[Mainland Chinese Drama 2013] Prince of Lan Ling 兰陵王

sugarplum892

File:Lanling Wang.jpg
Details:

Title:  兰陵王 / Lan Ling Wang
English title: Prince of Lan Ling

Producers: Yang Deng Kui (杨登魁), Feng Shao Feng, Chen Yu Shan (Lady and the Liar 千金女賊, The Wolf 狼殿下)

Genre: Fiction, Historical, Romance

Episodes: 46

Director: Zhong Shu Jia (See You Again 時間都知道 )
Broadcast Date: August 14, 2013 - October 17, 2013

Cast:

William Feng Shao Feng as Lan Ling Wang (Prince of Lan Ling)

Su Han Ye (苏晗烨) as young Gao Chang Gong

Ariel Lin as Yang Xue Wu

Jiang Yi Yi as young Yang Xue Wu

Daniel Chan as Yuwen Yong

George Hu as An De Wang (Prince of An De)

Zhai Tian Lin as Gao Wei (Crown Prince)

Mao Lin Lin as Zheng Er / Feng Xiao Lian

Wei Qian Xiang as Han Xiao Dong

He Zhong Hua (何中华) as Emperor Gao Zhan

Dai Chun Rong as Empress Hu

Li Dong Han as Yang Shi Shen

He Qiang (贺镪) as Duan Shao

Lu Yong as Hulu Guang

Wang Tian Ye (王天野) as Hulu Xu

DaWang Rui (王睿) as Li Ao

Deng Sha as Lan Ling Wang's birth mother

Synopsis:

A prophecy foretold that victory goes to the one who has the priestess' blessing. Yang Xue Wu, the last priestess of her clan, unwittingly embroiled in a war between Northern Qi and Northern Zhou. Although she foresees a tragic fate for Lan Ling Wang, the military general of Northern Qi, she nonetheless falls in love with him and helps him win the war against Yuwen Yong, the Emperor of Northern Zhou. However, her action only brings him closer to his fate. As his standing among his people grows, so does the murderous jealousy in Crown prince's heart. Can she protect him when it's family who wants him dead?
Raw Trailer:

OSTs:
Mayday - Into The Array Song

Ding Dang - Palm

Jia Jia - Destiny

Daniel Chan - Suddenly Touched

Additional Links:
Prince of Lan Ling 兰陵王 VIki English Subbed Episodes
Prince of Lan Ling 兰陵王 Raw Episodes
Prince of Lan Ling 兰陵王 Official Facebook Page
Prince of Lan Ling 兰陵王 Official GTV Website

See You Again 時間都知道 Official Drama Thread

William Feng Official Soompi Thread

The Wolf 狼殿下 Official Drama Thread

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
angelangie l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

• 2 weeks later...

Finished this drama 3 weeks ago & gosh it still made me rewatch again especially the first 20 episodes...

I've never watched any William Feng's drama *ha* but becoz of this drama, he got a new fan  :\">

I cried buckets when 曉冬 saved 雪舞 

• 1 month later...

I am watching Prince of Lan Ling now, and indeed Feng also has another fan!!  I think this role really fits him.  His actions and demeanor really fit that of a general.  I didn't bother to notice him before this role at all.  I was like Sirius, I wasn't going to watch it because of Ariel, I don't think she can act well.  So I was going to pass it.  But ....Sirius....watch it!!  It's good, just pretend Ariel is another actress and you'll make it through....LOL... really (: 

Guest chloe_addict

I thought Ariel was miscast in this drama. She is very pretty, but her look is too "contemporary" for a period drama like this. I could still her cutesy-ness in her acting which seemed out of place in this drama. But William Feng, oh my, he acted so well in this drama! 

• 4 weeks later...

I´m having so much second lead syndrome by watching this drama. Daniel Chan is mighty fine and so good at portraying the King of Zhou. Seriously no matter what I can´t hate him, I just melt everytime I see him smile and when I remember how kind and happy he looked as Ah Guai. Why is it I´m always feeling sad and hurt for the second lead? T_T

• 3 months later...

I just finished watching this drama and I totally enjoyed it!  The storyline and the lead actor William Feng were terrific....this role suited him so perfectly...so handsome...so princely.....such a great warrior with high ideals......"the best"....and Daniel Chan.....gosh he was eye candy!  :)  Loved his dedication to Xuewu...I cried buckets at the end....for him...for her...for him....sooo sad!!!..... :(

lol!   I think I will watch this one again from the beginning.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This c-drama is definitely my favorite!! Omggg I love this drama so much that I kept rewatching lol! My OTP here is so sweet and adorable together!!! <3

​I had a phase of rewatching this again as well.. watched 1-6 (at least 5 times) and then 20-28 (at least 3 times). bahaha!

This c-drama is definitely my favorite!! Omggg I love this drama so much that I kept rewatching lol! My OTP here is so sweet and adorable together!!! <3

​I had a phase of rewatching this again as well.. watched 1-6 (at least 5 times) and then 20-28 (at least 3 times). bahaha!

​hahaha I rewatched all the episodes before Lan Ling Wang died & when he reunite with Xue Wu and skipped the episodes where Lan Ling Wang 'died'. Geez I can't stop crying every time lolz 

​hahaha I rewatched all the episodes before Lan Ling Wang died & when he reunite with Xue Wu and skipped the episodes where Lan Ling Wang 'died'. Geez I can't stop crying every time lolz 

​Any other Chinese drama recommendations? I have bit of time this week since I have work vacation days I have accrued and must use up. 

​Also, it got a little draggy especially when Xue Wu couldn't trust her man. lol She was so insecure of her feelings to him but in a way he was also at fault for neglecting her. What a tragic and bitter ending but still I wouldn't change it! She had to die anyways because it was destined. Plus her grandmother also foresaw everything so since ep 1 I knew she would die. At least she left him a child to tend for.. a child with some pros and cons. Too bad they  didn't make a sequel! I would have love some more Ariel Lin love story. 

I love this drama and seen it  soo many times.  I really liked how they kept the elements of the actual Chinese history and love how they twisted the ending having him survive where as in history he didn't.  I also like how they had his child survive as in history they believe that his child did survive after his death.  I too would like to see a second season maybe with ariel lin returning as a new person ..perhaps a look a like. I wasn't so sure that Xue Wu would die in the end, because I was hoping that she would change  her fate..instead what she did was change his. Their is another version of this coming out soon and the lead actor is sooo hansom but their is no air date yet which I don't mind because it gives me many chances to prepare my mind to  not compare the two.  :sweatingbullets:

• 8 months later...

Archived