Kim Go Eun ♥ 김고은 ♥ 金高銀 ♥ คิมโกอึน ♥ キムゴウン - Upcoming Drama 2024: Eun Jung and Sang Yeon

Lids

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden;"Interview with Kim Go-eun (김고은 - 회견) from "A Muse" (은교)

Credit:: OnokoFilm
  • Like 2

Interview Kim Go-eun of A Muse
1016154_10150341110729969_1592283309_n.j

By William Kustiono

A Muse is a South Korean film adaptation of Park Bum-shin’s novel Eun-gyo. On June 29th, the movie premiered at Lincoln Center in New York at the New York Asian Film Festival. The movie is directed by Jing Ji-Woo, it has earned numerous accolades including Best Film at the Build Film Awards and eight Best New Actress awards for Kim Go-Eun’s performance.

Kim_go_eun-thumb-630xauto-39985.jpg

The story revolves around Lee Jeok-yo, played by Park Hae-il, a seventy years old national poet, and his thirty years old assistant Seo Ji-woo, played by Kim Mu-yeol. The assistant has recently published his first work, a novel with psychological insight, which is a bestseller hits. He becomes greatly indebt towards his teacher and master, Jeok-yo. When the young high school girl, Eun-gyo falls asleep on a chair on Jeok-yo’s house, Jeok-yo falls smitten by the beauty of Eun-gyo. He agrees to give her a part-time job as a maid in his house. They spend time together and Eun-gyo eventually awakens Jeok-yo’s long lost feeling of love and youthfulness. Jeok-yo begins to transfers his feeling to a story about him imagining a sexual relationship with the young and lively young woman. Ji-woo is completely jealous at Jeok-yo’s relationship with the young woman and his writing. As the story goes on, he decides to act on his own which later amuses the audience who watch the movie.

The movie is based on the novel called Eun-gyo. This film starred a young actress, Kim Go-eun, who was never casted any movies before. This movie marks her first debut in the Korean film industry. Kim Go-eun is a drama major at Korea National University of Arts. She never received any kinds of acting or drama role in the television. The movie director, Jing, described her as an innocent girl who acted normal in front of camera. She did not impress anybody nor acted cute during the audition. This gave director Jing an idea for Go-eun to be casted as the innocent character, Eun-gyo. Although the movie was heavily criticized for having a story about a seventy years old guy having a sex with a high school girl, the film sold more than 1 million tickets in the following months after the film opened on April 25, 2012.

During our interview with Kim Go-eun, she told us that she is very surprised to be this year’s recipient of New York Asian Film Festival’s Star Asia Rising Star Award. She also told us how much she loves shopping in New York and can’t wait to come back and to spend more time visiting all the places she has seen in the movies.

Credit: http://blog.asianinny.com/exclusive-interviews/interview-kim-go-eun-of-a-muse/

Video: ASIANinNY

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Chilling character posters for Lee Min-ki’s thriller Monster
Monster1.jpg

There isn’t a whole lot of new information on Lee Min-ki’s new movie Monster, but they released character posters, and well, just take a gander. You’re welcome. This is the thriller that began shooting last May, and stars Lee Min-ki as a cold-blooded serial killer. Uh, if those hash marks tattooed into his back are for the number of people he’s killed, I’m totally going to need a nightlight and a buddy when I watch this movie.

The movie reunites Lee Min-ki with director Hwang In-ho of Chilling Romance, and he stars as “the perfect serial killer,” whatever that means. I think it means he doesn’t make mistakes, which I suppose is one definition of perfect. Co-starring is Kim Go-eun, a young actress who burst onto the scene with rave reviews for her debut in Eungyo in 2012.

She plays the older sister of a pair of girls who have no one but each other and run a tiny produce stand in the country to make a living. The unni isn’t quite right, and is known in the neighborhood as “the crazy richard simmons.” She’s simple but loyal, and loves her sister and will hurt anyone who messes with her. One day the younger sister ends up a loose end for the serial killer, and he murders her to keep a secret hidden.

The unni who’s already got a screw loose goes totally crazy, and grabs a knife and goes after her sister’s killer without hesitation. So it totally turns the expected setup on its head and sends her after the killer to get her revenge. Thus begins the twisted two-way chase, where he’s hunting her and she’s hunting him back, and it’s unclear who the real monster is in the story.

Monster’s release has been a bit delayed, but it plans to hit theaters sometime in March.

Monster2.jpg

Credit: Dramabeans 
  • Like 4

February 13, 2014
Kim Go Eun Wears a White Dress With Reversal
Source: BNTNews
6m03xqcqs5hj92kmdo1k6faixljjfztb.jpg
[by Sunghee Park] On February 13, new movie ‘Monster’ held its production conference at Jayang dong Lotte Cinnema, Seoul. 
The movie ‘Monster’ is about the chase between cold-blooded killer Tae Soo and crazy woman Bok Soon, who lost her younger sibling to him.
Meanwhile, new film ‘Monster,’ starring Lee Min Ki and Kim Go Eun, is set to hit theater on upcoming March. (photo by bntnews DB)

• Like 5

February 14, 2014
Kim Go Eun in a white dress of a surprising back & pink high heels
Source: STARN News
20140213124856_52fc40a84f853_1.jpg

On February 13th, actress Kim Go Eun attended press conference of movie ‘Monster’, which took place at Lotte Cinema Konkuk Uniersity branch.
During the press conference, Lee Min Ki, Kim Go Eun, and director Hwang In Ho attended to introduce the new film and their parts.
Meanwhile, ‘Mosnter’ is a movie about an older sister, who lost her younger brother, making revenge to the murderer, and it will be officially released in March.
/Reporting by Yim Hye-BIN en@starnnews.com

• Like 3

January 28, 2014
Kim Go-eun, Star of MONSTER and MEMORIES OF THE SWORDTo be Remembered as a Good actress, Not as an Overnight Star by Tae Sang-joon KOFIC

ChiYLXUoYlZuwgwehLyQ.jpg

Literally, KIM Go-eun has become an overnight success when it comes to her acting career. As a rising actress, KIM swept almost all of the movie awards in Korea with her role in Eungyo (2012), directed by JUNG Ji-woo (Modern Boy [2008], Happy End [1999]). What is more surprising is that she had no previous experiences in commercial movies before Eungyo, but her performance in the film immediately positioned her as a leading actress of future Korean cinema. It is agreeable when tracing back at what projects she was involved in last year. She took a lead role with LEE Min-gi in director HWANG In-ho’s second film Monster following Spellbound (2011). In this newest title, Memories of the Sword, she is co-starring with two of the most global Korean stars to date, LEE Byung-hun and JEON Do-yeon in Memories of the Sword, directed by PARK Heung-sik (I Wish I Had a Wife [2001], My Mother, the Mermaid [2004]).
“It feels great to hear about my growth in reputation and fame. But since I’m not as widely known as TV celebrities, it doesn’t affect my lifestyle very much. There are not many people that recognize me on the streets. However, one thing that changed after Eungyo is that I’m getting good scripts from renowned directors and screenwriters these days. Now I have a greater chance for my acting career and am very thankful for that.”
Although she is grateful to have been a part of Eungyo, the film was not an easy choice for an actress in her early twenties to make. KIM had decided to pursue her acting career back in high school. She was learning the joy of acting at Korea National University of Arts when she got offered the title role of Eungyo, JUNG Ji-woo’s new project. JUNG, one of the most technically accomplished directors in Korea, was casting the lead role for his new film based on the original story by the distinguished novelist, PARK Bum-shin. Prominent actor PARK Hae-il (The Host [2006], War of the Arrows [2011]) was already casted as her opposite. There seemed to be no reason to turn down the role except that the film required her full-frontal nudity. It was risky especially because Eungyo was going to be her first feature film. Strong nudity in the film might give audiences the wrong impression and could give her a tagline of ‘being naked since the debut film’ throughout her career. ehsQVwCymEJklLTLZCgW.jpg

“While offering the role, director JUNG told me that I should take enough time and make a careful decision, since there was a possibility that this film could become the worst start of my career. I wasn’t sure whether I should do the film or not, but my father gave me the decisive advice. I’ve always told my parents that I don’t want to be a beautiful or a popular actress, but what I want is to be a really good one. The one that doesn’t expose their personal life, but can always be seen in good films. Initially, my father wanted me to start my career in a TV sitcom or a cute coming-of-age film with a fresh and charming role. My father didn’t talk much about Eungyo when I was considering it. He just told me that I would never be able to go back to where I was once I do Eungyo. It was his tacit approval to do the film. That’s when I knew I had to challenge it with a do-or-die attitude, and I was determined to do it.” KIM Go-eun and JEON Do-yeon have special ties. Back in 1999, JEON was starred in JUNG Ji-woo’s Happy End and gave an exceptional revealing performance. Her overall performance in the film received universal acclaim from critics and audiences. However, there were also numerous sensational reports and rumors from yellow journalism offending her on-screen exposure and sex scenes. As a result, JEON had to suffer nervous breakdowns and went into a slump. When she saw KIM’s performance in Eungyo, JEON was naturally reminded of herself in Happy End. “JEON is a great actress full of passion for acting and cinema. She also has an enormous affection for good actors and actresses. She once told me that she was concerned that I might get bad influences or get hurt because of the sudden rise in attention from the public and media, but then was relieved when she found out that I dealt with it quite well. She also told me that she liked me because I seemed tenacious.”, said Kim and smiled.
Furthermore, KIM’s leading role as Bok-soon in the upcoming thriller, Monster, was offered to JEON at first. But JEON had to turn down the role due to the schedule conflicts between Monster and her recent film Way Back Home (2013). Since JEON found the script very intriguing, she was curious about who would land Bok-soon, and it turned out to be KIM Go-eun. “I’ve never seen such a unique character as Bok-soon in Korean cinema so far. Monster follows Bok-soon’s revenge on an inhumane serial killer who took her only sister’s life. Bok-soon is very eccentric that she contains both sides of sanity and insanity. She talks in a much exaggerated manner as if she were an anime character, especially the one from Slam Dunk, an extremely popular Japanese animation series from 1990s about high school basketball team. It was crucial to keep a consistent tone in acting and dialogues. I thoroughly realized the virtue of moderation in acting thanks to Monster.” dyASJGWTgKMAEHDZZBPw.jpg

Now she is in the middle of filming Memories of the Sword. To be a part of the film feels almost surreal to her, since she could be in the same frame with JEON Do-yeon, her long time role model. “Each actor have different filming schedules, and I haven’t had a chance to be in the same scene with JEON Do-yeon or LEE Byung-hun yet. One day, I went to the set and director PARK Heung-sik showed me some scenes with JEON and LEE together filmed from the day before. It was so touching that I bursted into tears, even though it wasn’t a super emotional scene. That’s when I finally realized I was in the same film with those two great actors. I felt tremendous responsibility at the same time since I have to meet their standards, and not get a free ride on their reputation.”
Now at the age of 24, KIM is particularly keen on watching romance movies. She loves tear-jerking The Notebook (2004) and witty 500 days of Summer (2009). Someday, she wants to do a serious romance movie like KIM Tae-yong’s Late Autumn (2010) as well, in which TANG Wei and HYUN Bin created impressive chemistry. “I want to bring out the sensitivity that I can express the best at my age, such as pain of love and anxiety about the future. There is a time for everything and I think I can do it very well now. The problem is, I never get romance movie scripts. Directors out there, please contact me when you are planning one,” she said and smiled again. Audiences may be able to anticipate seeing her in a delightful romance movie in the near future.
By TAE Sang-joon

• Like 7

February 20, 2014
LEE MIN KI & KIM GO EUN’S TENSE PICTORIAL FOR ELLE KOREA’S MARCH 2014 ISSUEhttp://couch-kimchi.com/2014/02/20/lee-min-kis-kim-go-euns-tense-pictorial-for-elle-koreas-march-2014-issue/

In the upcoming thriller film Monster, Lee Min Ki and Kim Go Eun our out for blood against each other, as her crazy woman role goes after his killer character for murdering her younger sister.
The darkness of the film spills over into their pictorial for the March edition of Elle Korea. One spread is particularly alarming, as Min Ki unfeelingly chokes Go Eun.
Monster will have its theatrical release next month.
5_zps61c75402.jpg~original
3_zpscc4bdac7.jpg~original
1_zps7e252d3f.jpg~original
2_zps055b7ff9.jpg~original
Sources  |  OBS News  |  Newsen

• Like 6

February 21, 2014
Kim Go-eun to come back in vicious revenge tale
By Claire Lee The Korea Herald

20140221000860_0.jpg
Kim Go-eun in her upcoming film “Monster” (Lotte Entertainment)
Actress Kim Go-eun, who made an impressive breakthrough in filmmaker Jung Ji-woo’s critically acclaimed 2012 sensual drama “Eungyo (A Muse),” is making a comeback as a vengeful mad woman in her upcoming movie. 
Kim made her acting debut in Jung’s 2012 film as Eun-gyo, a teenager who becomes the subject of desire for Lee Jeok-yo (Park Hae-il), a renowned poet in his 70s. The film received much attention for its subject matter as well as its depiction of sexuality. Kim, who had never appeared in a film or TV series before shooting “Eungyo,” won the role through an audition, beating some 300 contestants. 
After sweeping best new actress awards for her performance as the teen in 2012, including at the Blue Dragon Film Awards and the Grand Bell Awards, Kim is making a comeback in her second feature film, which is a vicious revenge thriller. 
In the upcoming film “Monster,” Kim stars as Bok-soon, a young woman whose younger sibling was brutally murdered by ruthless killer Tae-soo (Lee Min-ki). The grieving woman has a developmental disability, and almost becomes psychotic when she finds out her brother is dead. With uncontrollable anger, madness and limited mental ability, she plans revenge against Tae-soo. Actor Lee Min-ki, who gave a memorable performance last year in Roh Deok’s romance “Very Ordinary Couple,” is starring as the cruel killer. The film is slated to open in early March.
Kim is also starring in “Hyeopnyeo,” an upcoming period epic that takes place in Korea’s Goryeo Kingdom (918-1392). Prominent actress Jeon Do-yeon and hallyu star Lee Byung-hun co-star in the film. Kim plays the role of the daughter of a master swordswoman, who will be played by actress Jeon.

• Like 3

February 24, 2014
Press Conference Held for MONSTERActor Transformations Front and Center by Song Soon-jin KOFIC

hRqXohupKDKylBXzbBxS.jpg
A press conference for Monster was held on February 13th. Monster, the second feature film by director HWANG In-ho, who made his debut with Spellbound (2011), is a thriller in which the cold-blooded murderer Tae-soo (LEE Min-ki) is chased down by Bok-soon (KIM Go-eun) who lost her only sister by him. 
The main characters of Monster are played by LEE Min-ki of Spellbound (2011) and the rookie KIM Go-eun, the muse of Eungyo (2012). A big transformation from KIM Go-eun is expected as she will change from the innocent high school girl of Eungyo (2012) into a vengeful woman. “I thought the character was out of the ordinary when I received the scenario. I like that Bok-soon never gives up the fight even though she is a physically weak woman” said KIM Go-eun, expressing her reason for joining the project. Director HWANG In-ho said “I was very pleased because I didn’t expect both LEE Min-ki and KIM Go-eun would be able to change into these characters so well. Their transformations are even more impressive than I imagined.”
Similarly, LEE Min-ki turned himself into a ruthless killer in opposition to his previous comic and romantic roles. Describing his character, Director HWANG said that “Tae-soo is not a murderer who plans in advance, but takes action on impulse. He can hurt those he doesn’t like with any objects in front of him.” He also explained, “The difference between Tae-soo and other serial killers in existing thrillers is that he does not kill people for pleasure. He is driven to murder by unavoidable circumstances.” LEE Min-ki revealed, “In order to be immersed in the character, I worked out aggressively and went on a harsh diet almost abusing myself. I could feel that I was getting more sensitive and irritated by the smallest things. I tried to experience the feeling of obsession to bring myself to perfect condition. I did my best to use these feelings during filming.” Lee made an effort to lose 16 kilograms for the project.
Monster, financed and distributed by Lotte Entertainment, will be released on the 13th of next month.

• Like 2

March 6, 2014
Eun-gyo takes on ‘Monster’ role
By Kim Hee-eun INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily
06214117.jpg

Actress Kim Go-eun, better known as Eun-gyo — a title role she played in the acclaimed film “Eungyo [A Muse]” (2012) — has come back with a thriller film, “Monster.”

“After playing Eun-gyo, I wanted to have some change in my character. As an actress, I do not want people to have a fixed image of me,” said Kim at the film’s premiere in eastern Seoul yesterday. 
The film, “Monster,” follows the bloody battle of Bok-soon and notorious killer Tae-soo, played by actor Lee Min-ki. 
“Unlike many other thriller films that depict female characters as victims, ‘Monster’ takes a different approach,” added the 22-year-old actress.
The film will be released on March 13. 

• Like 2

March 7, 2014
Kim Go Eun Presents a Fresh Spring Look in a Flower-Patterned Skirt
Source: BNTNews
dt63fyxig0y7y0rik52cw40j261mojor.jpg

[by Cho Suyoun / photo by Kim Chi Yoon] On March 6, new film 'Monster' invited reporters to hold a press conference.
'Monster' is a chase film about a crazy woman who lost her younger sister to a murderer.
After the press conference, many celebrities came to the cinema to attend VIP premiere.

• Like 3

March 7, 2014
Lee Min Ki and Kim Go Eun Starred Together in Chase Film 'Monster'
Source: BNTNews
qbri7t7ope63ex1vz0g4hpxdodbwc57s.jpg

[by Cho Suyoun / photo by Kim Chi Yoon] On March 6, new film 'Monster' invited reporters to hold a press conference.
'Monster' is a chase film about a crazy woman who lost her younger sister to a murderer.
After the press conference, many celebrities came to the cinema to attend VIP premiere.
g01t88rj8bm27umfa1771ebi7zkz3e89.jpg

• Like 2

March 7, 2014 
Actress Kim Go Eun Presents a New Ring Trend
Source: BNTNews
6od9g254bw782i6uii6zxe24e11bpjdk.jpg

dyrbv0ltbxk8ixcin0eedgma7xzy3xx7.jpg

• Like 4