Want to be a Soompi Moderator?

Admin

Guest minminsarang

With the new mods, there should be a clean up around some of the sections. In particular, the couples & shippers paradise in my opinion is infamous for shipper wars. This is a suggestion so please consider it.

Yeah. I knew that there was something that could be done elsewhere on the forums, but I couldn't remember what it was since I don't visit that one in particular.

The problem there is that shipping wars are natural and it is a new forum that brings more interaction between people who like to pair people, which of course is the start of an argument when someone already had a couple in mind.

One of the issues on this site was promoting people who just posted links all the time. That's not moderating.

There's bound to be coupling wars in the couples - shippers paradise as long as there are differences in personal preferences. These differences are inevitable but when they cause the members to aggressively engage in full blown bashings of each other or the celebrities, then it becomes a different story. From experience, I've seen instances where the administrators and the moderators have to repeatedly intervene to cool off the heat because fanatical shippers are unable to separate fantasy from reality. It's a good thing that the couples - shippers paradise section now experiences peaceful days, but for how long?

One of the problems I have is that some newbies don't bother to read the rules at the K-Dramas & Movies sub-forum and make duplicate drama threads or separate discussion posts for dramas that already exist, leaving these 'extra' threads to take up space and to become buried many pages back where they sometimes get unnoticed by the moderators.

Please stop spamming.

I actually have an idea that I never mentioned, but I thought about it years ago. Why don't we have a section for education and have someone watch over those forums? That stuff is outdated and it would be nice to have homework help threads. No one here can help me with my homework anymore, but I think I can still help others. That and those pinned threads about people who can help when they aren't even here have been bothering me for years as well.

Guest minminsarang

Hope that someone can enlighten me on this...

I see that there are several new mods in Soompi Interest and Soompi Community subforum sections. But why are there no new mods for Soompi Entertainment? I'm sure with the amount of activity at Soompi Entertainment sections, there should be more than enough applications.

So are there no qualified applicants to mod Soompi Entertainment?

I'm only asking because it seems strange a little to me that there are no new mods for Soompi Entertainment when the amount of traffic is more than other sections which should need more mods.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm I look forward until applications are open again :) I do wish to have a shot at Artists, High School, Music (Non-Korean), Celebrities (Non-Korean) and Tv, Movies & Books (Non-Korean). I may be new but I'm not clueless when it comes to working with large forum communities :) but this entirely depends on the overall activity as well because most of these sections aren't as active as other parts of the sites. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived