Kim Go Eun ♥ 김고은 ♥ 金高銀 ♥ คิมโกอึน ♥ キムゴウン - Upcoming Drama 2024: Eun Jung and Sang Yeon

Lids

Arjenias,

How you installed the Choeaedol Celeb app and IDOL CHAMP app yet? Kim Go Eun is in the running for Popularity Award in AAA Awards (voting via Choeaedol Celeb app) and APAN Actress Popularity Award (via IDOL CHAMP app).

On Sunday (Oct 25), Ggone finally ranked 1st on the AAA Awards! :highonflowers: 

We need more votes so I hope those who still haven't install the Choeaedol Celeb app, follow the installation guide below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGmmi4Jphg-/?igshid=1kench9wf12rj

Make sure to give your recommender (referral) points to your friends.

For more tips and tricks, DM @/itssoggone on Twitter:

For IDOL CHAMP app installation guide: https://www.instagram.com/p/CG14OWTJg27/

Edited by cpjing8
add more info
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

I didn't even know this thread existed. Why didn't it come up in the search????!!!!!!!

Anyway better late than never.

We are almost there guys. Already 4.7M views. I am waiting for the duet from KGE and KJH.

If you haven't watched UNTACT here is the YouTube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG-2H-Ahh28&feature=youtu.be

One of my fav scene from Untact. The way their expression and voice changes from sad to happy and back to sad again reminiscing about their lost love is beyond words and so brilliantly portrayed by both KGE and KJH.

I felt like through that song he was really asking her to come with him and he took that cup with him when he went abroad and brought back with him. that must have been a gift from her considering the fact that she knows pottery and its a personalized one. Its like he took a piece of her with him and kept it close. I admit the farewell over a text was really horrible but may be he did it 'cos he wouldn't have been able to leave otherwise. Neither of them wanted to break up. She also waited for him and he too wanted to come back to her. 

• Like 3

I wonder if she’ll take a break or come back with another movie.  I love her in movies but with the theatres not operating at full capacity, that makes it hard to have box office hits.  I hope for another series then...with a fashionable but just as strong woman image. They make her wear frumpy clothes so much it’s really annoying and why a lot of people judge her appearance so much. She is stunning to pull those off but still...

• Like 3

@YoyoyoShe did Goblin right after CITT but after Goblin she did 3 movies, Sunset in my hometown, TIFL and Hero before doing TKEM. So I guess it will depend on the project she's been offered to. If its a Netflix original kinda movie then we don't have to worry about about box-office success and it will be good with her current global popularity. For me I prefer a movie, 'cos that will let her choose her roles which has more range and don't have to worry about pleasing fans.

4 hours ago, Yoyoyo said:

I hope for another series then...with a fashionable but just as strong woman image. They make her wear frumpy clothes so much it’s really annoying and why a lot of people judge her appearance so much. She is stunning to pull those off but still...

For me I fell in love with KGE watching Goblin. I always thought of her as beautiful and never worried about her outfits but rather concentrated on her roles, acting and story plot. I just started my k-drama obsession during this pandemic and  I didn't have any idea how the K-drama fandom worked . Only after TKEM I found out that fans care more about the clothes and appearance of the actress than actual acting aspect of it. FLs with high fashion clothes and who always looked dolled up got more fans than the ones who actually worked hard for their craft. So k-drama world is like a fashion runway. 

But still there are people like me and you  who is more interested in the plot and char than the clothes. The outfits of her in TKEM were frustrating though, I understand her char was one with no fashion sense and had a tomboy image. But the amount of layers and layers of at least 2 size large mismatched clothes were really over the top even for such char image. One consolation though she would have been warm enough during those cold months of outdoor shooting:loolz:

Did she change her stylist after Goblin? She looks more conservative in her TKEM presscon and swoon games appearance than she did during CITT and Goblin.

I do hope she gets to play a sophisticated more feminine role in a drama but with a good story and good char development. 

I liked her look during CITT with red wavy hair and want her to spot it again. Doesn't she look amazingly pretty here?

Kim-Go-Eun02-1200.jpg

5e6a243048e64e63adeb640f8a5c629d.jpeg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ms.sunshine said:

Did she change her stylist after Goblin? She looks more conservative in her TKEM presscon and swoon games appearance than she did during CITT and Goblin.

totally agree with you on the talent v fashion/ looks opinion but they really drag her down with the dowdy oversized look.  Her acting still shines through but I’m sure they can at least make the looks avg like in CITT and Goblin.  I binged watched all of her work after watching these 2 dramas this year since her acting was SO good.  If she had the fashion/ lovey dovey roles like other actresses, she’d kill the competition. Appearance does matter a lot for Korean audience so the dowdy avg fashion doesn’t appeal to them, esp when they pair her with LMH in the best cut suits etc. it was really a disservice to her character to be so dowdy.  I really enjoy that she chooses challenging projects and not the chaebol in distress ones though. I’ve said it in a prior post but her and Kim Soohyun or Jo InSung would be so well matched in acting. My dream female trio for talent is Kim Hyesoo, Kim Sunah and Kim Goeun. That would be an awesome female led movie or drama. 

I do think she went more conservative in her dress but she really wow’d at all award shows with the long backless dresses. Totally suits her elegance.  

• Like 2

This cover of 'Never again' by KGE is by far my fav, I love it even more than the original

Spoiler

This one is another gem by KGE. I absolutely love how shy she gets whenever she has to sing in front of people. :fullofhearts:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Yoyoyo said:

If she had the fashion/ lovey dovey roles like other actresses, she’d kill the competition. Appearance does matter a lot for Korean audience so the dowdy avg fashion doesn’t appeal to them, esp when they pair her with LMH in the best cut suits etc. it was really a disservice to her character to be so dowdy.  I really enjoy that she chooses challenging projects and not the chaebol in distress ones though. I’ve said it in a prior post but her and Kim Soohyun or Jo InSung would be so well matched in acting. My dream female trio for talent is Kim Hyesoo, Kim Sunah and Kim Goeun. That would be an awesome female led movie or drama. 

I do think she went more conservative in her dress but she really wow’d at all award shows with the long backless dresses. Totally suits her elegance.  

I too binge watched all her movies/dramas after seeing Goblin.

I am currently watching a show in which the FL is a police detective, couldn't help but compare her with JTE. FL is a really good actress and no high fashion clothes and such, but she was spotting well fitted suits/blazers and I was wondering why couldn't they have taken the same approach with JTE's char. Even then KGE looks so good in those baggy clothes that's another thing. Her stylists must have been like,' oh god she still looks good, put more mismatched layers on her'. I mean look at her 4efa914899e04622a5a4b55b49a2d94c.jpeg?s=

But others have a hard time getting past her outfits and seeing her for what she is and how good her craft is.

Jo in sung, GY and HB are my fav who I want her to work with. KSH is a really good actor too.

I do hope we get to see her in the SBS awards and she will bag the best actress award. I really want her to get all the recognition/awards that she deserves. Want to see her again in a backless gown Spongebob Movie GIF by The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge On The Run

She should have won best actress for Goblin. I really don't understand why they didn't giver her.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ms.sunshine said:

Jo in sung, GY and HB are my fav who I want her to work with. KSH is a really good actor too.

She should have won best actress for Goblin. I really don't understand why they didn't giver her.

Totally would love to see her with GY again or HB in an emotional movie and with JIS or KSH in a drama.  The perfection in Goblin casting won’t ever be repeated...I could watch any ep or recap over again and never get sick of it.  I agree with the award for Goblin; if that isn’t a best actress performance with range, I don’t know what is.  I liked the other drama that won best actress but it was a typical love dramedy so I didn’t get how it beat KGE’s performance in Goblin.   TIFL was really good too; not too over the top dramatic but a simple love story with great acting and chemistry.  They would be good in a drama too.  

5 hours ago, Yoyoyo said:

The perfection in Goblin casting won’t ever be repeated...I could watch any ep or recap over again and never get sick of it.  I agree with the award for Goblin; if that isn’t a best actress performance with range, I don’t know what is.  I liked the other drama that won best actress but it was a typical love dramedy so I didn’t get how it beat KGE’s performance in Goblin.   TIFL was really good too; not too over the top dramatic but a simple love story with great acting and chemistry.  They would be good in a drama too.  

I couldn't even sit through half an hour of that series, not my cup of tea. 

Goblin is just superior, there's no comparison. It is a classic and will remain relevant even after 20 years. KGE and GY were so brilliant together. It was heart wrenching and hilarious at the same time, one min you r laughing your b*tt off, the next you're crying buckets. Whenever am in between shows, I end up watching You tube clips of Goblin. I had high expectation from TKEM 'cos of it was a KGE*KES reunion project. They should have kept the same director and dialogue writer as Goblin. Still, I like TKEM, but it could've been so much better. It had so much potential. 

She has amazing chemistry with all her co-stars and the fact that she's able to keep in touch/be friends with all of them even after the show is truly amazing and admirable, especially while being the entertainment industry.

She looked so pretty during TIFL promotions and in the film. I absolutely loved how she looked in the last scene of TIFL, her flushed face 'cos of running, the joy of seeing him again and being so proud of his achievements, she looked so beautiful with her shy laugh

1 hour ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

AWWW!!!! Baby girl looks so cute and happyaww GIF

@nina_mitrokhina 5misninathank you for posting, but talk to us too :)

On 9/2/2020 at 1:17 AM, Prerna said:

Hello ladies I have been lurking here for some time but I think now i am a Going to come full on for my gal coz she rocks hope u guys will bear with me for my love and admiration for our gal....

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bs5jou93wigz7zjg1m8

@Prernawhere did you disappear to? 

@Lidsthank you for keeping this thread alive.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2020 at 1:48 PM, Ms.sunshine said:

4efa914899e04622a5a4b55b49a2d94c.jpeg?s=

This picture though...ethereal.  Such a beautiful photo and the skin is flawless.  It made me buy the Kahi products, which I liked for the most part.  She has true beauty without makeup and no surgery (not that I think anything is wrong with that) that’s rare to come across in Kwomen these days.  I would say she’s the epitome of true Korean beauty.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

Sorry to rarely post conversational posts. For some time there were no visitors on this page and I had no one to talk to. I am very glad that the wonderful, sweet, charming and talented actress Kim Go Eun has a loyal and loving fan base!

@nina_mitrokhina 5misninaNo worries, nina. Thank you for posting and supporting this thread. I do understand. 'cos of you and @YoyoyoI don't feel like I am talking to myself here. :approves:KGE has lots of loyal and sweet fans who supports her in every venture she takes. They must be busy with all the voting and polls/ just with their busy lives. I do hope whenever they get time, they will spend a few mins here supporting her in this thread too...

@YoyoyoShe's the real Korean beauty, very true to her heritage. Most of the heroines nowadays looks like western copycats and its very hard to set them apart. But people have hard time seeing beauty which is not defined by the set standards. I wish they open their biased eyes and see her and appreciate her crafts. I value every actor/actress who can become their char and for me that's the true talent and it surpasses the 'looks/visuals' an actor/actress has. 

Meanwhile lets enjoy and stream UNTACT and wait for the duet of KGE&KJH

• Like 1