Kim Go Eun ♥ 김고은 ♥ 金高銀 ♥ คิมโกอึน ♥ キムゴウン - Upcoming Drama 2024: Eun Jung and Sang Yeon

Lids

'China Town' Kim Hye-soo and Kim Go-eun-I: what a fatal combination

photo578783.jpg

"China Town" main preview trailer has been released.

Movie "China Town" has released their first main preview trailer featuring the fatal story of the two women,Kim Hye-soo and Kim Go-eun-I.

Whilst the film industry has revolved around male characters mainly, the film starring two actresses as the leads is drawing much attention.

The released trailer shows Il-yeong (Kim Go-eun-I)'s survival story, who was abandoned in the number ten locker in a subway station right after she was born and then finds a new mom, a boss in China Town and sustains her life with her family members, with whom she has not shared a drop of blood. Il-yeong grows up as the most trusted child in the China Town where only those useful ones survive.

However, Il-yeong gets to experience warmhearted kindness when she meets a debtor's son Seok-hyeon (Park Bo-geom) and becomes aware of the world beyond China Town. And she lies to her mother for the first time in her life. Mother has noticed the subtle changes in Il-yeong and gives her an extremely dangerous task. And the fate of the two is forced to charge into the unexpected direction.

As implied in the caption, "I've decided to survive no matter what", it is drawing attention from moviegoers, raising the level of expectation as to whether or not Il-yeong could dream of a different world.

"China Town" depicts the survival rules by the people who have been living in their own ways in China Town where only those useful ones survive. The movie will be released on April 40th.

Source: Hancinema

• Like 3

class="yt watch-title-container" style="margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; display: table-cell; vertical-align: top; width: 610px; word-wrap: break-word; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Showbiz Korea-PRESS CONFERENCE OF THE MOVIE ″CHINATOWN'

• Like 1

Kim Hye-soo and Kim Go-eun-I's battle for sexiness

photo580650.jpg

The two heroines Kim Hye-soo and Kim Go-eun-I from the movie "China Town" are out with a different look from the movie.

Kim Hye-soo plays the "Mother" role in "China Town" while Kim Go-eun-I is Il-yeong, an abandoned child in a world where only the useful stay alive.

The First Look pictorial features the two actresses in manish but sexy looks. They had given up being 'women' in the rough cut movie "China Town" but went through a transformation for this pictorial.

photo580648.jpg

Kim Hye-soo has her eyes closed while she is swept up in a mist of white fog and gives of a strong aura of the leader that she is in the movie. In the cut with Kim Hye-soo and Kim Go-eun-I together, they are posing seductively with their bodies and eyes. They live up to the names 'actresses of Chungmuro' and bring about the image of a "Mother" and Il-yeong who make choices they can never take back in "China Town".

photo580649.jpg

Kim Hye-soo says, "I have been interested in the actress Kim Go-eun-I for a long time. I felt she had much more potential than what we can see and I imagine she will stand out amongst those her age. "China Town" will have a huge influence on her'.

Kim Go-eun-I also said, "I was so happy to hear who I was going to work with. I chose her as the one person that I've always wanted to meet and I knew it was fate. She personally watched me act and even advised me when I needed it".

The two actresses' interview and pictures can be seen in the 87th issue of First Look on April 2nd. Meanwhile,"China Town" is scheduled for release on April 30th.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

April 20, 2015
Kim Go Eun Walks On The Stage; 'Chinatown' Press Premiere and Conference
Source: BNTNews
hejbpeiq2cbobad7l0atij53u4zg3k8a.jpg
[by Woorim Ahn, photo by Kim Chi Yoon] Movie ‘Chinatown’ held its press premiere and conference at Wangsimni CGV in Seoul on April 20.
The movie is about two women how to survive in Chinatown, where only useful people can be lived in the area. Actress Kim Hye Soo, Kim Go Eun, Um Tae Goo, Park Bo Gum, Ko Kyung Pyo and others appear in the film.
Meanwhile, ‘Chinatown’ will premiere nationwide on April 29. (photo by bntnews DB)

• Like 1

Kim Go-eun-I and Kim Hye-soo don't mind the "Avengers"

photo586188.jpg

"The Avengers: Age of Ultron" ticket sales has reached 90% and it's expected to clean sweep. However, there's something coming up that doesn't mind Hollywood. It's as mighty as "Iron Man", it's as strong as "Thor" and it's as scary as "The Hulk".

We're talking about Kim Hye-soo and Kim Go-eun-I. "China Town" has come out at last. The production presentation went over well and the audience cheered for the cast who challenged "The Avengers".

Korean movies have been showing a lack of actresses lately. Son Ye-jin starred in the previous "Pirates"and "Ode to My Father" is the last Korean movie to have seen light. Kim Hye-soo set forward with determination.

She said, "The movie has some emotional parts where you might find difficult to accept. I had a hard time deciding if I should do it or not. Every time went through disguise and went to work I felt thrilled once I set my mind to it. It was special time and I am proud for a movie like this to have been made".

"China Town" is about the survival of two women in China Town where only the 'useful' survive. Kim Hye-soo is the head of China Town known as 'Mom' and Kim Go-eun-I plays Il-yeong who was raised under her. There are scenes where stabbings, gun shootings, running and rolling occur. The movie is blended with money laundering, drugs, gambling, murder and human trafficking.

There's detail in the character of 'Mom'. Kim Go-eun-I attempts at a new character yet once again but comes back more mature. The two actresses with a 21-year-old age gap exchange unique emotions and create synergy out of their characters.

"China Town" is being released this 29th starring Kim Hye-soo, Kim Go-eun-I, Ko Kyeong-pyo, Lee Soo-kyeong-I, Park Bo-geom, Lee Dae-yeon and Jo Bok-rae.

photo586189.jpg

• Like 3

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 600; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 1; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"SHINee’s Minho to Make His Film Debut alongside Kim Go Eun and Yoon Yeo Jung

Minho-Yoon-Yeo-Jung-Kim-Go-Eun1.jpg

SHINee’s Minho is set to appear in his first film.

In a phone call with OSEN on April 15, Minho’s management agency SM Entertainment shared, “Minho will appear in ‘Late Spring Grandma’ (working title).”

“Late Spring Grandma” tells the story of a girl who goes missing and reunites with her grandmother 10 years later. Actresses Yoon Yeo Jung and Kim Go Eun will take on the roles of grandmother and granddaughter, respectively, and Minho will be paired up with Kim Go Eun.

Minho has showcased his acting talent previously in dramas “To the Beautiful You” and “Medical Top Team,” but “Late Spring Grandma” will be his first time on the big screen. Filming is slated to begin this month.

Are you looking forward to Minho’s movie debut?

Source: Soompi

• Like 1

April 21, 2015
Critics’ Week Takes COIN LOCKER GIRLKIM Hye-soo/KIM Go-eun Head to Cannes by Pierce Conran / KOFIC

QkVakgLeZygFJHXksbwx.jpg
Following last week’s official selection announcement for the Cannes Film Festival, the 54th International Critics’ Week (Semaine de la Critique), an event that runs alongside Cannes, revealed its lineup yesterday, focusing on debut or sophomore films. Among the event’s special screenings will be the Korean female-driven gangster film Coin Locker Girl. In the gritty drama-thriller, Eungyo (2012) starlet KIM Go-eun appears as a young woman who has been raised by a tough loan shark, played by The Thieves’ (2012) KIM Hye-soo, after being left in a subway coin locker as an infant. The film marks the debut of director HAN Jun-hee, who previously served as an assistant director on the dramedy Ba: Bo (2008), and wrote the psychic investigative thriller The Gifted Hands (2013). Coin Locker Girl comes from CJ Entertainment’s CGV Arthouse label, which is now three for three with Cannes selections, following last year’s Un Certain Regard invitation for July JUNG’s A Girl at My Door, and the previously announced The Shameless, from OH Seung-wook, also in Un Certain Regard this year. Though some sections and slots have yet to be filled, four Korean films have already been invited to the Croisette this year, along with SHIN Su-won’s Madonna in Un Certain Regard and HONG Won-chan’s Office in Midnight Screenings. Critics’ Week will run from May 14th to 22nd.

• Like 3

"China Town" and why we are interested in it

photo586490.jpg

Actresses and a female producer got together and did it.

Kim Hye-soo and Kim Go-eun-I's "China Town" is a rare female noir. It's not common for two actresses to co-star in a drama let alone risk their physical selves in action moves.

The movie is about 'Mom' who lives a cruel life in dark and shady Chinatown and Il-yeong (Kim Go-eun-I) who is abandoned and has to find her own way of survival. Although they are not directly related, the relation of their surroundings help them survive together. If it weren't for Kim Hye-soo there wouldn't be a "China Town". Once the scenario was complete, the producers thought about her for the role of 'Mom'. She hesitated although she wanted to do it and finally, after 3 months, she decided to go ahead with it. "I doubted I could do it and it was a spectacular experience" she says.

The story of two women started from the head of a female producer. Director Ahn Eun-mi concentrated onSon Ye-jin's "White Night" and Kim Go-eun-I's "A Muse". She says, "Usually, our lives are expressed by men but I wanted to express it from a woman's point of view".

• Like 2

Noir film 'Coin Locker Girl' puts women in lead

photo586791.jpg

When it comes to film noir, actresses can take on a limited number of roles, with the femme fatale character usually perceived as the most attractive one.

But in Han Jun-hee's upcoming debut feature "Coin Locker Girl", two distinctive actresses play merciless gang members - practically the opposite of the overly feminine noir film stereotype. 

Leading Korean actress Kim Hye-soo is a mob boss based in Incheon's China Town who goes by the name "Eomma", meaning "Mother" in Korean.

Her monstrous presence in the film is intensified with the drastic makeover she was given. She wears an artificial thick belly and a layer of freckles all over her face for the movie.

"It was a mentally agonizing time for me when I was deciding if I was going to take part in this movie", the 44-year-old said during a press conference on Monday at the Wangsimni CGV, eastern Seoul. 

"But after I made up my mind, the rest was rather enjoyable. The film had some dark stories, but I was thrilled to focus solely on the Eomma character without thinking about anything else", she said. 

"I consider myself lucky that I was given a chance to not think about my appearance as an actress". 

Kim Go-eun-I, who became a rising star after playing an innocent Lolita-type character in "A Muse" (2012), let go of the fragile image but took full advantage of her mysterious face to play the cold-blooded killer Il-yeong. 

Il-yeong, was abandoned in a subway station's coin locker room and left for dead before being picked up by one of Eomma's gangsters. She was on the verge of being thrown out several times, but, having stood beside Eomma faithfully, she is now one of the mob's key members.

However, Il-yeong starts to take interest in the world outside of China Town when she meets Seok-hyun, the happy-go-lucky son of the gang's debtor, and a destructive relationship ensues. 

"Eomma and Il-yeong's relationship is very odd", explained Kim Hye-soo. 

"They are not physically related, but with Il-yeong standing beside Eomma, they come to share the same fate. Maybe Eomma considered her as a successor? It is not a matter of love or hatred that drives Eomma's behavior. They intertwine in a very odd way", she added. 

The new director's unprecedented approach to film noir is also worth taking note of. 

Han calls the unusual choice of using women in the key roles in a genre usually dominated by male characters as "much more powerful and cool when seen on screen". 

"It may seem abstract, but I wanted to tell a story about survival", he added.

The China Town setting with its rusty red signboards add to the film's gloomy ambience.

Actors Ko Kyeong-pyo and Eom Tae-goo show strong performances as sidekicks.

The film opens nationwide on Wednesday.

• Like 3