Kim Go Eun ♥ 김고은 ♥ 金高銀 ♥ คิมโกอึน ♥ キムゴウン - Upcoming Drama 2024: Eun Jung and Sang Yeon

Lids

Movies are possible. I hope they will film one day

Because they are all big names in cinema. They attended the birthday of sunbae Youn Yuh Jung. They look very lovely.

But if it's a TV drama it's something huge. Imagine the jealousy that knet has for Go Eun ... then the bla bla comments ... :D:D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ana2345 said:

Movies are possible. I hope they will film one day

Because they are all big names in cinema. They attended the birthday of sunbae Youn Yuh Jung. They look very lovely.

But if it's a TV drama it's something huge. Imagine the jealousy that knet has for Go Eun ... then the bla bla comments ... :D:D

i’m sorry, but who did attend the birthday you mean? Go eun and? So many great actors name have been dropped here, i lost count.. hahahahahha.. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ana2345 said:

In Youn Yuh Jung's birthday, I remember having Jung Yu Mi, Jeon Do-yeon, Kim Hye Soo.,....others.

Was  Ggone there as well?? 

i remember reading somewhere that when Jeon Do Yeon and Kim Hye Soo knew Ggone would act with Youn Yuh Jung in Canola, they both contacted her and asked her to take care of Ggone during the filming.. oh my heart.. what a great seniors and elder sisters they are to our Ggone.. :heart3:

• Like 2

there is no new information here.. but it's published during TKEM, so quite a recent one.. 

https://zula.sg/kim-go-eun/ 

20 Kim Go Eun Facts Including Her Family, Dating Life & The King: Eternal Monarch News

May 06, 2020

kim go eun (3)

Kim Go Eun Facts And News

Most Singaporeans will recognise Kim Go Eun from the K-drama, Guardian: The Lonely and Great God aka Goblin. Now that she’s back in the spotlight on The King: Eternal Monarch, here are 20 facts you should know about the actress. 

1. Was named Kim Go Eun because her father wanted her to grow up pretty

Kim Go Eun was born on 2 July 1991 in Seoul, South Korea.

kim go eun (8)

Source

The actress shared a hilarious story about her name on the Korean variety show, Happy Together. 

Apparently, when Kim Go Eun was born, the nurse-in-charge was slightly taken aback after seeing her face, which caused her father to expect a beautiful baby. However, after seeing his newborn daughter’s face for the first time, her father recounted that she “didn’t look as pretty as he had imagined.”

With hopes of having his daughter growing up into a beautiful woman, he named her Kim Go Eun (김고은) which, in Korean, alludes to being pretty and beautiful.

2. Lived in China for 10 years

Kim Go Eun’s family moved to China when she was 3 years old (4, according to her Korean age), and lived in a place an hour and 30 minutes away from Beijing.

kim go eun (5)

Kim Go Eun on-stage with Gordon Lam at the 7th Asian Film Awards
Source

She spent a total of 10 years in China before moving back to Korea, which explains why she was able to speak fluent Mandarin while presenting the Best Visual Effects award at the 7th Asian Film Awards in 2013.

3. Was very close to her grandmother 

kim go eun (4)Source

Kim Go Eun lived with her grandma even during adulthood. Her grandma passed away in 2019, and we’re sure the actress still misses her dearly.

kim go eun (14)

Kim Go Eun with Youn Yuh Jung (left) and Choi Min Ho (right)
Source

Kim Go Eun mentioned that her grandma was a little jealous of actress Youn Yuh Jung when she played Kim Go Eun’s grandmother in the film Canola (2016), which is simply adorable and also illustrates their close relationship. 

rest under spoiler 

Spoiler

4. Is super attached to her nephews

nephewSource

Apart from acting and travelling around the world attending fashion shows and music festivals, the actress is also a loving aunt to her nephews.

kim-go-eun-(10)Source

Her Instagram feed is plastered with images of the mischievous kiddos.

5. Relieves stress by going bungee jumping

kim go eun (7)Source

Kim Go Eun’s character in The King: Eternal Monarch, lieutenant Jung Tae Eul, has no fear. When it comes to heights, Kim Go Eun is just as fearless, having bungee jumped and skydived several times. 

She also mentioned that she enjoyed doing wire work stunts for Memories of the Sword (2015).

6. Is a monolid beauty

At one point in her life, Kim Go Eun wanted to go for double eyelid surgery. Due to opposition from her parents, however, she ended up not having the procedure done.

kim go eun (1)Source

It seems as though she’s pretty cool with having monolids now, since she was able to joke about it in a meta moment on The King: Eternal Monarch.

7. Her acting journey started in high school

high school playSource

Kim Go Eun didn’t dream of being an actress as a child. Her passion for acting was only ignited when she performed in a play in high school, after which she pursued drama in college.

8. She could have been a doctor or film director

During an interview for The King: Eternal Monarch, Kim Go Eun was asked about what she envisioned herself as in an alternate universe. She replied, “I thought that I wanted to be a doctor if my skills were good enough.”

In another interview on The Swoon, the actress mentioned that when she was younger, she vaguely thought of wanting to create a movie.

9. Rejected the part in Eungyo at first

eungyoSource

Kim Go Eun’s rise to stardom is an interesting tale. She was visiting her school senior, who was a staff member on the set of the movie Eungyo (2012), also named A Muse. She happened to meet the director, who told her to audition for the role. 

Initially, she thought it was a small production, but was taken aback when she realised it was the opposite, with 300 people competing for the same role as her.

When she was offered the part, Kim Go Eun rejected the role at first, saying that she didn’t feel ready at that time. The director asked her to reconsider her decision, and she eventually starred in the film.

10. Became a star instantly

Unlike most actors who appear in minor parts before landing their breakthrough role, Kim Go Eun became an instant star after Eungyo. Before her debut in the film, the star had only been in school plays and productions.

The movie sparked heated debates as it was about an old man who experiences lust after seeing a young schoolgirl (played by Kim Go Eun).

Also read:

11. Took a break from acting for college

Despite many offers following Eungyo, Kim Go Eun decided to take a break from acting for two years. During that time, she went back to the Korea National University of Arts to complete her degree in the School of Drama.

12. Turned down her first drama

kim go eun (11)Source

She initially turned down the role in the television series Cheese in the Trap (2016) due to scheduling issues. However, the director repeatedly asked her to accept the role, and changed the filming schedule to match that of Kim Go Eun’s, as she found the actress to be the most suitable for the slightly eccentric character, Hong Seol.

In the end, Kim Go Eun starred in Cheese in the Trap, her first-ever appearance on the small screen.

13. Has played diverse roles

kim go eun (12)Kim Go Eun in Monster (2014)
Source

Among her many roles, Kim Go Eun has played a mentally handicapped character in the 2014 thriller, Monster. 

The actress was also in Memories of the Sword, a historical drama that required her to do stunts as a swordsman. 

14. Has been in more movies than dramas 

Most of us know Kim Go Eun from her role as Ji Eun Tak in Goblin. Surprisingly though, the star has been in 11 movies and only 3 drama series to date.

15. Still keeps in touch with the cast of Goblin

gong yoo, lee dong wookSource

Fans of Goblin will be glad to know that the cast remain friends. In a variety show that took place 2 years after Goblin aired, Kim Go Eun mentioned how actors Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook still ask her out for casual drinks.

yoo in naSource

Yoo In Na played Ji Eun Tak’s boss, the spunky and flirtatious Sunny, in Goblin. Evidently, the co-stars grew close after being on-set together, with Kim Go Eun continuing to visit Yoo In Na’s house often.

16. Chummy with fellow actors

kim go eun (9)Kim Go Eun with Youn Yuh Jung (left) and Choi Min Ho (right)
Source

It’s not just her Goblin colleagues who keep in touch with Kim Go Eun and care for her loads. 

When it was announced that Youn Yuh Jung would be working with Kim Go Eun on Canola, the latter’s former co-stars Kim Hye Soo and Jeon Do Yeon asked Youn Yuh Jung to look out for Kim Go Eun on-set.

17. Dated a man 17 years older

kim go eun (6)Source

The Goblin star dated actor Shin Ha Kyun, with whom she has a 17-year age gap. They met and grew close due to their common interest in scuba diving, and dated for a period of 8 months from August 2016 to March 2017.

18. Was a fan of Lee Min Ho before The King: Eternal Monarch

Before The King: Eternal Monarch, Kim Go Eun was an honest fangirl of Lee Min Ho, just like the rest of us. She mentioned that she was rooting for Kim Tan, Lee Min Ho’s character in The Heirs (2013).

19. Learnt taekwondo for The King: Eternal Monarch

kim go eun (2)Source

In The King: Eternal Monarch, Kim Go Eun plays the daughter of a taekwondo master, who has a black belt in the sport herself. Other than teaching taekwondo in the drama, she also has to perform high kicks to take down criminals. 

While the actress has starred in action films such as Memories of the Sword, she still found the kicks difficult to do, and went to a taekwondo studio near her home to prepare for the role.

20. Gained 8kg for her role in Sunset in My Hometown

kim go eun (13)Source

Dedicated actress that she is, Kim Go Eun gained 8kg for her role in Sunset in My Hometown (2018), where she had to portray a girl from the countryside.

sunset in my hometownSource

She was a whole mood when she told an interviewer that she was happy to gain the weight for the movie as she was able to eat as much as she wanted.

All You Need To Know About The King: Eternal Monarch’s Kim Go Eun  

With her innocent and lovable charms, we can’t help being hooked on Kim Go Eun. Fans of the actress can catch her in The King: Eternal Monarch, which is currently streaming on Netflix with new episodes coming your way every week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I miss her so much. Why is there no news about her. Another good thing is that there is an news that the Hero is sending to Cannes. And the parasite is also released by CJ, who is also the distributor of Hero. I feel very happy but let's wait for Arjenia and the official fan clubs to confirm it . But we have to wait to 2021 because the 2020 line was already released last June 5 - so is Hero being submitted for the 2021 lineup.:doggie:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, MinGoLove said:

hope to hear the good news soon!!

This is what i mean that she'd better focus with movies.. yaaayyy!!! more power to uri Ggone!! 

I also agree, she needs to focus on the movie. Actually I don't want her acting in dramas right now:happydance:These days, it's hard to get a good script. Korean dramas are pre-production. Therefore, actors can only receive scripts for the first episodes. There are dramas, the first episodes are good, but the later episodes are become worse. So I don't want Go EUn to act in dramas. Go eun should focus on acting in movies where she is recognized and loved

• Like 2

BackstreetRookie aired yesterday. To protect the dramas, some fans keep comparing it with TKEM, Goblin.

So I came across the first 2 episodes of the drama. I will not post any negative. I only write basic comparisons. These are my thoughts, if you have other thoughts I agree.  In Goblin, the two main characters kissed when they fell in love with each other, the male lead is a goblin, this is a fantasy movie, the male lead doesn't grow old and JET keeps growing.

TKEM is a very confusing drama with a lot of errors from writers to directors so the rating of such drama is okay. Even we recognize the flaws of the film.

I love JWK, KYJ but the first 2 episodes of BackstreetRookie have many problems.  But the dramas has only been aired for 2 episodes, we don't know anything. We need at least 6 episodes to know. Maybe in the upcoming episodes , the rating will increase so please don't compare Goblin, TKEM. I really enjoyed them. Goblin is my most  favorite drama.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Joojix said:

Hi! Just watched her movie Tune in For Love and I think she was very good with Jung Hae In.

I love them. They look love dovey. I hope too see them together in movies:)

• Like 1

so true!!! massive girl crush for uri badass Jeung Tae Eul.. :wub:

https://www.hellokpop.com/featured/5-times-kim-go-eun-defined-girl-crush-in-the-king-eternal-monarch/ 

giphy-6.gif

FEATURED

5 Times Kim Go Eun Defined “Girl Crush” In “The King: Eternal Monarch”

By abbyinhallyuland | May 6, 2020

WITH SWEETNESS ALARM SOARING FOR THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH, WE CAN’T HELP BUT ADMIRE THE AMAZING JEONG TAE EUL PORTRAYED BY KIM GO EUN

After six episodes, The King: Eternal Monarch has opened a whole new world that gets better each episode.

giphy-10.gif

Admittedly, Lee Min Ho has kept the viewers on an alarming swoon index every chapter of the series. But, in nailing those dreamy scenes, he needed the perfect empress on-screen. Enter Kim Go Eun, playing the role of dauntless detective Jeong Tae Eul, who chanced upon a man who proclaimed himself as a King of her country’s parallel world.

Their chemistry is so far intoxicating in taking the audience to a fantasy romance treat like no other.

giphy-11.gif

Swerving from the usual prototype of Korean drama heroines, Kim Go Eun has charmed the viewers with her no-nonsense attitude and bravery.

Ahead of the seventh episode of The King: Eternal Monarch, let’s look back on Jeong Tae Eul’s girl crush moments we can’t help but smile about.

SHE GAVE A NEW MEANING TO “GIRL POWER”

Having the world at its feet, Lee Gon has set his heart straight to a woman he yearned for 25 years even without meeting her yet. Finally when he did, she does not even need his protection. She knows what she wants and can take care of herself.

His adoration is sealed when his girl told him why she decided to go for a risky job. She said, not all people can be brave so she wants to be brave.

giphy-7.gif

SHE IS TRANSPARENT WITH HER EMOTIONS

Baffled at the handsome man who kept staking his claim on her, Jeong Tae Eul summoned patience to endure his science and technology blabs.

But there are times that her understanding runs out, and she does not hesitate to show it. Even to dashing emperor Lee Gon, whom she always call crazy bastard.

giphy.gif

SHE ALWAYS HAS HER FRIENDS’ BACK

Fearless with skills to boot, Jeong Tae Eul does not back down to challenges. In times when trouble hits them because of their police work, she can even protect her friend Shin Jae.

Kim Go Eun The King: Eternal Monarch

The King: Eternal Monarch

SHE IS OBLIVIOUS OF HER CHARM

Appearing as strong and independent woman, her inner beauty and fortitude shine through. And so far, it is hitting Lee Gon hard.

Kim Go Eun The King: Eternal Monarch

SHE EMBRACES ROMANCE WITHOUT FILTER

As logical as she can be, Jeong Tae Eul knows how to enjoy love breeze and heart flutters. She does not backdown to Lee Gon’s seduction. Her acknowledgment of the mutual attraction they felt is such a refreshing breeze. A notable deviation from indecisive K-Drama heroines.

Kim Go Eun courageously delivered a fictional character who is on point in delivering sound decisions. The kind that women in real world can learn from. That is – not overthinking romance when the guy is sincere, smart and hot.

Kim Go Eun The King: Eternal MonarchKim Go Eun The King: Eternal Monarch

Jeong Tae Eul is definitely someone you would want in your squad! Unraveling more frames of her character that women can be inspired of is expected in the coming episodes.

The King: Eternal Monarch is available on Netflix with weekly episodes every Friday and Saturday at 10.30pm SGT.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

Yes, KGE's Jeong Tae Eul is not only the very essence of girl crush but she also can be badass when needed. Her scenes in Episode 11 where she fought her abductors show that when a situation calls for she transforms into a warrior. 

:approves:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

i fell in love with Jeung Tae Eul at the very first moment.. with her swag and chic city girl outfit :wub:

her fight scene here is also great.. especially when she dropped her bag.. so savage.. hahahahha

Tae Eulaaaaa,, saranghaeeeeee... 

:heart4:

i want to rewatch The King but only Tae Eul scene.. hahahahahahhaa

• LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

wow so many people here. as for the actors she kinda have circle with some actors

Kim Go eun and kang dong won

hw8.jpg&key=1f50dd27635bb256de360157c516

with top actors

kim heechan ,ryu junyeol ,kim junmyeon (suho) ,choi minho ,kim dongwan ,jisoo

EJAvrblVAAAUXne?format=jpg&name=small

if she accepted Love in Moonlight,she would reunite again with park bo gum (the roles then goes to kim yoo jung),but if she accept that role,she maybe never plays as ji eun tak in goblin.

CbEoxp-VIAEpmEf?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ChunSungIm said:

wow so many people here. as for the actors she kinda have circle with some actors

Kim Go eun and kang dong won

hw8.jpg&key=1f50dd27635bb256de360157c516

with top actors

kim heechan ,ryu junyeol ,kim junmyeon (suho) ,choi minho ,kim dongwan ,jisoo

EJAvrblVAAAUXne?format=jpg&name=small

if she accepted Love in Moonlight,she would reunite again with park bo gum (the roles then goes to kim yoo jung),but if she accept that role,she maybe never plays as ji eun tak in goblin.

CbEoxp-VIAEpmEf?format=jpg&name=medium

Oh. Really. I don't know if Go eun was offered the female lead in Love in Moonlight. I heard among fans talk a lot but I couldn't find an article about that. Both dramas are very successful. But I think Go Eun suits the Goblin better. I hope someday, Bo Gum and Go Eun will act together

• Like 1

theres 2 article about it

https://www.soompi.com/article/841547wpp/kim-go-eun-reportedly-considering-offer-to-work-with-park-bo-gum

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/kim-yoo-jung-role-moonlight-drawn-by-clouds-first-given-kim-go-eun/

tvN’s “The List 2017” revealed that the lead role for “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” was first offered to Kim Go Eun.Kim Go Eun was offered the role while she was looking for her next project after tvN’s Cheese In The Trap. Kim Go Eun and Park Bo Gum almost reunited since their movie, Chinatown. But after a long consideration, Kim Go Eun decided to decline the offer. Kim Go Eun may have missed the “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” boom…but no tear was shed, because she then went on to lead tvN’s mega-popular drama, Goblin!

Kim Go Eun,Yoona,Han Ji Min at Choo Ja Hyun and Yu Xiao Guang's wedding

D71TNRHUcAE_6Rz?format=jpg&name=smallD71TNRIUIAAIE7A?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1