-be to want to change the storyline midway to cater to whatever seems to bring in more ratings. Perhaps we would've ended up with Da Jeong reminiscing about this strange chapter in her life through her writings but she ends up with In Ho.

But then, Yoona's chemistry with YSY, though present, was too tame. Her chemistry with LBS, on the other hand, was more sexually charged. Maybe they weren't too comfortable with that coz they probably weren't expecting it to be that way. (And this is supposed to be a standard-fare rom-com airing on a regular network. You can't have a pairing that makes the viewers want to see them deal with their attraction in a more, shall we say, mature way. Heehee.) But maybe the writers tried to stick to their guns for as long as they can but in the end was forced to compromise. So they still showed Yul and Da Jeong together in the end but their reunion has been "sanitized" by making it polite and open-ended.

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

akhenaten said: But maybe the writers tried to stick to their guns for as long as they can but in the end was forced to compromise. So they still showed Yul and Da Jeong together in the end but their reunion has been "sanitized" by making it polite and open-ended.

Repost from  YSY thread

Sorry guys please tolerate my english, I'm just tryin my best to translate this...:D

enjoy~

4oQh8BY.png

Sourceisplus.joins.com/article/533/13895533.html?cloc=

Coverage byjaehee@joongang

chinese translation cr. to 
bunny_bonnie

chinese translation from : BaiDu Yoon Si Yoon Bai / 百度尹施允贴吧原创翻译 LINK

english trans by eniya ( not 100% accurate )

Yoon Shi Yoon having a polite image as an actor ? Thanks to the start of his private church school life as a 4-year-old."

KBS 2TV drama "The prime minister and I ," with average ratings of 5% of the final play.

Although this approachable drama had let the audience feel the warmth of it , but also by the strength of the story not strong enough and was put to blame/criticism. Knowing the result that is below than expectation, Yoon Shi Yoon's expression is unavoidably gloomly/bleak. As the hero behind the TV series " Baker King, Kim Tak Gu " that had created 50% of the ratings, it is more able to understand the disappointment. 

In regards to this, Yoon Shi Yoon said, " If were to consider the ratings results, would not choose a romantic comedy which is less common to the audience . Compared to the ' temporary popularity ,' what I want is a long-term ' love ' ( from the audience )."

- From "Baker King, Kim Tak Gu " to " Flower Boy Next Door " as the protagonist, but right now is a supporting role.

" I have considered for a long time but the role is really good , choose to starred in it and I think in comparsion to the proportion of the role , the effect that comes from the drama through the role is more important. I am also just an ordinary person, will have profound thoughts/worries about this question, but I want to have a different variety roles in more projects, working hard to accumulate it in my own portfolio . "

- the result/rating was dismal.

"The audience might think so , but I am very satisfied. If I would to regret the project , I may not even starred in it. To revel in previous record and gaining huge popularity through the work, or starred in a unique masterpiece protagonist and become proud , I think it is a very arrogant attitude . "

- How was it like working together with actor Lee Bum Soo and Yoona?

" To have the opportunity to appreciate Sanbae Lee Bum Soo's acting , and could talk and cooperate with him has been very satisfying. One who is sincere and express his true feelings, it is really amazing , and he has this ability to help the surrounding actors to break-through in their performance, so I can be in a very relaxed atmosphere during shooting. Yoona has the ability to touch the audience emotionally, she could put those very delicate feelings and perform in a subtle way. She is the kind of person who will makes one look forward become or to be in the future as an actor after 30 -years-old . "

- Kang In Ho who played the role as Prime Minister 's ( starring Lee Bum Soo ) executive chief, is it really possible to have unrequited love with Prime Minister's Lady Nam Da Jung ( starring Yoona )?

"If Yoona is such as a woman, it should be possible (laughs ). What I saw in Kang In Ho is that he had treated DaJung as ' soul mate '. and shared with her the unfortunate family background, and his dependence on Da Jung precisely . "

- I heard that in the middle of filming between the resting time, you always have a book in your hands .

"This is my own unique method of adjusting the state of mind, always like to read books since I was a child. After becoming an actor, I thoroughly continue reading and it becomes a habit. Playing smart phone or computer when resting, and then turn to shooting immediately, it feels like the mental state is still 'floating' when saying the lines. But if it is reading or listening to classical music, and then into the shooting later, everything feels very stable. Whenever I am reading a book at a corner, some people will feel weird , but please do not misunderstand me. ( laughs ) . "

- Famous for being a polite actor.

"I think the teaching of the private church school has influenced me since I was 4 -year-old til my third grade. Because my parents were busy working in Seoul, so I was growing up in Jeonnam Suncheon with my grandparents. Although there was no way to learn English, but it was going to this school regularly that I learned to write Chinese characters · quadword primary philosophy of life Kam Po Ming heart , etc. If there were any misbehave (Contrary to etiquette), will be beaten with a cane by the teacher. Because learning the correct path of life from an early age, so even if we are not that kind of person, would still want to be a person of integrity. I'm really very grateful to my grandparents for helping me have this thoughts/views, . "

- I heard that you like to communicate with the older generation/ Sanbae ?

" I can really learned a lot, however those people in my age I could not feel the same interest with the culture. I am most familiar and always in contact with teacher Im Ha-ryong( actor ) to have dinner exchanges thoughts/ideas. Kim Gu Ra (hyung) once said to me that he really want to do a variety program with me as the entertainment industry really in need of this old-fashioned kid. Haha , is my character really that special/unque? I really don't know . "

- I heard that this year you want to be enlisted.

" Although do not know the exact time, but it will be soon. Going for a 2-years travel trip, and I believe I will be a little more mature when I return. It is a process that I will become mature. If so, then I should can become an actor worthy of trust . "

- how does acting get started ?

" during primary school , always looking forward to the drama class article, which is within the language textbooks . Reading lines when acting was really fun, slowly began the dream to be an actor. When I saw the movie ' Failan ' ( 2001 works ), I realize that acting could makes one feels the excitement and since then truly want to become an actor. So started study acting course in Kyonggi University and experienced a period of four years being unknown ( during University -ie he waited 4 years without any auditions ). Had worked in supermarkets and also worked part-time in warehouse in those difficult times, did not want to abandon my own dream of becoming an actor . "

- Do you smoke or drink?

"For drinking, it's great to hv a little when it 's time to eat with friends , but will not get too drunk . After a day's hard work, is so refreshing to hv a glass of cool beer and then feel so rested. As for Cigarette, I had not even tried once ."

- I heard that you have been doing charity service activities ?

" Join in the same charity organization as Sanbae Cha In-pyo which is called 'compassion', but did not often participate in the volunteer activities. Only did like once a month, unlike Sanbae Cha In-pyo who had done a lot of things, so I feel very ashamed every time this question was asked . "

- This year's goal

" Before the age of 30, I want to put my all into works which are devoted. And then from there, the way to begin after the age of 30 is to fill with new things to come .

-------end of interview-------

Yoon Si Yoon sounds like a very mature and thoughtful guy. I like how he answers about the ratings and his role. It shows an actor who wants to evolve and learn and who really loves his work as art, not just a business or a means to be popular. I hate it that some of his fans could not see that and kept complaining about him not being the lead in this one and not getting romance and I am glad his needs as an actor were covered through 'Prime Minister and I', even if the series itself did not do well in the ratings and in its final stages.

In Ho could have been incredibly boring without an actor like Yoon to help the characterization along. He did really well and he'll do well in the future too. Thanks for posting it, @eniya!

Guest adikkeluangman

Wow, what a great interview by YSY. He is so thoughtful and humble all the way. I'm glad that he took this drama. Imagine if other flower-boy type actor doing his crying-sad scene. I can't imagine that. I remember a while ago that he was acting in Park Hyo Shin MV. He took no pay because PHS is his fave singer. In the MV, he need to cry and when been asked how he do it. He imagine that he try to remember about his childhood and grandma. 
The only person in this drama that crying and still look pretty is Yoona but other than all actors portray it so real. From LBS, RJ, CJA and everyone. 
Lee Bum Soo is so charismatic in today episode. I think he is the most handsome and good looking when he gave the flower to Yoona. Or maybe because I watched on HDTV with large screen. And when DJ gave him the watch, it look different with the one that she choose at the store.
Looks like the <MOST POPULAR MIDDLE-AGED DILF STAR> poll made it to Korean news.

Bgpe7DiCUAElCGx.jpg

이범수, 가장 매력적인 중년 스타1위 등극…장동건 이병헌 제쳤다 http://t.co/CRB9wgJXCR pic.twitter.com/24YvACYvus

— 이범수 (@leebeomsoo)

February 17, 2014

dikkeluangman said: Wow, what a great interview by YSY. He is so thoughtful and humble all the way. I'm glad that he took this drama. Imagine if other flower-boy type actor doing his crying-sad scene. I can't imagine that. I remember a while ago that he was acting in Park Hyo Shin MV. He took no pay because PHS is his fave singer. In the MV, he need to cry and when been asked how he do it. He imagine that he try to remember about his childhood and grandma. 
The only person in this drama that crying and still look pretty is Yoona but other than all actors portray it so real. From LBS, RJ, CJA and everyone. 
Lee Bum Soo is so charismatic in today episode. I think he is the most handsome and good looking when he gave the flower to Yoona. Or maybe because I watched on HDTV with large screen. And when DJ gave him the watch, it look different with the one that she choose at the store.
Looks like the <MOST POPULAR MIDDLE-AGED DILF STAR> poll made it to Korean news.

이범수, 가장 매력적인 중년 스타1위 등극…장동건 이병헌 제쳤다 http://t.co/CRB9wgJXCR pic.twitter.com/24YvACYvus

— 이범수 (@leebeomsoo)

February 17, 2014

Guest pantlessyoong

a5c32dfegw1ednpy8opxcj215o1hse1i.jpg
[TRANS - YoonA Ceci March issue Interview]

Q: When I see you in real life I realised your voice belongs to the medium low range. It is pretty surprising
Right? Because regardless of photoshoot or on stage performing, I am mostly responsible for the cute ‘role’ so most of the people thought of me as girly. Actually when it come to singing, i also like medium low range parts and in photoshoots, I prefer more boyish concept. So there is a really huge gap between my image and the real me. In ‘Prime Minister & I’, the role Nam Da Jung has a very outgoing personality which is very similar to me in real life. I acted this role very comfortably. Because it is a refreshing image to the audience, I was hoping it can extend for few more episodes, so i have some regrets.

Q: The main leads are responsible for leading the shows, are you slightly more used to it now?
As of now I don’t think I am of the capacity to do so, the people I worked with, Kwon sang woo oppa, Jang Geun suk oppa, Lee Bum Soo sunbaenim are friendly and caring colleagues who regardless of during or outside filming provide me with alot of help. I am slowly accumulating experience from relying and learning from the sunbaes. The director of this drama said: “There is definitely a small yet significant difference between having experience as a main lead before or not”, to this I totally agreed. I feel I had a slightly better grasp of controlling the whole pace and process of the drama as the main lead. Also, everytime I can feel that concentration is really important too. I want to express different kind of feelings all to audience but I still don’t know how to go about doing. (Laugh) I guess I still have alot to learn and practise.

Q: In actual fact, Nam Da Jung’s emotions are mostly suppressed in ‘Prime Minister & I’. Do you agree?
When it come to love, Nam Da Jung is the type that will take care (of the other party) and is willing to make sacrifices. She is a very mature character. But I am still a kid in many ways.

Q: Is being mature a good thing? 
I aren’t sure either. I feel like being mature is about knowing more things. Compared to being 20 years old, I like being 26 years old more. Of course, it could be because I am still young thats why I think this way. But what I am certain is, doing things that I can at appropriate ages is best and most beautiful. To me, because I am always deemed to have a pure image as I have always been portrayed in this way, but I feel I can do alot of changes now. Recently when doing photoshoots I am more inclined towards mannish concepts. Previously I have always show a more cutely look, whether it is because I am attracted by mannish concept or is it because I am always more into mannish concept, I am not sure either.

Q: I heard that the 2nd day after your drama filming ends is the filming day for new MV.
I totally don’t have time to linger for the ending. Making a comeback with SNSD, I always have the feeling that it is time to reveal the hidden me. The members also said things like “like YoonA”, “YoonA is finally coming back” I will also display even more aegyo towards the unnies while joking with them. And when they finally accept, I will also have the “im back” kind of feelings.

Q: On my questions’ paper, there is one such question on how to enjoy own time after the drama ends. This is such a silly question. 
I can only kk. There is around 1 day of rest before CB. If it gets stressful I will also express it on my face and actions since I am just a human too. This kind of evaluation is depressing. But compared to throwing tantrums like that and ending up with no schedules, I prefer to have more schedules so i must always work hard with a rookie mindset.

Q: What kind of transformation will there be for SNSD comeback this time round?
The growth and maturity of each of the members? (Q: Do we need to be prepared to be caught by surprise?) I don’t think the shock level will be as high as IGAB. But i personally hope that everyone will be able to feel the charms of SNSD like in Genie or Hoot periods.

Q: The strong existance of SNSD into the 8th year is very meaningful in Korea music industry. Do you all look back occasionally too?Of course. Recently looking at EXO, i will also think back of our past. Hanging together with EXO, we will also joke naturally saying things like “Don’t provoke them, there will be problems”. This is something that we once heard very oftenly. Sweeping awards and having amazing album sales, we will also have feelings like “We will like that too then”. Only when you have experience it, will we realise the energy we received from the loves of our fans. I hope we will spend our future like now. Having self-confidence and at the same time feeling contented.Q: Can you define what do you mean when you said “Like YoonA” just now?Recently, i have expressed way too rich emotions. (Laugh) When i am in a good mood, i will be very bubbly, when i am upset i will be extra quiet. I am also very affected by weather and music. When asked to pick on what to eat, i will be ‘very’ indecisive. When i said “anything” and the other party said “how about pizza?” I will said “I don’t really feel like eating pizza.. isn’t there any others” things like that. Even though there will be times the other party will throw temper and said things like ‘don’t eat then’, but i have difficulty in choosing what can i do! I once even thought of writing down the food that i feel like eating.
Q: What do you dislike most?
Making mistakes due to a strange combination of circumstances”! (Laugh) For example, when there are little amount of water left in the cup and i asked “Who want to drink water?” and when i drank it after no responses is given, there will be people there that say “Give me a sip”! Or arranging my stuffs according to the scheduled meeting time, and when the appointment got cancelled or delayed, i will be moody (Q: Did anyone said that you are temperamental?) Hmm… compared to saying like this, i think it will be better to say i have rich emotions (Laugh)

Q: You don’t use SNS, fans are abit sad.During drama filming this time round, i am also hesitating alot on whether i should open one or not. Not only fans in Korea, but fans from all over Asia came to the set of filming to give me support, I wanted to greet and thank everyone. But i am not sure now, as i am afraid of mistakes. As of now, i am contented with updating through official site and appearing occasionally on members’ SNS. Hope fans will be able to understand.
Q: You are 25 years old now, right in the mid of the twenties. How have you been doing?
I am half way to 50 (Laugh) I don’t have huge regrets so far, so i think i am living really well. In the past, i have always depend on my luck and the positive reviews that i have accumulated previously, so right now i want to depend on myself to gain reviews. Even if i only have 60 marks but when i am together with the members i feel like i have 100 marks. Right now it has reached to the point that i want to show the 60marks of me regardless of what. I want to improve and accumulate as much as possible. And it is also the time to look at me realistically.

Q: Are you looking at yourself with even calm feelings?Possible. Because the parts that i once thought “it is still alright”, i feel that it is “insufficient” now. The time that i stop giving myself too much slack started when ‘Love Rain’ ended. It was a turning point to my own satisfaction. Because it was a period full of thoughts, i was also hurt and i have also experienced that i have grow up by a level. The things i need to work harder and put more efforts to think have increased too. Because i am the type that even if i plan beforehand it is hard to realise it. (Q:Do you think you give rated yourself too low?) Yes! That’s why i cannot use SNS. I am worried i will be too straightforward. (Laugh)
Q: When is the turning point for YoonA?
During Gee promotion period when i was 20 years old. I acted in ‘You Are My Destiny’ and that was my prime time. (Laugh) The second turning point is when i displayed a new image through ‘Prime Minister & I’ I hope in the year of horse which is also my zodiac will bring me good luck 

Q: What is the thing you want to do the most in Spring 2014?Hmm.. I want to exercise well. (Laugh) Ah! i want to watch more movies. During spring time i caught ‘Frozen’ to keep up with the trend. And as expected it feels so good to go in a cinema after so lo. I have many movies that i want to watch. First of all, the next one i want to watch most is ‘About Time’. (note: YoonA did this interview before she went to watch About Time and mentioned on her recent UFOs if you can recall) I am someone who love romantic movies.Cr: Chinese trans by 饱猫007
http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_4b22f8620101o61o.html

Eng trans: mystarmyangel 

Guest ErnestinaP

How & who does the ratings?.  I don't understand how ratings were low. Everyone I ask watches Prime Minister  & I.  Also, if you read the comments on Drama Fever, over 1,000+ comments, they all loved P.M. & I, and gave it a 5 star rating.    I believe time zones affected the rating.  Not the show.    Of course, you have about 1% or less saying they had difficulty with the age difference.  These two main characters are adults and into the film industry. Why are people so critical of their age. Lee Bum Soo is still young looking.  Especially when he plays next to Yoona, he looks younger..  Lee Bum Soo and Yoona (Nam DaJung) has on screen chemistry that overcame their age difference.  The characters called for Yoona to play a mature woman in early 20's, and the P.M. a youthful-minded man in his early 40's. what's wrong with this?  They did excellent/superb acting in their roles.  BEST DRAMA SHOW I"VE SEEN.  I'VE WATCHED THE COMPLETE EPISODES (17) FIVE TIMES ALREADY.  I'VE NEVER WATCHED A SHOW TWICE.  YET, THIS DRAMA HAS ME OBSESSED, BECAUSE IT HAD COMEDY, ROMANCE, FAMILY VALUES, EMOTIONAL PAIN/SCARS, LOYALTY, REVENGE, ETC.,    CASTING WAS EXCELLENT.  CHILDREN, GRANDPA, ETC.,    WRITERS, PLEASE LET US KNOW WHAT HAPPEN AFTER EPISODE 15.  SUCH A WASTE WITH THE LILY CLUB LADIES AND ESP. WITH NA YOUNG COMING INTO THE PICTURE.  IT SEEMED LIKE THE WHOLE SHOW CHANGED ONCE NA YOUNG WAS FOUND TO BE ALIVE.  REMEMBER THE SHOW IS THE P.M. & I, not NA YOUNG.  IF THE WRITERS CAN WRITE A GREAT SCRIPT ALL THE WAY TO THE PART OF THE CHURCH SCENE, WHAT HAPPEN?  NA YOUNG RUINED THEIR LIVES (THE P.M. & NAM DA JUNG)  NAM DA JUNG WAS ON HER WAY TO MEET THE P.M. TO GET MARRIED AGAIN, UNTIL SHE RAN INTO NA YOUNG, AND EVERYTHING FELL APART AFTER THAT.  NAM DA JUNG FELT SHE HAD TO BREAK UP IN ORDER FOR THE P.M. TO REUNITE HIS FAMILY FOR THE CHILDREN'S SAKE.    NA YOUNG PROMISED DIRECTOR KANG THAT SHE WOULD STAY AWAY FROM THE CHILDREN, P.M. & NAM DA JUNG.  YET NA YOUNG MADE HERSELF VERY VISIBLE FOR EVERYONE TO SEE HER.  SHE GAVE UP HER KIDS FOR HER LOVER, YET, THE WRITERS MADE HER CHARACTER LIKE A SAINT, AT THE END.  SHE WAS ABLE TO REUNITE WITH HER CHILDREN AND HER LOVER WOKE UP AND THEY ENDED BEING BACK TOGETHER.  WHY?  THEY SHOULD HAVE LET THE MOTHER DEAD.THE PRIME MINISTER & NAM DA JUNG DID AN EXCELLENT JOB IN THEIR CHARACTERS, WHY WRITERS DID YOU FELL THEM AT THE END.?YOU SHOULD REDO OR HAVE A SECOND SEASON AND HAVE YOONA & LEE BUM SOO REUNITING WITH THE CHILDREN, AND  LEE BUM SOO & YOONA, WORKING THE ELECTION WHILE DATING & HAVING LOTS OF FUN.  LEE BUM SOO WINNING THE ELECTION WITH YOONA BY HIS SIDE, THEN A BIG KOREAN REAL WEDDING.  THEY DESERVE TO BE TOGETHER.    THAT WOULD REDEEM A FANTASTIC HEART WARMING SHOW.  KBS, WE DEMAND A SECOND SEASON. WITH THE SAME EXCELLENT CAST.   LEE BUM SOO & YOONA TOUCHES THE AUDIENCE EMOTIONALLY WITH THEIR EXCELLENT ACTING SKILLS.  THEY AND THE CHILDREN MADE THE SHOW.  LEE BUM SOO & YOONA HAS SIZZLING CHEMISTRY.

Orion said: Yoon Si Yoon sounds like a very mature and thoughtful guy. I like how he answers about the ratings and his role. It shows an actor who wants to evolve and learn and who really loves his work as art, not just a business or a means to be popular. I hate it that some of his fans could not see that and kept complaining about him not being the lead in this one and not getting romance and I am glad his needs as an actor were covered through 'Prime Minister and I', even if the series itself did not do well in the ratings and in its final stages.

In Ho could have been incredibly boring without an actor like Yoon to help the characterization along. He did really well and he'll do well in the future too. Thanks for posting it, @eniya!

I really miss this drama....
repeat episodes again and again... !
*repeat mode*

Wahahaha. Same here. But I stop at 14, and just check out bits and pieces of the last 3 eps. Though I must say I actually loved the scene in episode 17 of Da Jeong and her dad on the rooftop right before he died, when he was talking about his wish for Da Jeong to find a good man who would love only her and have eyes only for her. And when she answered "He is that kind of a man, Dad" my heart just broke. I wish Yul had been there to hear her talk about him that way to her father. I wonder what he would've done.

:(

Archived