Kim Go Eun ♥ 김고은 ♥ 金高銀 ♥ คิมโกอึน ♥ キムゴウン - Upcoming Drama 2024: Eun Jung and Sang Yeon

Lids

Long-lost granddaughter returns in ‘Canola’

Grandmother Gye-choon (left), played by Youn Yuh-jung, and her granddaughter Hye-ji, played by Kim Go-eun, in “Canola” (Contents Nandakinda)

“Canola” is a genuinely moving film. It is refreshingly simple. It employs no gimmicks and focuses on delivering an original story about the bond between a grandparent and a grandchild. 

The film is set on the idyllic coast of Jejudo Island, where a young girl Hye-ji lives with her grandmother, Gye-choon, played by Youn Yuh-jung. A female diver, Gye-choon makes a modest living by selling the clams and fish she catches, and provides for her granddaughter, whose parents’ whereabouts are unknown. Hye-ji, who loves to draw, is inseparable from her grandmother. 

One day, when the two are at a bustling marketplace, Hye-ji goes missing. Gye-choon is devastated and spends years searching for her granddaughter and yearning for her return. 

Some 12 years pass and we are shown an older Hye-ji, played by Kim Go-eun, living a hard life in the streets with a gang of juvenile delinquents. When she gets into serious trouble with the law, she reaches out to her grandmother and the two finally reunite.

Actress Kim Go-eun plays the granddaughter Hye-ji in “Canola.” (Contents Nandakinda)

Hye-ji returns with an ecstatic Gye-choon to her hometown, the island paradise filled with yellow canola flowers. But having had to get by on her own in the city alleys for too long, Hye-ji is no longer the innocent little girl who needed to hold her grandmother’s hand to go to the bathroom at night. She has transformed into a surly, rebellious and “bad girl” as the townspeople now call her, Hye-ji is troubled by her past. Her artistic talents remain intact, meanwhile, and she expresses herself through painting. How much of the new Hye-ji will Gye-choon be able to embrace? 

Later in the film, there is a twist to the plot that takes what could have been an average family drama to new heights. Why is it that grandparents seem to be infinitely more forgiving of our flaws, more unconditionally caring than anyone else? Perhaps the wider generational gap gives them more room for understanding. The film doesn’t answer these questions, but it does provide food for thought on the human need for affection and our ability to find it where we can. 

The film’s director Yoon Hong-seung, who goes by the pseudonym Director Chang, said he wanted to make a “relatable” story.
“I didn’t want to persuade the audience. I just wanted to present them with something they could relate to,” he said after a press screening of the film Monday in Seoul. “I stuck to the feelings that I’m familiar with.”

Spoiler

Actress Youn Yuh-jung plays the grandmother Gye-choon in “Canola.” (Contents Nandakinda)

“I looked at myself in the film and I saw the face of my own mother, who is now 97,” said Youn, a veteran actress known to international audiences for her role in Im Sang-soo’s 2010 film “The Housemaid.”

Min-ho of K-pop group SHINee also stars in the film as Hye-ji’s classmate and love interest. 

The film opens May 19.

source

• Like 4

Yonhap News Agency

May 2, 2016

Movie 'Canola'

Movie 'Canola'

The stars of the new movie "Canola" -- Yoon Yeo-jung, Kim Go-eun, Kim Hee-won, Shin Eun-jung, Yang Ick-jun and Choi Min-ho (2nd from L to R) -- pose for a photo along with director Chang (L) during a publicity event in Seoul on May 2, 2016. The movie will be released in South Korea on May 19. (Yonhap) (END)

• Like 3

Added new English posters and stills for the upcoming Korean movie "Canola"

photo725216.jpg

Added new English posters and stills for the upcoming Korean movie "Canola" (2015)

Directed by Director Chang

With Yoon Yeo-jeong, Kim Go-eun-I, Kim Hee-won, Sin Eun-jeong, Yang Ik-joon, Minho,...

Also known as "Canola"
Synopsis
A girl who went missing after an accident returns 10 years later and reunites with her grandmother.

Release date in Korea : 2016/05/19

photo725215.jpg

Spoiler

photo725208.jpg

photo725207.jpg

source

• Like 3

theres news that she would reconsider take a role for tvN drama with writer kim eun sook (dots,heirs,secret garden) and gong yoo as main actor

gongyoo-kimgoeun.jpg

Kim Go Eun May Join Gong Yoo In “Descendants Of The Sun” Writer’s New Drama

Actress Kim Go Eun confirms that she is looking over the lead female role in Kim Eun Sook’s upcoming drama, “Goblin” (working title), to star alongside actor Gong Yoo.

Her agency states that the actress has had one meeting with the production team to discuss the role, and is reviewing the drama positively.

Actor Gong Yoo has already confirmed his participation in drama, which will be his return to the small screen for the first time in four years

Writer Kim Eun Sook has written many hit dramas, such as “Secret Garden,” “A Gentleman’s Dignity,” “Heirs,” and “Descendants of the Sun.”

Meanwhile, this drama is about a goblin, who needs a human bride in order to end his immortal life, and a grim reaper, who suffers from amnesia. They somehow end up meeting and living together, whether by fate or by a curse, and the drama follows the strange, mysterious, sad, but beautiful daily lives of those who see off the souls of the dead.

“Goblin” will start airing in November on tvN.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/05/25/kim-go-eun-may-join-gong-yoo-in-descendants-of-the-sun-writers-new-drama/

• Like 5

Hey guys ! I just recently became a big fan of her ,I think that her performance in CITT was amazing and no other actress could of brought Hong Seoul to life as she did ,she's a beautiful and talented actress and it breaks my hearts to see how much disgusting hate she's getting now people she doesn't "fit " their standards, but her talent speaks for itself:wub: hope she accepts the work 

• Like 2

May 28, 2016

Kim Go Eun Hopes to Go Distance in Acting

Source: The Chosun Ilbo

Actress Kim Go-eun played the role of a troubled teenager in her latest film "Canola." The film deals with an emotional bonding between a girl and her long-lost grandmother as they reunite about a decade later.

"Playing a delinquent teenage girl was a little hard in the beginning of the film as I couldn't relate to the character," Kim said. "I didn't think of running away from home nor dropping out of school during my childhood, as I lived in China until I went to middle school in Korea," she recalls.

2016052800379_0.jpg

When asked how she felt about co-starring with veteran actress Youn Yuh-jung, she said she felt no pressure at all. "I felt close to her from the start as if we were really grandmother and granddaughter," she said. 

Debuted with a controversial role in the 2012 film "A Muse," which is about an affair between a poet in his 70s and a teenage school girl, Kim continues to build her filmography, appearing in several films with challenging roles.

"I wanted to build my acting career step by step. Unlike my initial plan, I made my debut abruptly after a couple of independent films, so I had a hard time at the beginning but I think it eventually helped me to grow as an actress," Kim said. "I hope to go distance without many ups and downs."

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

She's cute, talented, and I like her style (casual and fancy) so I'm going to do a light spam of some of her fashion moments that I like in no particular order.

Shoes and stripes!

Fresh and unexpected :wub:

The color suits her.

Shape, color, fit, silhouette, shoes... whatever, it all works for me.

This is basically perfect.

I really want this blazer or one like it.

lol there are more than I expected so the rest are under a spoiler tag.

Spoiler

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

New drama featuring Kim Go Eun, Gong Yoo, and Lee Dong Wook set to air soon!

lee-dong-wook-gong-yoo-kim-go-eun_147077

tvN's upcoming drama 'Goblin' has been confirmed to air in December! 

A tvN representative informed Newsen on August 9, "It's true that 'Goblin' plans to air some time in December. It was supposed to air earlier. The formation wasn't delayed but rather, because 'K2's schedules were switched around, it will start airing in December.

Meanwhile, 'Goblin' is a fantasy/supernatural drama that will tell the tale of the friendship between a goblin that needs a human wife and a Grim Reaper with amnesia. Sounds pretty peculiar, huh? 

'Goblin' is said to be written by Kim Eun Sook, the same writer who brought us the immensely popular 'Descendants of the Sun' and 'Lovers In Paris.' 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/new-drama-featuring-kim-go-eun-gong-yoo-and-lee-dong-wook-set-to-air-soon

#Goblin starring #GongYoo #KimGoEun & #LeeDongWook to be aired in December on tvN after #K2 #KoreanUpdates RZ

CpaGuslVMAAtAaO.jpg

CpaLVCHUkAAQLBV.jpg

• Like 5

August 10, 2016

Actress Kim Go-eun becomes KAFA promotional envoy

Actress Kim Go-eun becomes KAFA promotional envoy

Actress Kim Go-eun speaks during a Korean Academy of Film Arts (KAFA) ceremony at the Press Center in Seoul on Aug. 10, 2016, to appoint her as a promotional ambassador for a KAFA film festival to mark the 10th anniversary of its introduction of a feature film course. Set up by the Korean Film Council in 1984, the academy has produced famous directors, including Bong Joon-ho, Choi Dong-hoo and Kim Tae-yong. (Yonhap) (END)

• Like 2

Today's Photo: August 11, 2016 

photo755267.jpg

Lee Je-hoon and Kim Go-eun-I pose after being named promotional ambassadors for a film academy in Seoul on Wednesday.

photo755266.jpg

photo755265.jpg

Spoiler

photo755264.jpg

photo755263.jpg

photo755262.jpg

photo755259.jpg

Spoiler

photo755258.jpg

photo755257.jpg

photo755256.jpg

source

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On 5/26/2016 at 1:25 PM, RoseM said:

Hey guys ! I just recently became a big fan of her ,I think that her performance in CITT was amazing and no other actress could of brought Hong Seoul to life as she did ,she's a beautiful and talented actress

@RoseM a belated welcome to Kim Go-Eun's thread....  welcome-sign10.gif?w=150&h=110

I saw her in movies first, and then in the drama. She is a fabulous actress,no doubt.

I am glad she chose to do the drama, and gain recognition in the drama world too.~ :)

Thank you everyone for fabulous updates !

• Like 1

August 12, 2016

Actors made honorary KAFA ambassadors

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

htm_20160811105413585779.JPG

Actor Lee Je-hoon and actress Kim Go-eun will serve as honorary ambassadors for a Korean Academy of Film Arts (KAFA) film festival to mark the 10th anniversary of its introduction of a feature film course.

“I have long been a fan of KAFA before I even debuted,” said Kim at the press conference held on Thursday. “I will do my best while working as an honorary ambassador.” 

“As a lover of Korean films, I will put my utmost effort to promote the event with pride,” Lee said. 

The academy has produced numerous famous directors such as Bong Joon-ho and Kim Tae-yong since it was established by the Korean Film Council in 1984. 

The upcoming KAFA film festival will take place Sept. 1-4 at Cinematheque KOFA, located in Sangam-dong, Mapo District, western Seoul. 

By  Jin Min-ji 

20160810122757_P_00_C_1_790.jpg

20167081470799358.jpg