Kim Go Eun ♥ 김고은 ♥ 金高銀 ♥ คิมโกอึน ♥ キムゴウン - Upcoming Drama 2024: Eun Jung and Sang Yeon

Lids

• 3 weeks later...

Creating a female-driven crime film

Creating a female-driven crime film

Talent News

Director HAN Jun-hee 한준희 | 韓峻熙 and actress KIM Go-eun 김고은 | 金高恩 — who grew up in Beijing — talk to Film Business Asia about their new film, Coin Locker Girl 차이나타운. They discuss genre conventions, the casting choice of KIM Hye-su 김혜수 | 金憓秀, female-driven cinema in South Korea, and working in China

The film looks like a noir film, but the story doesn't follow the genre conventions. Which came first?
Han: The thing is, this isn't really a genre I wanted to do in the first place. I choose the story, then I choose the genre that tells the story best. So the story comes before the genre.

Miss Kim, how do you choose your roles? How did this character attract you?
Kim: Actually, the genre of the film wasn't that attractive to me. I was actually attracted by the way the story dealt with very fundamental things in life and humanity.

Was a difficult to make a dark, serious film like this as your feature debut?
Han: Actually, I don't think this is such a serious and dark film. How the public perceives the film is very important to me, but at the same time, I thought that this might my final film, so I just did my best. Korean directors never know if there will ever be a second film, so I did my best as if it would be my last.

So what is the competition like for young directors now?
Han: It varies from one individual to another. In South Korea, young people now see going to the cinema as killing time, so young directors have to get over that kind of view.

Miss Kim, how do you feel about doing the violence in the film?
Kim: It wasn't that difficult for me because I had done a lot of action scenes in my previous films, so my body was ready for that.

Which roles do you prefer, action or dramatic roles?
Kim: The cute types. I want to play someone cute in the future, like a romance. Because my roles in the past few years have been exhausting, so I want to do something like a love story.

To Mr. Han, what was your experience with CGV Arthouse?
Han: Simon LEE 이상윤 is a very smart, intelligent person. In Korean society, to make a film with two female characters is a difficult thing, so we proposed to change the main character. But Mr. Lee was very supportive of me. He's a producer who knows how to respect directors. So it was very pleasant to work together.

Why did you choose Kim Hye-su to play the "Mom" character?
Han: There's actually a lot of resemblance between Kim Hye-su and "Mom". Her character's evil aspect aside, Kim Hye-su, like "Mom", has maintained her place at the top for a long time. I think Kim Hye-su has two sides to her as a top star: loneliness and ferocity. I could see both her bright and dark sides at once, and that was also my image of "Mom". When I saw her on screen, I knew that was "Mom". There was no alternate choice. Actually, she refused the role three times. I then wrote her a letter telling her that we must meet, even if she turns down the role. And that worked.

Miss Kim, was there a significant meaning for you to be in a female-driven film like this?
Kim: Actually, I do realise that it is very rare all around the world to have a female-centred film. I didn't realise that before, but I do now. I chose this film because of the script, not because it was a female-driven film. But, now I do hope that this film would be a good role model of a female-driven film.

What is the environment like for a young actress in South Korea cinema at the moment?
Kim: It's too early for me to complain or to say whether it's good or not because I haven't been in many films, and I still have a lot of roles I can play in the future. But it's true that there are more male characters in Korean society, and that female character tend to just serve the main male character. However, I want to maintain an open mind even on roles that don't seem good at first, hoping that maybe I can turn it into a good role in the end. So I won't complain now.

Would both of you consider taking your careers overseas?
Kim: [In Chinese] My Chinese isn't very good now. If the chance comes, of course I'd like to go overseas. However, the most important issue is language. It wouldn't be good if I don't really understand the language I'm acting in. If I go to China, I must study Chinese again. I'll have to work harder on speaking the language. When people see me and don't realise that I'm a Korean person speaking Chinese, then I'll be ready to go to China.

Han: If there's an opportunity to make a film, then I'll go. I'm open to that. Once this film is finished, then I will think about my final film once more.

Source

• Like 1

Guest dingdong1008

Which roles do you prefer, action or dramatic roles?
Kim: The cute types. I want to play someone cute in the future, like a romance. Because my roles in the past few years have been exhausting, so I want to do something like a love story.

come to dramaland please...i bet Kim Soo Hyun will be the best lead male for you :wub:

Guest adikkeluangman

Kang Ha Neul, Kim Woo Bin, and More Honored at Korean Film Actors’ Guild Award Ceremony

Many actors were honored at the Korean Film Actors’ Guild‘s award ceremony that took place on June 18.

Actors Son Hyun Joo and Kim Myung Min were awarded the highest honors of the night. Both of the actors have been in two of the highest-grossing domestic films of 2015 so far, with Son Hyun Joo starring in “The Chronicles of Evil” and Kim Myung Min in “Detective K 2.”

2015061818130262083_2.jpg

The popularity award of the ceremony went to Kim Woo Bin, who starred in the youth comedy film “Twenty.” The new actor award went to his co-star Kang Ha Neul.

Other actors who received awards at the ceremony included Kim Go Eun (“Coin Locker Girl“), Kim Sung Kyun (“The Deal“), Lee Seung Gi (“Love Forecast“), Ji Jin Hee (“Equator“), and Lee Yeon Hee (“Detective K 2″).

http://www.soompi.com/2015/06/18/kang-ha-neul-kim-woo-bin-and-more-honored-at-korean-film-actors-guild-award-ceremony/

• 2 weeks later...

Lee Min Ho, Moon Chae Won, and More Win Big at the 19th Annual BiFan Awards

BiFan-2015.jpg

The winners of the 19th annual Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival(BiFan) have been revealed!

On July 8, a representative of BiFan revealed that actors Lee Min Ho andMoon Chae Won were selected for the ‘Producers’ Choice’ award (chosen by a combined decision from BiFan and Korea Film Writers Association), to light up the ceremony as the country’s greatest stars.

Actors Jung Woo and Kim Go Eun were also put on the awards list after being voted for the ‘Fantasia Award,’ as the stars that Bucheon citizens most want to see at the event.

As for the ‘It Star Award,’ which goes to the actor that showcased the most impressive acting in the film category, actor Oh Dal Soo of “Ode to My Father” (2014), “The Thieves” (2012), “The Attorney” (2013), and “Miracle in Cell No.7” (2013) took the title.

Credit: Soompi

• Like 3

Kim Go Eun Being Considered for Drama “Cheese in the Trap”

Kim Go Eun Being Considered for Drama “Cheese in the Trap”

tvN’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Cheese in the Trap” is still looking for a female lead to act opposite of Park Hae Jin.

A representative from the drama revealed, “It is true that we have offered the role to Kim Go Eun. However, she is only one of many candidates who received offers. We will be having an extra audition as well. Depending on the results, we will confirm who will be casted.”

Previously, miss A’s Suzy had turned down a casting offer for the same role.

Meanwhile, the drama will be based on a webtoon of the same name. Park Hae Jin will play the role of the male lead character Yoo Jung. Lee Yoon Jung will be directing as well. The first episode is planned to air in October.

Which actress do you think would suit the role well?

Source

With all the uproar about her participation, I hope she says no. Instead of being thrilled they all complain?  They don't deserve her.

Edited by irilight
  • Like 2

‘Cheese in the Trap’ fans get picky on casting

Actress Kim Go-eun on Sunday turned down the female lead role for upcoming cartoon-based TV soap “Cheese in the Trap” as the fans of the original Web-based cartoon meddled in the casting process. Last Monday, singer-actress Suzy also turned down the offer.

Industry insiders view the cast as “a poisoned chalice” as fans make abusive comments online if the celebrities do not satisfy them.

They even have created the new buzzword “Chee-omoni,” which is a “Cheese”-themed play on “Si-omoni,” the Korean word for mother-in-law. In South Korea, the word often refers to people who get in the way and boss others around.

With two actresses turning down the role due to heavy pressure from the fans, the producer faces rough going with the casting.

“Cheese in the Trap” is based on a popular Web-based cartoon of the same name, and is set to premiere in October via local cable network TvN. Park Hae-jin was cast early on for the male lead role. Producer Lee Yun-jeong of MBC’s hit drama “Coffee Prince” and TvN’s “Heart to Heart” will head up the production.

Source

• Like 2