Kim Go Eun ♥ 김고은 ♥ 金高銀 ♥ คิมโกอึน ♥ キムゴウン - Upcoming Drama 2024: Eun Jung and Sang Yeon

Lids

March 11, 2014
Kim Go-eun in new film 'Monster'
PYH2014031004890031500_P2.jpg

Actress Kim Go-eun poses for an interview at a Seoul studio on March 10, 2014, to promote the new film "Monster," a revenger thriller of a girl who seeks a serial killer who killed her younger sister. (Yonhap) (END)

• Like 2

March 13, 2014
LEE MIN KI & KIM GO EUN FOR ELLE
http://couch-kimchi.com/2014/03/13/marchs-leftover-zine-spreads-park-bo-young-kim-ji-won-for-vogue-girl-bae-doo-na-for-instyle-and-lee-min-ki-kim-go-eun-for-elle/
0001_zps81783ef7.jpg~original

• Like 4

South Korea's "Monster - Movie" is coming to N. American theater on March 14th

photo411024.jpg

South Korea's "Monster - Movie" is coming to N. American theater (Los Angeles, CGV Cinemas) on March 14th!

Synopsis
Bok-Soon (Kim Go-eun-I) runs a street stall while taking care of her younger sister. Bok-Soon may not be the brightest girl but what she lacks in intelligence, she makes up for in uncontrollable rage. She's infamously known as the "psycho richard simmons" in her neighborhood. Bok-Soon's relatively peaceful life with her sister is disrupted when they cross paths with a serial killer named Tae-Soo (Lee Min-ki). Tae-Soo kills Bok-Soon's sister because she may have stumbled upon the truth of his murderous lifestyle. Bok-Soon's rage consumes her completely, leading her to plot her revenge on Tae Soo. Meanwhile, Tae-Soo vows to tie up his only loose end-Bok-Soon. Bok-Soon's descent into revenge and electrifying struggle with Tae-Soo culminates in a riveting conclusion. Who will emerge alive-hot-blooded Bok-Soon or cold-hearted Tae-Soo?

Credit: Hancinema

• Like 2

March 14, 2014
3 Young Women Show Long-Missing Movie Star Material
Source: The ChosunIlbo
The struggle of Korean filmmakers to find actresses in their 20s who stand out from the bland crowd in the past two or three years seems to be over. Shim Eun-kyung (20), Kim Go-eun (23) and Ko Ah-sung (22) are rising stars with real potential.
"Miss Granny" starring Shim has attracted 8.46 million spectators as of Tuesday this week. "Monster" starring Kim and "Elegant Lies" starring Ko were also released on Thursday. The three impressed with a strong presence carrying their films without a leading man to assist them.
Just two out of the top 20 Korean box office hits last year had a star in her 20s -- "Snowpiercer" which featured Ko and "Cold Eyes" starring Han Hyo-joo. It was the same two years ago, with only "A Werewolf Boy" with Park Bo-young and “Masquerade” featuring Han in the top 20 list.
Instead, the screen was dominated by established actresses in their 30s or 40s such as Han Ga-in, Jeun Ji-hyun, Kim Hye-soo, Moon Jung-hee, and Uhm Jung-hwa.
2014031401737_0.jpg
Clockwise from the top, Shim Eun-kyung, Ko Ah-sung and Kim Go-eun Clockwise from the top, Shim Eun-kyung, Ko Ah-sung and Kim Go-eun
Kim Ho-sung of Realies Pictures said, "The main reason was that young women in their late teens and early 20s all wanted to be in girl bands rather than go into acting. You can take up acting if you have some success in pop music, but girls who do that usually lack the talent for a lead role."
But Shim, Kim and Ko have distinguished themselves with their portfolio. Rather than choosing pretty, vapid parts in romantic comedies or melodrama, they play relative strong characters in thrillers, action films and drama.
They also limit their appearance in commercials. About 10 years ago, top actresses in their 20s like Im Soo-jung, Jun, and Son Ye-jin went into advertising as soon as they had become famous enough on the silver screen and rarely looked back because the money was better.
One film director said, "Actresses in their 20s used to be very cautious so as not to damage their prospects in the advertisement market. They preferred to appear on variety or fashion shows rather than having to work hard making films."
Kim Go-eun said, "I never thought about my image or potential endorsement deals when choosing the next film project. What worries me is what impact my appearance in commercials would have on my roles."

• Like 5

class="entry-title" style="font-family: Oswald, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 22px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 28px; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 14px 0px 0px; padding: 19px 12px; direction: ltr; color: rgb(240, 173, 29); text-rendering: optimizelegibility;"[spot] Press Screening for “Monster” – Lee Min-Ki and Kim Go-Eun’s Transformation53.jpg
On March 6, the press release for <Monster> was held at the Lotte Cinema KonKuk University. Director Hwang In-Ho, Lee Min-Ki, and Kim Go-Eun appeared to discuss the movie.
The movie <Monster> is about a murderer Tae-Su (Lee Min-Ki) and the crazy woman Bok-Sun (Kim Go-Eun) who chases after him, having lost her only sister to him.
Regarding the movie, Lee Min-Ki said, “It was close to what I saw in the script. I wanted to see the clashing energy between Tae-Su and Bok-Sun, but I didn’t get to watch the movie until the end since I had to prepare for the press conference. I think it’s well-made.” Kim Go-Eun said, “It had unique comic elements, so I paid attention to them. I discussed with the director so that such elements don’t interrupt the flow of the movie.”
When asked why Tae-Su became a murderer, director Hwang In-Ho said, “I think Tae-Su was a monster form the beginning – like a monster living in the woods.”13.jpg
Lee Min-Ki transformed into a relentless murderer ‘Tae-Su’

Having played the murderer for the first time, Lee Min-Ki said, “Such character is like a test for me as well. I try to match the character’s daily behaviors as well, so I thought about how Tae-Su would spend his daily life. But at the actual shoot, I act freely without thinking.”
When asked about her charms, Kim Go-Eun could not answer – the director Hwan In-Ho said instead, “I think this is her charm.” When asked if she wanted to look pretty in the movie as an actress, she said, “I wanted Bok-Sun to look lovely in the movie. Personally, I can look pretty during the promotion. In the movie, I think making the character believable is more important.”
When asked what it would’ve been like if they were to meet in the melodrama, Lee Min-Ki said, “I’m sad to have met her in the thriller. It would’ve been better if it were to be a romance (laugh).” Kim Go-Eun said, “I’m also sad, but when could I fight him like this? (laugh) The last scenes were physically demanding, but it was nice to work with him.”
Lastly, director Hwang In-Ho said, “<Monster> is not a movie about the murderer and the victim, but rather about the ‘food chain.’ It would be nice to think about who the real monster is in the movie.”
<Monster> opens March 13.
22.jpg
Kim Go-Eun played ‘Bok-Sun’ who has the intellect of a 5-year-old.

33.jpg
While they are the main characters, they don’t have many scenes together

43.jpg Lee Min-Ki’s new side can be seen from the <Monster>

Written by Han Jihee, Photo by Ryuma Getitk.com

• Like 3

NYAFF 2013 Interview: Kim Go-eun, Star Of EUNGYO (A MUSE)
Diva Velez July 7 2013 TwitchFilm
Kim_go_eun-thumb-630xauto-39985.jpg
Plucked from relative obscurity to play the title character in Jung Ji-woo's adaptation of Eungyo (A Muse), the controversial and popular Koren novel by Park Bum-shin, Kim Go-eun is no doubt now a star in her native country winning nearly a dozen accolades for her role as the 17-year old muse of a 70 year old poet, including nods from the Bull Awards and the Korean Association of Film Critics. Kim sat down with Diva Velez this past week in New York to discuss her breakout role, her working relationship on set with Jung and what's next on her own creative horizon. [ed. Ben Umstead] 

Twitch: What has it been like for you to hear the NY audience's reaction to your work?

Kim Go-eun:  I was very thankful and I liked it a lot.

Can you tell us about how you got the role of Eungyo?

I had an audition.  I knew one of the set members in the film from school.

I think it is a very brave role for anyone to take, much less a beginner.  What did you think when you first read the script and saw how explicit it would be?

I was afraid.  It was very burdensome, but I felt like I wanted it.  The role of Eungyo is someone who has to lead throughout the movie.  She appears in every scene.  So I felt that I didn't want to embarrass the crew and it felt a bit burdensome because of that. {Laughs}

What was it like to tell your friends and family what they would be seeing onscreen?

I talked to my friends and family a lot before taking on the role.  It wasn't like, "Oh, you're going to be seeing this on the screen."  I had a lot of conversations with my parents, so they were ready. {Laughs}

If you had to describe Eungyo to someone, what would you say?

She's very pretty. {Laughs} But she doesn't know that she's pretty.

How did Director Jung Ji-woo make shooting the graphic scenes easier for you?

They used the least amount of crew members on board and the director didn't shout "Cut" all the time; "Oh, let me get it from this angle, let me get it from that angle."  We went for one take, so I was ready to act with the actor and go with the flow and the camera director was able to shoot it to make it more comfortable.

Was there a lot of rehearsal or reading time with Mr. Park Hae-il & Mr. Kim Mu-yeol?

We had about three readings.

Director Jung said some lovely things about you in our interview today...

{Kim laughs hysterically}

He said your personality informed the way we see Eungyo onscreen.  Was he open to your suggestions? Did you improvise at all?

All of his commands or suggestions, they weren't forceful.  He was able to fence me in a big field, so I was able to run around and do whatever I wanted to, but if I wanted to go over the fence, he stopped me a little bit.  But I wasn't very caged in where he gave me every single direction to every scene.

Did you read Mr. Park Bum-shin's original novel before filming?

A month before I did the shoot.  It was helpful.

Like a lot of girls her age, Eungyo's very flirtatious, especially when she is one-upping Seo Ji-woo.  Do you think she was aware of the feelings she brought about in these men, especially the older poet, Lee?

No, not at all.

As the film goes on, we can see the physical change in you as the person embodying the character and Director Jung has said he felt you matured a lot during the filming.  Did you notice or feel any change in yourself or understood things you didn't before?

We filmed for five months.  I felt like took a long nap and I came back.  I had to understand the emotions of a 60-year old, a 70-year old, a 30-year old, or even in the teenage years.  So I had to bring out all the emotions of myself to understand the feelings of people who were much older than I.

The film has been compared to Vladimir Nabokov's "Lolita". Have you read that novel or seen the films?

I saw the movie.

I read that you were drawn to filmmaking after watching Chen Kaige's "Together", has working with Director Jung brought back that interest?  Are you interested in writing or directing as well as acting?

I'm very introverted and shy even though I've become an actress.  I'm very shy.  When I first got to my high school, I didn't go there because I wanted to become an actress.  I was interested in the film industry.  So when I went there, I had to write a screenplay and I had to shoot a film.  But for now I don't want to think about anything else. {Laughs}

Has this experience whetted your appetite for more acting?

I'm very thankful for the film Eungyo because it made me long to become a better actress.

Since this success is so new, has there been anything surprising about transitioning from an unknown?

Now I have more opportunities to choose more films.  There are more films that are coming to me and I have more opportunities to see those.  But even if I walk down the street, no one recognises me.

Please tell us what is next for Kim Go-eun? 

I'm filming now.  We'll be done in the middle of July.  In September, I begin a new film.  

credit Twitchfilm

• Like 2

Source: The Korea Herald
Monster (Korea)
20140313001449_0.jpg
Opened March 13
Thriller. Directed by Hwang In-ho
Bok-soon (Kim Go-eun), a young woman who lives with her younger sibling, has a developmental disability. She almost becomes psychotic when her sister is murdered by ruthless killer Tae-soo (Lee Min-ki). With uncontrollable anger, madness and limited mental ability, Bok-soon plans revenge against the killer. 

• Like 2

March 16, 2014
Eun-gyo returns as a ‘Monster’Actress Kim Go-eun speaks about her latest film, her passion for acting
By Claire Lee The Korea Herald

Actress Kim Go-eun made an impressive breakthrough film debut back in 2012, with filmmaker Jung Ji-woo’s critically acclaimed sensual drama “Eungyo (A Muse).” The 22-year-old is best known by the name of her first-ever film character, Eungyo, a lively teenager who becomes the object of desire for a renowned elderly poet. 
Many expected her to continue her professional career after finishing “Eungyo” ― which received much attention for its subject matter and sexually explicit scenes ― and nabbing nine new actress awards for the role, including Blue Dragon and Grand Bell awards. Instead, she took a break and went back to Korea National University of Arts to finish her acting degree. After an almost two-year hiatus, Kim is returning to the big screen as a disabled woman who goes mad in the vicious thriller “Monster.”
“I was thinking, ‘Should I just do another film when I am receiving the most attention?’” said Kim in an interview with a small group of reporters on Friday. “And my conclusion was that I just couldn’t do it. So I just went back to school and participated in a play and made a short film. It was really great to work with my colleagues who are all so passionate about acting and cinema. I had a great six months, and I think I made the right decision.”
20140316000081_0.jpg
Actress Kim Go-eun before an interview in Seoul. (Yoon Byung-chan/The Korea Herald)
Dressed in a simple, striped sweater and blue jeans, the actress was noticeably wobbly on her high heels, saying she “doesn’t normally” wear them. She did not hide her impish, curious nature, randomly commenting on an iPad keyboard and recording device while talking about her movies. 
“Does this recorder work as a radio, too?” she asked out of the blue in the middle of the interview.
In her latest film ― her second ― Kim stars as Bok-soon, a young woman whose younger sibling was murdered by a ruthless killer named Tae-soo (Lee Min-ki). The grieving woman has a developmental disability, and almost becomes psychotic when she learns that her sister is dead. With uncontrollable anger, madness and in spite of her mental disability, she plans her revenge. 
“I thought Bok-soon was sort of, I don’t know, cute when I first read the script,” Kim said, when asked what drew her to “Monster” and her character. “She was like some cartoon character. She has this developmental disability, but she’s simple and kind, loves her sister and is almost uncannily responsible. She’s spent her entire life selling vegetables in a market, so she’s very tough, and determined too. I thought it was interesting how such a character becomes this monster as she goes through a series of unfortunate events. I also liked the idea of a female character fighting against a serial killer.”
Aside from “Monster,” Kim also starred in director Park Heung-sik’s martial arts film “Hyeopnyeo” ― which is scheduled to be released in the second half of this year. Both of the films were very physically demanding, with rigorous training and intense fight scenes. But Kim is no stranger to physicality. She took dance lessons when she was a teenager, which helped her understand “what it means to express (oneself) using one’s body.”
“But I don’t think I enjoyed dancing,” Kim said. “Dancing requires tremendous dedication and it can be quite painful. I think those who dance in spite of all that do it because it somehow makes them happy. But it didn’t make me happy. Even when I was told that I was good at it, I just thought, ‘Okay, since I’m good at it, shouldn’t I be allowed to go home now?’ But with acting, no matter how hard it is, it makes me happy. It was really hard pulling off these fight scenes. At some point, I thought I was going to die because I was so exhausted. But once the shooting is done, all of that doesn’t really matter. I want to continue doing this.”
Filmmaker Jung Ji-woo, who discovered Kim for his film “Eungyo,” told The Korea Herald in 2012 that Kim is “naturally curious and brave,” and that he thinks it has to do with her upbringing. “She spent 10 years of childhood in China and did not experience the fierce competition of the Korean education system. She’s strong in the sense that she isn’t influenced easily. She doesn’t do things just because everyone else does it.”
Kim said she was shocked to find out that in Korean schools, students take physical education classes indoors, when she first moved back to Korea from China as a middle school girl. 
“I was even more shocked to learn that there was a textbook for physical education classes that you had to read,” she said. “My life in China was eventful. My family lived in the outskirts of Beijing, where you wouldn’t run into a lot of Koreans. I guess my way of thinking can be seen as somewhat peculiar, and maybe it has to do with my upbringing. I’m not sure. Whenever reporters said, ‘You must be feeling a lot of pressure as an emerging actress,’ I told them, ‘Not really. I get nothing good out of it.’ That was an honest answer and they were surprised. And now I feel like I should say I feel pressure not to look too weird.”
Kim decided to become an actress after participating in a small play while attending high school. It was a small role, without many lines, but playing the character enabled her to get a response from a live audience for the first time. 
“I am happy because I get to do what I love to do, what I always wanted to do,” she said. “But being an actress isn’t just about acting. You have to meet people, talk to people, and a lot of the times, it’s about being a team member. And I don’t think I necessarily knew about that. So I’ve been getting used to the non-acting work that I have to do (as an actress).”

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Variety_zpsab63cb21.jpg

March 24, 2014
South Korean 'major' Lotte brings heavyweight lineup to HK market
by Nemo Kim Variety
20140325_lotte.jpg

SEOUL — Lotte Entertainment may be South Korea’s number two film company, but it hates to be overshadowed by market leader CJ Entertainment.
The company has no lack of ambition or resources. It is part of a huge conglomerate that ranges from department stores and home shopping, through to international cinema management, film finance and production. Global singing sensation, Psy brought his “Gangnam Style” performance to Lotte’s 2012 Busan party – in the company’s own five star hotel!
With its 2014 FilMart slate, Lotte hopes to justify its billing as a major force in international film sales.
Its line-up at the Hong Kong event is headed by “The Fatal Encounter,” a period epic directed by Lee Jae-kyoo, a star TV drama producer (“The King 2 Hearts,” “Beethoven Virus”) and starring Hyun Bin. “Encounter” is Lee’s first feature as director, but given the Asia-wide popularity of Korean TV series, Lotte is counting on his TV track record to deliver audiences and rights sales inside Korea and out.
Lotte is also pitching another period epic in “Memories of the Sword,” with superstar Lee Byung-hun (“Masquerade,” “G.I. Joe”) and top actress Jeon Do-yeon (“Untold Scandal,” “The Housemaid”.) Directed by Park Heung-shik, who worked with Jeon in 1998 in “The Harmonium of My Memory”, the star-studded cast as well as the unusual setting of Goryeo Period, rather than the more familiar Choseon dynasty, has stirred interest in Korea.
The casting of Kim Go-eun of “The Muse” is an interesting counterpoint to the two more established talents. Kim also stars in “Monster,” a thriller that is also in the company’s FilMart lineup.
With both “Encounter” and “Sword” in post-production, buyers will have to be content with promo screenings at FilMart.
“We have not achieved our desired results lately, but we are confident that these large-scale period epics, with their star casts and talented directors, will turn things around,” said Eun-hye Byeon, senior manager of international sales at Lotte. “Our line-ups were rather limited in terms of genre up until now, but we have a much broader range on offer in Hong Kong. We expect this year’s FilMart to be the setting for a relaunch of Lotte.”
Around the corner, Lotte has two more expected blockbusters. “Pirates,” a period epic set during the Choseon dynasty and directed by Lee Seok-hoon, has particular resonance in Hong Kong this week – its star Kim Nam-gil, was named as rising star talent by the Asian Film Awards Academy on Sunday. The pic will get a promo screening at Cannes.
And in the second half of the year Lotte will debut “Tazza 2,” its long-awaited sequel to 2006 hit gangster action movie “Tazza: The High Rollers.”

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

April 7, 2014
Big Presence for Korean Cinema at HK FilMartKOFIC and More Out in Front at Asia’s Leading Film Market

by Pierce Conran KOFIC
 SlcrJKIRdIVaygIoLdIU.jpg
Taking place over March 24th to 27th, the Hong Kong International Film & Television Market (FilMart) was once again buzzing with the latest Asian tentpoles as sellers, buyers and agencies littered the market floor. Taking place along with the Hong Kong Asian Film Financing Forum (HAF) and held concurrently with the Asian Film Awards (AFAs) and the Hong Kong International Film Festival (HKIFF), HK FilMart is a large, annual event that features many visitors from all sectors of the film field. Led by the Korean Film Council (KOFIC), Korean cinema, as usual, had a large presence at the event, with umpteen companies representing the country and some particularly visible projects catching buyers’ eyes. As in previous years, KOFIC operated an umbrella stand near the center of the market floor, allowing for various visual effects companies, festivals, project markets and film commissions to have a presence at the market. Among the prominent VFX companies under the KOFIC stand this year were Dexter Studios, which had an animatronic gorilla head from last year’s Mr. Go for visitors to play with, and Macrograph. KOFIC’s PARK Jin-hae, the Manager for Festival and Markets (Asia & North America), mentioned that six more Korean companies were present at FilMart this year. Though fielding a great deal of questions relating to all aspects of the Korean film industry, PARK revealed that “one of the major questions I was asked this year was about our location incentive program.” Seoul is currently being used as a major filming location in the upcoming blockbuster Avengers: Age of Ultron, a project which availed of KOFIC’s incentive. However, a lot of questions she received were also inquiries about the major Korean sales companies, which PARK explained “were so busy this year they would barely have time to get lunch.” Major sellers included CJ Entertainment, Showbox/Mediaplex, Finecut Inc., and Lotte Entertainment. One of the most popular Korean booths this year was Finecut Inc., which boasted an impressive lineup that encompassed both lauded arthouse films such as YEON Sangho’s The Fake and LEE Su-jin’s Han Gong-ju and enticing commercial fare such as Sea Fog, which is being produced by Bong Joon Ho. Along with The Attorney, LEESONG Hee-il’s Night Flight, which screened at the Hong Kong International Film Festival, Red Family and KIM Ki-duk’s Meobius, all these films announced sales just ahead of FilMart. Manning one of the biggest stands this year was Lotte Entertainment, which, in addition to its recent films Plan Man, Hot Young Bloods, Venus Talk and Monster, featured their upcoming period film The Fatal Encounter front and center. Buyers were given the opportunity to view a 20-minute promotional reel of the HYUN Bin-starring drama. Lotte also featured upcoming period action film Pirates, the late year period epic Memories of the Sword, JANG Jin’s comeback High Heels and the grifter sequel Tazza 2 on its sales slate for the rest of the year. As usual, Showbox/Mediaplex operated a busy booth as they delighted buyers with an extended clip/trailer of their upcoming period action film Kundo: The Age of the Rampant, which stars HA Jung-woo and GANG Dong-won. The outfit also drummed up some interest in their upcoming thriller A Hard Day, due out next month. The Divine Move, an upcoming gambling drama starring JUNG Woo-sung, was also on show. CJ Entertainment may not have drawn quite the same interest it did when its stand was shopping Snowpiercer last year, but it nevertheless drew plenty of attention for its wide slate of films, which includes next month’s The Target, their current drama Thread of Lies and their summer tentpole Roaring Currents, a period naval warfare drama with CHOI Min-sik from director KIM Han-min. Other companies present at FilMart with interesting projects included M-Line, which is handling international sales on the North Korean refugee drama Apostle, which was recently screened at the United Nations, and the upcoming Mourning Grave, a summer horror release that will mark the feature length debut of OH In-chun, a promising genre short filmmaker. United Pictures, a joint venture between BK Pictures, Opus Pictures and Zip Cinema, manned a booth and put forth their upcoming genre titles Big Match, starring LEE Jung-jae and SHIN Ha-gyun, and the thriller For the Emperor with LEE Min-ki. Serving as the unofficial end of this year’s HK FilMart was the ceremony for the 8th Asian Film Awards (AFAs), which were held in nearby Macao. Numerous Korean films were nominated at the event, including Snowpiercer, which was recognized in the Best Film, Director, Screenplay, Production Design and Costume Design categories. Also heavily nominated were The Attorney, which had contenders in three acting categories (Best Actor, SONG Kang-ho; Best Newcomer, IM Si-wan; Best Supporting Actress, KIM Young-ae), and Cold Eyes, which was nominated for Best Actress (HAN Hyo-joo), Best Supporting Actor (JUNG Woo-sung) and in technical fields such as Best Cinematography and Best Editor. At the awards themselves, SHIN Min-kyung earned an award for Best Editing for her work on Cold Eyes while JUNG Sung-in picked up the Best Visual Effects prize for Mr. Go. Along with the nominees, many Korean film figures were present at the awards, including JEON Do-yeon, star of Secret Sunshine (2007) and Way Back Home, who served as Korea’s ambassador at the AFAs, and LEE Yong-kwan, the director of the Busan International Film Festival, who was part of the jury panel and organizing committee. In addition to all the activities at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center (HKCEC), where FilMart took place, Korean films were also prominent on the lineup for the 38th HKIFF, which took place across the bay in Kowloon. Night Flight and LEE Yong-seung’s 10 Minutes were among the new features on display, while Bong Joon Ho’s Mother (2009) was screened in a newly released black and white cut. Two new shorts from directors KANG Je-gyu and JUNG Woo-sung also appeared in the HKIFF commissioned omnibuses Beautiful 2014 and Three Charmed Lives, respectively. By Pierce Conran

• Like 2

An interview with Kim Go-eun and Lee Min-ki, lead actors of the film "Monster"

Caption: I'm feeling Some Some something Some

Reporter: I'm feeling some 'something' right now.

Caption: They liked each other since before working together?

Reporter: I heard you liked each other since before working together...

Reporter: Is my information correct?

Caption: Nod, nod

Lee Min-ki: When I heard Go-eun would be in it, I was so happy.

Caption: When I heard Go-eun would be in [the same movie], I was extremely happy.

Lee Min-ki: I was so happy I was like an idiot.

Caption: I was so happy I was like an idiot

Kim Go-eun: Granddad, I brought a cake.

Caption: Granddad, I brought a cake.

Reporter: Eun-gyo's innocence is boundless

Caption: Such an innocent girl...

Kim Go-eun: Lady, cucumbers are 5,000 Won!

Caption: Lady, cucumbers are 5,000 Won!

Reporter: Kim Go-eun transforms into Bong-soon, an illiterate street vendor.

Caption: Flying like a basketball player

Reporter: These aren't the only surprised people.

Caption: A dunk shot with a radish!

Lee Min-ki: I'd have preferred it if we'd done a mellow film together...

Caption: I'd have preferred it if we'd done a mellow film together...

Reporter: He dreamed of a sweet romance, but Min-ki was disappointed at the reality.

Caption: He dreamed of a sweet romance,

Reporter: The two meet in a twist of fate, in a terrifying thriller.

Caption: Reality had a surprise for them

Reporter: Let's find out now what incredible events happened between them.

Caption: The two lead actors of the thriller film "Monster"

Caption: Dizzying Interview

Reporter: This time, the youthful stars

of the malicious thriller film "Monster", Lee Min-ki and Kim Go-eun are with me. Hello. Wow

Caption: Dizzying Interview / Kim Go-eun, Lee Min-ki / Monster

Caption: Cho Choong-hyun / Kim Go-eun / Lee Min-ki

Kim Go-eun: Hello.

Lee Min-ki: Hello.

Reporter: Amazing youthful stars. You're glowing with youth.

Kim Go-eun: In Monster, I am Bok-soon, who lives with her younger sister.

Caption: In Monster, I am Bok-soon, who lives with her younger sister.

Kim Go-eun: An incident makes her lose her sister, and she is chasing the person responsible.

Caption: An incident makes her lose her sister, and she is chasing the person responsible.

Lee Min-ki: My role is the person who caused her sister to die.

Caption: My role is the criminal (Tae-soo) who caused her sister to die

Kim Go-eun: He was very kind.

Caption: He was very kind.

Reporter: Your beauty is even kinder.

Lee Min-ki: We both end up chasing each other.

Caption: It's a role of mutually chasing and being chased

Reporter: Min-ki, you've done lots of rom-coms, Rollercoaster...

Caption: He's done lots of romantic comedies, so how was it to play a murderer in a thriller?

Lee Min-ki: Yes.

Reporter: You did lots of that, but now a thriller's murderer.

Lee Min-ki: Of course, I'd have preferred to do a mellow film with Go-eun.

Caption: Of course, I'd have preferred to do a mellow film with Go-eun.

Lee Min-ki: And I still hope I could do that.

Caption: And I still hope I could do that.

Reporter: Shall we look into the film now?

Caption: Let me ask you for one thing.

Actor: A woman said she'd give me her phone, but didn't.

Caption: A woman said she'd give me her phone, but didn't.

Actor: I think she recorded something secretly and will use it to extort money.

Caption: I think she recorded something secretly and will use it to extort money

Actor: Could you get it for me?

Caption: Could you get it for me?

Lee Min-ki: Struck off the family register, phone number changed, moved away.

Caption: Struck off the family register, phone number changed, moved away.

Reporter: Tae-soo receives a request from his brother.

Lee Min-ki: You turn up after 4 years 7 months, what are you doing?

Caption: You turn up after 4 years 7 months, what are you doing?

Caption: Could you shut up!

Reporter: Maybe because of his estranged brother,

Reporter: Tae-soo seems in a foul humor.

Actor: Please calm down.

Caption: Please calm down.

Actor: Sir, it was a joke!

Reporter: He accepts his brother's request.

Lee Min-ki: I'm here for the phone.

Caption: I'm here for the phone.

Woman: Let go!

Caption: Let go!

Lee Min-ki: If you close this door, you die.

Caption: If you close this door, you die.

Reporter: Be bursts in during broad daylight.

Reporter: The girl's younger sister senses a dangerous presence in the house.

Reporter: Or is it something else?

Reporter: He is interrupted as he is about to leave after doing his deed.

The child becomes his captive after he kills her sister.

Lee Min-ki: From now, you run; until I finish drinking this wine.

Caption: From now, you run; until I finish drinking this wine.

Reporter: From that moment, she starts running.

Kim Go-eun: Chives, 1,000 Won, geen onions 1,000 Won.

Kim Go-eun: Chives, 1,000 Won, geen onions 1,000 Won.

Caption: Chives, 1,000 Won, geen onions 1,000 Won.

Kim Go-eun: You're pissing me off!

Reporter: She's not well-educated, but Bok-soon supports her little sister.

Kim Go-eun: Lady, move!

Caption: Lady, move!

Reporter: She chases off a wrecking crea.

Kim Go-eun: Hey, you!

Woman: Ow, ow, ow.

Caption: Ow, ow

Reporter: She celebrates a safe homecoming.

Kim Go-eun: Eun-jung, I love you.

Caption: Eun-jung, I love you.

Reporter: But in this house, there is a small hidden visitor.

Reporter: And the next day...

Reporter: Tae-soo, chasing the young child, kidnaps Bok-soon's younger sister.

Reporter: To save her sister, Bok-soon chases him with no regard for herself,

Reporter: but when she confronts the fearless killer, how will she fare?

Reporter: Min-ki, I heard you had to lose a lot of weight for the role.

Caption: He had to lose weight for playing the role?

Lee Min-ki: I'm already thin, how could I lose more weight?

Caption: (People said) I'm already thin, how could I lose more weight?

Lee Min-ki: Overall, I think I gained and lost about 17kg.

Caption: Gained and lost 17kg

Reporter: Did you feel pressure about the unclothed scenes?

Caption: Were the unclothed scenes a burden?

Lee Min-ki: To show this character properly,

Caption: To show this character properly,

Lee Min-ki: I think it was something that was needed.

Caption: I think it was needed, so it wasn't a burden

Reporter: Go-eun, how was it? Did you see it together?

Caption: Go-eun, how was it? Did you see Min-ki's body?

Caption: A glance / No, I...

Kim Go-eun: No, I...

Reporter: So you didn't see it.

Caption: So you didn't see it.

Reporter: You don't seem very interested.

Kim Go-eun: I should have seen it.

Caption: I should have seen it!

Reporter: Lee Min-ki is a cool guy, who will expose himself for his role.

Caption: Lee Min-ki is a cool actor, who will expose himself for his role.

Woman: Do you even know how I hurt, and how difficult it is?

Lee Min-ki: Please let go of me now.

Reporter: No way!

Reporter: He prepared his body for the exposed scenes.

Caption: Whatever type of film of role, Lee Min-ki is an expert as exposing himself

Kim Go-eun: Lady, move!

Reporter: Miss Go-eun learned powerful flying kicks to transform herself into an action actress.

Caption: Kim Go-eun transforms into an action actress

Kim Go-eun: This is my spot, Park Bok-soon's spot!

Caption: This is my spot, Park Bok-soon's spot!

Reporter: Through this film's unending action, she also learned how to fall safely.

Reporter: Here is the best technique she learned from action school:

Caption: In the film Monstar: Powerful attacks, flying kicks, falling

Caption: Kim Go-eun doesn't hold back on the action

Reporter: Down-strike with a whole radish!

Reporter: There's a scene where you attack with a whole radish.

Caption: This scene has a secret

Kim Go-eun: Yes.

Reporter: How did you manage to get it to burst like that?

Caption: How did the radish shatter?

Kim Go-eun: There was a radish that had its insides already cut up, but it would still hurt a lot.

Reporter: Yes.

Caption: The insides were already cut up, but being hit with it would still hurt a lot.

Reporter: And then you hit him with this big rock.

Caption: Hitting Min-ki with a large rock.

Lee Min-ki: It was made from styrofoam.

Reporter: Ah.

Caption: It was styrofoam

Kim Go-eun: But that still hurt him.

Caption: But it still hurt him.

Reporter: Ah, really?

Kim Go-eun: Yes, when I hit hard it hurt; why wouldn't it?

Caption: When you hit hard, why wouldn't it hurt?

Caption: Argh! / Argh! / Argh!

Reporter: The problem scene!

Caption: Thump! / Thump

Reporter: Ooh!

Reporter: It's only acting, but she still feels regret.

Caption: It didn't look quite right

Lee Min-ki: It seems the hit was a bit off-target.

Caption: It seems it was off-target / Sorry / Sorry

Reporter: Min-ki stays calm, but that must have hurt.

Caption: It hurts, right?

Caption: I'm fine

Kim Go-eun: I'm sorry to a lot of people.

Caption: I'm sorry to a lot of people

Reporter: You can apologize to them now.

Kim Go-eun: I'm so sorry to you all!

Reporter: Won't you all forgive her?

Reporter: In order to avenge her sister, Bok-soon

Caption: Bok-soon chases the murderer to avenge her sister

Reporter: charges toward Tae-soo's hideout.

Child: Sister!

Caption: Sister!

Reporter: Her plan is discovered by the wicked Tae-soo. The child is once again being chased by Tae-soo.

Reporter: She thinks she has escaped, but

Reporter: the child is discovered and is in trouble again.

Caption: Not knowing how to give up, two monsters' chasing war

Reporter: Now the big sister's rage knows no bounds.

Reporter: The beastly murderer chases her down.

Caption: Monster, showing an entirely new face of these two actors.

Reporter: Lee Min-ki, so completely transformed into a cold murdered with terrifying eyes.

Reporter: I thought it wouldn't suit you, but you really play it well.

Caption: I thought it wouldn't suit you, but you play it well.

Reporter: How's your personality usually?

Caption: How's your personality usually?

Reporter: Yes.

Kim Go-eun: He's a bit brighter than Tae-soo.

Caption: He's a bit brighter than Tae-soo.

Reporter: A bit brighter.

Lee Min-ki: A little.

Caption: A little.

Kim Go-eun: You're not always positive.

Caption: You're not always positive.

Reporter: Do you admit it?

Lee Min-ki: Yes, that's right.

Caption: Yes, that's right. (Accepting)

Reporter: Have you imagined what kind of role you might get next?

Caption: What would you like to do next?

Kim Go-eun: Something more normal and maybe a love story.

Caption: Something more normal and maybe a love story.

Lee Min-ki: That would probably suit her.

Caption: That would probably suit her.

Reporter: Lee Min-ki's alright, isn't he? As a co-star, later on.

Caption: Lee Min-ki would be an alright co-star, wouldn't he?

Caption: For a romance film next...

Lee Min-ki: Dear viewers, thank you for watching today.

Caption: Dear viewers, thank you for watching today.

Lee Min-ki: Please enjoy our new film, Monster.

Caption: Please enjoy our new film, Monster.

Kim Go-eun: We hope you enjoy it.

Reporter: We're grateful you could join us today. Do well!

credit KOFICE + Wonbin Kahlua

Let's pray for all the passengers/crew/staff/rescuers/survivors and the family (of the people on board) of SEWOL...

• Like 2

Thanks to the fan highlight at LBH DC <3

memories_of_the_sword.jpgComment at LBH DC (thanks to mistymorning for the translation)
- story is well-woven- no character without story and just watching their relationship bloom would be the major fun - sword fighting will be good, fitting for the best sword man/woman of the age- production cost is 100 billion won (USD10 million)

• Like 2