Kim Go Eun ♥ 김고은 ♥ 金高銀 ♥ คิมโกอึน ♥ キムゴウン - Upcoming Drama 2024: Eun Jung and Sang Yeon

Lids

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kim Go Eun with the newest addition to the Kim family

Kim Go Eun at launching of Chanel J12 watch

Spoiler

Kim Go Eun reunited with Lee Dong Wook at Chanel event

Spoiler

Spoiler

636929931778598750.jpg

636929931778598750.jpg

636929931857036250.jpg

636929931896880000.jpg

636929931931567500.jpg

Edited by ucylucy
  • Like 3

Just a rumor casting that mentioned KGE

Kim Go-eun “very likely” to star with Lee Min-ho in ‘The King: The Eternal Monarch’

0002913169_001_20190515080107286.jpg?typ

Popular screenwriter Kim Eun-sook and Hwa&Dam Pictures, the production company of her newest and upcoming drama The King: The Eternal Monarch, held a meeting on May 14 to discuss the casting for the series. Needless to say, the competition among the candidates for the lead female role is hard to overcome, with several big names already on the short list. Among them, award-winning and promising actress Kim Go-eun is the top contender who is “very likely” to get the role.

The King: The Eternal Monarch is probably the biggest drama yet of Kim Eun-sook as far as the story is concerned. It is set in two parallel worlds occupied by a Korean empire and its modern-day counterpart, mixing sci-fi elements with fantasy, history, and romance. The story unfolds when a deity unleashes a demon into the human world which then opens a portal to the parallel universe. It is unclear yet as to which of the two worlds is the “parallel” one relative to the other; what is sure is that a Korean emperor and a detective will try to shut the portal and protect their loved ones from the demon and the danger it brings about. The emperor will be played by Lee Min-ho (Legend Of The Blue Sea).

Meanwhile, the detective is the principal female character to be played by Kim Go-eun if she ends up getting the project. The lead actress will actually play two roles in the drama—the detective in the modern world and her doppelganger in another, who is the youngest prime minister in the Korean empire.

Goblin Poster 1 Kim Go-eun in a poster for Goblin with Gong Yoo.

Kim Go-eun was most recently seen in Kim Eun-sook’s hit fantasy romance series Goblin(2016). If she gets the lead role, she—along with Lee Min-ho who starred in The Heirs(2013), another drama from the same writer—will break the existing stereotype that Kim Eun-sook does not re-cast lead actors from her previous works.

Kim Go-eun made her TV acting debut in 2016 through the romantic drama Cheese In The Trap, which was followed by Goblin in the same year. She has been focusing on films since then, with her latest one (Yoo Yeol’s Music Album, also starring Jung Hae-in) up for release this year.

The King: The Eternal Monarch is the 13th drama of Kim Eun-sook which will be broadcast in the first half of 2020. With PD Baek Sang-hoon (Descendants of the Sun) as the director, it is expected to become a commercial success just like its predecessors including Lovers In ParisSecret GardenThe HeirsDescendants of the SunGoblin, and most recently, Mr. Sunshine. The lead actresses of these dramas are Kim Jung-eun, Ha Ji-won, Park Shin-hye, Song Hye-kyo, Kim Go-eun, and Kim Tae-ri, respectively.

Source: 1

cr KdramaPal

• Like 2

ed04c3cbfa3349c6bc848d1f4fea0302.jpeg?s=

Kim Go Eun To Join Lee Min Ho As Leading Roles In Kim Eun Sook’s New Fantasy Drama

May 19, 2019
by J. Lim

Screenwriter Kim Eun Sook will be having another reunion in her upcoming drama!

On May 20, production company Hwa&Dam Pictures announced that Kim Go Eun has been cast in a leading role for Kim Eun Sook’s next drama “The King: The Eternal Monarch” (literal translation). Kim Go Eun previously worked with Kim Eun Sook on the hit drama “Goblin.”

A source from Hwa&Dam Pictures stated, “‘The King: The Eternal Monarch’ will be a fantasy romance drama that goes between two parallel universes of the Republic of Korea and the Empire of Korea. Kim Go Eun will take on two different roles, as detective Jung Tae Eul in the Republic of Korea and the criminal Luna in the Empire of Korea.”

They went on to state, “It’s not easy to play two completely different characters of a detective and a criminal. We believe that with Kim Go Eun’s versatility as an actress, which she has shown in her various films and in her role in ‘Goblin,’ where she showed great depth as her character grew from a girl to a mature woman, she will be able to successfully take on the two different characters.”

“The King: The Eternal Monarch” will be a fantasy romance of two parallel worlds where the emperor of the Korean empire Lee Gon tries to fight against evil by teaming up with detective Jung Tae Eul to close the door between the two worlds. Lee Min Ho, who worked with Kim Eun Sook on “Heirs,” has already been confirmed to play the role of Lee Gon.

The drama is set to begin filming in the second half of the year, and will begin airing in 2020.

Are you excited to see Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun working together with Kim Eun Sook?

Source (1)

Cr Soompi

Spoiler

Kim Go-eun Confirms to Star in a New Fantasy Romance Drama Alongside Lee Minho

Published Mon May 20 10:43:00 KST 2019 
Updated Mon May 20 10:43:00 KST 2019Kim Go-eun Confirms to Star in a New Fantasy Romance Drama Alongside Lee Minho

Korean actress Kim Go-eun has decided to join a new fantasy romance drama that actor Lee Minho had recently confirmed to star in.

On May 20, the a production team of an upcoming drama 'The King: the Eternal Monarch' (literal translation) revealed that Kim Go-eun will lead their drama alongside Lee Minho.

Kim Go-eun & Lee Minho

'The King: the Eternal Monarch' will be directed by Baik Sang-hoon, who directed 'The Descendants of the Sun' (2016), and is written by famous screenplay writer Kim Eun-sook.

Kim Eun-sook's works include mega-hit dramas like 'Secret Garden' (2010), 'The Heirs' (2013), 'The Descendants of the Sun' (2016), 'Guardian: the Lonely and Great God' (2016), and many more.

Lee Minho previously worked with Kim Eun-sook on 'The Heirs', and it will be the second time for Kim Go-eun to be teaming up with the writer as well, as she worked with her on 'Guardian: the Lonely and Great God'.

Kim Go-eun and Lee Minho

It has been said the story of 'The King: the Eternal Monarch' is based around an alternative reality.

In one world, the Emperor of the Korean Empire 'Lee Gon' (Lee Minho) seeks to keep the door to an alternate reality closed, while in the other, a detective of the Republic of Korea 'Jung Tae-eul' (Kim Go-eun) tries to keep the door open in order to protect her life and the people she loves.

Besides playing a role of 'Jung Tae-eul' who lives in Republic of Korea, Kim Go-eun will also act as 'Luna', a criminal living in the Korean Empire

Kim Go-eun and Lee Minho

Meanwhile, 'The King: the Eternal Monarch' is scheduled to start shooting in the second half of the year and unveil its episodes in the first half of 2020.

(Lee Narin, Credit= 'ggonekim' Instagram, 'OfficialLeeMinho' Facebook, 'minoz' Official Website, SBS funE)

Cr (SBS Star)

• Like 2

I do really happy she have comeback drama,but i dont wanna jinx it. Kim Eun sook is briliant writer.you name id secret garden,dots,the heirs,and goblin. they all big hit drama,but something that worried me about the lack development character of kim eun sook female leads. but i hope im wrong about this . 

• Like 2

@ChunSungIm I, too,  am really happy about her drama comeback but am also very apprehensive that it's a Kim Eun Sook drama. Like you said, Kim Eun Sook's drama female characters tend to lack character development and are poorly written, as in the case of Jin Eun Tak in Goblin. I hope Kim Go Eun won't be sidelined in the drama in favor of both the main and secondary male characters.  On the other hand, the fact that Kim Go Eun is playing dual roles sounds like she might be doing some hefty lifting and acting in the drama so it gives me hope that her characters will be well written and will showcase her acting prowess. It gives me proud that the production studio chose her specifically because they believe in her ability to pull both dual roles.  

I'm  very excited to see her in saguek. I hope she really brushes up on her saguek speaking tone and pronunciation because that was one of the complaints about Memories of The Sword. I hope she's back to playing a strong female character because she does that so well in her movies. And hopefully this drama will shut up all those negatives viewers who found her Jin Eun Tak lacking in Goblin and blaming her for poor portrayal of characte , not the fact that the character was poorly written in the drama.

Kim Go Eun Pairs Up With Lee Min Ho For Her Drama Comeback

20190520_091104.jpg?resize=660,400&ssl=1

KIM GO EUN MAKES HER MUCH-AWAITED SMALL SCREEN COMEBACK IN HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED DRAMA WITH LEE MIN HO!

Reuniting with star writer Kim Eun Sook, the powerhouse cast and production team eye broadcast date in 2020.

Kim-GoEun-For-Marie-Claire-Korea-Magazin

Based on the narrative overview, The King: the Eternal Monarch (working title) features two settings featuring parallel universe concept. It is also billed to showcase romantic moments for the hero and chosen female lead.

Following Lee Min Ho’s dual portrayal, the same challenge will be tackled by the actress. She suits up for contrasting characters in the two parallel words. In Korean empire she portrays criminal Luna. Meanwhile, in the Republic of Korea world, she is Jung Tae Eul, a detective who will team up with Lee Min Ho’s character Lee Gon.

Tasked to present antithesis characters, Kim Go Eun acknowledged the heavy load but vows to accomplish it. “It is not easy to play extreme characters like a criminal and detective. She said, “I thought that if I had a wide range of acting skills, I could do a good job for the two characters, one for Jung Tae Eul and one for Luna.”

IMG_20190520_085745.jpg?resize=768,982&s

Taking the parallel world theme, The King: the Eternal Monarch depicts the story of Emperor Lee Gon, who is fighting off a supernatural villain by closing the door that leads to another dimension. In the other dimension, he seeks the help of his detective counterpart and Jung Tae Eul.

After the massive success of Goblin, Kim Go Eun appeared in 2018 film Sunset in my Hometown. Moreover, she stars alongside Jung Hae In for film Yoo Yeol’s Music Album, which is scheduled to be released this year.

While she has relatively worked on films since her debut in 2012, the actress gained mainstream success with her television dramas Cheese in the Trap and the iconic seriesGuardian: the Lonely and Great God.

With confirmed commanding main leads starring Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun, the series schedules its filming in the second half of the year to enhance its perfection.

Cr HelloKpop

• Like 1

@ucylucy although the theme of the drama kinda familiar (saeguk and nowdays/future seoul) but seems intresting plot,we known kim eun sook plot is briliant when it cames to fantasy drama.As for Female lead yup some of them have strong character like gil ra im in secret garden,but all the spotlight goes to male lead. as i count there 3 of her male lead got dae sang (hyun bin,gong yoo,lee byung hyun).

[HanCinema's News] Kim Go-eun to Quit Language School in Los Angeles to Prepare for "The King: Forever Sovereign"

photo1064686.jpg

Early this year Kim Go-eun started going to a foreign language school in Los Angeles. This was made possible by her relatively light schedule as of late. Since "Goblin" finished back in 2016, Kim Go-eun's only projects have been the movie "Sunset in My Hometown" and the as-yet unreleased film "Yoo-Yeol's Music Album".

A representative from Kim Go-eun's agency, BH Entertainment, has stated that while no firm schedule has been set for the production of "The King: Forever Sovereign" they were currently expecting that she would stop going once such a schedule has been confirmed. Schedule confirmation would probably also mean that Kim Go-eun would start living in South Korea more reliably again, as she has had to travel between the United States and South Korea with some frequency as of late.

Kim Go-eun's prior language school commitment, when taken into consideration with her light acting career since "Goblin", suggests that she may not have been actively seeking out a new role. It seems likely that "The King: Forever Sovereign" screenwriter Kim Eun-sook, who also wrote "Goblin", may have pitched the former "Goblin" star on the positives of the project during her last visit to South Korea. "The King: Forever Sovereign" is expected to air on television sometime next year.

Cr Hancinema

• Like 3

Regarding this new project, I just have an open mind. In Goblin I thought that she was so adorable and that's what made me a mega fan. CITT set the foundation and Goblin entrapped me into the fandom so I'm grateful for it.

• Like 1